12/2 | Providence Friars | 5:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
kmillr
Abdul Fox

Re: 12/2 | Providence Friars | 5:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by kmillr »

ram1980 wrote:Great article by Katz... Read that Koch and friends. Someone who really does not know our program with some real reporting.. Rhody rhody rhody
Never buy the PROJO Rag ( after today I know why) Bought one today. ( never will again )
Not sure who won yesterday...
Koch and Mac are awful!!!
3 x
EZBuckets
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EZBuckets »

What a win! That one instantly moves onto my list of favorite games at the Ryan Center.

Just wanted to stop in and thank everyone who was there last night; the fans and the students were exceptional. Once we got over that slow start, the students were dialed in, on their feet & loud for the ENTIRE game.

How anyone could criticize them is beyond me - even the TV guys were pointing to the crowd being a huge X factor. Especially for those crucial final 3 minutes when we were trying to hold off their run. My final timeout rant to get everyone on their feet was HUGE in crunch time. The place was shaking.

Oh and for anyone who doesn’t follow me on twitter, enjoy -

Last edited by EZBuckets 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
17 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

RF1 wrote:The kid in the student section shouting obscenities during the anthem was an idiot that showed no class. Was glad that some in that end (may even have been the PC fans) started to sing the anthem to drown him out.
I agree about the yelling during the anthem. Misguided excitement.
I think everyone started singing because the girl was off key that was singing. Trying to help her. She seemed nervous.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

Projo showing themselves to be the PC rag we know they are.

Zero mention of the gse anywhere in the main section. No pic or headline on the front page, nothing. Lord knows it'd be the A1 story if PC won. They can't go under soon enough
8 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Has anyone located a replay of the game? Would like to see it from a tv perspective.
1 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

I too was
Shocked there was no mention of the game on the front page.

Without question it would be there if PC had won.
4 x
Go Rhody
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Whoever made this picture- very nicely done!

2 x
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Billyboy78 wrote:We totally dominated the PG matchup. Cartwright is supposed to be a top 5ish PG in the country. Whether it was Jarvis or Fatts, we totally dominated him, and I mean TOTALLY DOMINATED!
THIS. All I see from Friar fans is that PC stands for "Pointguard College" and that Ed Cooley can recruit circles around Hurley. Then Rhody's freshman PG comes in and just bodies them.
11 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Anyone who came to the game and didn't expect the "f*ck PC" chants, welcome to URI-PC game because that's been an on-going chant for the last 10+ years. The students were electric and made the environment tough to play in. Anyone who is embarrassed by the student section can straight up stay home and watch it on TV.
11 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Yeah, it was nice to see Fatts match up against Top 50 point guard Ashton-Langford. Two freshmen. I think Fatts was definitely underrated.
10 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

+1 for excellent emoji usage

10 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

KevanBoyles wrote:Finally a game where one of our major reasons we won was because of our performance of the free-throw line. Jared and Stan didn’t shoot well from the field but they were great from the line.
This is a tired narrative. We beat 2 big East teams this year with exceptional free throw shooting.
7 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

ace wrote:+1 for excellent emoji usage

Guarded him...and absolutely ate his lunch.
6 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

Jarvis made Cartwright look like a CBI caliber player yesterday. Great to see JG’s confidence back.

Also noticed that Cooley played zone for 2 speperate possessions, URI scored 5 points with an open high low layup and then an open 3. Both baskets got the crowd pumped and the momentum built. Just can’t chance playing zone at this level even for a possession which is one thing I’ve always liked about Hurley’s strategy.

Little disappointed I didn’t see a picture of that walk-on from PC shooting a free throw in the paper today.
6 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

BleedBlue87 wrote:Anyone who came to the game and didn't expect the "f*ck PC" chants, welcome to URI-PC game because that's been an on-going chant for the last 10+ years. The students were electric and made the environment tough to play in. Anyone who is embarrassed by the student section can straight up stay home and watch it on TV.
And it's calm compared to what it was in the 70s....some brutal brawls in the stands., and on the court. And I agree. If anyone is offended by bad words at a sporting event, watch it on TV
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

theblueram wrote:Yeah, it was nice to see Fatts match up against Top 50 point guard Ashton-Langford. Two freshmen. I think Fatts was definitely underrated.
If Fatts was 6'2", he would have been rated at least a 4* prospect, possibly even a 5*.
3 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

URI2006_Andy wrote:Jarvis made Cartwright look like a CBI caliber player yesterday. Great to see JG’s confidence back.

Also noticed that Cooley played zone for 2 speperate possessions, URI scored 5 points with an open high low layup and then an open 3. Both baskets got the crowd pumped and the momentum built. Just can’t chance playing zone at this level even for a possession which is one thing I’ve always liked about Hurley’s strategy.

Little disappointed I didn’t see a picture of that walk-on from PC shooting a free throw in the paper today.
Yeah, he's from Portsmouth, but since he goes to that despicable school, I gave him shit anyway.
0 x
URI2006_Andy
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by URI2006_Andy »

Billyboy78 wrote:
URI2006_Andy wrote:Jarvis made Cartwright look like a CBI caliber player yesterday. Great to see JG’s confidence back.

Yeah, he's from Portsmouth, but since he goes to that despicable school, I gave him shit anyway.
He did cause a turnover so he did do his job. But he plays for PC so we got to let him have it for the wild looking free throw.
0 x
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

A great environment. The Ryan Center was LOUD !
Thanks to everybody for cheering their hearts out.
Thanks to the team for playing their hearts out.
Thanks to coach for some great strategy moves.

For you great RUCKUS folk, please stop the "Puck whoever" chant. URI stands for more class than that.
For the idiot who was screaming during the Anthem.............what were you thinking of? You made a fool of yourself.
For those who then started singing the Anthem, my hats off to you.
3 x
URI'21
Kenny Green

Unread post by URI'21 »

Loved waving goodbye to the PC fans as they left the stands with a minute left
3 x
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Great day at the Ryan Center. I am glad the man responsible for the Ryan Center, Lincoln Almond, got to enjoy the victory. Huge props to the students!!! WE NEED THAT EVERY HOME GAME!

Love this Ram team and the way they play. They are their coach and I especially love how he fights with them for every call and ball.

Now let’s go beat Alabama and show the country these Rams are for real!!!

Rhody Rhody Rhody!!!!
1 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

With a healthy Cyril and EC and our guard depth, we can play with anyone in the country. Boy, this Kool-aid tastes good!
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Awesome! As Frankie Valle used to sing "Oh What A Night"!!!!!!!!!!!

A real good game by Berry cannot get overlooked.

What a week for Fatts. Let's get healthy and stay that way.
2 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

CTRamfan wrote:A great environment. The Ryan Center was LOUD !

For you great RUCKUS folk, please stop the "Puck whoever" chant. URI stands for more class than that.

That I think will never happen. Nor should it. Hell, now they just say "Bullshit" to a bad offical's call. We used to chant "Asshole"
2 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I recorded the game so I could rewatch. Such a pleasure, though I still didn't see why Hurley got such a quick T. I do wish the bro ad casters did their homework .... they confused Jeff and Jarvis when talking about him losing 18 pounds and missing a bunch of playing time due to colitis.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I have an actually watch the game yet. I have it recorded and I’m looking forward to watching it after the patriots game
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

So who is posting the game to youtube?
4 x
---
---
sevegny7
Art Stephenson

Unread post by sevegny7 »

For all those who argue about the attendance impact a pc win has for future games...well I guess we will only find out hahaha.
2 x
Jaffers
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by Jaffers »

There's a free full replay of the game at friartv.com
2 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

Incredible time yesterday. Took my 6 yr old daughter- most engaged and attentive at a sporting event that she’s ever been. Great atmosphere. Would agree with others that concessions are a mess. Tried to go quick before the half. Only 1 of 2 registers were being used. Employee was changing bills instead of ringing people out. Didn’t seem like there was any kind of manager directing the employees. More of a systems issue it seems.
4 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:So who is posting the game to youtube?
I was planning to but the internet sucked at the game and I couldnt get logged into my home computer to rip the stream.

REAALLLYYY hoping someone else can step up. I assume a PC fan somewhere recorded it but I doubt they will upload now
2 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhodyram wrote:Incredible time yesterday. Took my 6 yr old daughter- most engaged and attentive at a sporting event that she’s ever been. Great atmosphere. Would agree with others that concessions are a mess. Tried to go quick before the half. Only 1 of 2 registers were being used. Employee was changing bills instead of ringing people out. Didn’t seem like there was any kind of manager directing the employees. More of a systems issue it seems.
Seems like just as much of a "process" issue - perhaps a student could do a lean six sigma project on it.... :lol:
1 x
rjsuperfly66
Carlton Owens

Unread post by rjsuperfly66 »

http://www.friartv.com/?m=1

! Message from: ATPTourFan
Highly recommended to download this YouTube copy to your computer as there is no guarantee it stays available online if there is a copyright claim against the channel. 4K Downloader is a Free program for Mac or Windows that easily allows you to download and save this video for playback however you like, forever.
13 x
Rhody09
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhody09 »

rjsuperfly66 wrote:http://www.friartv.com/?m=1
Thanks!!
1 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Thanks RJ. Nice!
2 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Rhody74 wrote:I recorded the game so I could rewatch. Such a pleasure, though I still didn't see why Hurley got such a quick T. I do wish the bro ad casters did their homework .... they confused Jeff and Jarvis when talking about him losing 18 pounds and missing a bunch of playing time due to colitis.
Most of the windbags who do our games have never seen us play and don't know until they parachute in on game day, read the season stats and (maybe) watch the morning walk-through.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Always knew you were one of the good ones RJ. haha
1 x
---
---
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

One last thing (for now): Remember Coolio's performance last night -- shirttail flapping, throwing his jacket, complaining and crying all night -- the next time you want to complain about Dan's sideline demeanor.
6 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Thanks RJ ! True sportsmanship on your part. We should all follow your lead!
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

BleedBlue87 wrote:Anyone who came to the game and didn't expect the "f*ck PC" chants, welcome to URI-PC game because that's been an on-going chant for the last 10+ years. The students were electric and made the environment tough to play in. Anyone who is embarrassed by the student section can straight up stay home and watch it on TV.

I am not on the student section. They were great for the most part. I just however do not think ONE of them should have shouted an obscenity laced chant DURING the anthem.
3 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

URI'21 wrote:Loved waving goodbye to the PC fans as they left the stands with a minute left

I did as well. Many of them acknowledged me by giving me a one finger salute on their way out.
2 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

RF1 wrote:
URI'21 wrote:Loved waving goodbye to the PC fans as they left the stands with a minute left

I did as well. Many of them acknowledged me by giving me a one finger salute on their way out.
But...but...they represent a classy catholic institution. They would NEVER!
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

The last one, with even the last rows filled, is phenomenal.

Link to all of them here-

http://www.photobyfriday.com/Sports/Bas ... son/URI-PC
4 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Picked up the ProJo at stop n shop. Looked at the front page. Put it back down. Show my school no respect with no mention of the biggest event of the weekend on your front page?

Left it in the store. Money still in my pocket.
6 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Awesome thanks man
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

This is awesome!

0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Adam. Was just going to post the same thing. Good Stuff
0 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
theblueram
Frank Keaney

TP, where's the Bama thread?
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

theblueram wrote:TP, where's the Bama thread?
Later tonight or tomorrow morning.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Does anyone have an clue why Cooley decided to put Planek in at the end of the game?

Very interesting decision right there.
0 x
Go Rhody