Week #16 - Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Week #16 - Games of Interest

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

RhodyRam86 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

Come on Rhowdy...I think you’ve seen enough of my posts to know where I’m coming from and to know we’re on the same page regarding this topic. Since you don’t know me personally I’ll give you a pass on not getting the sarcasm.
My fault, I didn't know you were being sarcastic. I'm going to leave these two posts up for those that actually do think what you said, but edit them appropriately.

I’ve come to see this argument is futile. When I see a post that says I’ll take a 5 or 6 seed over a 4 if it means PC is out of the tourney...well how do you argue against that stupidity/ignorance? These folks obviously don’t watch the tournament to see how 5s and 6s drop like flies in the first round...or more likely they just don’t care because...well the silver lining is that PC didn’t make it at all.
we were a 5 seed in bracketmatrix before the PC/SH game, and we are a still a 5 seed after it.

also, stop being afraid of your own shadow.

Most of those 5/6 upsets are from overseeded P5 teams losing to underseeded mid majors. Its a result of the committee's ignorance and not some mythical curse on the 5 and 6 seeds.

We dont fall into that category. A 5 or 6 isn't an overseed for us. Additionally, there isnt a team out there lined up for a 12 or 11 seed that scares me.
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

RhodyRam86 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

Come on Rhowdy...I think you’ve seen enough of my posts to know where I’m coming from and to know we’re on the same page regarding this topic. Since you don’t know me personally I’ll give you a pass on not getting the sarcasm.
My fault, I didn't know you were being sarcastic. I'm going to leave these two posts up for those that actually do think what you said, but edit them appropriately.

I’ve come to see this argument is futile. When I see a post that says I’ll take a 5 or 6 seed over a 4 if it means PC is out of the tourney...well how do you argue against that stupidity/ignorance? These folks obviously don’t watch the tournament to see how 5s and 6s drop like flies in the first round...or more likely they just don’t care because...well the silver lining is that PC didn’t make it at all.
Maybe you're continuing your run here of undetectable and poorly executed sarcasm, but if this is serious it is offensively stupid.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Yep here’s some schooling for y’all.

If we have to rely on the freakin friazz to pave the way for us we don’t deserve to win.

I guarantee nobody on our team or staff is rooting for their in state rival to win anything. PC success is no good for URI hoops in any way. Got nothing to do with Dave Gavitt, Frank Keaney, Sly Williams or Eric Leslie either - it’s about now. We are right there / this is our time!

The deeper they get buried the better for us.

PC hoops feels exactly the same about us.

As they should.

Our time!

Disappear Friartown

Go Rhody.
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Are you f****ing kidding me? I'm one if the biggest URI fans there are, and have been for 45 years. I want URI to win a national championship every year and I want PC to go 0-31 every year. That's how it is. I don't root for our hated rival to win any game in any sport. If we're a 5 seed and lose to a 12 seed, we don't deserve to advance. If we're a 6 seed and lose to an 11 seed, we don't deserve to advance. You've got a lot of f****ing nerve telling me I'm not a URI fan.

First off, don’t tell me you are “one of the biggest URI fans there are” and then tell me you are rooting against something that goes to the detriment of URI. those two things just don’t wash.

Secondly, where did I say you weren’t a URI fan?
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:

Maybe you're continuing your run here of undetectable and poorly executed sarcasm, but if this is serious it is offensively stupid.

No sarcasm here. Leaving PC out of the equation, what is generally better...a four seed or a five seed?
Last edited by RhodyRam86 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

RhodyRam86 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Are you f****ing kidding me? I'm one if the biggest URI fans there are, and have been for 45 years. I want URI to win a national championship every year and I want PC to go 0-31 every year. That's how it is. I don't root for our hated rival to win any game in any sport. If we're a 5 seed and lose to a 12 seed, we don't deserve to advance. If we're a 6 seed and lose to an 11 seed, we don't deserve to advance. You've got a lot of f****ing nerve telling me I'm not a URI fan.

First off, don’t tell me you are “one of the biggest URI fans there are” and then tell me you are rooting against something that goes to the detriment of URI. those two things just don’t wash.

Secondly, where did I say you weren’t a URI fan?
Yep, it's strange the logic-defying emotional baggage here... We root for all the teams we beat to win all their other games...to improve Rhody's position...except for one? That's whacketry in motion.... Thinking folks on the outside (rightly) laugh at this.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

So many extreme positions here, welcome to discourse in 2018. If you think there aren't Duke fans that would never in a million years pull for a UNC win even if it meant 1 seed line improvement you are wrong. Same for Cincy and Xavier fans, same for Michigan and Ohio State fans and so on and so on. This isn't unique to URI and PC fans. Not sure why it's so hard to grasp for some.
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

^Agree. However, the popularity of something whacked...makes it no less whacked...
2 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhodyRam86 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

No sarcasm here. Leaving PC out of the equation, what is better...a four seed or a five seed?
There is no perceptible difference. The color jerseys you will wear in the second round? Not losing sleep over it.

As much as we hate PC, nobody here would trade URI's success for PC's failure. But where a major PC failure would have a tiny negative impact on URI? Yeah, I think a lot of us would take one for the team there. There is a bigger picture to think about.

If you (1) understand college basketball and (2) understand this market, there is no way in hell you would trade a 5 seed for a 4 seed in exchange for PC getting into the tournament. There is no material benefit to being a 4 seed over a 5 seed, but there is a hell of a lot of benefit to being the only show in town for the sport's most visible event.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you also have to understand that this is not even a situation where if PC beat Seton Hall we would be guaranteed a 4 seed, and if they lost we'd be guaranteed a 5 seed. What was at stake was the mere possibility that we could get incremental help in one criteria that the committee uses to seed teams. That is it. And in this case, it would come with the added cost of damaging our resume by undermining our best win of the year.

Your previous "sarcastic" post was revealing of your not really understanding the argument that other people are making on the topic. I understand using hyperbole to make a point, but when you use it to bulldoze the nuance of an argument or mischaracterize the views of the people you're intending to criticize, it doesn't really hit the mark.
4 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

You know what would be funny?

If all our troll Friar lovers would go post on the PC scout forum how much they are rooting for the Friars to do great so as to help poor lil Rhody.

Yep that'd be some sweet reading.

:)
2 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

This is the worst games of interest thread of all time
5 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:

No sarcasm here. Leaving PC out of the equation, what is better...a four seed or a five seed?
There is no perceptible difference. The color jerseys you will wear in the second round? Not losing sleep over it.

As much as we hate PC, nobody here would trade URI's success for PC's failure. But where a major PC failure would have a tiny negative impact on URI? Yeah, I think a lot of us would take one for the team there. There is a bigger picture to think about.

If you (1) understand college basketball and (2) understand this market, there is no way in hell you would trade a 5 seed for a 4 seed in exchange for PC getting into the tournament. There is no material benefit to being a 4 seed over a 5 seed, but there is a hell of a lot of benefit to being the only show in town for the sport's most visible event.

As I mentioned in my previous post, you also have to understand that this is not even a situation where if PC beat Seton Hall we would be guaranteed a 4 seed, and if they lost we'd be guaranteed a 5 seed. What was at stake was the mere possibility that we could get incremental help in one criteria that the committee uses to seed teams. That is it. And in this case, it would come with the added cost of damaging our resume by undermining our best win of the year.

Your previous "sarcastic" post was revealing of your not really understanding the argument that other people are making on the topic. I understand using hyperbole to make a point, but when you use it to bulldoze the nuance of an argument or mischaracterize the views of the people you're intending to criticize, it doesn't really hit the mark.

I respect your post here TP. You make some rational points. I also stand by my statement earlier that the argument is futile (from both sides). I'm not a PC hater and am only concerned about URI. I also think there is more than an "incremental" difference between a 4 and 5 side. 5 Seeds lose much more often in the first round than 4s. Ask the fan of any 5 seed that was taken out in the first round of the tournament...I bet they all thought it would be a cakewalk. Also, 5s and 6s could catch the team that had a play in game. If I had a choice I would MUCH prefer being a 4 and playing a 13 than being a 5 or 6 playing an 11 or 12 that has already gotten their feet wet in the tournament....yes...even if that meant PC was in.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rhodysurf wrote:This is the worst games of interest thread of all time
I’d vote it worst.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I might argue that anyone who wants PC to win and make the NCAA tournament has no clue as to the history of the rivalry of the two schools and what it would mean to our program if we become the king of the state instead of having the appearance of being irrelevant, which is what we've been for as long as I can remember in the eyes of the majority of the people who live here.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhodyRam86 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

I respect your post here TP. You make some rational points. I also stand by my statement earlier that the argument is futile (from both sides). I'm not a PC hater and am only concerned about URI. I also think there is more than an "incremental" difference between a 4 and 5 side. 5 Seeds lose much more often in the first round than 4s. Ask the fan of any 5 seed that was taken out in the first round of the tournament...I bet they all thought it would be a cakewalk. Also, 5s and 6s could catch the team that had a play in game. If I had a choice I would MUCH prefer being a 4 and playing a 13 than being a 5 or 6 playing an 11 or 12 that has already gotten their feet wet in the tournament....yes...even if that meant PC was in.
At the risk of further tormenting rhodysurf, I invite you to find the data showing a significant difference in outcomes for 4 seeds versus 5 seeds. Obviously, on the whole, 4 seeds will be slightly better than 5 seeds and they will be playing slightly worse teams in the first round, so you might expect to find a small difference. But in our case, we are what we are - we are not going to be slightly better or slightly worse depending on whether the committee sees us as a 4 or a 5. No matter if we play a 12 or a 13, if we play well we will win and if we play poorly the other team will be good enough to beat us.
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Over the last 5 years:
5 seeds: 11-9
4 seeds: 18-2

Over the last 15 years:
5 seeds: 36-24
4 seeds: 49-11

Edit: This is only for the first round.
4 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:
TruePoint wrote:

At the risk of further tormenting rhodysurf, I invite you to find the data showing a significant difference in outcomes for 4 seeds versus 5 seeds. Obviously, on the whole, 4 seeds will be slightly better than 5 seeds and they will be playing slightly worse teams in the first round, so you might expect to find a small difference. But in our case, we are what we are - we are not going to be slightly better or slightly worse depending on whether the committee sees us as a 4 or a 5. No matter if we play a 12 or a 13, if we play well we will win and if we play poorly the other team will be good enough to beat us.

I think this is significant enough:

#1 Seed vs #16 Seed - 132-0 - 100% Winning Percentage #1 Seed

#2 Seed vs #15 Seed - 124-8 - 93.94% Winning Percentage #2 Seed

#3 Seed vs #14 Seed - 111-21 - 84.09% Winning Percentage #3 Seed

#4 Seed vs #13 Seed - 106-26 - 80.30% Winning Percentage #4 Seed

#5 Seed vs #12 Seed - 85-47 - 64.39% Winning Percentage #5 Seed

#6 Seed vs #11 Seed - 83-49 - 62.88% Winning Percentage #6 Seed

#7 Seed vs #10 Seed - 81-51 - 61.37% Winning Percentage #7 Seed

#8 Seed vs #9 Seed - 68-64 - 51.52% Winning Percentage #8 Seed
5 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

josephski wrote:Over the last 5 years:
5 seeds: 11-9
4 seeds: 18-2

Over the last 15 years:
5 seeds: 36-24
4 seeds: 49-11

Edit: This is only for the first round.
nice research josephski...pretty compelling to me though I don't think it will change anyone's position on the topic.
1 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Anyone catch the highlights of the Drexel vs Delaware game last night? Drexel came back from 34 points down to win. Check the ESPN highlights on the app.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

We needed to beat St Bona to get a 4 IMO.

The diff between SH or PC winning was going to make zero diff. Further, we are better than Providence this season and should beat them at home. Beating SH was a much better win.

I’m ready to go back to talking about our Rams.

Seriously you PC lovers need to join the PC scout forum.
Some fun negativity over there at the moment.

I’ll take my 5 seed chances....we haven’t earned a 4 yet.

Go Rhody.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

hrstrat57 wrote:We needed to beat St Bona to get a 4 IMO.

The diff between SH or PC winning was going to make zero diff. Further, we are better than Providence this season and should beat them at home. Beating SH was a much better win.

Go Rhody.

we win out including a win over SBU in the a10, we likely get a 4. the more good wins we have on our resume, the more that likelihood becomes reality. a pc win over sh would have increased the likelihood of them being a Q1 win for us. that is resume enhancing. they still have a chance to become Q1, but the road will be extremely difficult because of that loss.
Last edited by RhodyRam86 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I have to say, that breakdown of first round records by seed is pretty surprising and pretty convincing with respect to a 4 seed versus a 5 seed. I mentioned finding the data because I believed that you wouldn't see a difference between 4 and 5 greater than the standard deviation between seed lines. I'm guessing what accounts for the difference is that 12s are usually the last at-large teams and 13s are the beginning of the autobids from one bid leagues (i.e., teams that wouldn't be in the tournament but for their autobid).

Still, though, not sure it changes my mind about the Seton Hall game because it doesn't change the rest of my argument: that PC winning the game only marginally improves our chances at a better seed, that Seton Hall's loss negates some of whatever benefit we get from PC's win, and in the big picture we are better off if PC fails to make the tournament.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

TruePoint wrote:I have to say, that breakdown of first round records by seed is pretty surprising and pretty convincing with respect to a 4 seed versus a 5 seed. I mentioned finding the data because I believed that you wouldn't see a difference between 4 and 5 greater than the standard deviation between seed lines. I'm guessing what accounts for the difference is that 12s are usually the last at-large teams and 13s are the beginning of the autobids from one bid leagues (i.e., teams that wouldn't be in the tournament but for their autobid).
Still, though, not sure it changes my mind about the Seton Hall game because it doesn't change the rest of my argument: that PC winning the game only marginally improves our chances at a better seed, that Seton Hall's loss negates some of whatever benefit we get from PC's win, and in the big picture we are better off if PC fails to make the tournament.

I would assume that is exactly the reason.
2 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

RhodyRam86 wrote:
hrstrat57 wrote:We needed to beat St Bona to get a 4 IMO.

Go Rhody.

we win out including a win over SBU in the a10, we likely get a 4. the more good wins we have on our resume, the more that likelihood becomes reality. a pc win over sh would have increased the likelihood of them being a Q1 win for us. that is resume enhancing. they still have a chance to become Q1, but the road will be extremely difficult because of that loss.
PC is not worthy of Q1 status. Glad we beat them in December but they just haven’t come together. Providence has a bunch of nice players for sure but there is just no flow to what they do offensively or defensively.

We have to win out to get a 4 including crushing St Bona in the final. Earn it, as it should be. Dreams of a 1st round spot in Boston are great but we got a lot of work to do.

I don’t want to share any NCAA spotlight in this market with PC. Who would you guess Frank Carpano would cover a Rhody 4 seed or a PC 13 seed? Doesn’t matter all this Friartown talk. They ain’t going dancin....

In honor of our lost friend I vote it’s time for “crickets” on any further Friar talk. Again, slide on over to PC 247 scout. They could use all this misguided Friartown lovin over there.

Let’s start by laying some hurt on the Flyers tonight.

Go Rhody
0 x
DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Unread post by DelroyIsMyHero »

This is a bit ridiculous. Let's move on.
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

So how bout those Friday night games coming up
2 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

This is just a dumb argument. Those of us that would like PC to lose all their games, will have zero impact on what the actual outcome will be. So nothing changes, and we can still get our pleasure watching them miss the tourney. A rooting interest on either side means nothing.
See you tonight!
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Only one game on Friday night in the A-10 and that is Dayton at #18 Rhode Island. 7 PM. On ESPN2.

In games involving URI OOC opponents.

Brown at Columbia . 7 PM.

Manhattan at Iona. 9 PM. On ESPNU.

In Top 25 action:

#16 Ohio State at Indiana. 8 PM. On FS1.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Good lord. I've been skimming through this thread, and it made it very clear to me, that my self imposed decision to not give 2 craps what PC does other than when they play us, has been a wise one. I barely pay attention to PC other than in December. It's such a breath of fresh air!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

The thing is Isnt PC pretty much locked in to a Q2 win for us ?? So in theory at this point in time it doesn't matter how they do ??
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

If they win out the regular season their RPI will be around 28 going into the Big East tournament. Still a chance at a quadrant 1 win, but losing to Seton Hall really hurt.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So, it's fine for folks to say they want PC to crash and burn, even if to the detriment of Rhody...but what if folks rooted for URI overall strength of schedule to crash (root against all their other opponents)...so we'd get a 6 seed in Pittsburgh, instead of a 4 or 5 and have to travel 'all the way out to Boise or San Diego'...is that ok? :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

how about this plausible scenario...

St. Bonnies wins out in the regular season (including a win at home to Davidson), but loses to Davidson in the A10 semis. For sake of argument, let's assume SBU is in. I'm thinking their RPI would still be top 30. Now it's URI vs Davidson in the finals. Having won out to that point, a URI win in the A10 finals gets us a 4 seed, but opens the door for a PC at large...where a Davidson win gives URI a 5 or 6 seed, but steals a bid and leaves PC out.

In this scenario, who are you rooting for in the A10 finals?

before you answer...as previously noted...in the last 5 years 5 seeds are 11-9 in the first round. 4 seeds are 18-2/
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

I can’t bother to make myself care at all. Just win and win and win and who cares about anyone else?
4 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Time to lock this thread mods
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

hrstrat57 wrote:Time to lock this thread mods
Week #17 starts soon.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyRam86 wrote:how about this plausible scenario...

St. Bonnies wins out in the regular season (including a win at home to Davidson), but loses to Davidson in the A10 semis. For sake of argument, let's assume SBU is in. I'm thinking their RPI would still be top 30. Now it's URI vs Davidson in the finals. Having won out to that point, a URI win in the A10 finals gets us a 4 seed, but opens the door for a PC at large...where a Davidson win gives URI a 5 or 6 seed, but steals a bid and leaves PC out.

before you answer...as previously noted...in the last 5 years 5 seeds are 11-9 in the first round. 4 seeds are 18-2/
my god man, seriously,

1 hour after URI Clinching their first Atlantic 10 Championship here you are still on this PC thing

Go out and celebrate the URI Rams Championship!!!!
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote:Only one game on Friday night in the A-10 and that is Dayton at #18 Rhode Island. 7 PM. On ESPN2.

Brown at Columbia . 7 PM.

Manhattan at Iona. 9 PM. On ESPNU.

In Top 25 action:

#16 Ohio State at Indiana. 8 PM. On FS1.
Iona won, Brown lost and OSU beat Indiana in double OT.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

RhodyRam86 wrote:how about this plausible scenario...

I couldn't possibly care about anything less right now!
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

In that scenario I am always pulling for a URI win in the A10 finals even if it got PC an at large
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Saturday action in the A-10:

Davidson at Duquesne. 12 Noon.

La Salle at Fordham. 4 PM.

UMass at George Mason. 6 PM.

St. Joseph's at Richmond. 6 PM.

George Washington at Saint Louis. 8 PM.

St. Bonaventure at VCU. 8 PM. On CBSSN.

PC at Georgetown. 12 Noon. On CBSSN.

Seton Hall at St. John's. 12 Noon. On FOX.

Charleston at William & Mary. 2 PM.

Holy Cross at Colgate. 2 PM.

#1 Virginia at Pittsburgh. 4 PM. On ESPNU.

UNC Asheville at Gardner-Webb. 4:30 PM. On ESPN3.

Arkansas at Alabama . 6 PM. On SECN.

Brown at Cornell. 6 PM. On ESPN3.

In Top 25 action:

#17 Michigan at Maryland. 12 Noon. On ESPN.

#19 Tennessee at Ole Miss. 1 PM. On SECN.

#13 Wichita State at SMU. 2 PM. On ESPN.

#3 Villanova at Creighton. 2:30 PM. On FOX.

Georgia Tech at #15 Clemson. 3 PM. On ACCNE.

#8 Kansas at #6 Texas Tech . 4:15 PM. On ESPN.

Iowa State at #21 West Virginia. 6 PM. On ESPNU.

Santa Clara at #22 St. Mary's. 6 PM.

Syracuse at #5 Duke. 6:15 PM. On ESPN.

UAB at #24 Middle Tennessee. 7 PM.

#12 Auburn at Florida. 8:30 PM. On SECN.

#15 Arizona at Oregon. 10:15 PM. On ESPN.
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I am pulling for the friars today big time......when will they help us?

For the record.......I was only pulling for Seton Hall out of long-term selfishness for Rhody.......I believe because Dan and Andrea are SH alums and their son is now a student there that SH would be a school he would like to coach....there is a recognized affinity for the Hurley family and SH....if his son chose to go to Rhode Island I wouldn't be as concerned.....

....I am pulling for the friars to run the table now through the big east tournament.....unless they play SHU
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ramulous wrote:I am pulling for the friars today big time......when will they help us?

For the record.......I was only pulling for Seton Hall out of long-term selfishness for Rhody.......I believe because Dan and Andrea are SH alums and their son is now a student there that SH would be a school he would like to coach....there is a recognized affinity for the Hurley family and SH....if his son chose to go to Rhode Island I wouldn't be as concerned.....

....I am pulling for the friars to run the table now through the big east tournament.....unless they play SHU
How involved is Willard in this scandal?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

No one yet knows the extent of this scandal.....

...I am comfortable that we are not involved......but after years of practicing law I know not to be too comfortable in any belief.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

If four little kids were playing four-square at recess and one of them was wearing one of those hideous, disgusting t-shirts or hats I'd heckle the crap out of him.

Yes, when it comes to the former mental hospital I am that petty and vindictive.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Friars are close to securing the win at Georgetown.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

good start today for Rhody. PC, SH both win tight ones on the road. I also think the Davidson win at Duquesne is a positive. As this plays out I think we need the Bonnies to win the out until they lose to us in the finals...and Davidson to win every game except for us and the two they will likely play vs. SBU (one regular season and one tourney).
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:If four little kids were playing four-square at recess and one of them was wearing one of those hideous, disgusting t-shirts or hats I'd heckle the crap out of him.

Yes, when it comes to the former mental hospital I am that petty and vindictive.

While I don't agree with your stance on this topic...That's actually pretty funny. :)
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

RR86.....come work and live in the Providence area for a few years (or decades) and you may understand why a few of us ignorant and stupid non-Ramfans think like we do.....
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Ramulous wrote:RR86.....come work and live in the Providence area for a few years (or decades) and you may understand why a few of us ignorant and stupid non-Ramfans think like we do.....
Or better still, take a walk up Eaton Street on a Sunday morning.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.