Unsung Heroes of the Hurley Era

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unsung Heroes of the Hurley Era

Unread post by Running Ram »

Take this opportunity to talk about your candidates for the unsung heroes of the Hurly Era

The way Garrett has stayed all in is just a credit to everything about this program right now, it speaks to the type of person he is, the type of person/player DH focuses on, the fact that the team/family talk is real. Garrett really is as good as 90% of the guards in the league and to us the public, his ego never once caused so much as a blip, losing minutes to players with bigger spotlights. He's my favorite player on this team because he's unsung and he's still a warrior for the cause. When Garrett was signed it was as important as the E.C. and JT signings, without his steady hand and full effort the program would have had many difficulties keeping the ball rolling.

Speaking of unsung heroes, X and TJ come to mind. What do the Keaney Kinship have to say on the subject?
Last edited by Running Ram 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
URI'21
Kenny Green

Re: Unsung Heroes of the Hurly Era

Unread post by URI'21 »

David Cox and his big time recruiting
4 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Right on. All credit to Garrett, he is a rock and his loyalty to the program and Coach Hurley thru thick and thin is a testimonial to his character.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Mumford helped bridge the gap between the Baron error and these good times. I just wish he was able to get a sniff of the post season. And someone pointed out in another thread that EC and Martin (while not really fitting the mold of unsung heros) took a big chance on Hurley when they could have gone elsewhere. That was huge!
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

.......Thorr for having the vision......
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Preston Murphy? Important recruiting early on.

Stans transfer was absolutely pivotal as was Kurans.
We probably don't make the runs we have made without them. All the transfers were important really because our program was so decimated. We needed all the help we could get.
3 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

URI'21 wrote:David Cox and his big time recruiting
I second that.
1 x
cRAM4finals
Jeff Kent

Unread post by cRAM4finals »

Maybe I am wrong about this but I think back to the early years for DH and the one thing you could always count on was the 120% effort you got every night from TJ. I see that more from some of the guys this year than previous years that they have played, and in my head I think it has something to do with that gritty hard working player from 3 years ago coming back to URI’s coaching staff to inspire the current group of talented guys to work harder, take charges, dive for loose balls, and all the rest of the hard nosed qualities that will serve us well now through March. So for me he’s a hero twice.
3 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Can we please spell the coach's name right!
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Unsung Heroes of the Hurley Era

Unread post by ace »

Iggy1979 wrote:Can we please spell the coach's name right!
My hero is whoever adds the e to the title.
6 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Unsung Heroes of the Hurley Era

Unread post by ace »

And also Xavier and Gilvydas. They signed on right away to play for Dan again and lent a lot of credibility to his approach and ability, especially with everything that went down with Biruta and Rutgers. They were the only ones who could speak to actually playing for him before, and a lot of former recruits/eventual teammates listened to them.
9 x