Batman and Batman

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ace
Ernie Calverley

Batman and Batman

Unread post by ace »

I’ll always miss Mario and Luigi, but this works, too.

It’s always so stupid when people try to position them against each other in some warped competition.
3 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Batman and Batman

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Love this
0 x
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ace wrote: It’s always so stupid when people try to position them against each other in some warped competition.
I agree that is stupid, but do people really do that? I'm sure I've seen a few of our fans make an argument that one is better compared to the other, but nobody is implying that they are in actual competition with each other, right?
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Love how they're playing together and feeding each others strengths right now. Enjoying the final ride!
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

2 fantastic players we can go a long way with
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

TruePoint wrote:
ace wrote: It’s always so stupid when people try to position them against each other in some warped competition.
I agree that is stupid, but do people really do that? I'm sure I've seen a few of our fans make an argument that one is better compared to the other, but nobody is implying that they are in actual competition with each other, right?
Yes, they do. Actually competing with each other? No. Your use of the word “argument” is too kind in some cases. EC’s ACL injury wasn’t going to be a big deal because JT can’t excel while he’s the focus, EC’s the most overrated player in URI history, EC holds JT back... that kind of stuff. Both have won games for this team. EC’s commitment was incredibly important for the program, JT’s was ultimately a lot of fun and also important. They are different types of people, but both great on and off the court. The noise on the edges is exhausting af. But, it’s a great article. Glad Will wrote it.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

I’ve heard people say they’re both alpha dogs, but I think they’ve found chemistry.
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:I’ve heard people say they’re both alpha dogs, but I think they’ve found chemistry.
They didn't get that good without being alpha dogs.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

The Alpha and the Omega !!!
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I have heard people pit them vs each other but I am certain all true Rhody fans know that if we are going to go as far as we can that these 2 will carry us and play off each other
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Haven’t listened yet, but there’s this...

1 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

I am starting to think that EC and Jared are Batman and Batman but Dowtin is Alfred. :)
3 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Never liked this Batman and Batman thing
This team was much more than just those two guys
Too many 3 point air balls this year from EC and Terrell rally faded in some of the bigger games during last February and March
I'd say Jeff Dowtin was better over the last 10 games than the Batmen
1 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Thanks for the amazing careers, EC and JT! It’ll feel strange watching the Rams without either of them on the court.
2 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

ramster wrote:Never liked this Batman and Batman thing
This team was much more than just those two guys
Too many 3 point air balls this year from EC and Terrell rally faded in some of the bigger games during last February and March
I'd say Jeff Dowtin was better over the last 10 games than the Batmen
I’m really not trying to get into it with you in these threads ramster but I really just disagree. Obviously the team was more than them. But do you not remember JT being first team all-A10 and having a defensible argument for POY? Or EC being our best player against Duke (low bar, I admit) and being THE reason we beat Oklahoma?
5 x