Projo Fairness

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: Projo Fairness

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
section(105) wrote:.......according to Reynolds today in his column, Dan has done everything we wanted him to do everything else is frosting.....seriuosly?.......
What a horse's @ss. We're happy with what he's doing, but we won't be satisfied until we replace that hideous, disgusting institution in a former mental hospital as THE program in the state.
Wheeereeee have I heard that phrase before....?
Oh that's right...here...maybe a few dozen hundred times....
I know I can be repetitive, but geeeeeezzz.......
Just calling a spade a spade.
2 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

theblueram wrote:Not the perception of friar fans Blueman, but the perception of the state.
WHO CARES!?

It’s the smallest state in the country. Full of backwards thinkers and idiots. Has nothing to do with the NCAA tournament. Nothing to do with college basketball.

You want to know why “the state” treats “us” like little brothers? Because most of the 40+ crowd of URI fans act like the little brother. You’re all OBSESSED with PC and you put them on a damn pedestal.

They are not a premier program in college basketball. They are further along than us but far from something to be revered and aspire to be.

This isn’t the Jim Baron rams where it’s acceptable to be the “perceived” best team in our tiny pond. Where you perceive that 20 win seasons matter no matter who you play.

Sorry, our coach and program has bigger goals than just being #1 in the hearts and minds of this tiny state. Considering that PC week was over a month ago and we won...maybe start moving past that and worrying about the rest of college basketball.
10 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Blue Man wrote:
theblueram wrote:Not the perception of friar fans Blueman, but the perception of the state.
WHO CARES!?

It’s the smallest state in the country. Full of backwards thinkers and idiots. Has nothing to do with the NCAA tournament. Nothing to do with college basketball.

You want to know why “the state” treats “us” like little brothers? Because most of the 40+ crowd of URI fans act like the little brother. You’re all OBSESSED with PC and you put them on a damn pedestal.

They are not a premier program in college basketball. They are further along than us but far from something to be revered and aspire to be.

This isn’t the Jim Baron rams where it’s acceptable to be the “perceived” best team in our tiny pond. Where you perceive that 20 win seasons matter no matter who you play.

Sorry, our coach and program has bigger goals than just being #1 in the hearts and minds of this tiny state. Considering that PC week was over a month ago and we won...maybe start moving past that and worrying about the rest of college basketball.
Well Blueman, we are not getting people from across the state line buying tickets to the RC for a game. The only casual fans are coming from in state. The perception of URI as the second best team in this state needs to change. And what and how it is written in the state rag means something to people, whether they realize their eyes go to the big bold pc piece and not URI first.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I know URI won a beat down on the road, but PC beat the number 5 team in the country. Expect the ProJo headlines and story placement to reflect that tomorrow.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I guess. Thanks pc for helping us get a better seed in the tourney. See you next year. Have fun in March.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Y’all read the ProJo friartown bits tomorrow

I’ll pass.

EZ fix
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

Speaking of Friartown... They had a billboard here is Worcester this week that said something about Friartown...I guess it's expanding to central Mass.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Would expect ProJo to highlight the PC win...But, who cares????? The only outcome that matters is that, a 'decent' team that Rhody beat...beat another good team...and that is always good for Rhody....
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

How can I pitch in for a billboard, I’m tired of the fact that there isn’t one for URI.
2 x
GO RAMS
Paleoguy
Marc Upshaw

Unread post by Paleoguy »

Rhody74 wrote:Since this is a frequent complaint around these parts, I thought I'd post a link to the Projo's executive editor's column from yesterday:

http://www.providencejournal.com/news/2 ... d-politics
Late to be asking this, but this paragraph has me puzzled:

"It’s no secret that there’s little love lost between backers of Providence College’s Friars and the University of Rhode Island’s Rams. It seems like only yesterday — though it was the spring of 1978 — when the state Senate unanimously passed a resolution wishing PC “much success and prosperity” in a playoff game to be held the next day ... against URI."

I remember the 1978 resolution. Is my memory wrong here? The General Assembly, maybe it was the Senate specifically, wished PC luck in the NCAA tournament, and failed to wish us luck. But I don't remember a playoff game(?) with PC. PC lost to Michigan State, we lost to Duke. I just looked it up. It shows both teams with an 0-1 record in the NCAA tourney for 1978. What playoff game between PC and URI? The resolution was for luck in the tournament, not luck in a playoff game between the two schools. Right?
0 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

ECAC Tourney I believe
0 x
Paleoguy
Marc Upshaw

urirx wrote:ECAC Tourney I believe
So the resolution was not for success in the NCAA, or it was, and the article quoted was incorrect?
0 x
Paleoguy
Marc Upshaw

Just some general observations.

Rhode Islanders like anything that puts them on the map. Think of it as smallest state inferiority complex. We are unique, I mean LA is bigger in surface area. The King Ranch in Texas is bigger. The NY Times called us "a blur on the way to Cape Cod".

Providence had a lot of success in the NIT back when it actually meant something. They won twice, and crowds actually lined the road beginning at the boundary with Connecticut. The state bonded with them.

Ernie D and Marvin Barnes were two of the best born and bred Rhode Island basketball players the state ever produced, so the state bonded again, especially when the 73 team went to the Final Four. Remember, these were native Rhode Islanders going up against UCLA, not just PC. People don't forget that, it enforces the bond, the hearts and minds.

You can see it in that 1978 resolution by the General Assembly that Providence was the state's default team. PC had good teams after the 73 team, in the 70's.

People walked miles after the Blizzard of 78 to watch them play North Carolina at what was the Civic Center at the time. Citizens remember these things, it builds on the history and bonds that are already there.

I think it has to do with winning the state's heart because of that success in the 60's and 70's. I attended URI as both undergrad and grad student. My father was a PC alum, and my family has both Providence and South County roots. There is a very parochial component of the rivalry, as well as how PC wound up being adopted by Rhode Island resident basketball fans.

I know URI has had good teams, but let Hurley take a team deep. More then once. Final Four. Can't change history or how Rhode Islanders feel about PC. Just the way it played out. I think sustained success at the highest level is what would capture the hearts and minds where local interest is concerned. And get more then fair coverage.
Last edited by Paleoguy 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

Paleoguy wrote:
So the resolution was not for success in the NCAA, or it was, and the article quoted was incorrect?
It was for the ECAC game, when they played each other(New England Region). the article was correct. as it was the tournament game where they were playing each other.
0 x
Paleoguy
Marc Upshaw

urirx wrote:
Paleoguy wrote:
It was for the ECAC game, when they played each other(New England Region). the article was correct. as it was the tournament game where they were playing each other.
Thanks, but it just doesn't feel right to me, so I googled and found this in an earlier thread on the forum:

"by Billyboy78 » 1 year ago

No conspiracy theories here. I've seen it for 50+ years. There are so many examples of it, the biggest being 1978 when the RI Senate wished PC good luck in the NCAA tournament. (URI was also in the NCAA tournament, was better than PC and in fact were the best team in New England). Why did they only wish PC well and ignore URI? Most likely because of the way the two teams were covered by local media. I'm sure there were people in the senate that didn't even know that URI was in the tournament. No, we haven't been very good for the past 17 years or so. But like I said, it has never mattered which school had the better team. There have been plenty of years since the 60s when we had the better team. It has never mattered. Kids who grew up in the 60s are PC fans. Their kids are PC fans. Their Kids' kids are now PC fans. That's fact."

That's how I remember it, and its from here:

http://keaneyblue.com/viewtopic.php?t=5227&start=100

If Billyboy78's and my own memory is accurate, that's not good, as far as that article making things seem even more out of whack then they already were. But maybe we're wrong....

Not sure URI was the better team then, though. PC was in the top 10 that year I believe...

Edit: But they did play in the ECAC, I did not even remember that. Maybe that's it after all, can't really find info on the resolution itself. It did cause hard feelings...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ECAC_Me ... ournaments
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

PC next game @ DePaul on Friday so they better not slip up or this huge win will be negated by a bad loss
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

So, 40 years ago, a bunch of legislators wished PC good luck and not URI. That is just so thoughtless and rude...hard to imagine that politicians would actually act that way - shocker. I don't see how the natives have let that institution even stand for this long...should have been leveled long ago.

Reality: Most people under 40 and probably many in their 50s, could give a rat's arse about that...If thinking about establishing a national hoop presence at URI (or anywhere), seems part of the formula includes beating your opponents and hoping that the good ones that you beat win all the rest of their games.... It doesn't change because a program has hurt feelings from 40 years ago...

When Rhody beats PC, it's "good" for the program. When PC goes on and beats quality opponents, that is also "good" for the program - there's just no real way that it's not. Have heard that "what PC does shouldn't matter"...maybe it doesn't, and it varies by degrees, but...whenever PC wins other games, it falls in the "good for the URI program" column...whether people like it or not, when we beat them and they beat good teams, it is never "not good." A lot seem to think Rhody doesn't "need" PC to win elsewhere, maybe they don't, but whenever they do...it is a good thing...sorry.

Need every little bit of help possible....all angles to climb into the national spotlight. PC beating a #5, after we beat them, is a "good" thing...and if you weren't rooting for that, well...you're not rooting for ALL the best interests of URI...might be a huge donor and get to every game and be the "most interesting fan in the world"...but it doesn't change the fact that their wins help URI. It just doesn't...even if you're not happy about it...

And the "fairness" of ProJo coverage will follow the success of the program, not lead it...
6 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

PC beating the #5 team in the country puts them in the national spotlight a lot more than it puts us in the national spotlight. Do you think that puts a lot more fannies in the Dump in the near future or in the RC in the near future? It's PC grabbing more and more of the casual fan. We talk about how filling up the RC is critical to keeping our coach in the future. How does losing potential ticket sales to PC help that cause?
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

^ Sorry, appreciate your longstandingness, but....

PC beating a #5 is good for them...
PC beating a #5 is ALSO good for URI - there is NOTHING bad that comes to URI from PC's win yesterday.
The only bad thing that comes from PC's win yesterday is trying to fathom how a URI could consider it "not good".

PC losing to a #5 is not good for them, OR URI....
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

If we start selling out the RC every game, then I will say that PC winning is good for us. Until then, I don't believe it.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

All these big wins for pcbthe past few years isnt really helping their attendance either.

3 seasons ago ~8600
2 seasons ago ~9700
Last season ~8400

All of these casual fans arent really flocking to the Dunk either.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhodyKyle wrote:All these big wins for pcbthe past few years isnt really helping their attendance either.

3 seasons ago ~8600
2 seasons ago ~9700
Last season ~8400

All of these casual fans arent really flocking to the Dunk either.
Those are all sellouts plus a waiting list in our building. I've never cared about capacity %. Hard numbers are much more important.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

If given a choice between going to the friars game against a big east opponent in Providence, or going to a Rhody game against a mediocre A10 team in Kingston on the same night.... .....the casual fan will go to Providence every time.....

On a night where the friars are not playing at home I believe the casual fan treks down to Kingston to see if a very good Rhody team can continue to steamroll another woeful opponent....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote: Those are all sellouts plus a waiting list in our building. I've never cared about capacity %. Hard numbers are much more important.
I wouldnt expect you to as I think that weakens your argument. But that wasnt my point; my point was that even with a couple huge wins each season, they arent really growing their fan base. They arent winning over as many new casual fans as people might expect. I completely understand your point of view so I am hoping we can just agree to disagree on this one.
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

These grievances against Gavitt Projo are for the most part 30-40 years old. I wasn’t around for this and I cannot understand the grudges. But nobody involved with either program was remotely involved with any of these wrongdoings against URI. We need to grow our program and our fan base which IMO is better if both programs are successful, since it will build up the general interest in college basketball around here and help attendance for both programs. That being said I have no problem with anyone rooting against PC butidont share the hatred
2 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

Billyboy78 wrote:If we start selling out the RC every game, then I will say that PC winning is good for us. Until then, I don't believe it.

First off, who gives a flying F if we beat a bad PC team when we are good? I get a hell of a lot more satisfaction out of beating good teams than bad. Secondly, Selling out the RC every game is not the only way that a PC win is good for us. In the short term, it is good for our resume this year. The better the resume the better the potential to make and advance in March. Build a history of advancing in March and the Ryan Center will fill up more. However, we do still need help from our brethren in the A10. A 35th ranked St, Bonaventure coming off two conference road losses is not going to get the same draw as the #5 team in the country coming into the Dunk.

It's not just about how good we are it's also about how good the teams we play are. Brown is in our state...not too far from PC. Brown sucks. Do you want PC to be another Brown so we can roll them every year? The best home game atmosphere this year was against PC. The building was sold out. If PC starts coming in like Brown, and we can't even sell out the building that day, how is that good for us?
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Billyboy78 wrote:PC beating the #5 team in the country puts them in the national spotlight a lot more than it puts us in the national spotlight. Do you think that puts a lot more fannies in the Dump in the near future or in the RC in the near future? It's PC grabbing more and more of the casual fan. We talk about how filling up the RC is critical to keeping our coach in the future. How does losing potential ticket sales to PC help that cause?
I’m sorry...you honestly believe that there are college basketball junkies in this state who don’t have a favorite team and just decide where they will attend a game based on who just had a big win?

If I wasn’t so viciously hungover right now I would ask you to pass whatever the hell you are high on.
2 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to Rhody's NIL
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

We beat PC weeks ago, no one here agrees to what a good PC team does for us, so let's stop fucking talking about them and move on.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

I thought this thread was about the projo. and the biased reporting of the friars vs the Rams.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

CTRamfan wrote:A single newspaper doesn't make or break a program.

We are getting much more coverage from other media outlets. Our budding fanbase is not former PC fans.
In '98 I used to read the USA Today daily. They covered the top 25 pretty well. They had a much better story each game for URI than the projo did. A team with a National profile, getting covered better by a National newspaper than their own local rag. Continue on......
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RhodyRam86 wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:If we start selling out the RC every game, then I will say that PC winning is good for us. Until then, I don't believe it.

First off, who gives a flying F if we beat a bad PC team when we are good? I get a hell of a lot more satisfaction out of beating good teams than bad. Secondly, Selling out the RC every game is not the only way that a PC win is good for us. In the short term, it is good for our resume this year. The better the resume the better the potential to make and advance in March. Build a history of advancing in March and the Ryan Center will fill up more. However, we do still need help from our brethren in the A10. A 35th ranked St, Bonaventure coming off two conference road losses is not going to get the same draw as the #5 team in the country coming into the Dunk.

It's not just about how good we are it's also about how good the teams we play are. Brown is in our state...not too far from PC. Brown sucks. Do you want PC to be another Brown so we can roll them every year? The best home game atmosphere this year was against PC. The building was sold out. If PC starts coming in like Brown, and we can't even sell out the building that day, how is that good for us?
Agree, we are in a lesser conference. And who is responsible for that? And we sell out the RC and the Dump every year if we are both good, if we are good and they are bad, if they are good and we are bad and if we are both bad. They are our rivals, not Brown. And there are many reasons they are our rivals.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Blue Man wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:PC beating the #5 team in the country puts them in the national spotlight a lot more than it puts us in the national spotlight. Do you think that puts a lot more fannies in the Dump in the near future or in the RC in the near future? It's PC grabbing more and more of the casual fan. We talk about how filling up the RC is critical to keeping our coach in the future. How does losing potential ticket sales to PC help that cause?
I’m sorry...you honestly believe that there are college basketball junkies in this state who don’t have a favorite team and just decide where they will attend a game based on who just had a big win?

If I wasn’t so viciously hungover right now I would ask you to pass whatever the hell you are high on.
I'm on a heavy dose of Metamucil. Want some?
1 x
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Billyboy78 wrote:I'm on a heavy dose of Metamucil. Want some?
This honestly made me laugh. Good work.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
Paleoguy
Marc Upshaw

ramster wrote:All hail the Big East

http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... iew-mirror
Well, their #2 in conference rpi, with 3 teams in the top 6 of the rpi, and had a national champion in very recent years. So, yeah, the non football schools held up well on the division 1 basketball landscape. The Big 12, also a 10 team league, is #1 in rpi. 10 team leagues have an advantage if they enter league play with good rpi's among at least half their teams. That advantage being hearing their names called on Selection Sunday. The NBE is still "new", so their survival and success is still a story. If one ever peruses the UConn board, a lot want to join the NBE, a lot expect it to fold in time. The NBE still has news value locally, especially since it is thriving in the new P5 landscape.

The A10 is ranked #10 in rpi. We can't expect Projo articles praising our league. We need to build very successful seasons to take the state by storm the way PC did in the late 50's, 60's, and 70's. That means going deep in the tourney, and not just once. PC still has the older generation outside South County. We need to capture the next generation overall, by building a program where success in the NCAA is expected, and runs that capture the attention of the state's hoop junkies.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Paleoguy wrote:

Well, their #2 in conference rpi, with 3 teams in the top 6 of the rpi, and had a national champion in very recent years. So, yeah, the non football schools held up well on the division 1 basketball landscape. The Big 12, also a 10 team league, is #1 in rpi. 10 team leagues have an advantage if they enter league play with good rpi's among at least half their teams. That advantage being hearing their names called on Selection Sunday. The NBE is still "new", so their survival and success is still a story. If one ever peruses the UConn board, a lot want to join the NBE, a lot expect it to fold in time. The NBE still has news value locally, especially since it is thriving in the new P5 landscape.

The A10 is ranked #10 in rpi. We can't expect Projo articles praising our league. We need to build very successful seasons to take the state by storm the way PC did in the late 50's, 60's, and 70's. That means going deep in the tourney, and not just once. PC still has the older generation outside South County. We need to capture the next generation overall, by building a program where success in the NCAA is expected, and runs that capture the attention of the state's hoop junkies.
The Projo didn't give 2 craps the years that the A10 had one of the top 5 RPIs in the country a few years ago....
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

steviep123 wrote:
Paleoguy wrote:

The Projo didn't give 2 craps the years that the A10 had one of the top 5 RPIs in the country a few years ago....
The A10 has never had a top 5 RPI. 6th is the best we've done, which was in 2014 when we had 6 teams in the NCAA tournament. For comparison's sake the Big East was 4th that year.

What don't you people whining about the projo get? PC plays in a (deservedly) higher profile league, which brings nationally ranked teams to their home arena a half dozen times a year.

For 2 decades PC was a better team than us. Even the years we beat them, for the most part they were better than us.

The fact that the few of you can't get by this conspiracy theory is ludicrous.

OMG PC got top billing after beating the #5 team in the country? In the regular season we've NEVER beaten a top 5 team. OF COURSE THIS IS BIG NEWS.

You know why beating PC doesn't really matter as much as you want it to? THEY'RE NOT A GOOD TEAM THIS YEAR. They're barely hanging on top a top 75 ranking and they needed a huge upset to do that.

The problem with the few of you who just revere and obsess about everything PC is that you don't know ANYTHING about college basketball outside of this state and what happened from 1950-1988. You have no perspective. None.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT THE STATE OF RHODE ISLAND.

We are not a college basketball hotbed. We don't produce NBA or 5 star D1 talent on the regular. We are not a major media market. The "flagship" program that you keep referring to of this state is a middle-of-the-pack performer in a fringe top 5 conference. That team has a decent but not elite history, but at least a final four birth on their record.

The state's "second" team, since you all need to keep playing up the little brother card, is a top-of-the-pack performer in a 6-10 ranked conference. It has a middling history at best and was irrelevant for the greater part of 2 decades until a few years back.

The lot of you being internet mad at the happenings on Fountain Street think that somehow, if the Journal ignores all of the contextual realities of the historic performances of both these programs in a national picture, somehow trumps up top 100 victories and big time showdowns between a 30th ranked team and a 150th ranked team, and does all of that instead of promoting a top 75 team playing top 25 teams on the regular, in a bigger arena, in a bigger population center, in a bigger conference that has actual national championship implications - that more people will show up to URI games?

You're just too thick to even get through to.

I'll keep trying though, because at least the people who peer in on this forum from outside of this fanbase will know that some of us have cable television and an internet connection that links up to sites outside of the 401 area code.
9 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

ProJo Ram coverage was excellent in 88. Driven of course by everybody’s love affair with Penders and the huge local aspects of the story.

We were the talk of the town and Friartown was suffering especially after their biggest year was a recent memory.

That was a great team. Couldn’t beat Temple but almost got another chance.....
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Reynolds column today is the perfect example of what we mean by the slant at the promo.
‒ Here we are in the middle of the season and both URI and PC are both in the NCAA Tournament chase.

Are they there yet?

Of course not.

But they’re on the path.

In short, they’re both where they want to be in mid-January.

In short, they’re both on track to get in the tournament for the second straight time. Prior to last season, that hadn’t happened in 20 years.
What a joke.

To imply the URI and PC are having equal seasons is a damn joke.

Notice the downplay of us and overstate pc?

We are fighting for a 5th seed and PC is fighting just to be in but somehow we're both "on the path" and we are "in the chase"

Pretty sure PC isn't where they want to be. Guessing they want to be comfortably in. Unless losing to cupcakes in the OOC is what the program wants

This is also what we mean when we get on Koch. This is how you write about a team to hide the warts and prop them up without full on cheerleading.
3 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

Reynolds is just filling space no research or thought whatsoever
1 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:Reynolds column today is the perfect example of what we mean by the slant at the promo.
‒ Here we are in the middle of the season and both URI and PC are both in the NCAA Tournament chase.

Are they there yet?

Of course not.

But they’re on the path.

In short, they’re both where they want to be in mid-January.

In short, they’re both on track to get in the tournament for the second straight time. Prior to last season, that hadn’t happened in 20 years.
What a joke.

To imply the URI and PC are having equal seasons is a damn joke.

Notice the downplay of us and overstate pc?

We are fighting for a 5th seed and PC is fighting just to be in but somehow we're both "on the path" and we are "in the chase"

Pretty sure PC isn't where they want to be. Guessing they want to be comfortably in. Unless losing to cupcakes in the OOC is what the program wants

This is also what we mean when we get on Koch. This is how you write about a team to hide the warts and prop them up without full on cheerleading.

I don’t get the rush to play victim.

Nothing he said there was wrong. If you’ve been a fan for long enough you’d know that you can go from “in” to “our” rather quickly.

Considering that both teams as of this moment are predicted to be in the field, that’s sort of exactly what each team was expecting.
1 x

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

There is absolutely nothing wrong or bias with what he said.
2 x
Go Rhody
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Reynolds is well past his prime, but agree, there is nothing in those statements to complain about. Some on this board have an inferiority complex when it comes to URI and they look for things to complain about.
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Reynolds hasn't had an original thought in 30 years.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

FWIW, NBC aired our highlights before PC highlights, and that’s on a channel based in Providence minutes from the Dunk.

Everyone is not out to get us, as many have made it out to be recently.
2 x
Go Rhody
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Reynolds still has a job?! It certainly isn't because of the quality or originality of his writing. I stopped reading him before this here Interwebs showed up because I'm not a fan of cliches and formulaic writing.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

was anyone able to watch the PC game? it was on CBSSN right after URI, but from where I am, the network seemed to be having a problem. I saw only the first 3 minutes of the game then it cut out. Missed the rest. Not sure if this was a local or national issue, but if the latter, could you imagine the conspiracy theory if it was URI that got messed up after the PC game? yikes!
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

RhodyRam86 wrote:was anyone able to watch the PC game? it was on CBSSN right after URI, but from where I am, the network seemed to be having a problem. I saw only the first 3 minutes of the game then it cut out. Missed the rest. Not sure if this was a local or national issue, but if the latter, could you imagine the conspiracy theory if it was URI that got messed up after the PC game? yikes!
I didn't watch the whole thing, but I checked in for the score now and then. I didn't see any problem. Perhaps it was your cable provider having a problem.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Rhody15 wrote:FWIW, NBC aired our highlights before PC highlights, and that’s on a channel based in Providence minutes from the Dunk.

Hey...just because you're not paranoid...doesn't mean everyone's not out to get you.... :lol: :lol:
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:FWIW, NBC aired our highlights before PC highlights, and that’s on a channel based in Providence minutes from the Dunk.

Hey...just because you're not paranoid...doesn't mean everyone's not out to get you.... :lol: :lol:
I know Cobain said that...did he get it from anybody else?
0 x