UMass Line

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Matunuck
Lamar Odom

UMass Line

Unread post by Matunuck »

UMass opens at -9. Rhody +9, thank you very much.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Re: UMass Line

Unread post by twisted3829 »

I'm seeing Umass -8, but I would still take URI +8. both teams play tight games
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

I/m taking the points.
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

I'm not a gambler by any means, but out of curiosity do any of you know how often has URI covered in games this year?

It seems like there's always huge lines and we've remained close in just about every game. Just wondering how off Vegas has been...
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

No value for me I predicted UMASS by 9
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

EZBuckets wrote:I'm not a gambler by any means, but out of curiosity do any of you know how often has URI covered in games this year?

It seems like there's always huge lines and we've remained close in just about every game. Just wondering how off Vegas has been...
URI is 10-7-1 against the spread this year
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
RIhoopz14
Kenny Green

Unread post by RIhoopz14 »

Yea Rhody has done a good job covering in A10 play. Went big and nailed the 1H +9 vs Butler. But as crazy as it sounds, I think this could be a trap line. Lots of ppl just saw Rhody hang tough with Butler and VCU and probably think +8 is enough against UMASS.

I think Chaz Williams is gonna give Powell fits, and generally we dont match up against them well except for Hare and Putney are mirror images of each other haha. If we lost on the road to Fordham without Chris Gaston, I could see this also being a letdown game after playing vcu and butler.

And after saying all this...... i'll still probably end up taking Rhody lol
0 x
skwalk47
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by skwalk47 »

Over 70% of the bets have been on UMASS so I dont think the public is over reacting to URI "hanging around". I placed a bet at +8.5 -103.

Even if this wasnt Rhody I would be on the game with a road dog getting less than 30% of bets.
0 x
URI BS '08 MS '11

NO LONGER waiting on my first NCAA appearance!
Gonebarongone
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Gonebarongone »

skwalk47 wrote:Over 70% of the bets have been on UMASS so I dont think the public is over reacting to URI "hanging around". I placed a bet at +8.5 -103.

Even if this wasnt Rhody I would be on the game with a road dog getting less than 30% of bets.
Hate these lines. Could easily see Rhody hanging tough, be down five or six with a minute left and lose it as they try to foul. If you think it will be a tight game, the value is in the money line (+320). If you think it will be close, then you think Rhody pulls out one out of three (get hot at the end, hit a couple threes, etc.) and you would have value in +320.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I got talked into taking URI ugh !!!
0 x