Ryan Center Basketball Court

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
The Dude
Tom Garrick

Re: Ryan Center Basketball Court

Unread post by The Dude »

ATPTourFan wrote:I love Oregon's arena and floor.

So if Oregon's got a deep forest as their floor theme, what would be the theme for Rhody?

That would be utterly ridiculous to see on the floor. (haha...get it...I used the word utter...lol)
0 x
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Marcus Garvey
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

heh...
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
rhodyfan3
ARD

Re: Basketball Court

Unread post by rhodyfan3 »

section(105) wrote:hey Thorr, wanna generate some interest from others on campus and/or in the state......have a design the court contest.......
I would be thrilled about a new court. This is a good idea too. I wonder if it could happen?
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Re: Basketball Court

Unread post by RF1 »

rhodyfan3 wrote:
section(105) wrote:hey Thorr, wanna generate some interest from others on campus and/or in the state......have a design the court contest.......
I would be thrilled about a new court. This is a good idea too. I wonder if it could happen?

Per a post above on page 1, the URI AD Thorr Bjorn replied via an email that the plan is for a new floor to be in place for next season.

Essam wrote:Hello my friend.

We are actually hoping to get a new floor next year with a new design. Thanks so much n

Thorr Bjorn
Athletic Director
University of Rhode Island
(401)874-5245
http://www.gorhody.com
Twitter @thorrbjorn
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Last night on the Rhody Basketball Show on WHJJ, in the final minute, a fan question to #AskDan came in about the Ryan Center floor. Dan confirmed efforts to get a new design in place for next year, when fans will notice many changes aesthetically around the program and in the results on the floor.

http://www.920whjj.com/player/?mid=22813273
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

sounds promising cant wait
0 x
GO RAMS
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thats great. Very encouraging to see that Dan is interested in improving everything surrounding the program, beyond even just the team on the floor.
0 x
ElmCityRhody
Sly Williams

Unread post by ElmCityRhody »

Great to hear.. So glad the direction of this thread.. What once was a dream.. Now seems like a reality.. Personally, I would definitely do the interlocking RI in the center court.. To me, it is a great logo, and a no brainer..
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Isn't it great, that we finally have a coach who wants to improve all aspects of the program?

Not just wins and losses.

All Baron wanted to do, was play the games.

Even if we had made the Dance a couple times with him, would anything have really changed?
0 x
Captainron@
Kenny Green

Unread post by Captainron@ »

That's what cost Al Skinner his job at BC. Some places you can get away with that, but most places, you have to jump in with both feet and try and move mountains
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

A couple of weeks ago, there was a poster who inferred that the Hurleys were unhappy about something at URI. Unkept promise?

Seems to me now, that whatever it was, it's something [if it's true at all] that might have to wait until the dollars start to come in, after we start winning games and NCAA bids. Especially with more money being allocated to the football program.

Like was said before, nobody gets everything they want right away. Just have to be patient. I guess that includes us AND the coaches.
0 x
Captainron@
Kenny Green

Unread post by Captainron@ »

78, you might not be able to give them what you want right away, but you damn sure better show a plan to make the major stuff happen in a timely manner if you want to keep top talent like Hurley. I'm betting they are working on it. But then again this is the state of Rhode Island here
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

If it were up to the state of RI, Hurley would be gone soon or would have never taken the job to begin with.

I'm confident that he'll get most if not all of what he wants. Of course, some of that will be determined by how well we do in the next couple of years.

If he delivers on his promise to get us to that next level, URI HAS to step up also. Or else, it'll be just more of the same after he leaves.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

I could care less about a rumor that began at Lasalle Academy.
I'm sure as hell not worried about Hurley leaving anytime soon, if
at all.
I'm concerned with the product on and off the court.
I also have faith in Thorr and Dooley, over panicing over teenage rumors.
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

That was a bs runor.
I can't be worried about whether Hurley leaves or not, one day he will leave.
More important is what he does now while he is here.
He needs to recruit strong, turn this team completely aroound next year and fulfill the expectations that we all have of him.
We have to make this URI Program strong and do it fast. The repositioning of teams in Conferences could come soon and URI needs to put itself in a position of strength. The NEC decision for Football did not help.
0 x