1/24 | Fordham Rams | 7PM

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Re: 1/24 | Fordham Rams | 7PM

Unread post by Blue Man »

urirx wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
Bos8 wrote:Man what happened to the old Fordham Fans board? I must be out of the loop. I went to check out their page, and it looks like it fell apart Projo style.
Who in the hell would be a Fordham fan?

If those people did exist, who would ever post about that team? The school doesn't invest in athletics. Therefore there's nothing worth rooting for.

Honestly I hate Fordham. The A10 needs to find a way to move them out. They only hurt the league.

That whole piece tonight on Rose Hill being a historic place. Vomit. Just because something is old as shit doesn't make it historic. It's the oldest gym in the NCAA because the school of FIFTEEN THOUSAND that charges FORTY SIX THOUSAND A YEAR won't invest in their athletics programs.
I know Basketball is King in the A10 but they have a better football team then URI, and their Soccer made it to the Elite 8 in the college cup this year.

And every school has alumni. there are always people (prior to last year) who asked why I would bleed Keaney Blue.
Yup. Basketball is king in the A10. Which is the conference we play in. No one cares about 1AA football. Less people care about soccer. If someone said they were a big fan of their college basketball team because they had great memories of their big time patriot football league winning season, they would be a moron.

Alumni or not - that doesn't mean that you root for irrelevant sports at your school just because you went there, especially to the point of having a message board about it.

The difference between bleeding Keaney Blue and bleeding in the Bronx (insert crime joke)? There are legitimate successes (albeit not a ton of them) but they exist. Fordham has none. They made the dance once (since it became the NCAAT), and got blown out by UMass. That was almost 30 years ago.

In URI's gap from tournament play - Fordham turned in 2 winning seasons. Two. They also turned in 2 2-win seasons and a 3 win season.

For all the suck and disappointment that URI brought onto themselves under Baron, they were very rarely ever a "bad win" on the schedule.

We never played up to our standards, nor did we finish seasons, but we sure as hell weren't an embarrassment to the league.

Fordham's endowment compared to their facilities/investment in the program tells me they don't care about sports or having fans. That's fine. Not everyone has to. The A10 is a conference that does. They don't belong here. They shouldn't be the beneficiary of teams that go to the NCAA tournament and bring in money to the schools.

URI may not have contributed for a while (our contributions stopped in 05) at least we invested back into the program and tried to get there.

Rose Hill is in the middle of a 2.5 million dollar upgrade. WOWIE!! CHAIR BACK SEATS!? AND WHAT'S THIS??? IS THAT...A HOSPITALITY SUITE!???? NO WAY.

So they have a high school gym with a few new chair back seats. All for a major investment of .3% of their total endowment. They suck. Their school sucks and doesn't care about sports. They don't belong in this league and by staying in this league, 9 times out of 10 they will have an RPI outside of the top 200 which only hurts the programs in this league who aspire to postseason play.

They may not realize that there is a postseason, but the rest of us do.

I realize that the A10 doesn't usually kick out members - but even Duquesne is investing in their program at all levels. Fordham has the money they just aren't doing it.

I wonder if there's a way for the A10 to write in a stipulation for investment in infrastructure in order to get NCAA money from the other teams that go? That is probably the only "realistic" possibility.
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

urirx wrote:If they didn't kick the bonnies out for the welding certificate issue, they are not going to kick FU out for being a lifetime bad team. aAso you have the complication of being a 13 team league. do we add another weak sister (siena, LIU other??) to make it even again or which of the other 13, all of whom have shown some level of life in the last decade, do you kick out?

now I will say you can't call it A10 basketball season if at least one thread doesn't go into the "why is Fordham not in the patriot league?" area
The last weak sister we added (George Mason) has been nothing but a bottom feeder too. The A10 needs a bigger name. Back to Fordham, forget us a critics, imagine being a student/fan/alumni seeing your team get their ass kicked forever.
1 x
GO RAMS
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......at least Mason had flash in the pan status.....Fordham, not so much....
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I'm not sure what the A10 can do about current perennial bottom feeders, but going forward, any new additions should be expected to maintain certain criteria to remain in the league.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:
urirx wrote:If they didn't kick the bonnies out for the welding certificate issue, they are not going to kick FU out for being a lifetime bad team. aAso you have the complication of being a 13 team league. do we add another weak sister (siena, LIU other??) to make it even again or which of the other 13, all of whom have shown some level of life in the last decade, do you kick out?

now I will say you can't call it A10 basketball season if at least one thread doesn't go into the "why is Fordham not in the patriot league?" area
The last weak sister we added (George Mason) has been nothing but a bottom feeder too. The A10 needs a bigger name. Back to Fordham, forget us a critics, imagine being a student/fan/alumni seeing your team get their ass kicked forever.
...sorta like Rhody football?
foothoops.PNG
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:

foothoops.PNG
I was waiting for this lol, let's stick to the subject. Plus college basketball in the Northeast matters 10 times more than college football.
2 x
GO RAMS
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

What is the complication about a 13-team league?
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:

What is the complication about a 13-team league?
Agreed. There is no complication. For the tourney, top 3 get byes. Bottom 10 play with the five winners joining the byes to make quarterfinals.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Blue Man wrote:I wonder if there's a way for the A10 to write in a stipulation for investment in infrastructure in order to get NCAA money from the other teams that go? That is probably the only "realistic" possibility.
This is key. If you are taking money from other schools you should be expected to invest up to a certain level. Membership in the A10 should be revoked to certain schools that are not competitive and aren't doing anything to become competitive.

Also, I'm not sure why we're concerned with what teams we should add if programs leave/get the boot. We'd be better off with a smaller conference.
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Drop Fordham and Duquesne. As much as I think Dambrot will be a good hire for them don't see either with the desire to compete at top of conference. Addition by subtraction. Easily could lump Lasalle in with that group, despite a nice run a few years ago and while they have attracted talent, facilities and fan support is still at bottom of league.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I really would like to see Fordham succeed in hoops.

The NYC connection is good for the league.

No 24 team in town and student section empty in their cute Lil gym is a real bad look for the league tho...

Is it hopeless? Should A10 be looking at Iona for a NYC area representative?
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Forget the NYC representation. I live here, no one cares about college hoops unless the team is playing in the Top 20. St John's gets half a page in the Post for game recaps, and very little coverage beyond that...Fordham gets a 3 sentence blurb. In today's day and age the NYC media market, specifically as it relates to Fordham, is a moot point. Dayton is our leagues most valuable brand and they play in, well, Dayton, Ohio. The 64th largest media market.
4 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

hrstrat57 wrote:I really would like to see Fordham succeed in hoops.

No 24 team in town and student section empty in their cute Lil gym is a real bad look for the league tho...

I would really like to be skinny, have money and date an actress. Some shit just isn't in the cards no matter how much you really, really hope.

Also, why do we need a NYC representative? What evidence is there that NYC cares about college athletics, especially a team on the level of Fordham or Iona?
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Boot Fordham they need to go !!
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:

foothoops.PNG

and let's not post Rhody Women's Basketball either versus Fordham
0 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Agree that NYC is useless from a media perspective, but I continue to be befuddled at why Fordham can't use it to their advantage when it comes to recruiting.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
hrstrat57 wrote:I really would like to see Fordham succeed in hoops.

I would really like to be skinny, have money and date an actress. Some shit just isn't in the cards no matter how much you really, really hope.

Also, why do we need a NYC representative? What evidence is there that NYC cares about college athletics, especially a team on the level of Fordham or Iona?
NYC is useless from a media perspective for sure in the 21st century - but it still affects travel budgets. If you take away Fordham, you put us and UMass on an island for close travel games. Same thing with Duquesne as it relates to Dayton.
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramsman75
Jeff Kent

Fordham Live Stream Replay

Unread post by ramsman75 »

Any body have a link to a replay of the live stream?
1 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Re: Fordham Live Stream Replay

Unread post by rhodysurf »

It’s on Facebook.. just search for Atlantic ten conference and scroll on their page
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Fordham Live Stream Replay

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

ramsman75 wrote:Any body have a link to a replay of the live stream?
Please be sure to check the very first post of each game thread for links to game streams. The link provided there opens up the game to be played on-demand on Facebook.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund