Dayton Game Watch Party @ George's

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Dayton Game Watch Party @ George's

Unread post by PeteRI »

Is anyone going? And do they have enough TVs to make it worthwhile?

(I do know the food has improved to the point where it's actually worth going just for the grub.)
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: Dayton Game Watch Party @ George's

Unread post by rambone 78 »

They have a special all this month.....if you buy an entrée at regular price, the others in your party can order at 1948 prices....the year they opened.

Chowder and half dozen clam cakes for $1.00, lobster rolls or fish and chips for $4.00 among other items.

Just have to tip out at normal prices......still a pretty good deal!
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

So, is this a good place to watch a game?
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......unless Kevin has brought in big screen TV/s, just for the nite, the upstairs “Channel Lounge” previously had multiple small screen sets all with the game on.....not great detail viewing.....past apps for an hour(previously).....this was my take last time I went.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

section(105) wrote:......unless Kevin has brought in big screen TV/s, just for the nite, the upstairs “Channel Lounge” previously had multiple small screen sets all with the game on.....not great detail viewing.....past apps for an hour(previously).....this was my take last time I went.....
You're talking me out of it.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

rambone 78 wrote:They have a special all this month.....if you buy an entrée at regular price, the others in your party can order at 1948 prices....the year they opened.

Chowder and half dozen clam cakes for $1.00, lobster rolls or fish and chips for $4.00 among other items.

Just have to tip out at normal prices......still a pretty good deal!
I heard about that special. Pretty enticing -- but are the TVs from 1948 too? ;)
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

Iggy1979 wrote:
section(105) wrote:......unless Kevin has brought in big screen TV/s, just for the nite, the upstairs “Channel Lounge” previously had multiple small screen sets all with the game on.....not great detail viewing.....past apps for an hour(previously).....this was my take last time I went.....
You're talking me out of it.
......keeping it real.....they recently remolded the upstairs function room, not sure if this included big screen sets......their virtual tour shows the upstairs Lounge TV/s......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Okay here's a tip for everybody who's thinking of going to a future watch party - get there early! I arrived 15 minutes before tip-off and there wasn't a single seat left in the expanded upstairs area.

I know George's is running a ridiculous special all month, but the vast majority of people upstairs were wearing URI gear. It looks like this program has really turned a corner!
3 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Would be interesting to hear how this went
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I want to know how the tv's are. Georges is not really a sports bar, which is all about tv's. Do they have big screen tv's?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Photos I saw looked like a very packed house. Agree another great sign as to the groundswell and excitement around the program. I expect a lot of Rhody fans in the Bronx on Wednesday.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

theblueram wrote:I want to know how the tv's are. Georges is not really a sports bar, which is all about tv's. Do they have big screen tv's?
No, the TVs are not very big. They're used to playing music up there ... not URI games. But that's gonna change!
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

PeteRI wrote:
theblueram wrote:I want to know how the tv's are. Georges is not really a sports bar, which is all about tv's. Do they have big screen tv's?
No, the TVs are not very big. They're used to playing music up there ... not URI games. But that's gonna change!
I was thinking about going but that was my concern, whether I could see the game or not. If the TV's get upgraded I'm there for the next away game.
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

theblueram wrote:I was thinking about going but that was my concern, whether I could see the game or not. If the TV's get upgraded I'm there for the next away game.
I doubt they will add bigger TVs. The space really isn't configured for that. I'd still like to go to an away game party there - just need to get there a lot earlier!
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

EZBuckets working the crowd at George's just like at the Ryan Center. Starts a Rhody Rhody Rhody chant.
4 x