Terrell versus Mobley

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
bwerner10
Steve Chubin

Terrell versus Mobley

Unread post by bwerner10 »

Watching Terrell, his current season is very reminiscent of Mobley's senior season. A quick look at JT's stats post Dayton game versus Mobley complete regular season stats is similar:

Points - JT 18. 4 / CM 17.2

3-PT % - JT .419 / CM .416

Ast. - 2.4 / 2.6

FT % - .861 / .856

Increase In YOY Scoring Avg. - +5.7 points / +5 points
3 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Re: Terrell versus Mobley

Unread post by CTRamfan »

Having watched URI as a season ticket holder for 33 years, that is a fair comparison. But Terrell reminds me more of Garrick because of his defense.
1 x
SGreenwell
Sly Williams

Unread post by SGreenwell »

Similar stats, but Mobley was quite a bit better because the A-10 was much stronger his senior year. URI was 12-4, and Mobley's advanced stats are incredible. I also just think they play pretty different from one another, even if some of the stats match.
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

He's kinda like Marcus Smart was at Okie State.
1 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

IMO Mobley is far more like a much better version of E.C Matthews. Both are Lefty shooting guards.

Although he is stronger then Matthews and imo had a better handle. BY his senior year Mobley would often post up smaller guards and rarely had the issues with turnovers during drives that at times plague E.C

J.T is more of his own player... Deserves enormous credit improving his shot every year. IN this case he is very much like Cat.

I actually wonder if he is one of the ultra rare guys who grows a perceivable amount after starting college (I think he was a young freshmen). I recall being near him during his first year here and noticing he was clearly shorter the i am (just a tad under 6ft 3 in shoes). At that time i would have guessed he was no more then barely 6ft 1in and very possibly closer to 6ft 0 with no shoes. Last few years I've yet to get such a good comparative view again but it does seem like he is now roughly as tall as me, maybe even slightly taller.
3 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Very different players. By mid to end of his senior year Cuttino was dam near unstoppable. He had an NBA type game, he could get his shot off no matter how you played him, tight handle and a pure jump shot. He torched Paul Pierce head to head. And as SG says the league was much better.

That said Jared is having a phenomenal year, and IMO will win POY hands down when it's all said and done.
1 x
Mongo
ARD

Unread post by Mongo »

Jared’s defense gives him the edge, definitely see him in an NBA uniform.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I don't like the comparison either except for the stats being similar

Cat was made for the NBA and had a nice long career there where I think JT may have a shot to make a roster but his game may not translate to the NBA level
1 x