The Gresh Show

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

The Gresh Show

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

A great outlet for talking local college sports, especially URI basketball (Gresh is a former Ram himself, football player as well). Only radio station on the radio that I know of that talks college hoops.

http://www.630wpro.com/wpro-sports/
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: The Gresh Show

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

He wouldn't acknowledge his alma mater for years. Has that finally changed?
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:He wouldn't acknowledge his alma mater for years. Has that finally changed?
It has. He's really into the rams this season.
0 x
GO RAMS
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

0 x
GO RAMS
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

The good news is they talk about college/URI hoops. The bad news is Gresh is the host.
7 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhodyram wrote:The good news is they talk about college/URI hoops. The bad news is Gresh is the host.
A voice like a steel rake being dragged on the sidewalk at 300 decibels.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
Rhodyram wrote:The good news is they talk about college/URI hoops. The bad news is Gresh is the host.
A voice like a steel rake being dragged on the sidewalk at 300 decibels.
Both of these
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I kind of feel bad for the big lug. He got bounced from the glamour gigs in Boston for others who are either loathsome or lightweights. There are a lot worse than him.

Hell, I miss Greg Dickerson too ... I wonder who he pissed off to disappear
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

PeteRI wrote:I kind of feel bad for the big lug. He got bounced from the glamour gigs in Boston for others who are either loathsome or lightweights. There are a lot worse than him.

Hell, I miss Greg Dickerson too ... I wonder who he pissed off to disappear
Didn't that have something to do with the Celtics when they replaced him as the sideline reporter?
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Billyboy78 wrote: Didn't that have something to do with the Celtics when they replaced him as the sideline reporter?
Clearly he did something to piss them off. But I thought he was funny and entertaining. He also worked well with -- and playing off -- Felger. And for a guy with epilepsy, Tourette's and OCD, he did pretty damn good:

http://www.telegram.com/article/2012021 ... /102169960

Hope he can get a decent gig again.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Oh wow had no idea what had become of Dickerson , sorry to hear about those conditions he has
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Is this that? I hate local sports talk radio let alone something from a different market. But, if you’re interested-

0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Gresh is a blowhard fool, who disavowed URI and now is interested because we are good and he is irrelevant.
He knows absolutely nothing about basketball, and maybe a little more about football. An egregious bandwagon rider if there ever was one.
5 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......I grew up with FAN as my sports talk while in NY......tired Gresh.......couldn’t do it......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RAMFAN
Steve Chubin

Unread post by RAMFAN »

So we want to take money from the basketball budget (coaches salaries, recruiting budget, training facilities, charter flights) to put up billboards at the airport to increase branding but we sh*t on a show that talks a lot about URI basketball 5 days a week on a big local radio station and doesn't cost URI a penny?

Makes sense
4 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Gresh is who he is...I think it's probably a net positive for URI hoops fans that he is on WPRO now in the early evenings. There are probably a decent amount of casual/loyal WPRO listeners who now are listening to local sports talk radio in that time slot now that he's on.

Fits into the narrative of "converting apathetic or casual fans..."
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

I’m with RAMFAN, I like his show and he’s a great source for Rhody publicity. As they say in the old country “Sta Ta Zeeeee”
0 x
GO RAMS
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

RAMFAN wrote:So we want to take money from the basketball budget (coaches salaries, recruiting budget, training facilities, charter flights) to put up billboards at the airport to increase branding but we sh*t on a show that talks a lot about URI basketball 5 days a week on a big local radio station and doesn't cost URI a penny?

Makes sense
No one shit on the show, and all publicity is good.
Loved 790 the score when I was growing up a Ram fan in RI. Despite that he is still a bozo.
2 x
R.Kelly150
Kenny Green

Unread post by R.Kelly150 »

Free marketing. Sign me up! Although I’m interested in if he talks about other local college sports (baseball football or hockey) or does he go full professional sports talk after the men’s BB season finishes up.
0 x