Week #12 - Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: Week #12 - Games of Interest

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Iona won as well!

Brown lost, but today was about as perfect as it gets.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Just for fun, I looked up the other undefeated teams in-conference:

Saint Mary’s (10-0)
East Tennessee State (9-0)
Louisiana (9-0)
Montana (9-0)
Purdue (9-0)
Rhode Island (9-0)
Virginia (9-0)
Buffalo (8-0)
Cincinnati (8-0)
Florida Gulf Coast (7-0)
Vermont (7-0)
New Mexico State (6-0)
Harvard/Penn (4-0, 3-0)
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

TruePoint wrote:
Obadiah wrote:Got lots of help from URI OOC opponents:

Florida Gulf Coast beat North Florida, 96-87 and moved their A-Sun record to 6-0.

UNC Asheville in a win over Gardner-Webb, 65-60.
Importantly regarding UNC-A, Radford picks up a tough road win at High Point in overtime to maintain their one game lead over several teams in the Big South. With their losses, Gardner-Webb and High Point drop to two games back, while UNC-A remained a game back. Winthrop and Campbell had road wins this week to keep pace with UNC-A one game back of Radford.

The regular season standings really matters in the Big South because after the higher seed hosts all the first round game, the highest remaining seed hosts each subsequent round, including the championship. So if UNC-A wins the regular season title, it will get to play the whole conference tournament on its own court. If it doesn't, after the first round it will play the rest of the games on Radford's or Winthrop's or whoever's home floor.

Because we want to see UNC-A get into the tournament and give us another win "against the field," it makes following the Big South kind of fun this year.
Updating this, Radford fell at home in overtime to Charleston Southern (not a contender in the league), while Winthrop beat Campbell and UNC-A defended its home court against High Point. The loss further separated High Point from the top of the standings, which fell to two games back. UNC-A is now in a three way tie for the league lead with Winthrop and Radford. Gardner Webb won to stay one game back, a position it now shares with Campbell.

As I mentioned above, because of the way the Big South tournament is structured, the league standings matter more than in most leagues. This should continue to be fun to follow.

Similarly, with Charleston's win over James Madison and Northeastern's loss to a struggling Drexel, Charleston moves into a first place tie in the CAA, along with William & Mary, which beat UNC-Wilmington.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Sunday action in the A-10:

George Washington at St. Bonaventure. 12 PM. On NBCSN. Good opportunity for the Bonnies to get back into race.

Richmond at Davidson. 2 PM. On NBCSN. The Spiders have won four straight conference games and look to be re-juvenated. The outcome here will tell us how real that is

In games involving URI OOC opponents:

Seton Hall at DePaul. 4PM. On CBSSN.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Am thinking all Top 25 games now should be considered "Games of Interest"...the vast majority are probably of more interest and actually more meaningful than other A10 games?
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

and the BIGGEST game of interest is our next game

Team has to avoid distractions about number of fans showing up, no need to distribute flyers in the dorms, the people will come

Focus only on the upcoming game - if Duquesne taught us nothing else. Great lesson for Hurley to leverage

Now lets just make the hotdogs faster and have enough of them

Maybe bring in Chic-Fil-A, McDonalds and Olneyville NY System for Concessions :lol: :lol:
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

ramster wrote:

Maybe bring in Chic-Fil-A, McDonalds and Olneyville NY System for Concessions :lol: :lol:
Great idea. How about building on this concept by putting in a food court concession area on west side of arena including a permanent large pub. The concession providers should feature many local products - Matunuck Oyster for stuffies, raw bar, fish & chips, Crazyburger for sliders, fries (with vinegar, of course) and burgers, Olneyville wieners, Del's lemonade, Brickley's ice cream, Narragansett wraps, Pasquale's for pizza, calzones and meatball, and sausage sandwiches. Add a touch of Mexican with Southwest Moe's etc.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Low scoring tilt at Olean, now 26-21, St. Bona at the half. Bad shooting all around and GW has 11 turnovers so far.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I tried to watch the Bona game but the camera was making me sick.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

St. Bonaventure has come out of the half roaring outscoring GW, 12-3, in the first 5 minutes of game. Lead now at 12. This is exactly what URI failed to do against Duquesne yesterday when after reducing the Dukes margin to six at half, the Rams came out cold and Duquesne built the lead to 15.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Final St. Bonaventure over GW, 70-52.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Duquesne is much better than GW tho. GW and Fordham probably have the lowest talent in league rt now.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

rambone 78 wrote:Khris Lane...remember him? goes for 25 and 12 in VCU's win today.....whatever has happened to Preston?

I guess we missed on that one....

UMass....have they quit?

St. Joes loses to Penn and the natives want Phil fired.....

Dayton shits the bed against St. Lou.......
Rambone,
No doubt Lane had a huge game yesterday, with a season high 12 rebounds and 25 points, but if you are going to make the statement "I guess we missed on that one..." then in good conscience you should include more than one game in that assessment.

Before yesterday his rebound high was 8, his points high was 17 vs North Florida and Appalachian State in game 2 and game 7 of the season
His 8 A10 Conference games before yesterday:
Rebounds: 3,2,1,0,0,0,1,4 = 11 rebounds in 8 games
So yesterday he equaled in one game what he got in his previous 8 A10 Games
Wonder what Mike Rhoades is thinking? Is Rhoades wondering why he didn't play him more minutes earlier? Who knows.

But back when we were looking at Lane, look at his recruiting thread, I said "no thanks" and caught quit a bit of questioning over it. We had him in (and it was late in the recruiting cycle) and the decision was made to go to VCU. Who knows all that went into that decision on both sides. Maybe DH would not commit to Playing Time as much as VCU, maybe Lane wanted to stay close to home, lots and lots of factors play in.
Remember, Lane is from Richmond. He played at Drexel and then Longwood and now VCU. He is a 5th year.
Lane was only a 5th year option. What does bringing in a guy like that do to team chemistry with Akele, Berry, Langevine, Layssard, Tertsea, Robinson (assuming URI would have played 2 Bigs with Lane). Same thing had to be considered with bringing Preston.

Watch this video of yesterday's win and look at Akele at the bottom of the pile how happy he is. Look at Mike Layssard at the 47 second mark of the video lifting up his T-Shirt to show Rhode Island on his uniform then rips his warm up T-Shirt off. Will Mike break into the starting line up next year? His Senior year? Who knows. But I love his attitude. I love the attitude of this team and Coaching staff.

VCU's next game is with us next Friday. That place will be rockin. Will be interesting to see if Lane gets a starting assignment or comes off the bench again. But in way I am glad Lane went off like this BEFORE we play them. Helps us to prepare. But it certainly adds to the intrigue of the game knowing that Lane considered URI as well.

The Big Men had their chances in Bahamas, Summer Practices, etc and Berry rose to the occasion to grab the starting spot. Would Lane have been better than Berry? Better than Langevine?

We are 17-3. Longest winning streak in over 70 years. 12 Straight Wins since EC returned to the Line up from injury.

Tough to question much of anything right now. Not that we shouldn't question, but it is pretty tough, no?

GO RHODY!!

0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I'm watching the Richmond-Davidson game since we'll be facing both of them. I know it's only the first half, but they both seem turnover prone. If we can shoot reasonably well (NOT 31%) we should be okay, tho' Davidson does play zone a lot.

It's nice to see URI in the Top 25 scores scroll at the bottom of the screen, though
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

If we're putting more weight on metrics at this point, then we want Davidson to win because we play them twice and only play Richmond once at home. If we're putting more weight on the conference standings then we want Richmond to win so we go at least three up on everyone in conference
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Rhody74 wrote:I'm watching the Richmond-Davidson game since we'll be facing both of them. I know it's only the first half, but they both seem turnover prone. If we can shoot reasonably well (NOT 31%) we should be okay, tho' Davidson does play zone a lot.

It's nice to see URI in the Top 25 scores scroll at the bottom of the screen, though
No worries about zone any more last time they stuck Dowtin in middle. I think we can attack zones now and hit the shots
0 x
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

Richmond downs Davidson 66-63

URI now has a 3 game lead in the A10
2 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Richmond won its fifth straight A-10 game as the Spiders rebounds from the bad loss to Fordham. Also, the Spiders showed good ball control today as they committed only 6 turnovers. So the Rams match-up with Richmond on Feb. 13 is taking on more significance for both teams
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Magic number to clinch the regular season championship is now 7.

We have the game at UMass, then we have the big three game stretch against all the teams bunched together with three losses. At VCU, bye, Davidson, Richmond. We could have the conference all but clinched on the 13th or we could give these teams some life.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

rambone 78 wrote:Don't know where to put this, but reading the A10 board....supposedly LaSalle might be looking to leave the A10 and join the MAAC....

If there's any truth to that....go and take Fordham with you.....
It makes some sense for La Salle to think about. If my math is right, next year is the last year they'll receive money from their sweet sixteen run and they've been 31-47 in the A10 since, and haven't had a year with a conference record above 500. If you haven't been able to make a leap in personnel, facilities, or both after that, when would you be able to?
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I don't know how these A-10 low enrollment schools with small venues generate enough revenue to sustain a good program. I imagine a big part of student fees go to their men's hoop programs. Given they are private, these details are not public and there is little opposition as students are kept in the dark.

LaSalle had their sweet 16 run winning earning three ncaa units (incl play in game win) in 2013. Their payout for that expires next year (six year payout of ncaa units). The ability to pay Dr G will get tougher. LaSalle has basically had just a single good season in over 25 years being a part of the A-10 and the prospects for the future do not look all that different. I therefore think it makes sense for them to examine their status and explore possible options. Their gym is at the bottom of the league (only Fordham is worse). They are probably more suited for the MAAC as they compare much better to its members and the cost of operations is much less.
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Is it effed up to say that Rhody is so much better than everyone in their conference that, non-Rhody A-10 games are almost hard to watch?
Is there a non-URI A-10 match-up this weekend or this week that is of more interest than #18 Clemson @ Ga Tech? (Let's go, Wreck!)

0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

What is the story with Richmond...normally a solid program...they had about as bad a non-con as you could ever have and now they have won 5 straight A10 games...that makes the league look so bad. Was someone injured at the start of the season, many new players to work in, get some players available after the exam break...what happened? I just looked and they have 7 freshman...but they also have a roster of 17...so I don't know who are walk-ons.
Last edited by RIFan 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The A10 has only 5 teams with an overall record over .500.

That is unprecedented.
0 x
Go Rhody
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote:What is the story with Richmond...normally a solid program...they had about as bad a non-con as you could ever have and now they have won 5 straight A10 games...that makes the league look so bad. Was someone injured at the start of the season, many new players to work in, get some players available after the exam break...what happened? I just looked and they have 7 freshman...but they also have a roster of 17...so I don't know who are walk-ons.
They are all freshman and sophomores. And doing a good job growing.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

It’s been a catastrophic series of events to put the league in such a crap place this year - coaching changes at 2 flagship programs, both Philly teams under performing (tho St Joes can blame injuries again), Bonnies underperforming, St Louis with promising young guys but still a year or two away, same for UMass...Fordham, Mason, GW bad as expected. Richmond abysmal in OOC. The only program exceeding expectations besides us is freakin Duquesne. It’s been a perfect storm.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Thanks...Just wish they had won a few more in non-con...they got their doors blown off a bunch. But you can see the margin of the losses got smaller as the non-con neared the end.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Comes down to recruiting. I said it last year. The other teams are just not recruiting players.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

It's hard to tell if Martelli has run his course at St Joes given the last two seasons have been devoured by the injury bug. I have to say I do like some of the young talent I have see at many of the A10 schools and wouldn't be surprised if we are back to a 3 bid league next year and maybe 4 soon after.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Love how the students are courtside at Gtech.
0 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

ramster wrote:
rambone 78 wrote:Khris Lane...remember him? goes for 25 and 12 in VCU's win today.....whatever has happened to Preston?

I guess we missed on that one....

UMass....have they quit?

St. Joes loses to Penn and the natives want Phil fired.....

Dayton shits the bed against St. Lou.......
Rambone,
No doubt Lane had a huge game yesterday, with a season high 12 rebounds and 25 points, but if you are going to make the statement "I guess we missed on that one..." then in good conscience you should include more than one game in that assessment.

Before yesterday his rebound high was 8, his points high was 17 vs North Florida and Appalachian State in game 2 and game 7 of the season
His 8 A10 Conference games before yesterday:
Rebounds: 3,2,1,0,0,0,1,4 = 11 rebounds in 8 games
So yesterday he equaled in one game what he got in his previous 8 A10 Games
Wonder what Mike Rhoades is thinking? Is Rhoades wondering why he didn't play him more minutes earlier? Who knows.

But back when we were looking at Lane, look at his recruiting thread, I said "no thanks" and caught quit a bit of questioning over it. We had him in (and it was late in the recruiting cycle) and the decision was made to go to VCU. Who knows all that went into that decision on both sides. Maybe DH would not commit to Playing Time as much as VCU, maybe Lane wanted to stay close to home, lots and lots of factors play in.
Remember, Lane is from Richmond. He played at Drexel and then Longwood and now VCU. He is a 5th year.
Lane was only a 5th year option. What does bringing in a guy like that do to team chemistry with Akele, Berry, Langevine, Layssard, Tertsea, Robinson (assuming URI would have played 2 Bigs with Lane). Same thing had to be considered with bringing Preston.

Watch this video of yesterday's win and look at Akele at the bottom of the pile how happy he is. Look at Mike Layssard at the 47 second mark of the video lifting up his T-Shirt to show Rhode Island on his uniform then rips his warm up T-Shirt off. Will Mike break into the starting line up next year? His Senior year? Who knows. But I love his attitude. I love the attitude of this team and Coaching staff.

VCU's next game is with us next Friday. That place will be rockin. Will be interesting to see if Lane gets a starting assignment or comes off the bench again. But in way I am glad Lane went off like this BEFORE we play them. Helps us to prepare. But it certainly adds to the intrigue of the game knowing that Lane considered URI as well.

The Big Men had their chances in Bahamas, Summer Practices, etc and Berry rose to the occasion to grab the starting spot. Would Lane have been better than Berry? Better than Langevine?

We are 17-3. Longest winning streak in over 70 years. 12 Straight Wins since EC returned to the Line up from injury.

Tough to question much of anything right now. Not that we shouldn't question, but it is pretty tough, no?

GO RHODY!!

I am on record as not being a fan of the Preston singing and nothing has happened to make me change my mind (but I would love it to be changed). If we do not have a good NCAA run, my fear is that it will be because of lack of front court depth...
Last edited by RIFan 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

We have a 2-headed interior solution, 1 can give us offense and eat space/fouls. The other can play above the rim and rebound with elite athletes if he can stay out of foul trouble. Nova the #1 team in the country lacks inside depth. It’s not like there was an allotment of great bigs ready to come to Rhody that Dan turned away. Chris Silva is the biggest what if of recent memory. It it’s not for lack of trying by our staff. Preston could be someone that makes a big leap next year and gives us 1 good season.
3 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

I am very aware we are trying to emulate 'Nova out of necessity. I guess the questions is...was 'Nova put together that way on purpose, or did they also miss out on the bigs on their list and just had to make do with what they had on the roster? Is this the new way to build a team and win?
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

RIFan wrote:I am very aware we are trying to emulate 'Nova out of necessity. I guess the questions is...was 'Nova put together that way on purpose, or did they also miss out on the bigs on their list and just had to make do with what they had on the roster? Is this the new way to build a team and win?
Who cares? We are 17-3 and 9-0 in conference and ranked 24, likely 20 tomorrow.
2 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Amen to that!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Am thinking all Top 25 games now should be considered "Games of Interest"...the vast majority are probably of more interest and actually more meaningful than other A10 games?
I don’t want to speak for Obadiah here, but tracking the entire top-25 every night would significantly increase the time required to do this, which is already significant. It also isn’t the point of the thread which goes back many, many years now.

I’m all for other posters tracking and posting results of specific games they find interesting for whatever reason in this thread - I’ve been trying to throw in some context around the UNC-A games, for example, because that conference race is kind of fun and UNC-A pulling out the regular season title would greatly increase its odds of winning the conference tournament - which we really want them to do. I’ve also tried to post when a top-25 team within striking distance of URI in the polls loses.

Also, not to be snarky, but just pointing out that every sports website on the internet will collect the results of the top-25 teams every night so if anyone is that interested, it is super easy to find.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RF1 wrote:I don't know how these A-10 low enrollment schools with small venues generate enough revenue to sustain a good program. I imagine a big part of student fees go to their men's hoop programs. Given they are private, these details are not public and there is little opposition as students are kept in the dark.

LaSalle had their sweet 16 run winning earning three ncaa units (incl play in game win) in 2013. Their payout for that expires next year (six year payout of ncaa units). The ability to pay Dr G will get tougher. LaSalle has basically had just a single good season in over 25 years being a part of the A-10 and the prospects for the future do not look all that different. I therefore think it makes sense for them to examine their status and explore possible options. Their gym is at the bottom of the league (only Fordham is worse). They are probably more suited for the MAAC as they compare much better to its members and the cost of operations is much less.
LaSalle was in the MAAC until 1989 or so, when they and Duquesne (an original Eastern Eight member) made the inexplicable decision to join the Midwestern Cities Conference. The MAAC would be a good home for both of these small Catholic schools.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

TruePoint wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Am thinking all Top 25 games now should be considered "Games of Interest"...the vast majority are probably of more interest and actually more meaningful than other A10 games?
I don’t want to speak for Obadiah here, but tracking the entire top-25 every night would significantly increase the time required to do this, which is already significant. It also isn’t the point of the thread which goes back many, many years now.

I’m all for other posters tracking and posting results of specific games they find interesting for whatever reason in this thread - I’ve been trying to throw in some context around the UNC-A games, for example, because that conference race is kind of fun and UNC-A pulling out the regular season title would greatly increase its odds of winning the conference tournament - which we really want them to do. I’ve also tried to post when a top-25 team within striking distance of URI in the polls loses.

Also, not to be snarky, but just pointing out that every sports website on the internet will collect the results of the top-25 teams every night so if anyone is that interested, it is super easy to find.
^ totally reasonable
0 x
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

I watched the Richmond vs Davidson game today. Grant Golden (redshirt Freshman) looks like he’s already one of the best players in the conference. Richmond has now won at VCU, at Duquesne and at Davidson during this 5 game winning streak. They are going to be a challenge as it seems their young lineup has figured it out.

It’s going to be an interesting A-10 tounrmenet. There’s probably 8 or 9 schools who feel they’re the second best team in the conference.
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Richmond starts a 5'9" freshman point guard which probably has a lot to do with their slow start to the season. It will be interesting to see him matched up with Fatts.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Richmond is a wierd team for sure but they are playing as well as anyone in conf now except for us

As far as Preston goes DH is very loyal to the guys in the rotation so it looks like we will have to wait to see him contribute until next season
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

How they perform in practice goes a long way toward playing time in games.

Fatts has obviously shown enough to get minutes as a freshman. And he's competing at a position that has plenty of competition.

Preston obviously has not. And he's competing at a position that doesn't have as much competition.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

With our bigs, in Dan's system, it is 100% about their ability to defend...and specifically their ability to defend the high pick n roll and awareness in rotations. Our entire defense is predicated by that. It's why he was hesitant to ever play Berry even though he knew he had great hands and could score in traffic. Our defensive philosophy is a team defense, 1 weak link and the entire strategy breaks down. I watched the Fordham game with a former coach who was marveling at our defensive pressure and switches, and said he hasn't seen many teams like that all year. With Preston I imagine that is largely what is holding him back. Plus Cyril excels on defensive end and rebounding, Andre on offensive end. Ryan is in the middle, not highly skilled on offensive side nor defensive side as either of those guys, so for now he is used in 'break glass in case of emergency' situations.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

^ And, as we've seen with this team, it is possible to go from 'break glass' one year to 'starter' the next...
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

URI2006_Andy wrote:I watched the Richmond vs Davidson game today. Grant Golden (redshirt Freshman) looks like he’s already one of the best players in the conference. Richmond has now won at VCU, at Duquesne and at Davidson during this 5 game winning streak. They are going to be a challenge as it seems their young lineup has figured it out.

It’s going to be an interesting A-10 tounrmenet. There’s probably 8 or 9 schools who feel they’re the second best team in the conference.
I saw this game, too. I like Golden as well. He's not super athletic, but he shoots well and works hard on defense. In fact, the whole team plays defense with intensity. They are young, though, so we should be able to disrupt their offense.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Magic number to clinch the regular season championship is now 7.

We have the game at UMass, then we have the big three game stretch against all the teams bunched together with three losses. At VCU, bye, Davidson, Richmond. We could have the conference all but clinched on the 13th or we could give these teams some life.
It's nice that we get the "bye" you mention between @VCU and two home games, Davidson and Richmond. Team gets some rest at home and a week to scout / prep for Davidson. As hot as Richmond has been, it will also be good for the staff to get a head start on prep for that one too.
0 x
Ramrod
Kenny Green

Unread post by Ramrod »

bigappleram wrote:We have a 2-headed interior solution, 1 can give us offense and eat space/fouls. The other can play above the rim and rebound with elite athletes if he can stay out of foul trouble. Nova the #1 team in the country lacks inside depth. It’s not like there was an allotment of great bigs ready to come to Rhody that Dan turned away. Chris Silva is the biggest what if of recent memory. It it’s not for lack of trying by our staff. Preston could be someone that makes a big leap next year and gives us 1 good season.
If only we landed the man, the myth, the legend...Rokas Gustys!!!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ramrod wrote:
bigappleram wrote:We have a 2-headed interior solution, 1 can give us offense and eat space/fouls. The other can play above the rim and rebound with elite athletes if he can stay out of foul trouble. Nova the #1 team in the country lacks inside depth. It’s not like there was an allotment of great bigs ready to come to Rhody that Dan turned away. Chris Silva is the biggest what if of recent memory. It it’s not for lack of trying by our staff. Preston could be someone that makes a big leap next year and gives us 1 good season.
If only we landed the man, the myth, the legend...Rokas Gustys!!!
Or the invisible Greek kid.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Ramrod wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:Magic number to clinch the regular season championship is now 7.

It's nice that we get the "bye" you mention between @VCU and two home games, Davidson and Richmond. Team gets some rest at home and a week to scout / prep for Davidson. As hot as Richmond has been, it will also be good for the staff to get a head start on prep for that one too.
The downside is VCU is having their bye now, preparing for us
0 x