Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 4213
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1224

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 week ago

I'm going against VCU until further notice. I don't like that we only play them once there. I'd like them to lose to give us a cushion against them. Plus, Dayton is a team we play twice, so them being good helps us
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

User avatar
rhodysurf
Jimmy Baron
Posts: 414
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: Wakefield
x 234

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby rhodysurf » 1 week ago

Every Dayton 3 was wide open. VCU defense is garbage
0 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2741
Joined: 5 years ago
x 559

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody74 » 1 week ago

You're getting your wish. Dayton is killing defenseless VCU.
1 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

sf2010
Tom Garrick
Posts: 1491
Joined: 5 years ago
x 112

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby sf2010 » 1 week ago

Dayton with 22 assists on 24 fgs in the first half, including TWELVE 3’s.

Dayton on top 66-41 at half. Yes, at half.
0 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney
Posts: 10491
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1187

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby rambone 78 » 1 week ago

Bizarro land. Tillman has 20 and 7 for VCU, the rest have taken the night off.
0 x

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5925
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: San Diego, CA
x 1303

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby adam914 » 1 week ago

Man who would have thought we'd see the day where you could say that kind of stuff about the VCU defense.
0 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

User avatar
TruePoint
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9174
Joined: 5 years ago
x 2484

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby TruePoint » 1 week ago

TruePoint wrote:The Brown/Yale game is not the most high profile game ever, but I'm kind of curious to see that game. Yale is favored by 7.5 and rpiforecast likes them by even more than that, but I'm not totally convinced. I thought when I have seen Brown that they've showed some signs of life. I am cautiously optimistic about Brown being an upper-half Ivy team this year (not that it makes a huge difference for URI).


Brown hung tough (and covered) before falling to Yale on the road, 78-72. Had cut it to one with 0:29 left. This road conference loss is not throwing me off the scent! I think I like Brow - go Bears!
0 x

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3310
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: West K
x 720

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby NYGFan_Section208 » 1 week ago

adam914 wrote:Man who would have thought we'd see the day where you could say that kind of stuff about the VCU defense.


From "havoc" to, go ahead - "have some"...
1 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3639
Joined: 5 years ago
x 589

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby reef » 1 week ago

Ok Dayton trashing VCU , Flyers tough at home

PC about to take on DePaul any rooting interest ??
0 x

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 4213
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1224

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 1 week ago

RPI RPI
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

rambone 78
Frank Keaney
Posts: 10491
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1187

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby rambone 78 » 1 week ago

I think PC's 2 games with DePaul are the only 2 remaining that would be considered a bad loss for them.....

Not so with our league.....
0 x

josephski
Art Stephenson
Posts: 880
Joined: 2 years ago
x 290

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby josephski » 1 week ago

rambone 78 wrote:I think PC's 2 games with DePaul are the only 2 remaining that would be considered a bad loss for them.....

Not so with our league.....

They still have Georgetown too, but yea it’s crazy the difference between the average big east conference schedule vs the average a10 conference schedule.
0 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5479
Joined: 5 years ago
x 914

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 1 week ago

This PC-DePaul broadcast is annoying.


St. John’s would be another bad loss in the Big East.
1 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

josephski
Art Stephenson
Posts: 880
Joined: 2 years ago
x 290

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby josephski » 1 week ago

St Johns are going to have to lose some more games before they’re considered a bad loss, currently 60 rpi and 78 on kenpom.
0 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5479
Joined: 5 years ago
x 914

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 1 week ago

josephski wrote:St Johns are going to have to lose some more games before they’re considered a bad loss, currently 60 rpi and 78 on kenpom.


I trust that they will. They’re already 0-5 in conference and got blown out by DePaul and lost to Georgetown, both at home. Plus, LoVett quit.
0 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3639
Joined: 5 years ago
x 589

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby reef » 1 week ago

I like having the coaches miked up interesting
1 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2741
Joined: 5 years ago
x 559

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody74 » 1 week ago

0 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3639
Joined: 5 years ago
x 589

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby reef » 1 week ago

Our game at Dayton will be one of our biggest tests
0 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3639
Joined: 5 years ago
x 589

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby reef » 1 week ago

Bye bye Friars bye bye !!

Enjoy the NIT

Bad loss @ DePaul
0 x

User avatar
SmartyBarrett
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1699
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Boston
x 129
Contact:

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby SmartyBarrett » 1 week ago

ace wrote:This PC-DePaul broadcast is annoying.


Super distracting. It was cool to listen to the coaches but I felt like I had no clue what was going on in the game flow. Maybe I just can't do two things at once...

As a side note, does Ed Cooley know what a vampire is? This is important to me and I need to know.
2 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5479
Joined: 5 years ago
x 914

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 1 week ago

SmartyBarrett wrote:
ace wrote:This PC-DePaul broadcast is annoying.


Super distracting. It was cool to listen to the coaches but I felt like I had no clue what was going on in the game flow. Maybe I just can't do two things at once...

As a side note, does Ed Cooley know what a vampire is? This is important to me and I need to know.


Judging by what I heard tonight, no, absolutely not.
1 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

Rhody83
ARD
Posts: 710
Joined: 2 years ago
x 271

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody83 » 1 week ago

reef wrote:Bye bye Friars bye bye !!

Enjoy the NIT

Bad loss @ DePaul


A little premature with that comment. Shocking runs in this game.
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 7585
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1260

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ramster » 1 week ago

Rhody83 wrote:
reef wrote:Bye bye Friars bye bye !!

Enjoy the NIT

Bad loss @ DePaul


A little premature with that comment. Shocking runs in this game.

PC scored 20 unanswered points in the second half. 20!!!!
0 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3639
Joined: 5 years ago
x 589

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby reef » 1 week ago

Yeah didn't see the 22-0 run coming my bad
0 x

User avatar
TruePoint
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9174
Joined: 5 years ago
x 2484

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby TruePoint » 1 week ago

ramster wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:
reef wrote:Bye bye Friars bye bye !!

Enjoy the NIT

Bad loss @ DePaul


A little premature with that comment. Shocking runs in this game.

PC scored 20 unanswered points in the second half. 20!!!!


20-0 run right after they had gone 10+ minutes without a FG and went from well ahead to well behind. Weird game.
0 x

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5925
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: San Diego, CA
x 1303

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby adam914 » 1 week ago

SmartyBarrett wrote:
ace wrote:This PC-DePaul broadcast is annoying.


Super distracting. It was cool to listen to the coaches but I felt like I had no clue what was going on in the game flow. Maybe I just can't do two things at once...

As a side note, does Ed Cooley know what a vampire is? This is important to me and I need to know.


I went in thinking it would be really cool, and then after a few minutes ended up being more like "I wish these guys would stop yelling, I'm trying to watch a game here!"
1 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

PeterRamTime
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2170
Joined: 3 years ago
x 385

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby PeterRamTime » 1 week ago

ace wrote:
SmartyBarrett wrote:
ace wrote:This PC-DePaul broadcast is annoying.


Super distracting. It was cool to listen to the coaches but I felt like I had no clue what was going on in the game flow. Maybe I just can't do two things at once...

As a side note, does Ed Cooley know what a vampire is? This is important to me and I need to know.


Judging by what I heard tonight, no, absolutely not.


Lol!
What is this vampire talk?
0 x

User avatar
SmartyBarrett
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1699
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Boston
x 129
Contact:

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby SmartyBarrett » 1 week ago

PeterRamTime wrote:
ace wrote:
SmartyBarrett wrote:
Super distracting. It was cool to listen to the coaches but I felt like I had no clue what was going on in the game flow. Maybe I just can't do two things at once...

As a side note, does Ed Cooley know what a vampire is? This is important to me and I need to know.


Judging by what I heard tonight, no, absolutely not.


Lol!
What is this vampire talk?


A player on PC (Bullock, I think?) was bleeding and they had to stop play. One of the officials was upset about it for some reason and Cooley yelled out, "It's not like he wanted to bleed. He can't make himself bleed on purpose, he's not a vampire!"

Yeah that's not a thing associated with vampires. If he was drinking another player's blood then maybe...
1 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3046
Joined: 5 years ago
x 286

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 1 week ago

Saturday action in the A-10 starts with the URI - St. Bonaventure game at 11 AM. On ESPNU.

The remaining schedule is:

La Salle at Duquesne. 12:30 PM. On NBCSN.

Saint Louis at George Mason. 2:30 PM. On NBCSN.

George Washington at Richmond. 4:30 PM. On NBCSN.


Games involving URI OOC opponents:

Georgetown at Seton Hall. 12 Noon. On FS1.

Charleston at Elon. 7 PM.

NJIT at Florida Gulf Coast. 7 PM. On ESPN3.

Utah State at Nevada. 8 PM. On ESPN3.

Alabama at LSU. 8:30 PM. On SECN.
0 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5479
Joined: 5 years ago
x 914

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 1 week ago

Seton Hall is honoring their 1993 Big East Championship team at the game against Georgetown today. Heard the point guard from that team has other plans. I hope I get there in time to get the PJ Carlesimo bobblehead they’re giving out.
3 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

UCH21377
ARD
Posts: 696
Joined: 5 years ago
x 186

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby UCH21377 » 1 week ago

adam914 wrote:
SmartyBarrett wrote:
ace wrote:This PC-DePaul broadcast is annoying.


Super distracting. It was cool to listen to the coaches but I felt like I had no clue what was going on in the game flow. Maybe I just can't do two things at once...

As a side note, does Ed Cooley know what a vampire is? This is important to me and I need to know.


I went in thinking it would be really cool, and then after a few minutes ended up being more like "I wish these guys would stop yelling, I'm trying to watch a game here!"


I just couldn't take it, it was very distracting. Finally turned it off and watched an episode of Narcos.
0 x

Rhody1992
Abdul Fox
Posts: 50
Joined: 5 months ago
x 31

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody1992 » 1 week ago

SmartyBarrett wrote:
PeterRamTime wrote:
ace wrote:
Judging by what I heard tonight, no, absolutely not.


Lol!
What is this vampire talk?


A player on PC (Bullock, I think?) was bleeding and they had to stop play. One of the officials was upset about it for some reason and Cooley yelled out, "It's not like he wanted to bleed. He can't make himself bleed on purpose, he's not a vampire!"

Yeah that's not a thing associated with vampires. If he was drinking another player's blood then maybe...



Dude you need to lighten up, Ed was clearly trying to just be comical. Games get tense and can be stressful, sometimes coaches try to keep it light some times. I'm sure DH makes some jokes to keep things light at times. You're legit being critical of a nonsensical comment.. come on now lol
0 x

Rhody1992
Abdul Fox
Posts: 50
Joined: 5 months ago
x 31

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody1992 » 1 week ago

TBH, I thought the FS1 broadcast was pretty cool. Everyone saying they didn't like it is just because it was Ed Cooley and the Friars.. if this was for a URI-Fordham game, we'd be loving it! I think the Big East/FS1 chose the correct game to try this out. You get Ed Cooley, a coach as animated as anyone else in the country vs a weak DePaul team. I would have been opposed to it if it were say, Xavier-Nova only because it would take away from the game IMO. I thought it was pretty unique and cool to get an "inside" look at the huddles, sideline and locker rooms. I would not be opposed to DH being mic'd up on the side, would be pretty cool... but oh wait, we don't have an awesome TV deal. Ugh!
0 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5479
Joined: 5 years ago
x 914

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 1 week ago

Rhody1992 wrote:TBH, I thought the FS1 broadcast was pretty cool. Everyone saying they didn't like it is just because it was Ed Cooley and the Friars.. if this was for a URI-Fordham game, we'd be loving it! I think the Big East/FS1 chose the correct game to try this out. You get Ed Cooley, a coach as animated as anyone else in the country vs a weak DePaul team. I would have been opposed to it if it were say, Xavier-Nova only because it would take away from the game IMO. I thought it was pretty unique and cool to get an "inside" look at the huddles, sideline and locker rooms. I would not be opposed to DH being mic'd up on the side, would be pretty cool... but oh wait, we don't have an awesome TV deal. Ugh!


You’re a Friar fan who picked a Rhody handle on a URI basketball message board. Stop. I couldn’t care less about the Friars and Cooley.


I didn’t like the three screen view. I didn’t like the fact that most things coaches say during games are brief, useless phrases (cut, go, Jalen, Eli, go go go go). I didn’t like the jarring differences in volume. I didn’t like missing out on the regular announcers background info on the teams.
3 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

Rhody1992
Abdul Fox
Posts: 50
Joined: 5 months ago
x 31

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Rhody1992 » 1 week ago

ace wrote:
Rhody1992 wrote:TBH, I thought the FS1 broadcast was pretty cool. Everyone saying they didn't like it is just because it was Ed Cooley and the Friars.. if this was for a URI-Fordham game, we'd be loving it! I think the Big East/FS1 chose the correct game to try this out. You get Ed Cooley, a coach as animated as anyone else in the country vs a weak DePaul team. I would have been opposed to it if it were say, Xavier-Nova only because it would take away from the game IMO. I thought it was pretty unique and cool to get an "inside" look at the huddles, sideline and locker rooms. I would not be opposed to DH being mic'd up on the side, would be pretty cool... but oh wait, we don't have an awesome TV deal. Ugh!


You’re a Friar fan who picked a Rhody handle on a URI basketball message board. Stop. I couldn’t care less about the Friars and Cooley.


I didn’t like the three screen view. I didn’t like the fact that most things coaches say during games are brief, useless phrases (cut, go, Jalen, Eli, go go go go). I didn’t like the jarring differences in volume. I didn’t like missing out on the regular announcers background info on the teams.



You're wrong but whatever you say bro. I KNOW for a FACT, if DH was mic'd up for a game you would be LOVING it, I would too. We all would so stop with the bullshit
0 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5479
Joined: 5 years ago
x 914

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 1 week ago

Rhody1992 wrote:
ace wrote:
Rhody1992 wrote:TBH, I thought the FS1 broadcast was pretty cool. Everyone saying they didn't like it is just because it was Ed Cooley and the Friars.. if this was for a URI-Fordham game, we'd be loving it! I think the Big East/FS1 chose the correct game to try this out. You get Ed Cooley, a coach as animated as anyone else in the country vs a weak DePaul team. I would have been opposed to it if it were say, Xavier-Nova only because it would take away from the game IMO. I thought it was pretty unique and cool to get an "inside" look at the huddles, sideline and locker rooms. I would not be opposed to DH being mic'd up on the side, would be pretty cool... but oh wait, we don't have an awesome TV deal. Ugh!


You’re a Friar fan who picked a Rhody handle on a URI basketball message board. Stop. I couldn’t care less about the Friars and Cooley.


I didn’t like the three screen view. I didn’t like the fact that most things coaches say during games are brief, useless phrases (cut, go, Jalen, Eli, go go go go). I didn’t like the jarring differences in volume. I didn’t like missing out on the regular announcers background info on the teams.



You're wrong but whatever you say bro. I KNOW for a FACT, if DH was mic'd up for a game you would be LOVING it, I would too. We all would so stop with the bullshit



Bro :lol:

I’m not part of the “we” here, and neither are you.
3 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5925
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: San Diego, CA
x 1303

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby adam914 » 1 week ago

Rhody1992 wrote:
ace wrote:
Rhody1992 wrote:TBH, I thought the FS1 broadcast was pretty cool. Everyone saying they didn't like it is just because it was Ed Cooley and the Friars.. if this was for a URI-Fordham game, we'd be loving it! I think the Big East/FS1 chose the correct game to try this out. You get Ed Cooley, a coach as animated as anyone else in the country vs a weak DePaul team. I would have been opposed to it if it were say, Xavier-Nova only because it would take away from the game IMO. I thought it was pretty unique and cool to get an "inside" look at the huddles, sideline and locker rooms. I would not be opposed to DH being mic'd up on the side, would be pretty cool... but oh wait, we don't have an awesome TV deal. Ugh!


You’re a Friar fan who picked a Rhody handle on a URI basketball message board. Stop. I couldn’t care less about the Friars and Cooley.


I didn’t like the three screen view. I didn’t like the fact that most things coaches say during games are brief, useless phrases (cut, go, Jalen, Eli, go go go go). I didn’t like the jarring differences in volume. I didn’t like missing out on the regular announcers background info on the teams.



You're wrong but whatever you say bro. I KNOW for a FACT, if DH was mic'd up for a game you would be LOVING it, I would too. We all would so stop with the bullshit


Of course its going to be more interesting to fans of the teams being featured (which is why you enjoyed it). I don't think you are breaking any news there. It being PC had nothing to do with me not liking it. If it had been two random Big 12 teams I would have felt the same way. But yeah, of course if it was URI and I was able to hear Hurley it would be more interesting to me since I am a fan of that team.
2 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3310
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: West K
x 720

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby NYGFan_Section208 » 1 week ago

I liked it...thought it was a nice change-up...would I want it every game? probably not, but it was a nice change of pace. Hopefully, there are more of them...lot of coaches I'd like to hear...Frank Martin, Calipari, would be interesting...
0 x

User avatar
Native
Kenny Green
Posts: 261
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Rhode Island
x 51

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Native » 1 week ago

Tied at 88 all, La Salle and Duquesne are currently headed into their third overtime period on NBCSN.

It is hard not to like the way that Duquesne is playing.
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 7585
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1260

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ramster » 1 week ago

Native wrote:Tied at 88 all, La Salle and Duquesne are currently headed into their third overtime period on NBCSN.

It is hard not to like the way that Duquesne is playing.


I'm watching. Was amazing how Duquesne tied it up at the end of the 1st OT. Game was thought to be out of reach for them in the last minute of that OT.
Eric Williams Jr has fouled out for Duquesne.
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 7585
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1260

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ramster » 1 week ago

ramster wrote:
Native wrote:Tied at 88 all, La Salle and Duquesne are currently headed into their third overtime period on NBCSN.

It is hard not to like the way that Duquesne is playing.


I'm watching. Was amazing how Duquesne tied it up at the end of the 1st OT. Game was thought to be out of reach for them in the last minute of that OT.
Eric Williams Jr has fouled out for Duquesne.


2 excellent A10 Coaches in Dambrot and Giannini
0 x

User avatar
Native
Kenny Green
Posts: 261
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Rhode Island
x 51

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Native » 1 week ago

Both are excellent coaches, but the difference is that Dambrot’s team is now 4-1, while Giannini’s kids are 1-4.

Duquesne won this afternoon’s game in the third overtime, 101-94
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 7585
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1260

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ramster » 1 week ago

Dambrot is a great Coach. There was some talk of Dambrot possibly taking the open Dayton job. I think he would have been a great pick for Dayton - thought so at the time.
Duquesne won this game with Eric Williams Jr having fouled out too. Williams is a strong candidate for A10 Freshman of the Year.
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 7585
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1260

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ramster » 1 week ago

Rhody1992 wrote:
ace wrote:
Rhody1992 wrote:TBH, I thought the FS1 broadcast was pretty cool. Everyone saying they didn't like it is just because it was Ed Cooley and the Friars.. if this was for a URI-Fordham game, we'd be loving it! I think the Big East/FS1 chose the correct game to try this out. You get Ed Cooley, a coach as animated as anyone else in the country vs a weak DePaul team. I would have been opposed to it if it were say, Xavier-Nova only because it would take away from the game IMO. I thought it was pretty unique and cool to get an "inside" look at the huddles, sideline and locker rooms. I would not be opposed to DH being mic'd up on the side, would be pretty cool... but oh wait, we don't have an awesome TV deal. Ugh!


You’re a Friar fan who picked a Rhody handle on a URI basketball message board. Stop. I couldn’t care less about the Friars and Cooley.


I didn’t like the three screen view. I didn’t like the fact that most things coaches say during games are brief, useless phrases (cut, go, Jalen, Eli, go go go go). I didn’t like the jarring differences in volume. I didn’t like missing out on the regular announcers background info on the teams.



You're wrong but whatever you say bro. I KNOW for a FACT, if DH was mic'd up for a game you would be LOVING it, I would too. We all would so stop with the bullshit



Rhody1992,
When PC played URI this year which team did you root for...........serious question
1 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3046
Joined: 5 years ago
x 286

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 1 week ago

In other results for the day:

Charleston lost its early lead to fall at Elon, 63-58.

Nevada routed Utah State, 83-57.

Florida Gulf Coast easily beat NJIT, 68-54.

Alabama got a road win at LSU, 74-66.
0 x

PeterRamTime
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2170
Joined: 3 years ago
x 385

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby PeterRamTime » 1 week ago

ramster wrote:Dambrot is a great Coach. There was some talk of Dambrot possibly taking the open Dayton job. I think he would have been a great pick for Dayton - thought so at the time.
Duquesne won this game with Eric Williams Jr having fouled out too. Williams is a strong candidate for A10 Freshman of the Year.


Dambrot is well on his way to being named coach of the year.

How good can he make Duquesne??
They were pretty good 7 to 10 years ago, but if he gets them to at large level that would really be wild.
0 x

User avatar
ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9642
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Wakefield, RI
x 1202
Contact:

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ATPTourFan » 1 week ago

Duquesne has 349th worst schedule strength according to KenPom. LONG way to go before we can talk at large chances with them.
1 x

Obadiah
Carlton Owens
Posts: 3046
Joined: 5 years ago
x 286

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby Obadiah » 1 week ago

Duquesne at 13-5 and Dambrot are the big and pleasant surprises of the A-10. But what is puzzling is the attendance for this exciting contest was 2,145, a less than half full arena. Especially puzzling given that all the Duquesne residence halls are located close to the Palumbo Center and that classes at Duquesne began this past Wednesday.
0 x

User avatar
RF1
Sly Williams
Posts: 4363
Joined: 5 years ago
x 921

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby RF1 » 1 week ago

ATPTourFan wrote:Duquesne has 349th worst schedule strength according to KenPom. LONG way to go before we can talk at large chances with them.




Duquesne has ZERO shot at an at large. Even with a record of 13-5, the Duke have an RPI of #216. They have played a really bad schedule as referenced above. They have no real good wins and bad losses to the likes of Robert Morris, Cornell, Pitt, and Southern Illinois. Dambrot still should be given a lot of credit given the program's recent state. Not much was expected of them. He has them playing hard.
0 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5479
Joined: 5 years ago
x 914

Re: Week # 10 - Games of Interest

Postby ace » 1 week ago

Rhode Island is the only A10 team with an at-large chance right now, and the way the conference is set up this year, playing your way into that chance is very unlikely to happen. Anyone else will have to win the tournament.
2 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18


Return to “NCAAs or Bust!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bigappleram, Bos8, Da_Process_Survivor, PeteRI, ramster, reef, RF1, Rhody09, Rhodymob05, rhodyruckus, steviep123, URI_05 and 78 guests