Rod Carri has Passed Away

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
woodennickel1
Kenny Green

Re: Rod Carri has Passed Away

Postby woodennickel1 » 3 weeks ago

Really sorry to hear about Rod's passing. Very much enjoyed his posts.

REST IN PEACE,
Rod
2 x

PeteRI
Jimmy Baron

Postby PeteRI » 3 weeks ago

I'd love to hear about his tribute today at the Ryan Center. No more deserving person. RIP to the biggest URI fan ever.
0 x

section(105)
Carlton Owens

Postby section(105) » 3 weeks ago

PeteRI wrote:I'd love to hear about his tribute today at the Ryan Center. No more deserving person. RIP to the biggest URI fan ever.

.......it was season ticket holder of the game, 210 Oyster gift card, well done by EZ Buckets mentioned the KB and rodfromcranston as long time Fan etc...
5 x

neil
ARD

Postby neil » 3 weeks ago

A very large, positive response from the crowd.
1 x

Rhodyhooopz
Lamar Odom

Postby Rhodyhooopz » 3 weeks ago

Good tribute.
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano

Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Postby Ramulous » 3 weeks ago

Nice way to handle it.....paid tribute to Rod without setting any type of precedent which would have to be followed every time one of our great fans passes away.....people like Gandy and NorwegianGal.....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, and Boxworth!

reef
Sly Williams

Postby reef » 3 weeks ago

Glad to hear our guy Rod get a nice tribute!!
2 x

EGram
Lamar Odom

Postby EGram » 3 weeks ago

I loved hearing the Tribute to Rod Carri during the first official break. My only complaint was he they did not plug the Keaney Blue Forum, as I know it meant alloy a lot to Rod, Frankly in the age of Twitter/facebook/Social Media 2.0 old style forums like these are in danger as more and more members join the departed so we need all the plugs we can get.

I don't know about how others feel but these forums are an integral part of the net for me and losing them because twitter lends itselfs more to soundbite culture would me a real shame to me.

Recently an old Video game forum with large topics on politics/computing/NFL. and perhaps most importantly a Discord channel started using the owners BItcoin Bux to advertise on reddit ( Like we reversed 5 years of decline in 2 months). The results so far are fantastic. it's not like the 1998-2003 Heyday when were perhaps the biggest independent VIdeo game forum In the US and probably the world but the new blood has revitalized things.

Maybe make a Rodi Carri memorial KeaneyBlue fund? IF it's tax exempt my dad and 1 would be interested in signing up. Especially if it can go under 2017 Taxes somehow.
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley

Postby ramster » 3 weeks ago

Ramulous wrote:Nice way to handle it.....paid tribute to Rod without setting any type of precedent which would have to be followed every time one of our great fans passes away.....people like Gandy and NorwegianGal.....

Agree it was nicely done. Also nice that there was a big turn out for this game despite the snow to hear the tribute.
When did gandy send Norwegian gal pass away?
0 x

EZBuckets
Kenny Green

Postby EZBuckets » 3 weeks ago

Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and apologize for not mentioning KB during Rod’s tribute yesterday. I had every intention to, but got caught in the moment and unfortunately it slipped from my mind.

I don’t really get nervous speaking in front of a large crowd any longer, but the weight of Rod’s loss on the community and the pressure of honoring the man next to his daughter & grandchildren got the best of me.

Besides the glaring omission I hope my KB brethren found the tribute acceptable.
15 x

RhodyKyle
Steve Chubin

Postby RhodyKyle » 3 weeks ago

EZBuckets wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and apologize for not mentioning KB during Rod’s tribute yesterday. I had every intention to, but got caught in the moment and unfortunately it slipped from my mind.

I don’t really get nervous speaking in front of a large crowd any longer, but the weight of Rod’s loss on the community and the pressure of honoring the man next to his daughter & grandchildren got the best of me.

Besides the glaring omission I hope my KB brethren found the tribute acceptable.

Did I hallucinate? I could have sworn you did mention this forum.
1 x

RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 3 weeks ago

He said rodfromcranston and Keaney blue ran through his veins but never explicitly put the two together
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

RI_Bred
Lamar Odom

Postby RI_Bred » 3 weeks ago

EZBuckets wrote:Hey guys, just wanted to stop in and apologize for not mentioning KB during Rod’s tribute yesterday. I had every intention to, but got caught in the moment and unfortunately it slipped from my mind.

You did a fine job. Thanks for doing it.
5 x
Mobley was fouled.

ElmCityRhody
Cuttino Mobley

Postby ElmCityRhody » 3 weeks ago

EZ, thanks for your tribute to ROD..

I heard it while watching the stream as they never cut away during the timeout..

I was glad to hear it and sad all at the same time.

I have always loved reading rod's posts.. Dating back to the projo days..

I am glad I went up to him last year to chat w him for 10 minutes during halftime of the game I went to...

Thanks again EZ
5 x

Tom98
Art Stephenson

Postby Tom98 » 3 weeks ago

Thanks EZ..... well done and I really appreciate your efforts throughout our games. I think you do an amazing job.
4 x

brady1
Jimmy Baron

Postby brady1 » 3 weeks ago

Rodman,

Happy New Year Brother! RIP!

You’re a f’n legend of RHODY B-BALL fandom.

God’s Speed!

Love you man!

GO RHODY!
2 x

steviep123
Art Stephenson

Postby steviep123 » 2 weeks ago

I thought you did an excellent job of the tribute and was happy to have been there. Thanks to EZ and the athletic department for having the well done tribute to Rod.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

Return to “NCAAs or Bust!”