Week #11 - Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5574
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1165

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 4 weeks ago

Josh Ayeni has reportedly been suspended for 3 games due to “violation of team rules.” That team is likely to have so many regrets when they look back at this season.
0 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

User avatar
ElmCityRhody
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1615
Joined: 5 years ago
x 204

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby ElmCityRhody » 4 weeks ago

Davidson looks pretty good
0 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2881
Joined: 5 years ago
x 689

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody74 » 4 weeks ago

ElmCityRhody wrote:Davidson looks pretty good


They lead the Bonnies by 4 at the half, 41-37. This game makes me appreciate how well URI plays defense. Both teams have had numerous wide open looks.
0 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

User avatar
theblueram
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3213
Joined: 5 years ago
x 856

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby theblueram » 4 weeks ago

Bye bye Bonnies bye bye
1 x

urirx
Jimmy Baron
Posts: 414
Joined: 5 years ago
x 207

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby urirx » 4 weeks ago

@davidson is going to be a scary game. well coached. going to be a tough way to end the season
0 x

josephski
Art Stephenson
Posts: 915
Joined: 3 years ago
x 316

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby josephski » 4 weeks ago

Kind of interesting to read the SLU board, a lot of the fans seem to think the players are innocent.

Also cmon Bonnie’s, start playing like a tournament team!
0 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney
Posts: 10578
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1252

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby rambone 78 » 4 weeks ago

Davidson's the new number 2 it looks like....Bonnies were overrated.
0 x

User avatar
Rhode_Island_Red
Art Stephenson
Posts: 845
Joined: 5 years ago
x 311

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhode_Island_Red » 4 weeks ago

urirx wrote:@davidson is going to be a scary game. well coached. going to be a tough way to end the season


Stan saved our season in that game last year, coming out of nowhere and blocking what looked like a wide-open layup at the buzzer and forcing overtime.

If he never did another thing, he'd still be one of my all-time favorites just for that one play.
6 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2881
Joined: 5 years ago
x 689

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody74 » 4 weeks ago

rambone 78 wrote:Davidson's the new number 2 it looks like....Bonnies were overrated.

Davidson is a legit number 2. Disciplined and well coached. If we don't shoot the ball well against them, we'll lose. Regarding the Bonnies, as good as they are, Adams and Mobley seem to disappear at the worst times.
0 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

Rhody83
Art Stephenson
Posts: 817
Joined: 3 years ago
x 339

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody83 » 4 weeks ago

Bonnies are done. 0-4 in A10 road games. Can’t win without defense.
1 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5574
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1165

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 4 weeks ago

I find the reactions of Saint Louis fans on their message board not at all interesting and completely predictable. No one knows the facts outside of the case, but the default of fans in these situations tends to be, “of course our boys are innocent, we know bitches lie anyway.”
6 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5574
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1165

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 4 weeks ago

It seems like a long time ago that Bona fans were all upset about anyone saying Rhode Island has a better backcourt than them. They’ll have to work to get into position to get that first round bye.
4 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

User avatar
rhodysurf
Jimmy Baron
Posts: 477
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Wakefield
x 303

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby rhodysurf » 4 weeks ago

ace wrote:I find the reactions of Saint Louis fans on their message board not at all interesting and completely predictable. No one knows the facts outside of the case, but the default of fans in these situations tends to be, “of course our boys are innocent, we know bitches lie anyway.”


That thread is an actual cesspool.
2 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 4 weeks ago

Davidson is a three point happy team as the Cats put in 14-33. Their freshman guard from Boston, Kellan Grady, alone made 10 attempts - he took ten treys and two lay-ups. To win against Davidson, URI must shoot the ball well and play their usual tight defense, limit the perimeter offense. Davidson basically uses a six man rotation, so the key is to get them ragged enough to commit turnovers. They had 11 against the Bonnies. We need to pressure them to commit 15+.
1 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 4 weeks ago

Brown made a second half push against Yale to eek out a win, 81-80,

Iona also won a tight game at Monmouth, 76-73, to bring their conference record to 6-1.
0 x

Rhody15
Tom Garrick
Posts: 1256
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Rhode Island
x 519

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody15 » 4 weeks ago

Remember when some people thought St Bonnie’s had a better backcourt than us?

That was funny.
3 x
Go Rhody

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3858
Joined: 5 years ago
x 675

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby reef » 4 weeks ago

Looks like Davidson will be our stiffest challenge to get that league title . They are 5-1 and we need to beat them
0 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 4 weeks ago

Saturday action in the A-10, in addition to URI at Dayton, 1 PM. On CBSSN:

George Washington at VCU. 12:30 PM. ON NBCSN.

Fordham at Saint Joseph's. 1 PM.

Saint Louis at UMass. 2 PM.

La Salle at Richmond. 2:30 PM. On NBCSN.

George Mason at Duquesne. 4:30 PM. On NBCSN.


Among URI OOC opponents:

Holy Cross at Bucknell. 12 PM.

#11 Xavier at #19 Seton Hall. 2:30 PM. On Fox.

Creighton at PC. 3 PM. On CBSSN.

Hofstra at Charleston. 4 PM.

Florida Gulf Coast at Kennesaw State. 4:30 PM. On ESPN3.

Mississippi State at Alabama. 8:30 PM. On SECN.

Boise State at Nevada. 10 PM. On ESPU.
0 x

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 4333
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1340

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 4 weeks ago

urirx wrote:@davidson is going to be a scary game. well coached. going to be a tough way to end the season


Hopefully we've already locked up the number one seed by that point
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

User avatar
RF1
Sly Williams
Posts: 4481
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1045

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby RF1 » 4 weeks ago

Obadiah wrote:Brown made a second half push against Yale to eek out a win, 81-80,

Iona also won a tight game at Monmouth, 76-73, to bring their conference record to 6-1.




These wins last night helped increase URI's OOC strength of schedule to #3. The staff did a great job in selecting its opponents.
3 x

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 4053
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1397

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby bigappleram » 4 weeks ago

The thing about Davidson...is that we are not a good matchup for them.
Yes Aldridge will score against us and presents a problem, probably more Cyril and even Akele in that game, and less Berry.

That said, a team with a young back court, average athleticism, no depth and that wants to play a finesse game is a bad matchup against these Rhody Rams. I can't see how their back court handles our pressure for a full 40 minutes and comes out on top.
2 x

User avatar
Da_Process_Survivor
Art Stephenson
Posts: 994
Joined: 3 years ago
x 974

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Da_Process_Survivor » 4 weeks ago

bigappleram wrote:The thing about Davidson...is that we are not a good matchup for them.
Yes Aldridge will score against us and presents a problem, probably more Cyril and even Akele in that game, and less Berry.

That said, a team with a young back court, average athleticism, no depth and that wants to play a finesse game is a bad matchup against these Rhody Rams. I can't see how their back court handles our pressure for a full 40 minutes and comes out on top.


This.

I'm not worried about Davidson. Our guards are too good and too athletic for them. They rely on perimeter points and they aren't about to run around us
1 x
---
The ghosts have been exorcized! Praise be to Hurley
---

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 6084
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: San Diego, CA
x 1512

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby adam914 » 4 weeks ago

We are about to embark on a stretch very similar to what the Bonnies just had. 4 out of 5 conference games on the road, although the only common opponent is Dayton. It'll be interesting to see how we come out of that stretch compared to how the Bonnies did.
0 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

User avatar
RF1
Sly Williams
Posts: 4481
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1045

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby RF1 » 4 weeks ago

adam914 wrote:We are about to embark on a stretch very similar to what the Bonnies just had. 4 out of 5 conference games on the road, although the only common opponent is Dayton. It'll be interesting to see how we come out of that stretch compared to how the Bonnies did.



You are very right. URI has started off the A-10 schedule with a very favorable schedule. Bonnies on the other hand have not. SBU has already had to play at Dayton, URI, and Davidson.
1 x

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 6084
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: San Diego, CA
x 1512

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby adam914 » 4 weeks ago

RF1 wrote:
adam914 wrote:We are about to embark on a stretch very similar to what the Bonnies just had. 4 out of 5 conference games on the road, although the only common opponent is Dayton. It'll be interesting to see how we come out of that stretch compared to how the Bonnies did.



You are very right. URI has started off the A-10 schedule with a very favorable schedule. Bonnies on the other hand have not. SBU has already had to play at Dayton, URI, and Davidson.


Yep, exactly. To me this stretch is going to tell us a lot.
0 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

josephski
Art Stephenson
Posts: 915
Joined: 3 years ago
x 316

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby josephski » 4 weeks ago

ace wrote:I find the reactions of Saint Louis fans on their message board not at all interesting and completely predictable. No one knows the facts outside of the case, but the default of fans in these situations tends to be, “of course our boys are innocent, we know bitches lie anyway.”

That’s generally not the default of fans in cases that involve sexual assault. Most people realize that’s a pretty serious accusation. Remember what happened with Chris Jones of Louisville a few years ago? Well turns out “bitches lie” sometimes. I’m not saying these SLU players are outstanding model citizens but suspending players for one and half to two years seems really odd if the players are actually guilty.
0 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 4 weeks ago

Before the start of today's UConn-Villanova game, security at Hartford's XL Center confiscated a sign held by a fan that read FIRE OLLIE.
1 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 4 weeks ago

OOC results so far:

Bucknell routs Holy Cross, 77-56.

#11 Xavier comes back from halftime deficit to beat #19 Seton Hall, 73-64.

PC beats Creighton, 85-71.
0 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 4 weeks ago

Charleston struggled mightily for a good portion of its home game versus Hofsta, but eventually the Cougars were able to gain control to win, 76-70.
0 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5574
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1165

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 4 weeks ago

Kevin Willard is losing control of his Pirates. Not winning and dealing with off-court stuff.
0 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

User avatar
Blue Man
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2708
Joined: 5 years ago
x 2263

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Blue Man » 4 weeks ago

Obadiah wrote:Before the start of today's UConn-Villanova game, security at Hartford's XL Center confiscated a sign held by a fan that read FIRE OLLIE.


Not to derail this thread, but the finances seem like firing Ollie this year would be extremely difficult.

UConn, whether they like it or not, has committed to being a football school, at the peril of their basketball program. Football drives the bus there.

Because of that, they just paid (or still owe) Diaco 3.4 million as a buyout after he got fired and broke the bank.

Randy Edsall came back on an incentive-laden deal, which to me tells me they don’t have a lot of capital laying around.

Kevin Ollie is signed through 2022 and if he were fired this year, UConn owes him 10.75 million. 2 million of which would have to come from that cash strapped state.

Also, their 2 best players have been hurt all year. This would be like URI fans chanting fire Hurley during the EC/Hass injury year.

As an aside, UConn is the only job that scares me if open. Dan does command a 1.5 million dollar buy out, and if he’s leaving he’s not going to want an incentive laden deal.

Based on finances I’m just not sure UConn can afford to fire anyone for the next year or so at least. Rough optics to pay out 15-16 mil in dead money over 2 years before you even hire the new basketball coach - especially when the one you’re firing won you a national title in the not so distant past.
1 x
Rhode Island Born
Rhode Island Bred
this team will give me heart attacks
til I'm Rhode Island dead.

User avatar
Rhodymob05
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2505
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
x 600

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhodymob05 » 4 weeks ago

Seton Hall cmon buddy!
0 x
RHODE ISLAND’S TEAM

User avatar
Rhode_Island_Red
Art Stephenson
Posts: 845
Joined: 5 years ago
x 311

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhode_Island_Red » 4 weeks ago

Blue Man wrote:
Obadiah wrote:Before the start of today's UConn-Villanova game, security at Hartford's XL Center confiscated a sign held by a fan that read FIRE OLLIE.


Not to derail this thread, but the finances seem like firing Ollie this year would be extremely difficult.

UConn, whether they like it or not, has committed to being a football school, at the peril of their basketball program. Football drives the bus there.

Because of that, they just paid (or still owe) Diaco 3.4 million as a buyout after he got fired and broke the bank.

Randy Edsall came back on an incentive-laden deal, which to me tells me they don’t have a lot of capital laying around.

Kevin Ollie is signed through 2022 and if he were fired this year, UConn owes him 10.75 million. 2 million of which would have to come from that cash strapped state.

Also, their 2 best players have been hurt all year. This would be like URI fans chanting fire Hurley during the EC/Hass injury year.

As an aside, UConn is the only job that scares me if open. Dan does command a 1.5 million dollar buy out, and if he’s leaving he’s not going to want an incentive laden deal.

Based on finances I’m just not sure UConn can afford to fire anyone for the next year or so at least. Rough optics to pay out 15-16 mil in dead money over 2 years before you even hire the new basketball coach - especially when the one you’re firing won you a national title in the not so distant past.


Hurley's next move will be to a cartel school -- nothing less. As usual, the Storrs Leg-humpers' fans are delusional if they think UConn could poach him.

Consider:

UConn has a poorly-maintained arena -- two poorly-maintained arena if you count the Hartford Civic Center -- and a spoiled-rotten fan base. Also, our league is down this year, but historically the Atlantic 10 is better than the AFC or KFC or whatever the hell league the Storrs Leg-humpers play in. UConn would be little more than a lateral move.
0 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 4 weeks ago

After leading by 19 points at the break, Alabama in the second half got in a dog fight with a Mississippi State team that managed to tie game with less than 7 minutes remaining and the contest was neck and neck to the closing seconds before the Crimson Tide secured the win, 68-62.
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 7895
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1462

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby ramster » 4 weeks ago

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
Obadiah wrote:Before the start of today's UConn-Villanova game, security at Hartford's XL Center confiscated a sign held by a fan that read FIRE OLLIE.


Not to derail this thread, but the finances seem like firing Ollie this year would be extremely difficult.

UConn, whether they like it or not, has committed to being a football school, at the peril of their basketball program. Football drives the bus there.

Because of that, they just paid (or still owe) Diaco 3.4 million as a buyout after he got fired and broke the bank.

Randy Edsall came back on an incentive-laden deal, which to me tells me they don’t have a lot of capital laying around.

Kevin Ollie is signed through 2022 and if he were fired this year, UConn owes him 10.75 million. 2 million of which would have to come from that cash strapped state.

Also, their 2 best players have been hurt all year. This would be like URI fans chanting fire Hurley during the EC/Hass injury year.

As an aside, UConn is the only job that scares me if open. Dan does command a 1.5 million dollar buy out, and if he’s leaving he’s not going to want an incentive laden deal.

Based on finances I’m just not sure UConn can afford to fire anyone for the next year or so at least. Rough optics to pay out 15-16 mil in dead money over 2 years before you even hire the new basketball coach - especially when the one you’re firing won you a national title in the not so distant past.


Hurley's next move will be to a cartel school -- nothing less. As usual, the Storrs Leg-humpers' fans are delusional if they think UConn could poach him.

Consider:

UConn has a poorly-maintained arena -- two poorly-maintained arena if you count the Hartford Civic Center -- and a spoiled-rotten fan base. Also, our league is down this year, but historically the Atlantic 10 is better than the AFC or KFC or whatever the hell league the Storrs Leg-humpers play in. UConn would be little more than a lateral move.



There is NO way that Hurley would consider UCONN or the AAC Conference. Good grief, people are way underestimating his marketability of they think that is remotely possible.
As RI Red said, he would go to a P5 school and a rather highly ranked P5 school at that.
0 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 4 weeks ago

In a close battle throughout, Nevada held off a strong Boise State effort to beat the Broncos, 74-68. Nevada retains their unblemished conference record intact at 7-0. Boise State stands in second place at 5-2 and the two teams will meet again in Boise on Feb. 14. Key question is whether the Mountain West Conference will get both these teams into the NCAAT?
0 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3858
Joined: 5 years ago
x 675

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby reef » 4 weeks ago

UConn is definitely not the job it was a few years ago and I am not as worried as I once was about that job coming open
Their conf is not Power 5

Now if Jimmy B ever retires the Dyracuse opening could be a concern ??
0 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 3 weeks ago

No Sunday action in the A-10.

Among URI OOC opponents:

In a battle of the two MAAC leaders Canisius visits Iona. 1 PM. ESPN3. In the first round of this rivalry, Iona fell, 85-78, so it's natural to expect the Gaels to use their home court advantage to take sole possession of first place in the MAAC.

UNC Asheville at Liberty. 2 PM. UNCA is struggling a bit and this contest will be a challenge, but a win would put them back in contention for the Big South crown.

Virginia at Wake Forest. 6 PM. On ESPNU. Virginia is unbeaten in the ACC and Wake has won only one game. Cavaliers will likely get their 18th win of the season.
0 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3162
Joined: 5 years ago
x 378

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 3 weeks ago

Virginia was put to the test at lowly Wake Forest today and the Cavaliers were only able to get some separation from the Deacons in the last five minutes of game to win, 59-49. URI, take heed in Wednesday's game at Fordham.
0 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2881
Joined: 5 years ago
x 689

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody74 » 3 weeks ago

If we lose to Fordham Wednesday, Dan will have a stroke.
0 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

rambone 78
Frank Keaney
Posts: 10578
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1252

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby rambone 78 » 3 weeks ago

That game should not be close, although they have given us trouble especially there.

Blow them out first half....no messing around.....I think Dan will remind them of the stinker effort we had last year against them.
0 x

User avatar
TruePoint
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9378
Joined: 5 years ago
x 2834

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby TruePoint » 3 weeks ago

Iona lost to Canisius at home. Trailed basically the whole game before cutting it to 1 with about 0:10 left, but couldn't close it out. Canisius is all alone in first place in the MAAC, as they appear to also be in the midst of their own post-Baron renaissance.

UNCA got a win today, blowing out Liberty at Liberty. UNCA keeps pace as one of five teams in a tie for second place in the Big South at 5-3. Those five trail Radford, who fell at Campbell today to go to 6-2 in the conference.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011

eli#10
Art Stephenson
Posts: 847
Joined: 5 years ago
x 149

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby eli#10 » 3 weeks ago

A little ahead of myself here but Davidson is at Dayton Tuesday night at 7:00 on cbssn. Big game for us as aDayton win results in some separation for us. GO Flyers!!!!!!
1 x

luke
ARD
Posts: 743
Joined: 5 years ago
x 107

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby luke » 3 weeks ago

I see a Dayton win in that one. I will of course be watching.
0 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3858
Joined: 5 years ago
x 675

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby reef » 3 weeks ago

That will be a game to check out for sure
0 x

Rhody15
Tom Garrick
Posts: 1256
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Rhode Island
x 519

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody15 » 3 weeks ago

Playing Fordham, regardless of home or away, always seems to get me a bit nervous, regardless of our record. Whether it was Gil's tip in at the buzzer a few years back or the clunker last year, it seems nothing is a given playing Fordham.
0 x
Go Rhody

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 4053
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1397

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby bigappleram » 3 weeks ago

I hope the NY/NJ alumni shows up in force for this one...we generally don't play great in that high school gym, let's hope this year that's not the case.
0 x

User avatar
RF1
Sly Williams
Posts: 4481
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1045

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby RF1 » 3 weeks ago

Rhody15 wrote:Playing Fordham, regardless of home or away, always seems to get me a bit nervous, regardless of our record. Whether it was Gil's tip in at the buzzer a few years back or the clunker last year, it seems nothing is a given playing Fordham.



As with the game at Dayton, I think there is motivation to beat Fordham. Hurley will use the reminder of the loss to them last year to keep his players focused. Hard to believe that Fordham's win in Kingston last February 15th was the last time Rhody lost to an A-10 opponent.
0 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2881
Joined: 5 years ago
x 689

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody74 » 3 weeks ago

RF1 wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:Playing Fordham, regardless of home or away, always seems to get me a bit nervous, regardless of our record. Whether it was Gil's tip in at the buzzer a few years back or the clunker last year, it seems nothing is a given playing Fordham.



As with the game at Dayton, I think there is motivation to beat Fordham. Hurley will use the reminder of the loss to them last year to keep his players focused. Hard to believe that Fordham's win in Kingston last February 15th was the last time Rhody lost to an A-10 opponent.

I agree ... Dan has figured out how to the team's edge.
0 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3858
Joined: 5 years ago
x 675

Re: Week #11 - Games of Interest

Postby reef » 3 weeks ago

Yes he is URI version of Bill Belichick master motivator
0 x


Return to “NCAAs or Bust!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 9 guests