How Dan Hurley Finally Chilled Out - by Matt Norlander, CBS Sports

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
DanInAZ
Jimmy Baron

Re: How Dan Hurley Finally Chilled Out - by Matt Norlander, CBS Sports

Unread post by DanInAZ »

I think Bobby should have meditated before last night's game vs UofA. I think he is feeling the pressure of not beating the Wildcats. Sound familiar?
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

steviep123 wrote:
theblueram wrote:What's interesting is it seems the fans are not as vocal on bad refs calls these days either. When Dan really went off, I think the fans fed off that and went after the refs.
I still do...but I'm a nut.
Likewise. But with all the manufactured noise during a game, it's hard to find an opening to yell at the three blind mice.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
scine20
ARD

Unread post by scine20 »

There's been a lot of Hurley articles out there since he's come to Rhode Island. This is by far the best one. Thanks for posting.
Last edited by scine20 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Running Ram wrote:In this order

Coach K
Mark Few
Jay Wright
Tony Bennett
Bob Huggins
Bill Self
Tom Izzo
Sean Miller
Dan Hurley
Shaka
Obviously, a list of just 10 is a random cutoff and you can make arguments for other coaches. Sean Miller is outstanding. Randy Bennett at St. Mary's has done a great job. (Greg Marshall, Chris Holtmann, Mike Brey, Frank Martin, Mike White, Archie Miller, Jim Boeheim, and the list goes on-and-on.) Heck, there are some on this message board who have made an argument that Dan is the second best coach in the state of RI.

You could make the case in the A-10 that Bob McKillop is the best coach in the league and what Mark Schmidt has done at St. Bon is nothing short of remarkable. Olean, NY is not an easy place to recruit to. One could make the case that Fordham and Duquesne should be better jobs because they're closer to major metropolitan areas.

My point is that most objective college basketball observers would not have Dan Hurley in their top-10 of current college coaches...and probably not in their top-20. At least not yet...

But these lists do make for a great discussion.
1 x