1/24 | Fordham Rams | 7PM

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: 1/24 | Fordham Rams | 7PM

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Are we playing a zone??????
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Let’s gooo good finish and mike thank you, wining by 20 just looks so much better.
0 x
GO RAMS
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I don't care how bad the opponent is - when you can win on the road by 20 points it's impressive.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......Rhody Rhody Rhody.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

section(105) wrote:......Rhody Rhody Rhody.....
Rams! Rams! Rams!
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

Top 300 rpi win 8-) 8-) 8-)
3 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Sloppy on offense tonight but that defense never lets up
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Glad to see Andre get a big game close to home in front of his family and friends. They had signs for him. Berry rightfully named Facebook Stadium Player of the Game and got a live post game interview.
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......this just in.....we are pretty good.....film at 11......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The road win against Fordham caused our RPI to drop one spot. Good that we only play them once.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Nice game by Stan, too.... 16 pts, 6 boards, 7 steals, 2 blocks.... way to fill out the stat sheet.
3 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

RF1 wrote:The road win against Fordham caused our RPI to drop one spot. Good that we only play them once.
I bet our kenpom went up
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Nice game by Stan, too.... 16 pts, 6 boards, 7 steals, 2 blocks.... way to fill out the stat sheet.
As Dan has said, MVP of the team.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......can,t wait for Saturday.....got a little Rhody watch going in Siesta Key.......
2 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

1 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

section(105) wrote:......this just in.....we are pretty good.....film at 11......
and midnight, and 2 AM and every SportsCenter until about noon tomorrow... the advantages of being top 25
4 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RF1 wrote:
steviep123 wrote:BS charge. Exactly the same thing they called on Matthews. Either it’s a charge for both or blocking for both.

Thought the same. Stan stood his ground and was not moving.
Bill Koch tweeted that he was in the defensive circle:

Which I'll admit I'm not fully clear on that rule. The guy earlier on Matthews was still moving and not in the circle, so it should have been a block and 1 (Matthews had made the basket).
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Decent win.

Big game Saturday!

Go Rhody!
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Billyboy78 wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Nice game by Stan, too.... 16 pts, 6 boards, 7 steals, 2 blocks.... way to fill out the stat sheet.
As Dan has said, MVP of the team.
Absolutely MVP which is why I was so scared when he went to the floor holding his ankle in the 2nd half. Was great to see him back at full speed later on.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

Man what happened to the old Fordham Fans board? I must be out of the loop. I went to check out their page, and it looks like it fell apart Projo style.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I noticed too when I checked last night
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Let's not kid ourselves--we played like crap tonight. 15 turnovers against Fordham--not good at all. We played like we were ranked 44 in the AP Poll and not #24.
1 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Bos8 wrote:Man what happened to the old Fordham Fans board? I must be out of the loop. I went to check out their page, and it looks like it fell apart Projo style.
The story from the Fordham fans on the A10 board, is the board had so many trolls that they admins couldn't police it anymore and gave up. They have a new board that you have to register for to even read. they have a LONG rules page you have to agree to before you click the final OK. I feel for them as there have been times on here ( a fairly mild and intelligent group in general) can get rough for our admins to keep track.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Bos8 wrote:Man what happened to the old Fordham Fans board? I must be out of the loop. I went to check out their page, and it looks like it fell apart Projo style.

Their administrator got tired of moderating all the crap and shut it down. There is a link on the old site to a new site. You however have to register first before you are able to see content.

Link to new board
https://fuforum.createaforum.com/men's-basketball/
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

eli#10 wrote:Let's not kid ourselves--we played like crap tonight. 15 turnovers against Fordham--not good at all. We played like we were ranked 44 in the AP Poll and not #24.
I agree it wasn't our best game. But after the Dayton road win, and a surprising strong Duq coming into the Ryan Center Saturday this game was always a trap game. We won't win a lot of places the way the general team played tonight, but Berry picked it up to carry the team for a while, as at least one Ram has done each game this season.
1 x
Bos8
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Bos8 »

urirx wrote:
The story from the Fordham fans on the A10 board, is the board had so many trolls that they admins couldn't police it anymore and gave up. They have a new board that you have to register for to even read. they have a LONG rules page you have to agree to before you click the final OK. I feel for them as there have been times on here ( a fairly mild and intelligent group in general) can get rough for our admins to keep track.
That's wild. Thanks for the update. Did that happen recently? Just a bunch of negative fans?
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Who in the hell would be a Fordham fan?

If those people did exist, who would ever post about that team? The school doesn't invest in athletics. Therefore there's nothing worth rooting for.

Honestly I hate Fordham. The A10 needs to find a way to move them out. They only hurt the league.

That whole piece tonight on Rose Hill being a historic place. Vomit. Just because something is old as shit doesn't make it historic. It's the oldest gym in the NCAA because the school of FIFTEEN THOUSAND that charges FORTY SIX THOUSAND A YEAR won't invest in their athletics programs.

EDIT. I feel sick.

I just looked it up. You know what URI's endowment is? 125 million dollars.

You know what Fordham's endowment is? SEVEN HUNDRED AND TWENTY EIGHT MILLION.

Fuck them. God I hate them so much right now. They don't have the money to invest in ANYTHING related to this program? Christ.
Last edited by Blue Man 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
steviep123
Sly Williams

hrstrat57 wrote:Decent win.

Big game Saturday!

Go Rhody!
Saturday's game is sold out - this pops up on gorhody.com:
Capture.JPG
3 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

eli#10 wrote:Let's not kid ourselves--we played like crap tonight. 15 turnovers against Fordham--not good at all. We played like we were ranked 44 in the AP Poll and not #24.
We won by 20 on the road. Kenpom had us winning by 16 so we actually improved one spot "playing like crap"

Our magic number to clinch the regular season championship is now 9
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Blue Man wrote:

If those people did exist, who would ever post about that team? The school doesn't invest in athletics. Therefore there's nothing worth rooting for.

Honestly I hate Fordham. The A10 needs to find a way to move them out. They only hurt the league.

That whole piece tonight on Rose Hill being a historic place. Vomit. Just because something is old as shit doesn't make it historic. It's the oldest gym in the NCAA because the school of FIFTEEN THOUSAND that charges FORTY SIX THOUSAND A YEAR won't invest in their athletics programs.
I know Basketball is King in the A10 but they have a better football team then URI, and their Soccer made it to the Elite 8 in the college cup this year.

And every school has alumni. there are always people (prior to last year) who asked why I would bleed Keaney Blue.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

urirx wrote:
Blue Man wrote:

I know Basketball is King in the A10 but they have a better football team then URI, and their Soccer made it to the Elite 8 in the college cup this year.

And every school has alumni. there are always people (prior to last year) who asked why I would bleed Keaney Blue.
Their football team is in the Patriot League. That's where their whole athletic department belongs, it's a better fit for them and it gets rid of the dead weight for the A10
3 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Fordham plays pretty good defense, so they won't roll over easy. Kinda like us in the early dan years. They force a lot of turnovers on average so I can't be too upset with that.

Wish we could've beat them worse.

Every time we made a dumb play we'd make up for it with a top 25 play.

Isn't it great to watch us play and not worry about us losing?

8-0 :)
2 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
urirx wrote:
Blue Man wrote:

Their football team is in the Patriot League. That's where their whole athletic department belongs, it's a better fit for them and it gets rid of the dead weight for the A10
Yeah maybe if they move to the patriot league they could compete with the talent they have to actually build something they can be proud of.
Something other than seller dweller would be nice t them I'm sure.

They probably should have never fired Derek Wittenberg....
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

I'll say this, Fordham did impress me with their passing. Fortunately, our guards were plenty quick enough.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Going into tonight’s game we had split the last 10 games with Fordham 5-5. Not exactly a mandate.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

This isn't a knock on the guy at all, just an interesting thing that maybe speaks to our depth if it means anything...

Akele probably had his best game in his three years at URI four days ago, and tonight he plays 5 minutes in a blowout, takes and misses two shots, doesn't record one statistic - not even his customary foul per minute. Unless he got hurt and I missed it (I watched the game sporadically and on mute), his box score line stuck out considering he had finally got some praise here just a few days ago.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

If URI keeps winning through Richmond, every team in the A-10 will have lost the last time they played Rhody. As it stands now, this is their most recent result against A-10 opponents (dating back to last season where applicable):

Dayton: Win
Davidson: Win
Duquesne: Win
Fordham: Win
George Mason: Win
George Washington: Win
La Salle: Win
UMass: Win
Richmond: Loss
Saint Joseph's: Win
Saint Louis: Win
St. Bonaventure: Win
VCU: Win

Pretty damn impressive.
2 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

While we still have plenty of games left, it bears the question, when was the last time a A10 team went undefeated in conference play?
0 x
GO RAMS
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Rhodymob05 wrote:While we still have plenty of games left, it bears the question, when was the last time a A10 team went undefeated in conference play?
George Washington in 2005-06
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice to beat a bad team on the road by 20 and we didn't even play that great

On to Duquesne
1 x
DelroyIsMyHero
Michael Andersen

Unread post by DelroyIsMyHero »

It's hard to state just how important Stan is to this team. He is one of the hardest workers on the floor and is an absolute *glue guy*. He may not have the skillset or the ability to create his own shot like JT and EC, but he is absolutely made for March. Just look at that stat line tonight!
5 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Just for sh!ts and giggles I looked up our record for the 2005-2006 season, and we were perfect too - perfectly mediocre:

8-8 in A10
14-14 overall

A classic Baron season.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Fordham is not a good team and has no depth. Someday the Jesuits will learn that paying big money to a coach does not automatically make your program a winner which is a much more complicated task. By calling it historic Rose Hill they delude themselves into thinking this is something special. We just learned this week that URI old campus has been designated a national historic place and that includes old Rodman Hall which dates back to Rose Hill. But we moved on from Rodman and for 50 years called Keaney Gym home and now the Ryan Center. Meantime Fordham is still mired in Rose Hill. They will never have a great program unless that start taking solid actions including spending big bucks to build decent new arena. Otherwise they should move to the Patriot League.
3 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

SmartyBarrett wrote:If URI keeps winning through Richmond, every team in the A-10 will have lost the last time they played Rhody. As it stands now, this is their most recent result against A-10 opponents (dating back to last season where applicable):

Dayton: Win
Davidson: Win
Duquesne: Win
Fordham: Win
George Mason: Win
George Washington: Win
La Salle: Win
UMass: Win
Richmond: Loss
Saint Joseph's: Win
Saint Louis: Win
St. Bonaventure: Win
VCU: Win

Pretty damn impressive.
Wow!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Rhodekill
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodekill »

reef wrote:Nice to beat a bad team on the road by 20 and we didn't even play that great

On to Duquesne

this !!
1 x
"What happens next is going to be big and it's going to be beautiful "
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Obadiah wrote:Fordham is not a good team and has no depth. Someday the Jesuits will learn that paying big money to a coach does not automatically make your program a winner which is a much more complicated task. By calling it historic Rose Hill they delude themselves into thinking this is something special. We just learned this week that URI old campus has been designated a national historic place and that includes old Rodman Hall which dates back to Rose Hill. But we moved on from Rodman and for 50 years called Keaney Gym home and now the Ryan Center. Meantime Fordham is still mired in Rose Hill. They will never have a great program unless that start taking solid actions including spending big bucks to build decent new arena. Otherwise, they should move to the Patriot League.
Was thinking the same thing. Its a wonderful piece of history, but has no value as an A10 basketball arena. I know URI hasn't been a top of the league for long, but no team gets anything out of playing Fordham.
0 x
GO RAMS
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

SmartyBarrett wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:While we still have plenty of games left, it bears the question, when was the last time a A10 team went undefeated in conference play?
George Washington in 2005-06
They had the Papa in the middle.

Love the Delroy name.

Stan absolutely can create his own shot and I would argue he can create shots for others where even EC struggles.

I think its his willingness to fill in the margins and pick up the slack for EC/Jared that makes him special. (They both obviously shoot it much better than him from deep.)
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

If they didn't kick the bonnies out for the welding certificate issue, they are not going to kick FU out for being a lifetime bad team. aAso you have the complication of being a 13 team league. do we add another weak sister (siena, LIU other??) to make it even again or which of the other 13, all of whom have shown some level of life in the last decade, do you kick out?

now I will say you can't call it A10 basketball season if at least one thread doesn't go into the "why is Fordham not in the patriot league?" area
1 x