Enough of the “We should” posts...

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Enough of the “We should” posts...

Unread post by DC_Rams »

“We should blow them out”
“We should jump on them early”
“We should dominate them in every facet”
“We should __________”

There are NO definitives in College Basketball. We ARE A GOOD TEAM. The cream of the A10 this year, but I see a lot of posters getting besides themselves with these lofty expectations and predictions. The expectation should be to simply....win. These kids suit up on a nightly basis and you better believe they want to blow the doors off their opponent from the opening tip. There is one problem with that, their opponents have the opposite agenda...to prove they belong. We are not guaranteed ANYTHING, and it’s foolish to place an additional pressure on a squad that is already doing what they are supposed to be doing...WINNING. Let’s not let that get lost in translation. Good teams lose to underperforming teams EVERY DAMN NIGHT in sports. It’s why they play the game. If it were a forgone conclusion, why play?

As a fan base, seek the silver lining, we are 18-3 (10-0) with the toughest stretch of the season ahead. The goal is to win marginally more games than we lose, but this teams is entitled to some “wtf” nights, and so far even those nights have fallen in our favor, but it only gets tougher and it will only get increasingly more difficult to win.

I know this is a message board, and all are entitled to say how they feel, at their leisure, but let’s continue to promote winning and not set this sense of entitlement as URI’s M.O.

Just win baby, win....
16 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Enough of the “We should” posts...

Unread post by Blue Man »

Oh my f*%#ing god PREACH
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I worry about EVERY game.....
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

We should expand access to beer at home games. Oh..... wrong thread...
5 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
URIFIJI
Kenny Green

Unread post by URIFIJI »

I too worry about every game - but just to WIN . Dont care if we win by 12 / 20 / or 1 - just win. Been through the good times and the not so good times. I still love coming to the games no matter what. I do however REALLY LOVE it when we are good and better than some of the Elite Schools in or near our backyard. I live in CT and Husky country- not that I want anyone to fail but its not so sad for me to see UCONN struggle. Beating PC is also a bonus.

Just win our home games and survive one or two road games the rest of the way and we will be fine.

GO RHODY

3 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Jesus, this is a freaking message board. Jeff Dowtin isn't logging on to keaneyblue.com to see what DC_Rams is saying. They are not experiencing additional pressure because of anything said on this board. This board is for URI fans to pass the time in-between games and stay up on Ram news. A lot of crap gets said but it's the ones who take everything said on this board too seriously that need to lighten up.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

BleedBlue87 wrote:Jesus, this is a freaking message board. Jeff Dowtin isn't logging on to keaneyblue.com to see what DC_Rams is saying. They are not experiencing additional pressure because of anything said on this board. This board is for URI fans to pass the time in-between games and stay up on Ram news. A lot of crap gets said but it's the ones who take everything said on this board too seriously that need to lighten up.
I don't think he's saying it because he's worried about Jeff Dowtin reading the board.

I think he's saying it (and others are agreeing with it) because this is a freaking message board and the fans who read it and suffered for DECADES of suck, would like to celebrate the good times where we win close games, win big games, etc - instead of reading miserable people posting about why we can't be happy about wins and how we should be beating teams by more than we are.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

5 x
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

Blue Man wrote:
BleedBlue87 wrote:Jesus, this is a freaking message board. Jeff Dowtin isn't logging on to keaneyblue.com to see what DC_Rams is saying. They are not experiencing additional pressure because of anything said on this board. This board is for URI fans to pass the time in-between games and stay up on Ram news. A lot of crap gets said but it's the ones who take everything said on this board too seriously that need to lighten up.
I don't think he's saying it because he's worried about Jeff Dowtin reading the board.

I think he's saying it (and others are agreeing with it) because this is a freaking message board and the fans who read it and suffered for DECADES of suck, would like to celebrate the good times where we win close games, win big games, etc - instead of reading miserable people posting about why we can't be happy about wins and how we should be beating teams by more than we are.

Exactly brother, exactly. And trust me, these kids read about themselves, whether it be in a new article or message board...they do. But again, that wasn’t my point to begin with....
1 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

Win more than we lose from here on out, get into the tournament at large, and take it from there. Anything more than that in terms of the winning streak is a bonus.

We go into the tournament as a 5 seed or a 12 seed, I'm still confident we win that game and then some.

Give it an extra gear against VCU this Friday, take the week "off" to recoup, and keep on keepin' on.
2 x
Mobley was fouled.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Great post, being humble is the way to go.
1 x
GO RAMS
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

we should keep making 'we should' posts
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Crazy that wins aren't enough. Win, celebrate, move on.
Will probably be favored every game the rest of the way, stop worrying, enjoy.
Pay no attention to that man point spread behind the curtain.
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:we should keep making 'we should' posts
We Should 2.0????
2 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
DC_Rams
Sly Williams

Unread post by DC_Rams »

:lol:
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

There is a distinction between making a good point and "being miserable". Contrary to popular belief you can actually both enjoy a URI win and still think they should play better in that particular game.
5 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

BleedBlue87 wrote:There is a distinction between making a good point and "being miserable". Contrary to popular belief you can actually both enjoy a URI win and still think they should play better in that particular game.
:o
What? There’s an in between?
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Been living and dying -- mostly dying -- with this team since enrolling in 1976. I worry about every game, too, but as Mrs. Red reminds me I worry about everything, so maybe I'm not the best example to follow.

But good lord, after living through the Claude English years, the Brendan Malone years, the Jerry Duh eons and the CFL eternities, let's give ourselves permission to enjoy this ride. I swear, some of you would wake up next to Kate Upton, then complain that she couldn't cook.
5 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

reminds me of my thought that URI could go undefeated all year, win the national championship, and some people on here would still complain about something with the team
4 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

"Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do but doesn't get you anywhere...write that down." - Van Wilder
3 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Some advice to the Kool Aid Crew

Winning a game <> you played well

Most people are easily able to watch a game, have fun doing so, celebrate the win and accurately critique things they didn't do well in that game. It's not rocket science.

The irony is Hurley is more negative about the wins than anyone here. He always points out that they have to be better at A, B, C and is never satisfied. That's what great teams do, they always improve
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Exactly let's enjoy the ride we have with this coach

You know when he has a very talented team that other teams won't outwork us
0 x