DiSano's chat with Preston Murphy.

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Re: DiSano's chat with Preston Murphy.

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Wish he brought up the tournament game! Lol
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Nice words from Preston for the coach and program. He’s had a very unique position to see everything that’s happened the last 20 or so years regarding the program, and it’s nice to see him happy for the recent success (minus that one tournament game, of course). Glad Chris was able to catch up with him, and best of luck to Preston, Jr.

———

CD: Let’s shift and talk about your alma mater real quickly… have you been following the Rams?

PM: Absolutely always keeping tabs on the Rams. Coach Hurley and I spoke yesterday and I was telling him how much I enjoy watching Fatts Russell play. He may be one of my new favorite college players. I watched the PC and Alabama games and it’s great to see what coach has done in building that program and turning it into a national power. From where he took over to today, it’s something that for anyone who’s ever been a part of that program from a player to a coach… everyone on that campus — should be extremely proud of where they are today. It’s great to see.

CD: How gratifying is it for you to have been a part of that early process, helping to bring in E.C. Matthews and others, and seeing the program now?

PM: It’s really awesome. I really owe Danny a lot for hiring me, first and foremost, but I got to learn a ton from him. The way he constructs a program, built a program from the ground up, his incredible work ethic, and then how he handles the day to day operations. So it’s great to see that success from something I was a part of at the beginning.
6 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Looks like Murph may get an opportunity soon
1 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Love Preston Murphy!
Always classy and approachable.
1 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

Agree and if the time comes where our job opens up I would expect Coach Cox and Coach Murphy to be two early front-runners.
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

I'm hoping Dan was talking to Murph about Preston Jr. I remember seeing him play as a little kid. He ran circles around the other kids and handled the ball like it was on a string. Maybe he's interested in dad's Alma mater? He's a very good prospect.
2 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

What class is he in ??
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

reef wrote:What class is he in ??
He's a freshman, Reef. He made the varsity team as a frosh.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Is this in Nebraska where Murph coaches ??
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Yes, Creighton is in Omaha
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines