URI Alum Association Meetup at Rhody Pub at 2/9 vs. Davidson

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
steviep123
Sly Williams

URI Alum Association Meetup at Rhody Pub at 2/9 vs. Davidson

Unread post by steviep123 »

Saw this Facebook Event:

The URI Alumni Association is taking over Rhody Pub to cheer on the Rams as they take on Davidson.

All alumni, parents, and friends of the University of Rhode Island are welcome to attend. Attendees can access the Rhody Pub throughout the game while enjoying pub fare, giveaway opportunities, and a cash bar.

Please Note: A ticket to the game is required and can be purchased separately at gorhody.com/tickets or at the Ryan Center box office.

Cost: $10; $5 for young alumni (2008-2017) and dues-paying members of the Alumni Association.

For the full Big Chill Weekend schedule and to register for events, visit alumni.uri.edu/bigchill

Questions? Contact Christina Haas at christina_haas@uri.edu or 401-874-7402

I'm hoping to go (if I can get there by 6 from Boston - doubtful. I will be at the game however).

Any other takers?

Edit:

There's also a post game meetup at Two Ten Oyster Bar. All part of Big Chill Weekend. Details of all things and signups here:

http://alumni.uri.edu/bigchill
Last edited by steviep123 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: URI Alum Association Meetup at Rhody Pub at 2/9 vs. Davidson

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Awesome! So, does that mean one of the pubs will be closed again?
1 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

i'm not part of the URI Alumni Assoc but would be happy to meet up for a drink at either pub (if one is closed due to this event)

I'll be at the game heading down from north of Boston and will be there when doors open at 6ish, pm me if anyone is heading to game and want to meet up?
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Awesome! So, does that mean one of the pubs will be closed again?

Of course! :lol:
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Why don’t we open the doors an hour and a half earlier so people have more time to gather around the pubs pregame. All sold out games should open earlier to allow for the extra fans to make their way in the arena.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CT Rhody wrote:Why don’t we open the doors an hour and a half earlier so people have more time to gather around the pubs pregame. All sold out games should open earlier to allow for the extra fans to make their way in the arena.
:D :D :D YES PLEASE
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

CT Rhody wrote:Why don’t we open the doors an hour and a half earlier so people have more time to gather around the pubs pregame. All sold out games should open earlier to allow for the extra fans to make their way in the arena.
Co-Sign
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

steviep123 wrote:
Co-Sign
There's no excuse this time. Week heads up it was going to be full. Have it staffed properly. Open 30 minutes earlier. Not rocket surgery.
1 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Unread post by DelroyIsMyHero »

Long time lurker here (too long) and finally posting. Hope to see some of you up at the Boston watch party! I'm the Boston alumni chapter leader and put that watch party together. Should be a great time. Harry's is an awesome venue with great food. They're giving us 2-3 TVs and dedicating a portion of the bar for us.
1 x