Week #13 - Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Re: Week #13 - Games of Interest

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Rhodymob05 wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:Pc lost to a team we beat, it’s a win win win.

EXACTLY---if you believe a negative for your rival is better than a positive for you team.
If pc lost to a bum team then that would be bad, but we need Seton Hall to be top 25 good, rather than two middle of the pack big east teams.

Yeah, this 100%. It is wayyyy more beneficial to us for Seton Hall to avoid a bad loss than for PC to pick up a good win. The PC apologist crew apparently takes no prisoners, not even our own RPI.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Bye bye Friars bye bye !!
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Yea, sorry PC in Q1 was more important in this one in the eyes of the selection committee. I hate PC but value our resume more.
8 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
ramster wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Because, by golly, that's the way we've always done it and we ain't ever gonna change it, no matter what, because.....well... 'because'..."

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nah,
You are not trying to intimidate anyone
Not trying to make anyone look like a fool
Sorry the PC loss ruined you day - go kick the dog
Now that's some hardcore hatin'. Well played, carry on!
Ans I'm not trying to make anyone look like a fool, I just think it's dumb.
Seton Hall is ranked 19 in RPI
PC is ranked 47 in RPI

Last year did anyone ever want Cincinnati to lose a game? Of course not. We wanted in the eyes so the committee to see that URI beat a solid Nationally Ranked Team - and the higher Cincinnati got ranked the better

Seton Hall this year is last year’s Cincinnati on our schedule. Seton Hall is the highest ranked team we have beaten since we lost to Virginia and Nevada and Alabama.

I cannot understand the logic of wanting Seton Hall to lose to any team this season. I want them in the Top 25 and the higher up in the top 25 the better.

Much more important to me to have SH Top 25 than to have PC in Quadrant 2 where based on last night they may not maintain anyway.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody Guy wrote:Yea, sorry PC in Q1 was more important in this one in the eyes of the selection committee. I hate PC but value our resume more.
PC is a long way from Quadrant 1. If PC beat Seton Hall it’s a blow to Seton Hall being in Quadrant 1.

Seton Hall is 17-5 (6-3] ranked 19 RPI
PC is 14-8 (5-4) ranked 47 RPI

Seems clear to me the higher Seton Hall in the Top 25 a month from now the better got URI. Seton Hall is last year’s Cincinnati story on our schedule

Seton Hall at 17-5 (6-3) ranked 19 RPI is much better for us.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

26 points in 36 minutes, 11-18 FGs, 4-9 on threes, 6 rebounds, 3 assists and 2 steals
Not bad for another of the A10s solid group of Freshman. Kellen Grady led Davidson over LaSalle to bring Davidson to 6-3 in the A10
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Nevada with a nice win.
1 x
GO RAMS
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In a game unexpectedly close, Nevada was able to pull away from Fresno State in last 8 minutes of game to grab its 16th consecutive home win, 102-92.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

ramster wrote:
Rhody Guy wrote:Yea, sorry PC in Q1 was more important in this one in the eyes of the selection committee. I hate PC but value our resume more.
PC is a long way from Quadrant 1. If PC beat Seton Hall it’s a blow to Seton Hall being in Quadrant 1.

Seton Hall is 17-5 (6-3] ranked 19 RPI
PC is 14-8 (5-4) ranked 47 RPI

Seems clear to me the higher Seton Hall in the Top 25 a month from now the better got URI. Seton Hall is last year’s Cincinnati story on our schedule

Seton Hall at 17-5 (6-3) ranked 19 RPI is much better for us.

Ramster your arguments on this topic are so weak. First off, no...we did not root against Cincy last year....Cincy didn’t play a mutual opponent of ours so there wasn’t a chance.

Secondly, we beat SH on a neutral court so if their RPI is in the top50 they would be a quadrant 1 win. They are solidly in quadrant 1 for us. A loss last night would not have jeopardized that. We beat PC at home. To be a quadrant 1 win they need to be in the top 30 RPI. Going into last night they were in the mid 30s. A win last night on the road vs a number 19 RPI team may have gotten them into the top 30 and into quadrant 1.

You and many others on this board are blinded by hate.
5 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

RPI Forecast Wizard calculates a PC win would have only brought them from about 49 to 42 in Expected RPI. They'd also have to win games they weren't expected to win to make significant jumps into the top 30. That ship may have sailed.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

ATPTourFan wrote:RPI Forecast Wizard calculates a PC win would have only brought them from about 49 to 42 in Expected RPI. They'd also have to win games they weren't expected to win to make significant jumps into the top 30. That ship may have sailed.

ATP—-CBS Sports showed their RPI AT 34. Perhaps that was dated. Still a win last night would have brought PCcloser to Q1. 42 to 30 is not unrealistic. A loss was in no way going to push SH anywhere close to Q2.

Correction—-as of 1am PST on Feb 1st, Real Time RPI has PC at 34 which makes more sense. Real Time has SH up to 18. I don’t see anywhere showing PC close to a 49 RPI.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Please don't use RealTimeRPI, it's a day behind and never actual RealTime unless you pay. Live-RPI.com is truly live and free.

I was talking about Expected RPI, which is more useful than today's spot RPI. It's the calculated RPI of each team as they enter their conference tournament.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

ATPTourFan wrote:Please don't use RealTimeRPI, it's a day behind and never actual RealTime unless you pay. Live-RPI.com is truly live and free.

I was talking about Expected RPI, which is more useful than today's spot RPI. It's the calculated RPI of each team as they enter their conference tournament.

ok...well Live-RPI.com also has PC at 34 as of this morning. i'm sure it was "expected" that PC would lose that game last night. regardless, a win by PC stood to benefit URI.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

We're discussing two separate things. I'm looking at the Expected RPI Forecast and you're looking at today's live RPI. PC would have needed to get more unexpected wins to push their season-end RPI UNDER 30 to qualify as Q1.
3 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

ATPTourFan wrote:We're discussing two separate things. I'm looking at the Expected RPI Forecast and you're looking at today's live RPI. PC would have needed to get more unexpected wins to push their season-end RPI UNDER 30 to qualify as Q1.

understood....but you are looking at what is "expected" to happen. let's say one or two of those future "expected" losses turn into wins. this can happen...otherwise, why play the games?. and at the end of the regular season, instead of PC ending up with a 42 RPI they end up with a 32 RPI...damn...so close and a win over SH last night would have put them in a top 30.

both systems have merits and can be used simultaneously. At this point the discussion is moot as regards last night's game, but PC will play SH again in 3 weeks and we could have the same argument as to how the outcome of that game will benefit URI. Haven't looked at "expected", but my guess is PC will be "expected" to win that game at the Dunk.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

No Thursday night action in the A-10:

Two games involving URI OOC opponents:

Charleston at Northeastern. 7 PM. Difficult road game for the Cougars, but a victory will set them apart from the many contending for first place in the CAA.

UNC Asheville at Campbell. 7 PM. Another critical road test for UNCA in its quest for a NCAAT invite.

In Top 25 action:

Creighton at #1 Villanova. 6:30 PM. On FS1.

#16 Wichita State at Temple. 7 PM. On ESPN2

San Diego at #14 Gonzaga. 9 PM. On ESPN3.

San Francisco at #13 St. Mary's. 11 PM. On ESPNU.

#2 Arizona State at Washington. 11 PM. On PAC12.
Last edited by Obadiah 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

ATPTourFan wrote:RPI Forecast Wizard calculates a PC win would have only brought them from about 49 to 42 in Expected RPI. They'd also have to win games they weren't expected to win to make significant jumps into the top 30. That ship may have sailed.
Well, I think a part of that is on RPI Forecast today, PC is underdog in 5 out of 9 remaining games, and a near toss-up in a 6th. They estimate that with a win last night, PC would have gone 10-8 in conference play. It's interesting, because PC still has 3 home games against SJU, DePaul, and Georgetown, and a road game at Georgetown. Assuming those are wins, that would mean they don't win a game against a meaningful team the rest of the way. If they beat Seton Hall on the road, who knows what happens. Could they win at Marquette? Could they win at Butler? Can they beat Seton Hall at home now? These are things that could still happen but might seem more likely with a competitive game or a win last night. If you turn last night into a win and flip the Seton Hall game at home and then add the other 4, it gives PC an RPI of around 32 entering the BET. These events could still happen, just a smaller margin.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyRam86 wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:Please don't use RealTimeRPI, it's a day behind and never actual RealTime unless you pay. Live-RPI.com is truly live and free.

ok...well Live-RPI.com also has PC at 34 as of this morning. i'm sure it was "expected" that PC would lose that game last night. regardless, a win by PC stood to benefit URI.
and a win by Seton Hall over PC benefits URI more since we played Seton Hall and beat them. We also beat PC but the wins over these High RPI Teams is more powerful, more impactful

The higher Seton Hall gets in the Rankings the better for URI

We want these teams as high as they can get. Their current expected RPI's
#2 Virginia
#13 Rhode Island :D :D
#14 Nevada
#19 Seton Hall
#43 Alabama
#45 St Bonaventure

PC is a distant 51 - Even 3 weeks from now URI will benefit more from a Seton Hall win vs a PC win. Pretty straightforward stuff
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Lots of empty seats at this Nova game. Must be a late arriving crowd :roll:
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

and a win by Seton Hall over PC benefits URI more since we played Seton Hall and beat them. We also beat PC but the wins over these High RPI Teams is more powerful, more impactful

#2 Virginia
#14 Nevada
#19 Seton Hall
#43 Alabama
#45 St Bonaventure

PC is a distant 51 - Even 3 weeks from now URI will benefit more from a Seton Hall win vs a PC win. Pretty straightforward stuff

Couldn't disagree with you more. As Superfly stated above, a win last night coupled with 4 very winnable games down the stretch would have had PC at 32 entering the BE tourney. I would rather have two quadrant 1 wins (say SH at 25 and PC at 29) than 1 quadrant 1 win (say SH at 19).

Additionally, why not add PC to your list of teams we want as high as they can get? Why not split the difference and hope they win every remaining game except for SH at home? Should we also dismiss Seton Hall when they play Villanova? Or Alabama when they play Auburn because they're not "expected" to win those games? Reason you left PC out? Pretty straightforward stuff.
2 x
Shaolin Swat
ARD

Unread post by Shaolin Swat »

Even though it's a moot point now, the (potential) best case scenario resume-wise would have included a PC win yesterday. With it being a Neutral Court win, as long as Seton Hall stayed in the top 50, it would be a Quadrant 1 win. Since PC was a home win, they need to be a top 30 RPI to be considered a Quadrant 1 win. As likely or unlikely as it may be that PC gets that top 30 ranking, our resume would look "stronger" to the committee if PC was ranked inside the top 30 on Selection Sunday.

With the new quadrant system, the old RPI metrics (wins vs top 25, top 50, etc.) aren't as important resume-wise, as the new system now takes into account where games were played. While we would have rooted for Seton Hall last year to be top 25 to help our resume, its no longer necessary that they stay top 25 with the quadrant system.

All that being said, I will certainly not be shedding any tears because PC lost last night.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I would rather pc not be in the NCAAT.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyRam86 wrote:
ramster wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

#2 Virginia
#14 Nevada
#19 Seton Hall
#43 Alabama
#45 St Bonaventure

Couldn't disagree with you more. As Superfly stated above, a win last night coupled with 4 very winnable games down the stretch would have had PC at 32 entering the BE tourney. I would rather have two quadrant 1 wins (say SH at 25 and PC at 29) than 1 quadrant 1 win (say SH at 19). Pretty straightforward stuff.
and I couldn't disagree with you more :lol:
Fact is PC could have with a win last night but they didn't..that was a big IF that failed to materialize - and failed miserably
Cartwright and Lindsey were horrible going 0-13 and both scoring zero points. Only the Sophomore Diallo showed up who I really like. But the Seniors who should be stepping up were MIA. This is a time they should be stepping up but their last two games have been blow outs.

PC RPI is now 51 and dropping
Seton Hall is 19 and rising

PC is 14-8 (5-4)
Seton Hall is 17-5 (6-3)

Seton Hall is predicted to go 6-3 the rest of the way to end up 23-8
2-4 Villanova (1.8) BE A 0-0 13% -12.2
2-7 Marquette (65.4) BE H 0-0 72% 6.5
2-10 Georgetown (154.5) BE A 0-0 69% 5.5
2-14 Xavier (5.3) BE A 0-0 29% -6.1
2-18 DePaul (177.9) BE H 0-0 89% 13.7
2-21 Providence (51.1) BE A 0-0 54% 1.0
2-24 St. John's (115.6) BE A 0-0 62% 3.2
2-28 Villanova (1.8) BE H 0-0 30% -5.9
3-3 Butler (29.1) BE H 0-0 62% 3.3

PC is predicted to go 5-4 the rest of the way to end up 19-12
2-3 Marquette (65.4) BE A 0-0 36% -4.0
2-6 Georgetown (154.5) BE H 0-0 76% 7.7
2-10 DePaul (177.9) BE H 0-0 81% 9.6
2-14 Villanova (1.8) BE H 0-0 18% -10.0
2-17 Butler (29.1) BE A 0-0 25% -7.2
2-21 Seton Hall (21.1) BE H 0-0 46% -1.0
2-24 Georgetown (154.5) BE A 0-0 55% 1.3
2-28 Xavier (5.3) BE A 0-0 17% -10.3
3-3 St. John's (115.6) BE H 0-0 69% 5.4

RPIForecast Predicts Seton Hall finishing 21.1, PC 51.1

I want to see, for URI's sake, Seton Hall going better than 6-3. The higher they finish the better.

If you want Seton Hall at 25 and PC at 29 then they are just about out of the Top 25.

Last year URI got a ton of positive publicity for their Win against Cincinnati. That was huge for URI, along with winning the A10 Championship. Cincinnati ranked #12 or thereabouts for most of the year was great for us

Same with Seton Hall this year, exactly the same. I want Seton Hall Top 10. Not Nevada or Alabama or Virginia who we lost to but Seton Hall who we BEAT.

Seton Hall is a better team than PC - don't take my word for it - look at the numbers.

Seton Hall at 15, PC at 50 is better for URI than PC and Seton Hall both at 28 in my opinion. I want Seton Hall Ranked Top 15 or higher. I'll be rooting them like crazy the rest of the way. But if PC can put together a streak then fine, but the money ball to play is Seton Hall.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:
ramster wrote:

#2 Virginia
#14 Nevada
#19 Seton Hall
#43 Alabama
#45 St Bonaventure

Couldn't disagree with you more. As Superfly stated above, a win last night coupled with 4 very winnable games down the stretch would have had PC at 32 entering the BE tourney. I would rather have two quadrant 1 wins (say SH at 25 and PC at 29) than 1 quadrant 1 win (say SH at 19). Pretty straightforward stuff.
Fact is PC could have with a win last night but they didn't..that was a big IF that failed to materialize - and failed miserably
Cartwright and Lindsey were horrible going 0-13 and both scoring zero points. Only the Sophomore Diallo showed up who I really like. But the Seniors who should be stepping up were MIA. This is a time they should be stepping up but their last two games have been blow outs.

PC is 14-8 (5-4)
Seton Hall is 17-5 (6-3)

I want to see, for URI's sake, Seton Hall going better than 6-3. The higher they finish the better.

If you want Seton Hall at 25 and PC at 29 then they are just about out of the Top 25.

Last year URI got a ton of positive publicity for their Win against Cincinnati. That was huge for URI, along with winning the A10 Championship. Cincinnati ranked #12 or thereabouts for most of the year was great for us

Same with Seton Hall this year, exactly the same. I want Seton Hall Top 10. Not Nevada or Alabama or Virginia who we lost to but Seton Hall who we BEAT.

Seton Hall is a better team than PC - don't take my word for it - look at the numbers.

Seton Hall at 15, PC at 50 is better for URI than PC and Seton Hall both at 28 in my opinion. I want Seton Hall Ranked Top 15 or higher. I'll be rooting them like crazy the rest of the way. But if PC can put together a streak then fine, but the money ball to play is Seton Hall.

i could give two craps about Lindsay and Cartwright's stats or if SH is better than PC. you keep bringing up Cincy from last year. yes...we got lots of traction for that win, but we also had wins against top 50 Dayton and VCU twice. What are you coupling with the great SH win? St. Bonnies at home? Wow!!!!
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

^A top 10 RPI?
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

theblueram wrote:^A top 10 RPI?

if RPI held that much significance, people would be talking about us being a 3 seed with a top 10 RPI. instead, as of now, most brackets have us as a 7. so coupling the SH win with a top 10 RPI gets you barely more than a cup of coffee.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyRam86 wrote:
ramster wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

PC is 14-8 (5-4)
Seton Hall is 17-5 (6-3)

i could give two craps about Lindsay and Cartwright's stats or if SH is better than PC. you keep bringing up Cincy from last year. yes...we got lots of traction for that win, but we also had wins against top 50 Dayton and VCU twice. What are you coupling with the great SH win? St. Bonnies at home? Wow!!!!
and since Dayton and VCU are not Top 50 the best we have to go with is St Bonaventure RPI 45.
All the more reason to want that signature win associated with our name. Seton Hall at Ranked 15 or higher would be awesome - similar to Cincinnati

Seton Hall and PC both at 26, 27, 28? Not the same if the team is not Nationally Ranked in my opinion.

Suppose Seton Hall is Nationally Ranked 15th when they play PC at the Dunk on February 21st and PC is as they are now #51- do you want PC to win and knock Seton Hall out of the Top 25?

To me it's how much you value the quadrant thing over being in the Top Quadrant being the Top 25 - I think the Top 25 is powerful stuff in the basketball world. Nobody knows who is 45th, 51st, 33rd. But if you are playing for the computer program I can see your point.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I don't quite understand why it's hard to see how 2 good wins are better than 1 of a bit stronger good win. It's all quadrants and it's all black and white.
In a perfect scenario, as others have said, SH stays a Quadrant 1 win and PC plays themselves into a Quadrant 1 win. 2>1. There was a chance that could happen if PC won last night. People who want us to get the best seed possible were pulling for that. People who care more about PC being out, knowing that we are still in but at a lesser seed, were not.
5 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Wouldn't two quadrant one wins with a top 10 RPI look better than one quadrant one win with a top 10 RPI?

And Ramster, it's not like Seton Hall losing to PC was all of a sudden going to destroy their RPI. The difference between Seton Hall winning and losing against PC for their predicted RPI is 5 spots (14 with win, 19 with loss).
2 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Let's just win our games, and let the rest sort itself out......I really don't give 2 craps about any of this until we get done with the A10 tourney....

I just don't want an 8 or 9 seed....anything else is great. Just Dance, little sister Dance!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhodyRam86 wrote:

if RPI held that much significance, people would be talking about us being a 3 seed with a top 10 RPI. instead, as of now, most brackets have us as a 7. so coupling the SH win with a top 10 RPI gets you barely more than a cup of coffee.

Which scenario would you prefer:
Do you want Seton Hall ranked 18 and PC 51

Or Seton Hall ranked 28 and PC ranked 28

I prefer Seton Hall in the Top 25.

If you don't then I can understand why you wanted PC to win. It's just a matter of opinion and I don't think either opinion is stupid or ignorant.
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

In case anybody's noticed, we have as many as 11 games left to play.....things could change in a big way.....

What happens with other teams who we aren't playing, is out of our hands.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

bigappleram wrote:I don't quite understand why it's hard to see how 2 good wins are better than 1 of a bit stronger good win. It's all quadrants and it's all black and white.
In a perfect scenario, as others have said, SH stays a Quadrant 1 win and PC plays themselves into a Quadrant 1 win. 2>1. There was a chance that could happen if PC won last night. People who want us to get the best seed possible were pulling for that. People who care more about PC being out, knowing that we are still in but at a lesser seed, were not.
The assumption you are making is that Seton Hall stays in Quadrant 1. I don't want to take the risk of Seton Hall dropping out of Quadrant 1.

But also, I am not only limiting my thinking to the Quadrant concept which I don't really understand too well anyway

As I have said repeatedly I want Seton Hall in the Top 25, as high as they can go, I want them to win all the rest of their games an finish Top 5 in the Nation so that our win against them looks phenomenal. Just like last season when I wanted Cincinnati to win every game they played. No different.

I want Nevada, Virginia, Alabama and Seton Hall to win every game left on their schedule. And Seton Hall above all of the 4 because we beat them.

I know that may not fit the quadrant logic
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:
ramster wrote:

PC is 14-8 (5-4)
Seton Hall is 17-5 (6-3)

and since Dayton and VCU are not Top 50 the best we have to go with is St Bonaventure RPI 45.
All the more reason to want that signature win associated with our name. Seton Hall at Ranked 15 or higher would be awesome - similar to Cincinnati

Seton Hall and PC both at 26, 27, 28? Not the same if the team is not Nationally Ranked in my opinion.

Suppose Seton Hall is Nationally Ranked 15th when they play PC at the Dunk on February 21st and PC is as they are now #51- do you want PC to win and knock Seton Hall out of the Top 25?

To me it's how much you value the quadrant thing over being in the Top Quadrant being the Top 25 - I think the Top 25 is powerful stuff in the basketball world. Nobody knows who is 45th, 51st, 33rd. But if you are playing for the computer program I can see your point.

Hands down would rather have the quadrant wins than wins over AP top 25. Maybe a lay person would look at AP, but I don't believe the selection committee does. When comparing blind resumes they show how teams did vs. RPI teams not AP top 25 teams.

Going into last night, PC had a reasonable chance of being a Q1 win for us. When they meet SH again in a few weeks I will root for whichever team has a chance to move up a quadrant and against any team that is not likely to move down a quadrant.

And since St. Bonnies is only at 45, all the more reason to hope PC rights the ship. Even at 51, PC is not horrible. Why in all of your posts are you not mentioning that it would be helpful to URI if PC wins out or at the very least only loses to SH the rest of the way? Who will you be hoping wins when "Nova comes to the Dunk?
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

bigappleram wrote:I don't quite understand why it's hard to see how 2 good wins are better than 1 of a bit stronger good win. It's all quadrants and it's all black and white.

well said bigapple!
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

ramster wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

If you don't then I can understand why you wanted PC to win. It's just a matter of opinion and I don't think either opinion is stupid or ignorant.

I can live with that rationale. Well put ramster.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ramster wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

Agree that there are debatable scenarios by game. I happen to think it would have benefited URI if PC won last night, but not losing sleep over it.
But, there are also definite scenarios where it is to URI's benefit when PC wins (like, most of the time). And, it just seems nutty to root against them in those cases, "just because it's PC." Might be tough for a lot of folk to hear, but...objectively...they're just another OOC foe....
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Makes sense 208....but a lot of old timers just can't bring themselves to root for PC under any circumstances.....it's a thing.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
ramster wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:

Agree that there are debatable scenarios by game. I happen to think it would have benefited URI if PC won last night, but not losing sleep over it.
But, there are also definite scenarios where it is to URI's benefit when PC wins (like, most of the time). And, it just seems nutty to root against them in those cases, "just because it's PC." Might be tough for a lot of folk to hear, but...objectively...they're just another OOC foe....[/qu

But this discussion is only about Seton Hall and PC last Night.. That other case you are now throwing in to muddy the waters was last night's battle.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Temple Wich St--- overtime.....
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

it seems most of ramster's support is coming from people who want to say "bye bye PC bye bye" or "i would rather PC not be in the ncaa tournament". these are the folks happy with last night's final. These folks will root against PC the rest of the way and don't care how that effects URI. people that are paying attention to quadrants and what the committee is now saying is important are disappointed in last night's final. these people will continue to root for PC the rest of the way...hoping they win to the benefit of URI. It's that simple and neither side is going to convince the other they are wrong.
4 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

RhodyRam86 wrote:it seems most of ramster's support is coming from people who want to say "bye bye PC bye bye" or "i would rather PC not be in the ncaa tournament". these are the folks happy with last night's final. These folks will root against PC the rest of the way and don't care how that effects URI. people that are paying attention to quadrants and what the committee is now saying is important are disappointed in last night's final. these people will continue to root for PC the rest of the way...hoping they win to the benefit of URI. It's that simple and neither side is going to convince the other they are wrong.
...just another ooc opponent...that they happen to play every year...and, the better they are, the better...
2 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

UNC-Asheville wins at Campbell 64-57. Charleston wins at Northeastern 69-64 and their RPI jumps all the way to 90.
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:it seems most of ramster's support is coming from people who want to say "bye bye PC bye bye" or "i would rather PC not be in the ncaa tournament". these are the folks happy with last night's final. These folks will root against PC the rest of the way and don't care how that effects URI. people that are paying attention to quadrants and what the committee is now saying is important are disappointed in last night's final. these people will continue to root for PC the rest of the way...hoping they win to the benefit of URI. It's that simple and neither side is going to convince the other they are wrong.
...just another ooc opponent...that they happen to play every year...and, the better they are, the better...

not sure why ram fans don't get more satisfaction out of beating a good PC team than a bad one. c'est la vie...

208 you seem like a pretty good guy for a NYG fan. my brother in law is a good guy too, but if i have to listen one more time for a half hour about the right guard the giants picked with the 24 pick in the 7th round of the draft and how he did in the combines I'm going to shoot myself...or maybe just shoot him. :)
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

RF1 wrote:UNC-Asheville wins at Campbell 64-57. Charleston wins at Northeastern 69-64 and their RPI jumps all the way to 90.

great results! nice to have another top 100 win though it's still a quadrant 3 win. they need to move up to 75 to be Q2.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

The Giants picked a guard in the draft?

Now that's a good one lol!
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Wichita State goes down to Temple in OT.....those road games are a bitch.....
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

temple downs Wichita St. On any given night... Just another reason i would rather look at current RPI than expected RPI.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I'm an old timer.......I understand that certain friar wins boost our standing.....then the game starts and I default back to wishing them ill at every step....and wishing their fanbase the worst possible outcome because of my years of dealing with their attitudes.....I'm sorry to the all the empirically motivated fans here who want the friars to win certain games but I can't do it.....it is a character flaw in me....
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

NCAA Committee uses blind team sheets which do not feature anything related to top 25 status either on selection Sunday or games played vs past top 25 teams ranked in previous weeks.

For this fan who wants best possible seeding, that’s case closed.
2 x