Will URI win more games this year than last?

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.

Will URI Win More Than They Did Last Year

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 40

Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Will URI win more games this year than last?

Unread post by Blue Man »

We are 2 wins away from surpassing the 7 of last year.

In one of the most up-and-down runs I'm not sure we thought we'd see - we beat a team no one could fathom us beating, and lost to a team no one could fathom us losing to. So I'm pretty sure no one can get a handle on who we're going to be night in and night out.

What do you think...do we win 2 more out of the 11 we have left?
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
RhodeIslandBred
Jeff Kent

Re: Will URI win more games this year than last?

Unread post by RhodeIslandBred »

We lost those games though by a combined two points, with a tad more offensive execution we would have one those were not a team that is going to blow away the competition in any game were going to hang right there with teams and hopefully make that big shot at the end to get us over the hump. Unfortunately that hasn't happened the last couple of games and we've lost but we will win a couple more. Problem is though with those two losses I think we are out of contention for Brooklyn this year, were playing mostly top tier teams for the last part of the year.

If we can stay in those games with the elite teams though imagine what it will do for this teams confidence going forward with Biruta, Matthews, Oneyekaba, Martin, Minnis so many more options to go to on offense, were going to move to at least an upper middle team if not a team competing to win the A10. Can't wait, and I will be at VCU on Wednesday cheering the guys on.
0 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

They will beat Dayton, St Bonnie, & Duquesne.
0 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I'm going out on a limb and saying we get the upset in one of these next two games...
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I think they will surpass last year's win total. It however may only be by one or two games.
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

No way we win at Hinkle.
0 x
RhodeIslandBred
Jeff Kent

Unread post by RhodeIslandBred »

adam914 wrote:I'm going out on a limb and saying we get the upset in one of these next two games...
I like the positive thinking, I give them a much better shot in the VCU game at home, if we can get some home calls in this one... Butler is playing really well right now and I think they just may be too physical for this team right now. We'll see...
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

9 wins. That's 3 more. I would like to see us get to 10, that means no 20 loss season, but it's going to be tough.

We will be in most of the rest of the games, but how many close ones will we win? If you figure we'll be close in, say 7-8 more games, we might win 3 of them.

This team isn't good enough to blow anybody out. Simply outmanned.

Losing the last 2 killed any chance at NY.
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

We are still gonna upset someone in the upper 1/3 tier, beat another two in our neighborhood...
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

No doubt, I think we get to 10 wins at least
0 x