Parking at Ryan Center

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Parking at Ryan Center

Unread post by PeteRI »

I've never been to the Ryan Center and I'm going to the Saint Bonnie's game. It's okay, I just moved back here in 2002. 8-)

I will really appreciate any suggestions on the best parking strategy. Also, since it's an 11:00 game what time would you suggest I get to the lot? Thanks!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: Parking at Ryan Center

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

PeteRI wrote:I've never been to the Ryan Center and I'm going to the Saint Bonnie's game. It's okay, I just moved back here in 2002. 8-)

I will really appreciate any suggestions on the best parking strategy. Also, since it's an 11:00 game what time would you suggest I get to the lot? Thanks!
If you want to get out quicker, get there early and park close to the exit. I'd say 10ish. If you're in the middle of the lot, you're sitting for a while. I like going early anyway, so that's what I do.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Billyboy78 wrote:
PeteRI wrote:I've never been to the Ryan Center and I'm going to the Saint Bonnie's game. It's okay, I just moved back here in 2002. 8-)

If you want to get out quicker, get there early and park close to the exit. I'd say 10ish. If you're in the middle of the lot, you're sitting for a while. I like going early anyway, so that's what I do.
BTW, you're going to love the RC.
2 x
URIFIJI
Kenny Green

Unread post by URIFIJI »

I would park as close to Keaney Gym as you can. Its a little longer walk - but you will have zero traffic getting out of there. You can park near the new Hockey facility (Boss Arena) - great spot
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

What I would recommend since this is your first visit to the Ryan Center,

- Arrive at 9:25am to the parking lot.
- They will let you into the Foyer, where it is heated, at 9:30am
- Visit the Store from 9:30 to 10am - they will let you go in the Store from the Foyer.
- Lot's of great stuff to buy in the Store and the crowd will be small at that time.
- Enter the arena at 10am and watch the team warm up from down at the floor level. Nobody will check your tickets at that time and you can see all the players from both teams close up
- Watch the student section get warmed up for the big game - ESPN Cameras will be getting ready
- After the game go down behind the URI bench and just hang out for about 30 to 45 minutes after the game
- Great to hang out and see the players, their families and friends, Coaches, URI Alumni, etc while the people all go to the parking lot
- By the time you leave, the parking lot will be much less congested
- Make a day of it!!!
- GO RHODY!!
4 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......is the Rhody Pub gonna be open so early....?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

URIFIJI wrote:I would park as close to Keaney Gym as you can. Its a little longer walk - but you will have zero traffic getting out of there. You can park near the new Hockey facility (Boss Arena) - great spot
I wouldn't say zero traffic, especially with a near sellout. I live in Westerly and go west on 138. The time I saved leaving the Keaney-Boss was lost by the extra traffic between the parking lot exit and the 110 intersection. Like my father used to say, no matter which way you turn your ass is always behind you.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
URIGONZO
ARD

Unread post by URIGONZO »

Rent a helicopter and have it drop you at the 50 yard line of the Meade if you want to avoid traffic.
6 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

URIGONZO wrote:Rent a helicopter and have it drop you at the 50 yard line of the Meade if you want to avoid traffic.
Meade is going to be a lake tomorrow if we get as much rain as predicted
0 x
RI_Bred
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RI_Bred »

If you park in the main lot off of Plains Road, do everything in your power to back into your parking space when you arrive. You'll thank me when you're leaving!
5 x
Mobley was fouled.
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I'm here and ready for a big W!!!
1 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......enjoy the game......try to focus on the game and not our bench......that takes on its own game within the game for the first timers.....go Rhody...
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

section(105) wrote:......enjoy the game......try to focus on the game and not our bench......that takes on its own game within the game for the first timers.....go Rhody...
Roger that. Tip-off it's less than an hour away and the arena is about 90% empty. Looks like a lot of people are going to be late!
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

PeteRI wrote:
section(105) wrote:......enjoy the game......try to focus on the game and not our bench......that takes on its own game within the game for the first timers.....go Rhody...
Roger that. Tip-off it's less than an hour away and the arena is about 90% empty. Looks like a lot of people are going to be late!
Unfortunately we are a late arriving crowd.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Just a perfect day for me. Thanks for all the suggestions. I had a blast!!!
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Rhody74 wrote:
PeteRI wrote:
Unfortunately we are a late arriving crowd.
Even I was surprised how many people were still just coming to their seats 5 to 10 minutes after the game started.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeteRI wrote:Just a perfect day for me. Thanks for all the suggestions. I had a blast!!!
Glad you enjoyed it. Nice to hear the suggestions helped.

What were your first impressions of the Ryan Center?
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

ramster wrote:

It feels like a first-class arena. Great sight lines all around. The court is gorgeous, the PA system and videos are crystal clear, and I love the time-out activities like the Bongo Cam, fan interviews and t- shirt guns.

Of course it doesn't hurt that our team kicks some serious butt.

(And I'm not ashamed to say the kids choir singing the National Anthem opened up the waterworks for me.)

8-)
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

PeteRI wrote:
ramster wrote:

It feels like a first-class arena. Great sight lines all around. The court is gorgeous, the PA system and videos are crystal clear, and I love the time-out activities like the Bongo Cam, fan interviews and t- shirt guns.

Of course it doesn't hurt that our team kicks some serious butt.

(And I'm not ashamed to say the kids choir singing the National Anthem opened up the waterworks for me.)

8-)
Good to hear. Agree that choir was off the charts.
1 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ramster wrote: Good to hear. Agree that choir was off the charts.
They were from Deering Middle School in W Warwick. My Rhody alum nephew, who was with me today, teaches there and spoke with them afterward. The kids were excited and got a knit winter hat (the same hat they gave out at the LaSalle game). This school did the anthem at a game last year as well.
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

That lead singer had a great voice for a young kid. Kudos to the director for getting those harmonies from them.
4 x
Slava Ukraini!
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

best tip to get out quick after the game...park in the very back of the lot by the exits. Longer walk, but have zipped right out in under 10min every single time over the years. plus head out the back way and pop onto Rt 1 at the 1st light
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

......PeteRI.....get hooked up with season tickets for next year......one addition at a time.....glad you enjoyed.....
1 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Just got a nice ticket for Duquesne in 2 weeks. We should be #14 in the country by then, right? :mrgreen:
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

PeteRI wrote:Just got a nice ticket for Duquesne in 2 weeks. We should be #14 in the country by then, right? :mrgreen:
Should be a good game. They are playing well.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

I would strongly advise you get Senior night now too. That is going to be a very special night.
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

ramster wrote:I would strongly advise you get Senior night now too. That is going to be a very special night.
Thanks. Which game is that?
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

PeteRI wrote:
ramster wrote:I would strongly advise you get Senior night now too. That is going to be a very special night.
Last regular season home game ... Feb. 27th against St. Joe's.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Rhody74 wrote:
PeteRI wrote:
Last regular season home game ... Feb. 27th against St. Joe's.
Scored again. Thanks!
0 x