Parfait Bitee

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Parfait Bitee

Unread post by PeteRI »

OK, I barely followed the team once Baron Von Mediocre took over the program for what seemed like 192 years.

But we didn't really have a player named Parfait Bitee, did we?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Parfait Bitee

Unread post by Blue Man »

PeteRI wrote:OK, I barely followed the team once Baron Von Mediocre took over the program for what seemed like 192 years.

But we didn't really have a player named Parfait Bitee, did we?
He was great. Point guard and good shooter. Also Lazare Adigono’s nephew or something?
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The Cameroon connections..
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Blue Man wrote:
He was great. Point guard and good shooter. Also Lazare Adigono’s nephew or something?
OK, now you're just f#*king with me. :|
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeteRI wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parfait_Bitee
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
PeteRI wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parfait_Bitee
All you had to do was mention Petro Atlético and I would have gotten the connection.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

PeteRI wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
Lol Lazare was an early Baron recruit from YAYUMDE CAMEROOOON (how it was announced in the starting lineup). Also a great shooter. Played with a mask a lot of I remember correctly.

Parfait threw some of the prettiest alley oops you’d see though.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Blue Man wrote:
PeteRI wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
Lol Lazare was an early Baron recruit from YAYUMDE CAMEROOOON (how it was announced in the starting lineup). Also a great shooter. Played with a mask a lot of I remember correctly.

Yup. Loved Bitee.

To be fair, throwing alley oops to Ulmer helped the pretty factor. He's the best leaper and dunker we might've ever had

2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Unread post by mstyles22 »

Parfait was a very good player. At times great. One of those guys who makes the "leap" his Senior year and really becomes one of the better players on the court.

His Senior year was the infamous 07-08 season where Rhody...

- Started 19-3
- Was ranked in the high 20's for 4 straight weeks at the beginning on conference play
- Beat PC by 17 and 'Cuse in the Carrier Dome in back-to-back games
- Had Will Daniels (SR), Parfait (SR), Jimmy (JR), Seawright (JR), Cothran (SO), Ulmer (SO), Delroy (SO) and Marquis Jones (FR) on the same team
- LOST 9 of their last 11, 7 of those by 2 possessions or less.

The fact that NONE of those players danced is a crime. An absolute crime. The first 7 guys I listed put "Professional Basketball Player" on their 1099's at some point after they graduated. Most of them for 8 years+
5 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

mstyles22 wrote:Parfait was a very good player. At times great. One of those guys who makes the "leap" his Senior year and really becomes one of the better players on the court.

His Senior year was the infamous 07-08 season where Rhody...

- Started 19-3
- Was ranked in the high 20's for 4 straight weeks at the beginning on conference play
- Beat PC by 17 and 'Cuse in the Carrier Dome in back-to-back games
- Had Will Daniels (SR), Parfait (SR), Jimmy (JR), Seawright (JR), Cothran (SO), Ulmer (SO), Delroy (SO) and Marquis Jones (FR) on the same team
- LOST 9 of their last 11, 7 of those by 2 possessions or less.

The fact that NONE of those players danced is a crime. An absolute crime. The first 7 guys I listed put "Professional Basketball Player" on their 1099's at some point after they graduated. Most of them for 8 years+
An absolute travesty that team didn’t dance.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

In that Ulmer highlight real I think I recorded the clip from the Brown game haha
1 x
15 Year Lurker
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by 15 Year Lurker »

Blue Man wrote:
PeteRI wrote:
Blue Man wrote:

Since this is when I would usually just lurk and read Rod's corrections on URI basketball history but sadly we don't have that..

Lazare was actually a Jerry D recruit. And Parfait was his nephew.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

15 Year Lurker wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
PeteRI wrote:

Since this is when I would usually just lurk and read Rod's corrections on URI basketball history but sadly we don't have that..

Lazare was actually a Jerry D recruit. And Parfait was his nephew.
We need more of these corrections!
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

mstyles22 wrote:The fact that NONE of those players danced is a crime. An absolute crime. The first 7 guys I listed put "Professional Basketball Player" on their 1099's at some point after they graduated. Most of them for 8 years+
The fact that Baron wasn't fired after that epic collapse with such a talented team is an even worse crime.
4 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

Bitee shot almost 52% from the arc his senior year, and he also became a much better distributor. Ulmer is one of my all-time favorite Rhody players. He had 2-3 highlight reel dunks every game and was probably our best rebounder his senior year. As noted above, it's amazing that Baron couldn't get that team into the tournament with all the talent we had.
1 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

NJRhodyFan wrote:Bitee shot almost 52% from the arc his senior year, and he also became a much better distributor. Ulmer is one of my all-time favorite Rhody players. He had 2-3 highlight reel dunks every game and was probably our best rebounder his senior year. As noted above, it's amazing that Baron couldn't get that team into the tournament with all the talent we had.
yup, I'd kill to see what Harrick or Hurley could've done with that squad.

we (correctly) are in love with the depth of this year's team, but that 07-08 team is pretty easily the deepest team we've had this century.

- Daniels was one of the most versatile scorer we've had
- Jimmy is the best shooter we'll ever see (and if someone comes along to prove me wrong there, amazing)
- Seawright was a damn good post player
- Bitee was perfect for them, a rock steady and skilled PG
- Delroy was Delroy...may be the most fun guy to watch play in the Baron years
- Cothran was Stan with more offense
- Ulmer is crazy athletic and one of the better 'do a bit of everything' guys in the mold of ARD. 1000+ pts, 700+ reb, 100+ ast, 100+ stls, 100+ blks
- Marquis off the bench as the freshman

there are 6 1,000 pt scorers on that team!
Last edited by Da_Process_Survivor 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
---
---
steveystuds06
Sly Williams

Unread post by steveystuds06 »

Bitee had one of the best performances I’ve ever seen against Syracuse. He was the most efficient player on the floor. I beleive he was close to a double double with about 20 pts and 8 assists against Johnny Flynn who was one the best guards in the country. Man that game was fun...

If Dan Hurley coached that team we go to the Sweet 16.
2 x
ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah that's a good point that team was pretty talented

Unfortunately we had CFL as the coach and he should take most of the blame for that epic melt down the stretch
0 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

parfait Bitee and the word great don't belong in the same sentence. He was good not great. the word great belongs to Jiggy, Silk, Tyson and Jeff.
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

He is working on staff for Coach Skerry at Towson.
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Ulmer had a knack for stealing inbounds passes and dunking them. After we scored, he'd start upcourt, then suddenly turn around and intercept the inbounds.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Bos8 wrote:He is working on staff for Coach Skerry at Towson.

Link:
http://towsontigers.com/coaches.aspx?rc=585&path=mbball
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RF1 wrote:

Link:
Well this isn't true:

"He also departed Rhode Island as the school's all-time leader in assists, three-pointers made and three-point field goal percentage."

He's 9th in the first two and 6th in the 3rd category.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

steviep123 wrote:
RF1 wrote:

Link:
Well this isn't true:

"He also departed Rhode Island as the school's all-time leader in assists, three-pointers made and three-point field goal percentage."

yeah, sounds like whoever made the bio read the stats next to 'Wheeler, Tyson' instead of Parfait
1 x
---
---
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Get to know Parfait Bitee

0 x
JFrech21
Jeff Kent

Unread post by JFrech21 »

steviep123 wrote:
RF1 wrote:

Link:
Well this isn't true:

To be fair, it does say when he departed. At that time he was 7th in Assists, 5th in 3pt made, and 5th in 3pt %.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

steviep123 wrote:
RF1 wrote:

Link:
Well this isn't true:

Proabably the all time URI leader of players from Cameroon....
1 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agree with whomever said Parfait was good, not great. I actually think given his size and the fact he was a combo guard turned into a PG he's the best comparison for Dowtin. I think Dowtin will surpass him given his full body of work, but Parfait did have a terrific senior year and learned to be a good A10 PG.

I think saying Cothran was Stan with better offense was true when Keith was a senior, but not on that team, he was a sophomore and was not nearly as impactful as Stan is on this year's team. Same for Ulmer and Delroy, they were still all raw with lots of development in front of them. So while that team had some depth, they didn't have experienced depth like we have now. They had 1 senior, we have 5, and they all play meaningful minutes.
Walking out of the Carrier Dome after beating Syracuse was a helluva time. Jimmy was en fuego that night.
1 x
NJRhodyFan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by NJRhodyFan »

And I'll never forget that shooting clinic that Jimmy put on at Duke the following year. I think he went 8-10 from the arc and most of his shots were well behind the three-point line. That packed house at Cameron Indoor was stunned by his performance. Such an amazing shooter. Perfect form. He sure was fun to watch.
0 x
TulaneGradRamFan
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by TulaneGradRamFan »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
NJRhodyFan wrote:Bitee shot almost 52% from the arc his senior year, and he also became a much better distributor. Ulmer is one of my all-time favorite Rhody players. He had 2-3 highlight reel dunks every game and was probably our best rebounder his senior year. As noted above, it's amazing that Baron couldn't get that team into the tournament with all the talent we had.
yup, I'd kill to see what Harrick or Hurley could've done with that squad.

we (correctly) are in love with the depth of this year's team, but that 07-08 team is pretty easily the deepest team we've had this century.

- Daniels was one of the most versatile scorer we've had
- Jimmy is the best shooter we'll ever see (and if someone comes along to prove me wrong there, amazing)
- Seawright was a damn good post player
- Bitee was perfect for them, a rock steady and skilled PG
- Delroy was Delroy...may be the most fun guy to watch play in the Baron years
- Cothran was Stan with more offense
- Ulmer is crazy athletic and one of the better 'do a bit of everything' guys in the mold of ARD. 1000+ pts, 700+ reb, 100+ ast, 100+ stls, 100+ blks
- Marquis off the bench as the freshman

there are 6 1,000 pt scorers on that team!
I remember that team. I loved watching them - especially when Will Daniels would be able to make seemingly impossible baskets (when we really needed them) plowing through a sea of opponents, and somehow rise up through all the bodies and hands and manage to get the ball in the basket and get fouled as well! Then he'd make all his free throws!!! : ) Remember that? He made doing that into an art and I thought it was his signature.
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Parfait may not have been a great player, but he is a great person. Love talking to him whenever he makes it back to RI.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I dont get the narrative about us missing free throws...in the last broadcast they said this year's Rams have the highest FT percentage since 97-98!
We had a bad game against Lasalle...the first one all year when FT shooting let us down. It happens.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I am impressed by the deep knowledge posters here have of this team's talents. I just wish they had a legitimate NCAA Division 1 coach who could have taken full advantage of that talent. HUGE wasted opportunity. I'm just thrilled beyond words that Coach Hurley is at the helm.
1 x
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

Graduated the season before I came to URI. Those were some good times but hard as a fan... Parfait's junior year and the three following were all years we, in my opinion, could have been in the tournament. 07-08, 08-09, and 09-10 in particular stand out as seasons we should have made the tournament at least once.

09-10 we should have beat UNC in the NIT, questionable officiating down the stretch basically gave them the game... never forget that one. Delroy shut down Nevada's eventual first-round NBA draft pick Luke Babbitt and we knocked off #1 Virginia en-route to a 3-game postseason streak ending with a loss to UNC in the semis by 1. Tough one to swallow, especially knowing we could/should have been ripping that streak off in the NCAAs.
0 x
the_one_mike
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by the_one_mike »

bigappleram wrote:I dont get the narrative about us missing free throws...in the last broadcast they said this year's Rams have the highest FT percentage since 97-98!
We had a bad game against Lasalle...the first one all year when FT shooting let us down. It happens.
I still freak out when we miss a single free throw because of these years. I'll call it FTPTSD.

The amount of games we would have been on the other side of with just a few extra makes...
0 x