12/6 | Alabama Crimson Tide | 8:00PM

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Re: 12/6 | Alabama Crimson Tide | 8:00PM

Unread post by theblueram »

EGram wrote:
theblueram wrote:After Bama, there aren't many teams on our schedule who can go after him mercilessly.

In that sense it was a blessing in disguise we play all the really Athletically gifted teams early.. Cause Andre could really go to work vs the conference this year i feel.
Also a blessing we get a rested and healed Langevine for Conference play. We are fine.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

EGram wrote:On the whole getting back on defense thing.

This has been a problem for years and one of the first things i really watched out for this year was if the team seemed to have fixed this. It's been a problem with virtually every Hurley team that i can recall in the sense that it often seemed that any team that is smart enough to try to test us here is almost guaranteed to get a few easy buckets.

In fairness It seemed like the team made some improvements here and although teams were not really looking for it the team did seem to be improving before regressing in this area vs PC. Hopefully the last game was a wakeup call.

I think we should win since i honestly don't think BAMA is that good. But Rod is also 100% right that Berry needs to concentrate better. He has been liable to lose his man at times or screw up on switches. The problem is he seems incapable of moving at more then a light jog i call "Dre speed". I think We've been lucky so far teams have really not exploited this much, likely because they had so little scouting or film on him before the year. He needs to really step it up or teams will start going after him mercilessly.
The suffocating perimeter D has to be a factor, too, doesn't it?...It can't be easy to get the ball anywhere, never mind inside, with someone like Fatts, Dowtin, Garret or ________ all up in your grille...

("'Dre speed"...love it)
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Well there is UMass' Rashaan Holloway ....
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Who is super strong but is slower and has worse conditioning than Berry. And even if he has big games, there's not enough around him for it to matter
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Egram, can you use c/s after posts like that? cmon many people won't get the sarcasm.
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Sorry, i wasn't being sarcastic. I really meant that i expect Andre to do better in a seemingly less talented a-10 then i would have vs previous years.

Just not a great writer heh.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

EGram wrote:Sorry, i wasn't being sarcastic. I really meant that i expect Andre to do better in a seemingly less talented a-10 then i would have vs previous years.

Just not a great writer heh.
You do realize Berry is off the bench when Langevine is back. Perhaps not.
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Any way. doesn't matter. We kicked the crap out of two little east teams so we are on target for the dance.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Dan in interview on Cyril:
On Cyril Langevine's limited role against PC: It was probably a little bit of health, not so much matchup and he was just struggling. It’s hard to miss 10 days, practice sparingly, play a little bit against Brown and then get into a game that’s played at that level. He obviously struggled a little bit offensively. He’s an important player for us and if we’re going to accomplish the things we want to accomplish, we’ve got to get him up to speed quickly. We can’t survive with that version of him.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
theblueram
Frank Keaney

As Reef would say "Bye Bye Egram, Bye Bye"
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

What channel is sec+?
Cox isn't showing this game in the listings.

:D
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

SEC NETWORK TO BROADCAST THE GAME

•Wendesday's game will air on the SEC Network and will stream on the Watch ESPN platform.
•Eli Gold will have the play-by-play and former Alabama head coach Wimp Sanderson will be the color analyst.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I have heard Wimp do a few Bama games this year. He can be very critical of their players. He still thinks he is coaching.
0 x
Native
ARD

Unread post by Native »

0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

EGram wrote:On the whole getting back on defense thing.

This has been a problem for years and one of the first things i really watched out for this year was if the team seemed to have fixed this. It's been a problem with virtually every Hurley team that i can recall in the sense that it often seemed that any team that is smart enough to try to test us here is almost guaranteed to get a few easy buckets.

In fairness It seemed like the team made some improvements here and although teams were not really looking for it the team did seem to be improving before regressing in this area vs PC. Hopefully the last game was a wakeup call.

I think we should win since i honestly don't think BAMA is that good. But Rod is also 100% right that Berry needs to concentrate better. He has been liable to lose his man at times or screw up on switches. The problem is he seems incapable of moving at more then a light jog i call "Dre speed". I think We've been lucky so far teams have really not exploited this much, likely because they had so little scouting or film on him before the year. He needs to really step it up or teams will start going after him mercilessly.
Ive always been upset about these teams not getting back. Getting beat down the floor.

Hassan Martin should have never been beat down the floor.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

IDK why Gil Biruta was the MAN on here with like 6 points and 4 rebounds.

Then Berry will give you like 12 points and 7 rebounds in 20 minutes and he is a liability.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:IDK why Gil Biruta was the MAN on here with like 6 points and 4 rebounds.

Then Berry will give you like 12 points and 7 rebounds in 20 minutes and he is a liability.
I like Berry but no way he has been getting 7 renounds per game. His avg is 4.4. He is avg 10.4 points which is great.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

ramster wrote:SEC NETWORK TO BROADCAST THE GAME

•Wendesday's game will air on the SEC Network and will stream on the Watch ESPN platform.
•Eli Gold will have the play-by-play and former Alabama head coach Wimp Sanderson will be the color analyst.
1. What is the SEC Network?
A channel developed by ESPN and the Southeastern Conference to serve fans of one of the nation's most elite conference - the SEC. The network airs SEC content 24/7 including 45 SEC football games, 100 men's basketball games, 60 women's basketball games, 75 baseball games, 50 softball games and additional events from the SEC's 21 annual sports. Programming also includes studio shows such as SEC Now and The Paul Finebaum Show, and original content such as SEC Storied.

2. Where can I find the SEC Network channel on TV?
Use the SEC Network Channel Finder.

You can also watch online, on this website and WatchESPN apps.

Click to Find Out How!

3. What is the difference between SEC Network, SEC Network + and SEC Network Alternate Channel?
SEC Network is a live 24-hour television network.

SEC Network Alternate is an additional television channel. It is not live 24-hours a day. Content only appears on the channel on occasion when games overlap.

SEC Network + provides hundreds of additional digital only events to fans through the WatchESPN app on smartphones, computers, and tablets, Amazon Fire TV and Fire TV Stick, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. SEC Network + is not a television channel.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

The key sentence in my last post is the last one...
SEC Network + is not an actual TV network...
It's online only...
ESPN 3
0 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I miss the days of 3 networks and UHF. Nowadays you need an advanced degree in computer science metaphysics to watch a basketball game.

HEY YOU DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
0 x
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

You're all geezers
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

rhodyrudder wrote:The key sentence in my last post is the last one...
SEC Network + is not an actual TV network...
It's online only...
ESPN 3
This is 100% correct and it is amazing how unwilling people seem to be to understand and accept it. It does seem weird that this game has been relegated to this internet content outpost, but hey I don't get paid to make programming decisions. (I've also never been responsible for bleeding money like ESPN is nowadays, but I digress.)
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Yeah, I have no idea why you'd put Loyola Chicago at Florida on TV ahead of this game. Great job ESPN!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

PeteRI wrote:I miss the days of 3 networks and UHF. Nowadays you need an advanced degree in computer science metaphysics to watch a basketball game.

HEY YOU DAMN KIDS GET OFF MY LAWN!!!!
And while that's true...back in 'those days'....you might not have been able to see 'any' Rhody games on TV all year. I'll take the trade-off...plus, I have millennial kids to help navigate it all, which is actually probably MORE helpful than an advanced degree in computer science metaphysics... :lol:
1 x
spookydog
Tom Garrick

Unread post by spookydog »

Get Rolled Tide
1 x
If there's a God, he is laughing at us
And our football team.
-Ben Folds

@CBro33
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Guys, I was being facetious. I've been on the Interwebs since '92. Just can't believe for the $1,532.91 I pay a month to Verizon I can't watch a f**king game on my tee vee.
4 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Yeah, I have no idea why you'd put Loyola Chicago at Florida on TV ahead of this game. Great job ESPN!
I think the SEC network only really thinks about the SEC and not the wider appeal of the game. Florida basketball program is a bigger and better program than the Alabama basketball program, and historically has probably drawn much bigger TV audiences than Alabama. I doubt the decision went any deeper than that.

Frustrating for sure.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

A win tonight would be another resume builder and could get the Rams into the rankings where, if they took care of business at home as expected, they could stay for several weeks.
1 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

Brown at PC is on FS2 and we're nowhere to be found. :|
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yes, can we please stop confusing everyone over how to watch the game? Because some other SID is lazy and types SEC Network, and they mean that generically, doesn't mean that's where we'll find it on TV.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Yeah, I have no idea why you'd put Loyola Chicago at Florida on TV ahead of this game. Great job ESPN!
Maybe the guest color commentator will be Loyola's most famous alum, Bob Newhart.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

0 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

Looked at the guide and it's not on the SEC network. Not sure if that will change.

The only thing I'm really worried about are the refs. We are a team from the northeast that plays a very aggressive style defense.

The refs could really take this game away from us. It wouldn't surprise me if they had more than twice the free throws that we get.
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Smokinjimit wrote:Looked at the guide and it's not on the SEC network. Not sure if that will change.

The only thing I'm really worried about are the refs. We are a team from the northeast that plays a very aggressive style defense.

The refs could really take this game away from us. It wouldn't surprise me if they had more than twice the free throws that we get.
URI has done well in that part of the country during DH's tenure.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Love this quote.....

“This is a man’s team we’ve got coming on tomorrow,” Johnson said. “This (game) ain’t for boys.”

http://www.tuscaloosanews.com/news/2017 ... panic-mode
4 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Johnson said that freshman guard John Petty, who aggravated an ankle sprain in the first half of the UCF game “should be fine” to play against Rhode Island.
0 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Smokinjimit wrote:Looked at the guide and it's not on the SEC network. Not sure if that will change.

It's on SECN+

You will need to watch it on the WatchESPN app
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

BleedBlue87 wrote:

It's on SECN+

Over/Under how many more times someone will ask?
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
URI_05
ARD

Unread post by URI_05 »

Can we ban the next person who asks?
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Blue Man wrote:
BleedBlue87 wrote:

It's on SECN+

Over/Under how many more times someone will ask?
Wonder what the folks in Alabama must be thinking reading this :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

I am a technological idiot and I've been able to work this out. it's not very difficult.

First off, you will need to get the WatchESPN app. on your phone or computer. It's free.

I'm sure there are other ways to get it to your tv, but I bought Chromecast at Staples for $35. From what I've heard, you may get it at Best Buy for as little as $20. It took about 10-15 minutes to get this set up on my living room TV. The instructions in Chromecast are very easy to follow.

I'm sure there will be other URI games throughout the year that will be on ESPN3 (which you will get through the WatchESPN app). Once you've set up Chromecast you will be set for the season.
2 x
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

:lol: So what channel is it on? :lol: :lol: :lol:
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Smokinjimit wrote::lol: So what channel is it on? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha...
I'm goin to '86's house
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

RhodyRam86 wrote:I am a technological idiot and I've been able to work this out. it's not very difficult.

First off, you will need to get the WatchESPN app. on your phone or computer. It's free.

I'm sure there are other ways to get it to your tv, but I bought Chromecast at Staples for $35. From what I've heard, you may get it at Best Buy for as little as $20. It took about 10-15 minutes to get this set up on my living room TV. The instructions in Chromecast are very easy to follow.

I'm sure there will be other URI games throughout the year that will be on ESPN3 (which you will get through the WatchESPN app). Once you've set up Chromecast you will be set for the season.
Agreed. In addition, anything you can watch on your Chrome Browser on your laptop or pc, you can also watch on the same tv your chromecast is connected to (assuming they are connected to the same network). It's great!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

steviep123 wrote:
RhodyRam86 wrote:I am a technological idiot and I've been able to work this out. it's not very difficult.

Agreed. In addition, anything you can watch on your Chrome Browser on your laptop or pc, you can also watch on the same tv your chromecast is connected to (assuming they are connected to the same network). It's great!
even easier, its on watchespn.com

just put put the game on your laptop, connect to the TV with an HDMI cord and put your laptop screen on the TV
2 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I found an elephant in my pajamas. What he was doing in my pajamas I'll never know. Of course in Alabama the Tuscaloosa.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I am WatchESPN on my phone baby !!!
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
steviep123 wrote:

even easier, its on watchespn.com

just put put the game on your laptop, connect to the TV with an HDMI cord and put your laptop screen on the TV
Or this
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

My biggest concern with this game is emotion. Coming off such a big, emotional game on Saturday, do they have enough in the tank for another very difficult game?
0 x
Justns11
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Justns11 »

Also, if you have an Amazon Fire Stick, click on Apps and scroll down to the WatchESPN app, put in your TV subscription information and it works perfectly. Tested it all out last night and it took less than 5 minutes to set up.
0 x