2018 Atlantic 10 Tournament - Washington, D.C.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ram1980
Art Stephenson

2018 Atlantic 10 Tournament - Washington, D.C.

Unread post by ram1980 »

I know its early, but my wife and I are thinking about going to this years tourney. Does URI offer any kind of package that would include tickets transportation and hotel
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Re: 2017 Atlantic - 10 Tournament - Pittsburgh

Unread post by section(105) »

......according to a rep at the Alumni Association, I spoke to at the Brooklyn bus trip, they are not doing anything......suppose that could change but doubt it......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

There must be, I’m sure something will develope, we are the best team in the conference for goodness sakes.
0 x
GO RAMS
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote:There must be, I’m sure something will develope, we are the best team in the conference for goodness sakes.
......there is an upcoming URI/Alumni type gathering in Sarasota later in a January, and I will ask the rep(s) again.....Yep, agree that someone would cobble together a package.....
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Everyone is aware it’s in DC this year though right?
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Blue Man wrote:Everyone is aware it’s in DC this year though right?
LOL. I was just looking up flights to Pittsburgh. Thanks Blueman.
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Just take the train to DC
Or fly or drive but the train is simple.
You can get tickets through URI for the Tournament
1 x
89er
Michael Andersen

A10 Championships- Wash DC

Unread post by 89er »

I just booked my flights to DC today. Does anyone have any idea which hotel the team is staying at?
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: A10 Championships- Wash DC

Would anyone mind listing a link or info for ticket/tournament information?
0 x
GO RAMS
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: A10 Championships- Wash DC

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: 2018 Atlantic 10 Tournament - Washington, D.C.

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Thx Sec208 for the Google assist. We even had a thread for this too. Merged this new one with the existing...
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody_JAM
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody_JAM »

There were/are really cheap ($120) southwest flights (direct roundtrip) from PVD to Reagan from Thursday morning to Monday morning. A group of 10 of my college buddies and our significant others already purchased our tickets. Jump on it while its hot. We are looking into places as well. Hopefully we can set up a URI bar down there for in between the games and sight seeing. DC is a blast.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody_JAM wrote:There were/are really cheap ($120) southwest flights (direct roundtrip) from PVD to Reagan from Thursday morning to Monday morning. A group of 10 of my college buddies and our significant others already purchased our tickets. Jump on it while its hot. We are looking into places as well. Hopefully we can set up a URI bar down there for in between the games and sight seeing. DC is a blast.
Also for those really on a budget (students who we really want to make the trip) you can fly into Baltimore - usually a sub $100 flight for Southwest - and take the 40 minute train down to DC. Just a thought!
0 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

The team is staying at the JW Marriott. Check out the Embassy Suites which I and a couple of others booked a few days ago and is a few blocks from the JW and the Capital One Arena.
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

eli#10 wrote:The team is staying at the JW Marriott. Check out the Embassy Suites which I and a couple of others booked a few days ago and is a few blocks from the JW and the Capital One Arena.
eli - is that the Embassy Suites DC Convention Center? If so, I stayed there 2 years ago for a conference. Great location, and probably about 10 min walk to the venue. The hotel bar/restaurant was good and there are plenty of places to eat and drink. City Tap House is pretty cool:

http://www.pennquarter.citytap.com/

Personally, I was hoping to do the trip either solo or with the wife and daughter, but my wife doesn't want to do it with a 2 year old so we may head to Miami instead for the week (with the caveat that I'd be free to watch the games). If I do make it to DC, I would certainly love to meet up with the keaneyblue folks!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
URIFIJI
Kenny Green

Unread post by URIFIJI »

Locked and loaded for Westin on M Street.

Lots of bars all within walking distance.

F Shitty Jim

Go Rams
2 x
Phen Egap
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Phen Egap »

Wife and I are going to Washington, taking the train round trip from Connecticut $140 each. Check out Air BNB for accommodations lots of modest priced options.
What a great time to be a Rhody Fan!
2 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

That is the one Stevie.
1 x
89er
Michael Andersen

Unread post by 89er »

JW Marriott is $300 a night and 9 blocks from arena. Fairfield Inn Suites is $210 and 1 block away. Looks like a nice bar too!
0 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Free breakfast and happy hour at Embassy Suites.........
2 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

First time going to tourney for wife and me... Southwest flights $150 each and Hilton garden for hotel.. Long weekender deal... Rhody rhody rhody
0 x
ram1980
Art Stephenson

Unread post by ram1980 »

What is the best way to get game tickets?? Really only interested in going to URI game(s)
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ram1980 wrote:What is the best way to get game tickets?? Really only interested in going to URI game(s)
I looked on A10 site. You can buy tickets for individual sessions (which have multiple games) for $20 per session. You can’t buy tickets for individual games. They don’t clear the arena after each game. There are 7 sessions. You could buy just the 3 sessions URI would be in (quarterfinal 1, semifinals & finals).
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Last year, bought tix for the first session Rhody is in, from the site.
After that, lots available as teams are eliminated. ..as Team "A" is getting eliminated, just look for a fan wearing Team A gear.
We got tix to the finals last year for $10 apiece...
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I wish we could go, but our oldest has a birthday ending in a zero that weekend. As much as I love the Rams, family comes first.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Rhody74 wrote:I wish we could go, but our oldest has a birthday ending in a zero that weekend. As much as I love the Rams, family comes first.
What better way to celebrate than a trip to the A10 tourney? (Says the guy who is also not going because he has a 2 year old)
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Last year, bought tix for the first session Rhody is in, from the site.
After that, lots available as teams are eliminated. ..as Team "A" is getting eliminated, just look for a fan wearing Team A gear.
We got tix to the finals last year for $10 apiece...
Hopefully I don't jinx it...but the Rams are looking at the Friday afternoon slot for their first game. :D :D :D
I booked a room in Arlington yesterday for Friday and Saturday nights.
1 x
mrhodesnyy
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by mrhodesnyy »

I went to Pittsburgh last year with a group of friends. We're rolling it back again this year. Anyone staying at the Grand Hyatt?
1 x
Rhody1988
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Rhody1988 »

Flying out of Hartford on Thursday and back on Monday. (both to/from Reagan) Saving a lot of $$$$ doing this vs PVD or Logan.
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

section(105) wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:There must be, I’m sure something will develope, we are the best team in the conference for goodness sakes.
......there is an upcoming URI/Alumni type gathering in Sarasota later in a January, and I will ask the rep(s) again.....Yep, agree that someone would cobble together a package.....
......update, they are not doing anything, confirmed again yesterday.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I think there are a number of issues with URI coordinating
First you do now know when we play and when we do not play
Tournament is Wednesday through Sunday
We most probably do not play Wednesday or Thursday but some Fans may want to go for the whole Tournament - enjoy DC - mini vacation
We likely play Friday afternoon but then we must win. Then play Sat and Sunday but we must win on Saturday
Too many unknowns for the School to Schedule the trip
Buy your tickets, select your hotel, take the train, plane or car and enjoy the heck out of this
It's not Like Fordham and Umass where you do not need hotels and you just take the bus
URI did not do anything for Sacramento - fans arranged on their own but did know where the team was staying and there were Pre-Game Events for Alumni
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

ramster wrote:I think there are a number of issues with URI coordinating
We most probably do not play Wednesday or Thursday but some Fans may want to go for the whole Tournament - enjoy DC - mini vacation
We likely play Friday afternoon but then we must win. Then play Sat and Sunday but we must win on Saturday
Buy your tickets, select your hotel, take the train, plane or car and enjoy the heck out of this
It's not Like Fordham and Umass where you do not need hotels and you just take the bus
URI did not do anything for Sacramento - fans arranged on their own but did know where the team was staying and there were Pre-Game Events for Alumni
Untrue about Sacramento. URI did coordinate tickets, hotel and you could pay to fly on the chartered plane.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody83 wrote:
ramster wrote:I think there are a number of issues with URI coordinating
Untrue about Sacramento. URI did coordinate tickets, hotel and you could pay to fly on the chartered plane.
My bad Rhody83
But you can buy your A10 Ticket Packages from the URI Ticket Office
For Sacramento you had a lot of people flying in from all over and you could book the Hotel yourself and a lot of people stayed in separate hotels and then came to the Team Hotel before and/or after the games.

DC is easy to get to. There will be a lot of empty seats available because there are 14 teams involved so ticket availability should not be an issue
The Hotel has already been communicated but fans are staying at different hotels based on price, location, status in Hotel Chain Loyalty Programs, etc

DC will be great
Never have we gone to a A10 Tournament as the Favorite
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

The magic number for a bye is 2, and it's 4 for the double bye
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody_JAM
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Rhody_JAM »

This is my first time going to the A10 tournament. I was wondering if anyone knew how purchasing single game tickets work? Is there a URI specific section if you buy single game tickets? Also, I was looking on the A10 website and went to ticket master. I saw the tickets are $20 a session, but did not understand how the ticket locations correspond to the seating chart. For example ticket seat says section: LW1 and row: GA0, while seating chart is labeled as sections 100 - 229. My goal is to have all the URI sessions purchased once the seeding is known. I may make it to a few other games of interest.
1 x
Cameron_Dollar
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Cameron_Dollar »

You can walk up to ticket window right before the game and buy individual game tickets for every session. Most sessions will not even come close to selling out. Get your travel and lodging squared away and don't give game tickets a second thought. There will also be plenty of hawkers selling tickets outside of the building. They will give you their card with a cell number and you can call or text and meet them before the game. They generally buy tickets from fans of losing teams. URI does have packages reserved for high end donors as well they should; but laziness and or ineptitude prevents them from offering alternate packages.
0 x
jmck
Lamar Odom

Unread post by jmck »

Rhody_JAM wrote:This is my first time going to the A10 tournament. I was wondering if anyone knew how purchasing single game tickets work? Is there a URI specific section if you buy single game tickets? Also, I was looking on the A10 website and went to ticket master. I saw the tickets are $20 a session, but did not understand how the ticket locations correspond to the seating chart. For example ticket seat says section: LW1 and row: GA0, while seating chart is labeled as sections 100 - 229. My goal is to have all the URI sessions purchased once the seeding is known. I may make it to a few other games of interest.
The seeding will be known by this Friday. If URI beats Davidson then I don't see how they can lose a 4 game lead with 6 to go absent of Jim Baron going full Nick Cage in Faceoff and swapping faces with Dan Hurley. This would give URI the 1 seed and the 12:00 game on Friday of the A10 and then a 1:00 or 1:30 start on Saturday in the semi's.

I agree with other posters who said that you can walk up to the window and buy tickets the day off. I bought tickets to the 2015 tourney in Brooklyn through ticketmaster and they just left me a VM trying to get me to buy them this year so I can't imagine that sales are going all that great.
3 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Yep, I got a sales call from the A-10 yesterday RE: tickets as well. Sounds like sales are slow, which makes sense in a down year for the league.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I believe both semifinal games are one ticket. So the only session would be the quarters.
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Can I buy a $20 ticket and move to the $89 ticket section? I’m looking to go for the semi final/final game assuming they win the first game.
0 x
GO RAMS
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

probably friday you can, will get tough the following games
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I'm thinking the conference wants the lower arena to be as filled as possible for purposes of the images on television....thereby making moving down a more palatable thing for the conference to allow.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I think it will depend on the arena. Do they have ushers checking tickets for the lower sections?
I think the lower seats will probably be close to full for the semis since it is one ticket for both games.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Given Rhode Island has clinched the Number 1 seed for the tournament, I think this is the schedule of its possible games:

Friday, March 9 at Capital One Arena Washington, DC
Game 7: 1 seed 12:00 PM NBC Sports Network (afternoon session-1)

Saturday, March 10 at Capital One Arena Washington, DC
Game 11: Game 7 Winner vs Game 8 Winner 1:00 PM CBS Sports Network

Sunday, March 12 at Capital One Arena Washington, DC
Game 13: Championship Game 1:00 PM CBS
0 x
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

Unread post by wgracie99 »

Just booked the Henley for Friday and Saturday. Since a trip to the ncaa's will probably be out of my $$ reach (unless someone wants to share the upcoming winning lottery #'s) I'll enjoy a drive down to DC with my wife.
1 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Noon time game on Friday--better leave real early if you are driving from RI.
1 x
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

eli#10 wrote:Noon time game on Friday--better leave real early if you are driving from RI.
Leaving from Northboro Ma around 2:00am.
1 x
wgracie99
Jeff Kent

It"s either $20 or $89 (for tickets on ends)? I guess we'll just go at game time and get them there or from someone looking to sell theirs.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x