UMASS Home and Away Student Promo

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

UMASS Home and Away Student Promo

Unread post by ramster »

1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: UMASS Home and Away Student Promo

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I had read about a bus trip for non students, but I haven't been able to find the email it came in
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Would be a good trip if they can have a bus for Alumni

Good last two games for UMASS beating Dayton at Dayton then coming back from 21 points down to LaSalle to win in OT

Pipkins with 44 last night and 25 against Dayton.

Luwane Pipkins set a program record with 44 points and Massachusetts overcame a 21-point deficit to beat La Salle 86-79 in overtime Wednesday night.
Pipkins broke the nearly 50-year-old mark of 41 points by Billy Tindall on Feb. 10, 1968, which also occurred in the William D. Mullins Memorial Center. Pipkins was 15-of-27 shooting, made six 3s, all eight of his free throws, grabbed five rebounds and passed five assists
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......I recall a bus trip by the alumni group.....yep just checked....in the Alumni Association site....
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ramster wrote:Luwane Pipkins set a program record with 44 points and Massachusetts overcame a 21-point deficit to beat La Salle 86-79 in overtime Wednesday night.
Pipkins broke the nearly 50-year-old mark of 41 points by Billy Tindall on Feb. 10, 1968, which also occurred in the William D. Mullins Memorial Center. Pipkins was 15-of-27 shooting, made six 3s, all eight of his free throws, grabbed five rebounds and passed five assists
That doesn't made sense, the Mullins Center has only been around since the early 90's
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
ramster wrote:Luwane Pipkins set a program record with 44 points and Massachusetts overcame a 21-point deficit to beat La Salle 86-79 in overtime Wednesday night.
That doesn't made sense, the Mullins Center has only been around since the early 90's
Yeah, whoever wrote that didn't do much research.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
True, UMASS Played in the old wooden Curry Hicks Cage during that era.
But the ESPN game article states it was also played in the Mullins Center - which is obviously incorrect.
http://www.espn.com/ncb/recap/_/gameId/400990075

I want to numerous games in the Curry Hicks Cage - it could be a very loud place to play
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ESPN making factual mistakes??? Never!!!!
3 x
Slava Ukraini!
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Tickets to the UMass game at the Mullins should not be an issue for Rhody fans that want to go. They drew 2,065 last night for the comeback win over LaSalle. Through ten games, they are averaging 2,695 to the 9,493 seat capacity Mullins Center. Their largest crowd of the year was 4,744 for Georgia. Only one other game drew 4k.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody74 wrote:ESPN making factual mistakes??? Never!!!!
When that record was broken at UMass, it was also reported that 11 of the 12 balls were underinflated.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RF1 wrote:Tickets to the UMass game at the Mullins should not be an issue for Rhody fans that want to go. They drew 2,065 last night for the comeback win over LaSalle. Through ten games, they are averaging 2,695 to the 9,493 seat capacity Mullins Center. Their largest crowd of the year was 4,744 for Georgia. Only one other game drew 4k.
The Mullins Center is a pretty crappy place to watch a game. The worst seat in the Ryan Center is better than 60-70 percent of Mullins seats.
3 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I had read about a bus trip for non students, but I haven't been able to find the email it came in
55 dollars for bus, pregame at Hangar Pub & Grill and ticket.
2 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
RF1 wrote:Tickets to the UMass game at the Mullins should not be an issue for Rhody fans that want to go. They drew 2,065 last night for the comeback win over LaSalle. Through ten games, they are averaging 2,695 to the 9,493 seat capacity Mullins Center. Their largest crowd of the year was 4,744 for Georgia. Only one other game drew 4k.
The Mullins Center is a pretty crappy place to watch a game. The worst seat in the Ryan Center is better than 60-70 percent of Mullins seats.
What is that comment based on? Crazy comment. The Mullins Center is like the Ryan Center with 2,000 more seats in the upper section. Very similar to Gampel.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Rhody83 wrote:
Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
What is that comment based on? Crazy comment. The Mullins Center is like the Ryan Center with 2,000 more seats in the upper section. Very similar to Gampel.
FYI - The Mullins Center is a hockey arena. As with all hockey arena’s, seating extends further away from the court as opposed to higher up, creating worse seating. Ryan Center 100 times better than the Mullins center from a seating perspective.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

So every arena that handles hockey and basketball sucks. I have been to the Mullins alot (live in WMass). When it is full for a basketball game it is great. They have seats up to the court all around. Just more removeable seats.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Rhody83 wrote:So every arena that handles hockey and basketball sucks. I have been to the Mullins alot (live in WMass). When it is full for a basketball game it is great. They have seats up to the court all around. Just more removeable seats.
They don’t suck, just not as compact as the Ryan Center or Gampel for example. It’s just an apples and oranges comparison. I like the Mullins personally, just a pure basketball arena will always be more compact if done right.
2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Rhody74 wrote:ESPN making factual mistakes??? Never!!!!
That’s an AP article, not ESPN’s.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Rhody83 wrote:So every arena that handles hockey and basketball sucks. I have been to the Mullins alot (live in WMass). When it is full for a basketball game it is great. They have seats up to the court all around. Just more removeable seats.
Mullins and the Dunk are terrible hockey single tier bowls.

When it’s full? Last sellout was when Calipari was there, no?

Just kidding it was Senior Night in 2014 vs #16 ranked Billikens. SLU is won a heartbreaker.
https://natstat.com/mbb/game/M20140309-slumass-1
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ramster wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:
True, UMASS Played in the old wooden Curry Hicks Cage during that era.
But the ESPN game article states it was also played in the Mullins Center - which is obviously incorrect.
http://www.espn.com/ncb/recap/_/gameId/400990075

I want to numerous games in the Curry Hicks Cage - it could be a very loud place to play
Apology issued by CBS for the mistake.....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-baske ... tts-story/
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

I am glad that URI is trying to be creative in getting students back on campus for games during break.

There had been concerns that attendance would be hurt with so many home games scheduled during break. That however has not been the case. The many different promotions have helped.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

RF1 wrote:I am glad that URI is trying to be creative in getting students back on campus for games during break.

There had been concerns that attendance would be hurt with so many home games scheduled during break. That however has not been the case. The many different promotions have helped.
Not so sure about promotions helping since we have always done promotions while students were away. Not exactly sure which promotions have been different this year that would have brought in more people than last year. They seem similar to me.

The big difference is that during the School Break we are undefeated at 8-0. We have gone from a record of 5-3 before Student Winter Break to a record of 13-3 and now with a chance to go 14-3 tomorrow night.

Throw in a loss or two or three during the Break and I don't care what kind of Marketing you do, the crowds would be much less than now.

Sat, Dec 16 vs Charleston W 68-62: 6-3 (0-0)
Thu, Dec 21 vs Iona W 80-74: 7-3 (0-0)
Wed, Dec 27 vs Florida Gulf Coast W 80-60: 8-3 (0-0)
Sat, Dec 30 vs George Mason W 83-64: 9-3 (1-0)
Wed, Jan 3 vs La Salle W 74-62: 10-3 (2-0)
Sat, Jan 6 @ George Washington W 81-60: 11-3 (3-0)
Tue, Jan 9 @ Saint Louis W 72-65: 12-3 (4-0)
Sat, Jan 13 vs St. Bonaventure W 87-73: 13-3 (5-0)
Wed, Jan 17 vs Massachusetts
0 x
Rhody1988
Frenchy Tomlin

Unread post by Rhody1988 »

Bought 2 tickets for UMass/URI Jan 30th at The Mullins Center through the UMass Athletic site. Level 1 section T near the URI bench for $57 total. Not bad at all. I’ve been there to see the Rams play the last 3 years, it’s a drive from hell but the arena is nice. #GoRhody!
1 x