Jayden Daly - A Daly Dose of Hoops - More on Dan Hurley

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Jayden Daly - A Daly Dose of Hoops - More on Dan Hurley

Unread post by RF1 »

The writer from Daly Dose of Hoops that had some critical words of Coach Hurley after the Fordham game has now really gone off on him calling him a maniac. Follow the link below to a more detailed post of Dan Hurley he wrote on the Fordham board. This Daly character seems to really have an axe to grind. It however sort of fits the Fordham fan MO. Over the years they always seem to personalize their dislike for URI players and coaches. They hated Coach Baron and were really nasty to his sons over the years taking it to an extreme. It must be just another bad Bronx trait.

http://fordhamfans.smfforfree.com/index ... 380.0.html

here's what I can say about the maniac that paced the visiting bench Saturday:

It seems as though the more experience he gets, the more unhinged he becomes during games.

Compared to other coaches that seem intense, (Bobby Gonzalez, Mike Rice, etc.) Hurley takes the cake and runs away with it.
Last edited by RF1 11 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Jayden Daly - Daly Dose of Hoops - More on Dan Hurley

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Not worried one bit.

They won't beat us again for years, here or there.

The only thing I'll say, is that Dan is trying his damndest to win these games. Some might not like his methods, but I really think he has to push as hard as he can, to motivate certain players on this team.

Hopefully starting next season, he'll tone it down some.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Oh goodness. You'd think this Daly guy would have access to a DVR or other tape of the game so he can see exactly what happened in each instance. He continues to suggest that Hurley went after Tom Pecora and the Fordham bench. Even another Fordham fan on that thread said this simply did not happen.

I was amazed when Dan went over half court and lost his cool, requiring Bobby to pull him back by his jacket/shirt. There was also a time when it looked like Jim Carr was a bit out of control following a Fordham player's aggressive move long after the whistle and media timeout was to begin.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

These guys are all clearly delusional. Saying Hurley was "going after" anybody is absolutely absurd. Let them have their fun though, they actually won a game so they are getting all excited.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

ATPTourFan wrote:Oh goodness. You'd think this Daly guy would have access to a DVR or other tape of the game so he can see exactly what happened in each instance. He continues to suggest that Hurley went after Tom Pecora and the Fordham bench. Even another Fordham fan on that thread said this simply did not happen.
Now, now, we need not have actual facts come in and mess up the conversation. If you read through that board, there's a strange Hurley family obsession coming from more than a few of them. That guy continues it by repeatedly mentioning Dan in the context of what his father and brother have accomplished, as if he's never done anything himself. It's really quite bizarre. If anyone wants to call into question the character of another, it's best to have more of a case than he presented, lest the character accusation be turned around.
0 x
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Re: Jayden Daly - A Daly Dose of Hoops - More on Dan Hurley

Unread post by Optimistic »

That board is a den of lunatics and delusional fans. One guy on there is seriously suggesting that Hare be suspended for elbowing Canty and Powell for shoving a guy. Give me a break. They can enjoy this win all they want, there won't be anymore coming against us in the near future.
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
This one just came out of the swamp
This one dropped a payload
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ace wrote: If you read through that board, there's a strange Hurley family obsession coming from more than a few of them. That guy continues it by repeatedly mentioning Dan in the context of what his father and brother have accomplished, as if he's never done anything himself. It's really quite bizarre. If anyone wants to call into question the character of another, it's best to have more of a case than he presented, lest the character accusation be turned around.
That was what I meant by my comments in this first post of this thread. This guy and Fordham fans in general personalize their dislike to an unhealthy obsession, Fordham fans were the worst to both Jimmy and Billy getting on their case for being Daddy's boys even though both of them were better than just about every player they ever faced on any Fordham team. They really hated Jim Baron more than any other fanbase and it seems they are now directing it at the Hurleys. Very bizarre behavior on their part in my opinion. I guess however you have to be a bit off your rocker to be a Fordham fan. Those people are real masochists.
0 x
Optimistic
Kenny Green

Never understood the Baron-hate from Fordham. If I were a fan of any other team in the A10 I would've been his biggest fan!
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

I saw the replay of this game and there is no question that Fordham is one dirty team. More ludicrous is their crybaby fans. Only delusional people think that Fordham has a chance at making it to Barclay's. And talking about convenient, biased thinking, they brag about the last two games at Rose Hill which they won by a combined total of 4 points, but they somehow don't remember that they lost to one of the worst teams in URI history last season on our home court by 20 points, in a rout from start to finish. And if there are any ignorant Fordham fans reading this, I have a news flash for you, your hero, Gaston played in that game, so much for theory that you are unbeatable with him in the game!
0 x
Optimistic
Kenny Green

I think the only thing more pathetic about Fordham than this griping about Hurley is their announcer's insistence that URI-Fordham is a rivalry. Please. URI-UMass are rivals. URI-PC are rivals. URI and Fordham are not rivals. In 2-3 years we won't even be in the same universe when it comes to the quality of our basketball programs.
0 x
This one's optimistic
This one went to market
Fodder for the animals
Living on animal farm
Rhody72
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhody72 »

I doesn't seem that DH is getting an inordinate number of technical fouls for his conduct.
0 x
NCAAs or Bust!
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

hahaha what a bunch of losers, I dont care that we lost, they can have it this season. but i hope WE DESTROY fordham every season after. Sometimes I feel bad if the team i root for consantly beats another team..until they beat us and talk smack then I lose all sympathy
0 x
GO RAMS
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

They do seem to have a lot to say for the perennial worst team in the league.
Some fans can't handle losing. These idiots can't handle winning.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What a bunch of losers. I love Hurley's passion and I hope it continues though maybe he needs to tone it down just a notch
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Optimistic wrote:I think the only thing more pathetic about Fordham than this griping about Hurley is their announcer's insistence that URI-Fordham is a rivalry. Please. URI-UMass are rivals. URI-PC are rivals. URI and Fordham are not rivals. In 2-3 years we won't even be in the same universe when it comes to the quality of our basketball programs.

Their fans really dislike URI and for years have had this fantasy that the series is a rivalry. I don't doubt that it is important to them but Rhody fans just have a feeling of indifference when it come to Fordham. In my opinion, a "true" rivalry involves both sides and that clearly is not the case here.
0 x
Keaney.Blue
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Keaney.Blue »

I'm not sure why their fans consider URI a rival, until the meltdown last season our team viewed the Fordham trip as a vacation. We'd go down there, do some sightseeing, beat Fordham by 30 and be back to Rhody in 2.5 hours.

The latino ref said something to DH towards the end of the game and it seemed to provoke Dan. That guy has always been an asshole so I'm not surprised. Maybe that's what Daly is talking about.
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

I had to feed this troll, I couldn't help it.

http://rhodyrampage.com/2013/01/29/did- ... om-pecora/
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Love it!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramfan85
Carlton Owens

Unread post by ramfan85 »

Never thought I'd say this, but I can't wait for the next Fordham game. Just our luck, we only play them once this year.
0 x
RhodeIslandBred
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RhodeIslandBred »

Can't wait for next year to shut these clowns up. URI-Fordam rivalry lol.
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

Fordham beat us, so we have to expect their fans to pound their chests and gloat a bit. Only way to shut them up is to beat them next year.

We shouldn't lose to Fordham, ever.
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

There are days where I hate myself for being a Rhody fan..usually after losses like this.

But then when I see a program and fans like Fordham..i get perspective, laugh, and feel much better about myself. Like watching teen mom or maury.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

We usually bring a lot of fans to the Fordham game in the Bronx.....maybe their fans didn't like being outnumbered in their own house for so many years....that may have led to their animosity....

.....as an aside.....I am a fan who wants Fordham to get real good.....we shouldn't have a Providence College fan attitude that we should always be far superior to them and get apoplectic when they beat us....

.....a strong Fordham team would boost the A-10's presence in NYC, the media capital of the world (sorry LA!)....and with their alumni base they could rival St Johns as the basketball college kingpin in the city....their alums are high achievers as befits a school with perhaps the highest academic standing in the A-10
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I still don't get how this guy thinks he saw something that no one else who was at the game or who covered the game saw. It's baffling.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

ace wrote:I still don't get how this guy thinks he saw something that no one else who was at the game or who covered the game saw. It's baffling.
Yeah don't you think that just maybe, if one coach "went after" another coach in a college basketball game, it would have made news somewhere by now? And beyond that throw in the fact that the coaches name is Hurley.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I think he is a guy with a blog......anyone here can start one.....you don't need credibility or credentials....

.....if someone in high esteem wrote the same thing I might believe it...not him....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Hopefully DH gets wind of this and we take out our frusteration with them next time we play them
0 x