2018-2019 Rotation

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
mstyles22
Kenny Green

2018-2019 Rotation

Unread post by mstyles22 »

Before I get accused for looking ahead while our Rams sit in the top-25 and 10-0 in conference play, consider this thread a product of being very excited about the direction of the program. And if it's truly too soon to speculate on this kind of stuff, simply don't respond and this thread will get buried until the appropriate time.

My wayyyy too early prediction for a 2018-2019 rotation is..

- Jeff
- CT
- Fatt or Nik
- Cyril
- Harris

I think it just depends of how Nik continues to develop and work over the summer. Being able to stretch him out to the perimeter and give him 4-5 3-point attempts per game could make sense.

Fatts is an interesting one, because we all know what he can do. And in my head, I still like the idea of him coming off the bench with the energy he brings. But considering we're losing 4 guards that might be a luxury we can't afford. Rhody is going to need a lot of offense from Fatts next year and more consistency with his jumper would be fantastic. Eventually, I think one (or more) of the other non-Harris freshmen will develop and crack the starting line-up as well.

A few more thoughts...

- Last night we saw the kind of offensive game Jeff is capable of. Making 3's, creating shots, knocking down mid-range, making free throws(!) and breaking guys down off the dribble. It's been a lot of fun watching him develop his game a gain confidence (remember how lost he looked early this season?). I think he's our most important player going into next year. A true floor general. Tremendous length and athleticism for a PG, especially in the A-10.

- It's been so long since I've seen CT in action. But I remember him being a very good defender and above average shooter. Is he someone that is going to take guys off the dribble, or is he better suited as a spot-up guy? Am I safe to assume he'll be penciled in as a starter? Someone with a better memory please help.

- If you want to feel good about Rhody on top of everything else that's going on, head over to YouTube and watch game clips of Harris. He's a beast. Hard to compare him to anyone we've had recently. From the clips I've seen he doesn't appear to be the finisher that Hass was, but he brings that same intensity on the defensive side and rebounding. He's a great FT shooter and can bury it from outside too. If had adds some muscle to that frame...look out A-10. He's the type of player you can build an offense around.

- Speaking of freshmen...remember when JT came here and one of your first thoughts was "THAT dude is a freshman?" That's Dana Tate. Very excited about this kid. He's huge. Looks the part, very athletic but great passer and ball handler. Brendan Adams too. Plays with a chip on his shoulder and even though he's listed at 6'3 there are several clips of him dunking on guys.

- This incoming class is what we've come to expect in this Hurly regime. Gamers on both ends of the floor. It's the most overused word in evaluating talent, but these kids really do have a swagger to them. I don't know much about Martin, but Harris, Tate and Adams all carry themselves with a composed confidence on the court, with just the right amount sh*t talk (see: Terrell, Jared). Now I know it's hard to get the full scope of a player from carefully selected youtube clips, but these kids look the part.

Go Rhody!
1 x
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Re: 2018-2019 Rotation

So no thoughts on this? Haha. Am I that early?

Are you guys telling me with all of the Rhody excitement, I'm the only one doubling down and nerding out on highlights of the incoming recruiting class?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I think you're a little early, but I'd be lying if I said I haven't thought a little about next seasaon. Specifically, everytime Dowtin, Fatts and/or Cyril do something great I feel a little less anxious about this year's historic senior class walking out the door.

Without getting too into this discussion (plenty of time to do that after the season), I would just say don't forget Christion Thompson, who will return next year after taking a medical redshirt this year. Christion is a good player who has just happened to be stuck behind some all-time great URI players. I think he could have an excellent year seemingly out of nowhere next season.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

If i were guessing now, I'd say the game 1 starting line up is:

Dowtin, Fatts, CT, Cyril, Harris...with Adams, Martin and Tate being the 1st 2 off the bench
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:If i were guessing now, I'd say the game 1 starting line up is:

Dowtin, Fatts, CT, Cyril, Harris...with Adams, Martin and Tate being the 1st 2 off the bench
Interesting lineup. Might be too early for this conjecture, but do we want Fatts to still be the spark plug off the bench? I can't remember if Adams was also a point guard and we've often this year have had 2 if not all 3 PGs on the floor at the same time! I'm assuming Akele and Preston will get more PT too? Akele has had spurts of playing well in limited minutes.

The question is, will Leysard and Tertsea improve and break through?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:If i were guessing now, I'd say the game 1 starting line up is:

I agree. Like I mentioned in the OP, I still love the idea of Fatts and his instant offense off the bench. But he's just too good and deserves the minutes.

And even though he'll be a senior, I don't think Nikola will see an increase in minutes. Probably just the 1st frontcourt guy off the bench depending how DH decides to use Tate.

Speaking of the freshmen, they all pretty much play a different position or bring something different to the table. Adams and Martin, much like Fatts/Dowtin can run the 1 or the 2. You could even stretch Martin to a 3. And I expect Tate to fill that Stan "swiss army knife" role.

Lots to happen between now and then. But it's a joyful feeling to think we'll be "reloading" after losing this historically great class.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Thompson in his fifth year? Kid will play. I would expect him to start. He does some things better than players we have currently playing.

If you really look at it. The rise of Dowtin and Thompson's injury is what pushed him out. Before that he was getting regular minutes and having an impact.

I consider him a refined TJ Buchanan. Don't discount the program's past in developing players who sit out. They have done it a lot and quite well.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Thompson in his fifth year? Kid will play. I would expect him to start. He does some things better than players we have currently playing.

If you really look at it. The rise of Dowtin and Thompson's injury is what pushed him out. Before that he was getting regular minutes and having an impact.

I consider him a refined TJ Buchanan. Don't discount the program's past in developing players who sit out. They have done it a lot and quite well.
I thought CT was our best perimeter defender last year.
3 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

We need Fatts to start because he is a scorer. The rest of those guys in the projected starting 5 aren't necessarily score first type of players and the points need to come from somewhere. Don't sleep on Tate either, I think this kid is going to be a stud and will get big minutes by conference play next season.
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

Too early!! What else are we going to talk about this summer?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Agree on Tate. Really all four signed recruits could potentially step into the minutes/scoring void. Will be really fascinating to see how that plays out.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Thompson in his fifth year? Kid will play. I would expect him to start. He does some things better than players we have currently playing.

Thompson will not be in his 5th year. He will be a Jr (in his 4th year). Medical redshirt this year.
Not sure what you based your information on. There is no correlation between Dowtin’s playing time and Thompson.
Thompson mostly played the 3 and some 2. I looked at his game log and his minutes were up and down throughout the year except when he was out in Dec. He also played very little during A10 tournament and NCAAs.
He wasn’t very good last year. He shot 34.5% FG and 26% 3PFG averagi 2.6 ppg. It is a joke to say he was our best outside defender last year. We had Stan and JT. He played 10 minutes/game and played in 26 of 35 games.
It’s a stretch to project him as a starter next year.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

CT also was plagued with nagging injuries. I don’t know if he’ll start but he’ll be playing significant minutes.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Thompson was a much better player as a freshman than he was last year, and I think it is probably fair to assume injuries played a part in that. It can also just be tough to make a big impact in short minutes playing for 90 seconds here and 3 minutes there. The way the roster was last year he was the odd man out and didn't have lot of extended opportunities, but I'd expect him to get a good amount of minutes next season and I'd be pretty surprised if he is not a starter. It is also to his benefit that he had this year to get right - I don't believe his injury was bad enough to cause him to miss the whole season and this was more of a strategic redshirt. He shouldn't have a long ramp up period once the prep for next season begins in earnest.
0 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

TruePoint wrote:Thompson was a much better player as a freshman than he was last year, and I think it is probably fair to assume injuries played a part in that. It can also just be tough to make a big impact in short minutes playing for 90 seconds here and 3 minutes there. The way the roster was last year he was the odd man out and didn't have lot of extended opportunities, but I'd expect him to get a good amount of minutes next season and I'd be pretty surprised if he is not a starter. It is also to his benefit that he had this year to get right - I don't believe his injury was bad enough to cause him to miss the whole season and this was more of a strategic redshirt. He shouldn't have a long ramp up period once the prep for next season begins in earnest.
this too, you see it with most 4 year players. They get spot minutes and have limited production because of it. Then as upperclassmen they get more minutes as well as become focal points of the team and their production jumps.
0 x
---
---
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......Fatts has gotta start, and get major minutes, after that yes obviously CL and Dowtin......interesting to watch the growth in the bench Mikes and Preston to see if the development in this year(s) practice translates to more playing time......also how ready the recruits coming in will be at this level......rather than the bench spark from Fatts, I prefer starting take over the game dominance he can provide.......like a Berry, maybe there will be pleasant surprise in the front court bench players......CT off the bench......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Fatts will be playing Jared type minutes next year, 35 or so a game. He will start.
2 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

I could see Layssard playing similarly on offense to Berry . He looks like he has good hands and can shoot the mid range jumper.
Don't know about Tertsea at all . we haven't seen him involved much either on offense or defense to have any idea of his abilities.
I f Harris is as advertised He will play alongside Langevine, and Akele and Layssard can sub for them. Hope Thompson can be fully
ready out of the gates to fill Robinson's role . I think we will be back to a three guard and two big lineup if Harris is that good. So
you start Fatts and Jeff along with Thompson Harris and Langevine . Maybe Tertsea will be ready to play some minutes . I would
think it all will depend on how ready Tate, Martin and Adams are . If Tate is ready for significant minutes, Tertsea may not see the floor
except in mop up time.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

If history is any guide it will ultimately be his choice, but it is very possible that Tertsea is not on the team next year.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If you listen to Iggy's interview with Tom Moore, coach said they will still take another '18 player if he's a special player. They are also looking at JC's. I would think we could attract a really good JC player this year with all the exposure we're getting. Also looking at 5th year and straight transfers. It doesn't sound like they're keeping that last scholly open for '19. Point being that the player that gets that last scholly could be a vital part of the rotation also.
2 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Good point Billy, was thinking the same thing, its very possible a big part of the 2018-19 rotation isn't even signed yet.
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......Preston’s role next year?.......I viewed his role this year way, way more than seen....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I do think CT starts

So Fatts JD CT CL and JH
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

I think CT fills Stan's role when Stan was first off the bench. I do not see him starting. I think it will be Fatts, Dowtin, Cyril, Harris, and Tate to be honest.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I tried to resist participating in this thread because there’s lots of significant basketball to be played this year but ....

I don’t see Dan starting two freshmen at the beginning of the season. I’m a CT fan but I understand the wariness that some have about him.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhody74 wrote:I tried to resist participating in this thread because there’s lots of significant basketball to be played this year but ....

I don’t see Dan starting two freshmen at the beginning of the season. I’m a CT fan but I understand the wariness that some have about him.
.......agreed......regarding the freshmen starting, if they give us the best chance of winning, Dan will start them, provided they “get” the team and individual defense concepts that seem to be the signature of Dan’s teams......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Rhody83 wrote:

Thompson will not be in his 5th year. He will be a Jr (in his 4th year). Medical redshirt this year.
Not sure what you based your information on. There is no correlation between Dowtin’s playing time and Thompson.
Thompson mostly played the 3 and some 2. I looked at his game log and his minutes were up and down throughout the year except when he was out in Dec. He also played very little during A10 tournament and NCAAs.
He wasn’t very good last year. He shot 34.5% FG and 26% 3PFG averagi 2.6 ppg. It is a joke to say he was our best outside defender last year. We had Stan and JT. He played 10 minutes/game and played in 26 of 35 games.
My information? Based on the fact Thompson played to begin the year and Dowtin was getting spot minutes in the beginning. THEN Jarvis was sick. Dowtin stepped up. Jarvis came back. Odd man out was Thompson. All the same players before and after Jarvis being out and Thompson's minutes decreased. Idk what his offensive percentages have to do with ppl recognizing that he is a very good defender.
2 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Seawrightspostgame wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:

My information? Based on the fact Thompson played to begin the year and Dowtin was getting spot minutes in the beginning. THEN Jarvis was sick. Dowtin stepped up. Jarvis came back. Odd man out was Thompson. All the same players before and after Jarvis being out and Thompson's minutes decreased. Idk what his offensive percentages have to do with ppl recognizing that he is a very good defender.
Thompson was also never healthy last year. Easy to forget that aspect.
4 x
---
---
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I think you'll see a freshman starting within the first month of the season.

I know Dan really likes having a good PG coming off the bench, and you can see that that's the difference with us this year. So it wouldn't surprise me if Fatts was first guy in/spark plug off the bench.

Dan hasn't really started a freshman out of the gate, but by December, I am expecting the lineup to be something like: Jeff, Adams, CT, Harris, Langevine OR Jeff, CT, Tate, Akele, Langevine.

A lot of that will be determined by how those freshmen adjust to the speed of college. Tate and Harris already have NCAA-ready bodies, so my money would be on them.

I think opening day you'll see Jeff, CT, Akele, and Langevine in the lineup for sure - just a matter of which frosh steps up to the plate.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

There is zero chance Fatts doesn't start. He's going to play 35 minutes per game (as I think someone said before), and if he can handle more than that he might even play more. It would make no sense to eat up 3 of the minutes he's going to spend on the bench at the very beginning and then play him 35 of the last 37 minutes.
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Terrell started from Day 1 I think? I see Harris as a day 1 starter and don't see how Fatts would possibly come off the bench.

Starting lineup:
Dowtin
Fatts
Thompson
Langevine
Harris
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:There is zero chance Fatts doesn't start. He's going to play 35 minutes per game (as I think someone said before), and if he can handle more than that he might even play more. It would make no sense to eat up 3 of the minutes he's going to spend on the bench at the very beginning and then play him 35 of the last 37 minutes.
Yeah, I said that. He's getting Jared type minutes next year.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

TruePoint wrote:There is zero chance Fatts doesn't start. He's going to play 35 minutes per game (as I think someone said before), and if he can handle more than that he might even play more. It would make no sense to eat up 3 of the minutes he's going to spend on the bench at the very beginning and then play him 35 of the last 37 minutes.
Agree with the larger point, but I don't think there's zero percent chance.

I'm thinking of TJ and how he was our everything guy, team captain, actually was offensively capable his senior year, certainly to a level that didn't make him a liability - but he was still 6th.

I think the biggest advantage we have, and why we separate in games this year - is because our "backup" point guard, comes off the bench and DESTROYS the backups on other teams.

You can make a case that Jarvis is the best "backup" PG in the country. Certainly top 5.

I'm just pointing out the value of having that second punch bringing up the ball and running the offense against another squad's 2nd unit.

You're probably right that Fatts is in there, I'm just playing devil's advocate.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I think it's Defense that will decide who starts/plays. Fatts can be a very efficient scorer and he's obviously playing quite a bit, but if he was a liability on D (he isn't), I don't think he would. Point being, can speculate how much the incoming freshmen will play, but it will depend, as mentioned earlier on how well they adapt to the speed of the college game, most particularly on D. How much the newcomers will play, is going to be based heavily on how well they can (and are willing) to D up...and not sure there's any way to tell that until seeing them play at this level?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Blueman - I totally agree with you that that is our strength this year, but I think next year we might have to have a different strength. Maybe Jaylen Adams eventually becomes the guy who comes off the bench and can give you instant offense. But they are probably going to rely on Fatts to be their #1 scorer next season, and I can't recall too many teams who started the game with their #1 scorer on the bench.

Having a deep bench is hugely important, but only when you have a deep bench because you have 8 starters and can only start 5 by rule. You can't hold your best players back and start less talented guys so that you can give an advantage to your bench (I mean you could, but I think it would be a strategic error).

Fatts is awesome at his role this year being the instant offense from the bench, but he is capable of doing even more with the opportunity and next season he will get it (I believe).
1 x
mstyles22
Kenny Green

TruePoint wrote:Blueman - I totally agree with you that that is our strength this year, but I think next year we might have to have a different strength. Maybe Jaylen Adams eventually becomes the guy who comes off the bench and can give you instant offense. But they are probably going to rely on Fatts to be their #1 scorer next season, and I can't recall too many teams who started the game with their #1 scorer on the bench.

Having a deep bench is hugely important, but only when you have a deep bench because you have 8 starters and can only start 5 by rule. You can't hold your best players back and start less talented guys so that you can give an advantage to your bench (I mean you could, but I think it would be a strategic error).

Fatts is awesome at his role this year being the instant offense from the bench, but he is capable of doing even more with the opportunity and next season he will get it (I believe).
Fatts will probably be our #1 scoring threat next season, but I can also see it being one of those years where 4 guys average low double digits (seriously, go watch Tate highlights on YouTube. He does not look like an incoming freshman. Built like a football player.)

The player that I think will assert himself more on the offensive end is Jeff. Especially if he continues to develop that set shot 3 and fadeaway.

It’ll be another fun season, but shaping up to be a grind. This conference has a ton of underclassmen talent.

(Fun fact: Auto correct for “Fatts” on my phone is “Farts”)
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Dan has said often that Fatts will lead the A10 in scoring at some point. You don’t come off the bench as a Soph and lead the A10 in scoring in your career. We are also comparing the experience of the past to next year. Rhody has never had the level of recruits like it has for next year. JT has started every game in his career except Sr Night his Fr year. EC started 25 of 32 games his Fr year and averaged 32.5 mins/game. A few of incoming Fr are at JT/EC’s level. Harris will start all year. A second Fr might not start at the beginning of year, but I think one will by the start of the A10 season. Comparing Fatts to TJ makes no sense btw.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Still lots of unsigned talent here.
http://www.jucorecruiting.com/2018top100rankings
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Saw a quote from Dan in Will's Bonnies preview that is relevant to the discussion here:
On Fatts Russell's solid recent play: He had those amazing performances - the Providence game, had his moments against Seton Hall, the second half against Alabama. He flashed it the whole non-conference. He went through a little bit of time when E.C. was coming back when his role changed and he struggled a little bit to find himself. But he’s a dangerous guy for an opponent to deal with - the havoc he can cause at both ends, the runs he can go on, the things he creates with his speed. It’s amazing to watch for 20 minutes. I can’t wait till next year to get to watch it for 35.
http://www.independentri.com/rhody_over ... 4eea3.html
2 x
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

My prediction is that Tate starts at the 3 over CT. Maybe not immediately, but I think he'll earn a spot. Obviously tough to predict how well freshmen will do but he seems like a great fit for our lineup at the 3 and would give us a formidable rebounding lineup.

If this should happen, it'll be interesting to watch our team evolve from being guard heavy (starting 4 guards 6-5 or shorter) and into a big lineup. (Harris 6'10, CL 6'9, Tate 6'7) Even Jeff has great size for one of our PGs at 6-3. Can't wait.
0 x
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

Unread post by wgracie99 »

Depending on if we get a 5th year/immediate transfer experienced player (big?) with the open scholarship I see a talented "2nd" team.

Dowtin
Fatts
Tate
Langevine
Harris

Adams
Thompson (will need time to get rust off)
Martin
Akele - or - Layssard
5th year senior - or - Layssard

And still have Tertsea and Preston (hope for improvement)......A very deep squad and by February getting experienced.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I believe if we try to bring in an immediate impact type player, ie 5th year or high level Juco it will be a 2 or 3 type player. Wing scorer type. I don’t see them going the big man route unless someone unbelievable bc available. Cyril, Harris, Akele, Layssard, Preston, Tertsea battling for minutes at 4 & 5.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

URI'21 wrote:My prediction is that Tate starts at the 3 over CT. Maybe not immediately, but I think he'll earn a spot. Obviously tough to predict how well freshmen will do but he seems like a great fit for our lineup at the 3 and would give us a formidable rebounding lineup.

If this should happen, it'll be interesting to watch our team evolve from being guard heavy (starting 4 guards 6-5 or shorter) and into a big lineup. (Harris 6'10, CL 6'9, Tate 6'7) Even Jeff has great size for one of our PGs at 6-3. Can't wait.
Martin is pretty big too 6'6"-6'7", and has added muscle in the past year
0 x
mstyles22
Kenny Green

Not sure if anyone has seen this, and I know this stuff belongs on the recruiting page...

But check out our boy Tyrese Martin hold his own against Cam Reddish (#3 recruit in the country headed to Duke). I love this kids game.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

mstyles22 wrote:

Not sure if anyone has seen this, and I know this stuff belongs on the recruiting page...

But check out our boy Tyrese Martin hold his own against Cam Reddish (#3 recruit in the country headed to Duke). I love this kids game.
It is in the recruiting page. There was considerable discussion even during the time the game was being played. Some good info about this particular game there. And I would agree, I love Martin’s game too.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

This whole class could/should be top 100 players nationally.

It's absurd how good they are and that we are even considering overlooking Martin and Tate. Adams and Harris are definitely going to be as good as advertised - but it's wild that we have this class coming in.

Adam, great find on that Hurley quote. Guess we will definitely see something along the lines of Jeff, Fatts, CT, Akele, Langevine to start the year.

Would expect a change with a freshman in there or two by the time conference play rolls around for sure.
3 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

TruePoint wrote:Blueman - I totally agree with you that that is our strength this year, but I think next year we might have to have a different strength. Maybe Jaylen Adams eventually becomes the guy who comes off the bench and can give you instant offense. But they are probably going to rely on Fatts to be their #1 scorer next season, and I can't recall too many teams who started the game with their #1 scorer on the bench.
Yo, big if true ;)
You have the Bonnies on your mind!

Fatts and Jefe start and play a ton next season.
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Ha good catch
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I don’t think I’ve seen Fatts break a sweat. He could probably play 40 minutes a game.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Blue Man wrote:This whole class could/should be top 100 players nationally.

It's absurd how good they are and that we are even considering overlooking Martin and Tate. Adams and Harris are definitely going to be as good as advertised - but it's wild that we have this class coming in.

Adam, great find on that Hurley quote. Guess we will definitely see something along the lines of Jeff, Fatts, CT, Akele, Langevine to start the year.

Would expect a change with a freshman in there or two by the time conference play rolls around for sure.
Agree with this. Freshman will take over as the season progresses, if they're good enough. Isn't Tate more of an inside player? I can see Martin getting time as a swing player, Tate more of an inside guy with Langevine/Harris. A lot also depends on Layssard; will be ready for minutes? Then they may go big.
0 x