12/16 | Charleston Cougars | 4:00PM

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: 12/16 | Charleston Cougars | 4:00PM

Unread post by reef »

Would love a 20 point win on our home court just for confidence sakes
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Yes, we could use that but I'll settle for simply winning the game.
Last edited by ramster 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fantastic news looks like we are at full strength could spell trouble for the Iona Gaels ???
0 x
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

I got a good laugh out of KenPom saying that Iona's defensive fingerprint is "inconclusive." Hey, Ken, it's because they don't play defense. Should be a fun game for URI to take the restrictor plates off and really run. Hopefully shooting their way out of their funk. I think this game came at the exact right time for them.
1 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

I know the game threads are premade this year, and we are trying for the reviews again.. but we may need to post the threads with a place holder so we can discuss the upcoming games. I appreciate the reviews and the new system, but just think the next game thread should go up no later then the day after the previous game.
4 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Agreed. I would even say we should have the next two game threads always live. So in this case Iona and Florida Gulf Coast should be live. Shortly after Iona tips/ends the George Mason thread should go live. But certainly Iona should have gone live as soon as Charleston ended.
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Especially once the FGCU game ends, the games will come much closer together for the rest of the season.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

rambone 78 wrote:Especially once the FGCU game ends, the games will come much closer together for the rest of the season.
thankfully.....
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

How big is Iona? Seems they rely on the 3 heavily. This could bode well for us.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Agreed. I would even say we should have the next two game threads always live. So in this case Iona and Florida Gulf Coast should be live. Shortly after Iona tips/ends the George Mason thread should go live. But certainly Iona should have gone live as soon as Charleston ended.
Hey I don't disagree with you guys. Full disclosure I had three assumptions about the game threads this year that haven't come to pass: (1) there would be more interest from other posters who wanted to put them together so I didn't have to do every one of them (Native has done two of them, they were excellent and much appreciated, but he can't do them all, either); (2) that I would have sufficient time to work on them each week, but between having a newborn and being busier with work than I've ever been, the timing has not been good for me to spend the time I would need to get the game threads fully baked before it is time to post them; and (3) that they would be simpler to put together than they turned out to be.

So the solution is going to be that the threads are going to go up a week before the games, and I'll work on the content in the OP as we go and post alerts in the thread when the OP has been updated.
4 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Sounds like a good plan. I might have more time coming up so I'll see about contributing to them.
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

theblueram wrote:How big is Iona? Seems they rely on the 3 heavily. This could bode well for us.
Not very big. Their average height of starters is less than an inch taller than URI (with their 4-guard line-up).
0 x