Waking Up As A10 Champs

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Waking Up As A10 Champs

Unread post by Blue Man »

For the first time EVER, as in never been done before...the University of Rhode Island Rams are going to be at least regular season co-champions, able to clinch an outright title on Friday at home.

This is no small task, obviously, and lost in the stress of a close game last night was us checking a major box in the first of our lofty season goals.

For those expressing frustration in a win last night (talk about an embarrassment of riches), I hope you’re able to wake up and gain perspective again on what this season has been, is, and is still going to be.

How monumental this is cannot be understated, and a HUGE thank you goes out to Dan and EC for having and believing in the vision that we could be the class of this league, and an impactful player on the national stage come March.

I love being a Ram.
24 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Waking Up As A10 Champs

Unread post by reef »

Yes winning that regular season crown sure will feel great and we have never done that too !!!
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Blue Man wrote:For the first time EVER, as in never been done before...the University of Rhode Island Rams are going to be at least regular season co-champions, able to clinch an outright title on Friday at home.

This is no small task, obviously, and lost in the stress of a close game last night was us checking a major box in the first of our lofty season goals.

For those expressing frustration in a win last night (talk about an embarrassment of riches), I hope you’re able to wake up and gain perspective again on what this season has been, is, and is still going to be.

How monumental this is cannot be understated, and a HUGE thank you goes out to Dan and EC for having and believing in the vision that we could be the class of this league, and an impactful player on the national stage come March.

I love being a Ram.
Sorry, to pick nits Blue Man, especially because nitpicking might to some throw off your larger point, but URI was co-champs with Duquesne back in 1981 when the A10 was named the Eastern 8. So for the second time ever we are co-champs. But (I think) you're larger point is for the first time in a very long time we have the ability to clinch the season title! And we have several chances to do it! It's a good time to be a Ram fan.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

What I love about this team is that with all the veteran leadership we have (EC, JT, Stan, Jarvis, Berry) we have, at times, an equal balance of youth.

Some may disagree, but I think you can make an argument that Dowtin and Cyril are two of the more indispensable players on our team for a "deep run". If those two are playing well we're really hard to beat. No one on the team possesses the same skillset + athleticism that Cyril brings to the table or the decision making and steadying influence brought by Dowtin.

We go into next year as the reigning A10 champs, tremendous leadership from our floor general, Fatts, and our star big man, and inject more talent into our program than anyone else in the A10 (and it's not even close). Compare that against St. Bonnies that is having a magical run themselves but loses Mobley + Adams and has 0 signed recruits for 2018. If the cupboard was bare all signs would point to Hurley leaving. There's no reason we can't "shock the world" next year and find our way into the NCAA tournament setting up another special run in 2020.

It's not just waking up as A10 Champs because we have special seniors. It's waking up as A10 champs with an equally bright future if we can retain the man responsible for all of this.
11 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I'm starting to feel the March Madness in my bones......its exhilarating.
6 x
GO RAMS
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

How is a regular season championship recognized by the way?
0 x
GO RAMS
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

With a parade down the Elephant Walk......just kidding.....
6 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

ramster wrote:
Clean it up Bill, we tied for 2nd in 2014-15...1 game out of 1st.

And this is the 1st of at least 3 banners to hang from this year
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

rambone 78 wrote:With a parade down the Elephant Walk......just kidding.....
On dining room trays.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Selection Sunday is approximately 18 days away.
1 x
GO RAMS
Keatgsr07
Kenny Green

Unread post by Keatgsr07 »

Has anyone seen any details about lodging and tickets regarding the A10 Tournament in DC? Looking to start planning my trip and would like to stay at the de facto Rhody Hotel and buy seats in the Rhody section(s).
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

Emailed uri this am about uri section. Said they should no better after march 1.. They are only selling tix to all sessions.. My wife and I are heading down Thurs and won't go to any games til Friday.. Can't buy tix from uri that way
0 x
Keatgsr07
Kenny Green

ram1980 wrote:Emailed uri this am about uri section. Said they should no better after march 1.. They are only selling tix to all sessions.. My wife and I are heading down Thurs and won't go to any games til Friday.. Can't buy tix from uri that way
Thanks for the info. How ridiculous, I'm with you, I'm only traveling down for the weekend. So I guess we wait...
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

For what it's worth the A10 is advertising single session tickets.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Keatgsr07
Kenny Green

Yeah, which I'm sure I'll end up buying (rather than the entire week pack), but I'd prefer to sit with the rest of the Rams fans.

Np, I'll just wait to keep an eye on where it looks like the majority of Rams fans are buying tix and then pick mine up.
0 x
mrhodesnyy
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by mrhodesnyy »

Keatgsr07 wrote:
ram1980 wrote:Emailed uri this am about uri section. Said they should no better after march 1.. They are only selling tix to all sessions.. My wife and I are heading down Thurs and won't go to any games til Friday.. Can't buy tix from uri that way
Thanks for the info. How ridiculous, I'm with you, I'm only traveling down for the weekend. So I guess we wait...
A thread on the tournament already exists but I'll say this, tickets should readily available through the box office in DC or through fans of losing teams & scalpers. Last year in Pittsburgh a group of 4 of us got in the door for every session for less than $30 each session.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I am posting this as much for the “we don’t share a championship with anybody” quote as I am the balloon jousting match in the back ground.

3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

can we also talk about Terrell and Stan fighting with balloons behind Hurley??
1 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That's classic Stan and Jared !! Nice to see the guys loose
1 x