1/17 | UMass Minutemen | 7PM (Yurview TV)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: 1/17 | UMass Minutemen | 7PM (Yurview TV)

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
Blue Man wrote:
Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
Glad I'm not the only one who noticed. What happens if he catches the ball with it in his hand?
We were having a discussion and I honestly wonder if there's spit on his mouthguard that gets on his hands and that's why he is so AWFUL at holding onto or dribbling the ball.

He is a physical specimen, has no problem getting and holding onto rebounds, or getting up and blocking shots.

My God though, watching him try to dribble or post up is disastrously predictable.

yup, its a shame we couldn't keep ARD. Cyril is the type of big that would benefit the most from sitting under that learning tree
The mouth guard thing was hard to miss, but hadn't seen it before...maybe it's a new one and isn't comfortable. Also hard to miss, but a constant, no good play ever starts with the words, 'Langevine puts the ball on the floor...' but, he still constantly tries to. Not sure what's up with that. He caught the ball near the top of the key last night, and before handing it off...bounced it once...didn't move...just bounced it once and handed off....WHYYYYYY???????
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I sat there last night watching Langevine most every minute he was on the floor on defense and on offense and thought to myself how much he has improved since the beginning of the year. What strength he has. 12 rebounds in 17 minutes, hit 2-3 FGs, 1 assist, 3 very nice blocked shots.

One time he got hit in the mouth, and I thought for a minute he had a tooth knocked out so I wonder if the mouthpiece came to be after he got hit in the mouth? or did he have the mouthpiece from the very start of the game - anyone know? and did he suffer damage to his teeth in the game?

But bottom line I loved his game last night. He is so amazingly strong and such a good rebounder. It's a team where players know their roles and play them well. Langevine is playing his role excellently right now imho.
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

ramster wrote:One time he got hit in the mouth, and I thought for a minute he had a tooth knocked out so I wonder if the mouthpiece came to be after he got hit in the mouth? or did he have the mouthpiece from the very start of the game - anyone know? and did he suffer damage to his teeth in the game?
I didn't see that happen, that could be. Especially because I've never noticed him doing the mouth guard thing before.

I agree, he is playing his role well, minus putting the ball on the floor from time to time every time.
0 x
Mobley was fouled.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RI_Bred wrote:
ramster wrote:One time he got hit in the mouth, and I thought for a minute he had a tooth knocked out so I wonder if the mouthpiece came to be after he got hit in the mouth? or did he have the mouthpiece from the very start of the game - anyone know? and did he suffer damage to his teeth in the game?
I didn't see that happen, that could be. Especially because I've never noticed him doing the mouth guard thing before.

I agree, he is playing his role well, minus putting the ball on the floor from time to time every time.
It happened in the 2nd half, down low in the Lane. He was looking over to the URI Bench after it happened and I thought he might have lost a tooth.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

This is now one of my most favorite tweets ever...

I have such love for walk-ons.
1 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

ramster wrote: One time he got hit in the mouth, and I thought for a minute he had a tooth knocked out so I wonder if the mouthpiece came to be after he got hit in the mouth? or did he have the mouthpiece from the very start of the game - anyone know? and did he suffer damage to his teeth in the game?
This is exactly what happened, Langevine got hit in the mouth on a play where his man (Anderson I think) drove the lane. Cyril got hit in the mouth so hard Anderson gave him an apologizing five at the free throw line.

Cyril had the mouthpiece after halftime, I'm assuming the doctors checked him and cleared him to play.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Pictures from the game
http://www.photobyfriday.com/Sports/Bas ... URI-UMass/

Jarvis’s kids are so cute!
5 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote:
josephski wrote:Can probably expect somewhere in the 4500-5000 range, I don't think we'll get less than La Salle which was 4549. So far all our weeknight games this year have been less than 5000 except for FGCU but that was Dec 27th so some people probably had off from work.
When we played LaSalle on Wednesday January 3rd we were (1-0) in A10

People made decisions to go with a (1-0) record
Since they made that decision to GO or NO GO URI has beated LaSalle, Won At GW, Won At SLU and Beaten St Bonaventure in a decisive win on Home

Instead of (1-0) we are (5-0) looking to run that to (6-0) against Long, long time Rival UMASS. I just cannot imagine we don't get considerably more fans than for the LaSalle game

Plus you have THIS!!!!

AND THE WINNERS ARE MANY

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Was that DH wife holding Jarvis twins ??
Great pics indeed
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Yes, that was Andrea Hurley
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

UMass big man Rashaan Holloway ruled academically ineligible for the remainder of the season
Daily Hampshire Gazette
01/22/17
Matt Vautour

http://www.gazettenet.com/UMass-big-man ... n-15051930
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

RF1 wrote:

UMass big man Rashaan Holloway ruled academically ineligible for the remainder of the season
Daily Hampshire Gazette
01/22/17
Matt Vautour

http://www.gazettenet.com/UMass-big-man ... n-15051930
That's why we didn't see him on the bench ...
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

FYI tix are bogo!!!
Attachments
IMG_1534.PNG
1 x