Obstructed View Seats

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
603RunninRams
Jim Eitner

Obstructed View Seats

Unread post by 603RunninRams »

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a last second decision to head down for the game on Friday night, and all that's left is the "obstructed view" seats. Has anyone bought these tickets before? I've been to the Ryan Center for more games than I can count but have never had to deal with seats with an "obstructed view". This is my own fault for waiting so long, but it's awesome we're selling this place out now!

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
0 x
URI '08
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Obstructed View Seats

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

depends on the section.

if you're in the corners, "obstructed" means the clear plexiglass over the tunnel. no effect on watching the game.

if your in the endzones, "obstructed" means the basket itself, either the upright or your looking through the backboard. not ideal, but not terrible either. you will have small blindspots, but its more of a nuisance than anything.
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
603RunninRams
Jim Eitner

Unread post by 603RunninRams »

Thanks for the info. I'll be grabbing some seats! If they stink, we'll aim to get to the Ryan for doors opening and get some "standing room" seats along the bar at the Rhody Pubs.

Let's go!
1 x
URI '08
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

They’re certainly not as bad as sitting behind a pole at Fenway.
3 x
Slava Ukraini!
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

If they're in the 300s it just the handrails. Not a big deal.
1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I would say that, at least for Secion 208...the signage they have def qualifies as an obsruction...the two seats to the left of us are not noted as obstructed view but ,they definitely are....
0 x