12/2 | Providence Friars | 5:00PM (CBSSN)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Re: 12/2 | Providence Friars | 5:00PM (CBSSN)

Unread post by rambone 78 »

All this talk about Koch.

Back to the game.

My X factor key to the game is Fatts.

If he can make a few 3's, and slow down Cartwright....URI will win.

Hopefully Dan gives him enough of an opportunity to do so....especially if JG struggles.
3 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

rambone 78 wrote:All this talk about Koch.

Back to the game.

My X factor key to the game is Fatts.

If he can make a few 3's, and slow down Cartwright....URI will win.

Hopefully Dan gives him enough of an opportunity to do so....especially if JG struggles.
......exactly, the big game stage is not gonna rattle him.......think he will make major impacts, both ends of floor......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

I think we put Stan on Bullock and how that goes will have a huge impact on the game. Personally I think he will do a great job on him.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

this game is enormous for URI. we must win tomorrow or at Alabama or win the A10. remember where we were last year after OOC. we had 1 quality win (cincy) and losses to duke, at providence, Houston, and valpo. we were fortunate to be able to add a top 50 win vs. VCU at the end of the year just to be associated with "the bubble". we will not have that fortune this year. the a10 has horrible losses up and down. we will be lucky to add a top 75 win in conference and I just don't think 1 win out of conference is going to do it.

and despite what some on this board think, in my opinion, we will not be able to rely on the injury to EC to get out of jail. in order to use an injury, you have to beat good teams with that player being healthy. then when you lose games while that player is injured you can use the injury as an excuse...so long as he is healthy come selection time.

Let's go Rhody! Beat PC!
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Rhody’s bigs need to contribute on D and rebounding to prevent second chances and a high FG% by PC from scoring in the lane.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
spar
Kenny Green

Unread post by spar »

So pumped as always. Have the childhood jitters of Christmas Eve. Love when we host. The electricity walking into the Ryan...the hum in the arena as you make your way to your seat. Love what Jarvis said about it...

"It’s bigger that Dayton, than VCU. You really can’t hear anything. You can’t hear coach say anything. You’ve just got to go out and play. It’s really on the players."

Time to start our own winning streak. Let's take care of business tomorrow. No excuses, get it done. LET'S GO RHODY!!!!
3 x
HASwatTeam
Jeff Kent

Unread post by HASwatTeam »

hrstrat57 wrote:Please !!

No talk about practice!!

We have a nearly 7000+ seat on campus arena!!!!

PC has a dump downtown!!

So they be getting a practice facility.....

So what??

FKNA
PC fans are the worst, and I meant the WORST, but saying the DD Center is a dump is outlandish. That's a high quality arena even if the fans who fill it suck. And now that they're gaining a practice facility this VERY well may boost PC to the next level.

Nonetheless...the RC is everything we could ask for (minus some minor improvements that will likely occur in coming years) I just don't wait to drop down to the dumb comment level that PC fans say.

I see URI using the crowd to their advantage...but if the refs get whistle happy, it won't bode well for us.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Fired up also let's get this done Rhody nation !!!
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Obadiah wrote:The word university is derived from the word "universe" with all the connotations of that element- open, multi-directional, expansive. So what can you say about a school that regularly bans plays it doesn't like - "The Vagina Monologues"- or speakers whose view doesn't fit their rigid views???? Just saying.
With their curriculum, they're a great, though massively overpriced, regional school for pumping out high school English and History teachers, CCD teachers and Renaissance Fair actors. For everything else, especially in the sciences, you're better off anywhere else.

Does PC even offer a hard science as a major? Maybe a science major such as chemistry or biology to be a teacher.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Chris DiSano is a must read.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

The PC Journal does it again. Huge picture on the front of the sports page with a picture of Jarvis taking a shot over Bullock in last year's game. The caption under the picture says it's Jared Terrell. What an embarrassment. Koch must be really proud to work at that rag.
4 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:The PC Journal does it again. Huge picture on the front of the sports page with a picture of Jarvis taking a shot over Bullock in last year's game. The caption under the picture says it's Jared Terrell. What an embarrassment. Koch must be really proud to work at that rag.
Wow, really? Paging RF1 to get the link to the print version...
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

They did it on purpose.
Cooley and Koch are having a good laugh about it.
Whatever, just win the game....
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Good luck to Jared and Jarvis today. They are carrying the pressure of the past teams not winning. I hope they both have a great game that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Rhody Rhody Rhody Rams Rams Rams!
3 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

Still excited and nervous about today after over 50 years of watching uri-pc. If i could have two sports holiday wishes, one would be a big win today and two, if I could time travel with the younger posters back to Keaney in the 60's to watch THE game. Where students surrounded the entire lower section of the gym and they also brought in a football bleacher to squeeze a couple of hundred more into keaney. Talk about atmosphere. But we have a chance to have that atmosphere today. When you think it's loud, make it louder. For all the reasons I drive the hour and forty minutes, the main one is today. It's college basketball at its finest. In a way, we should be just as tired as the players (sort of kidding), but you get what I mean. As for a key of the game, it's a minor one but when we pressure their guards and force a turnover we need to finish the fast break. Based on our inconsistency at the foul line, make the basket! and not settle for one of two from the line. I have my "I bleed keaney blue" t shirt ready. Let's effin beat them!
7 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Just saw Uri social media and students have been waiting in line for tickets since late last night. I love it. Go Rams!
3 x
GO RAMS
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhodymob05 wrote:Just saw Uri social media and students have been waiting in line for tickets since late last night. I love it. Go Rams!
......hope they are staying.....hydrated.......
3 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhody83 wrote:Good luck to Jared and Jarvis today. They are carrying the pressure of the past teams not winning. I hope they both have a great game that they will remember for the rest of their lives. Rhody Rhody Rhody Rams Rams Rams!
......and same for Stan, Buckets? And anyone else associated with this game for the last time.....
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Billyboy78 wrote:
As you can see, the line is out in the street.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

section(105) wrote:
Rhodymob05 wrote:Just saw Uri social media and students have been waiting in line for tickets since late last night. I love it. Go Rams!
I'm assuming they pick up a bracelet or something this morning then they can rest/recuperate/re'hydrate' for the evening tip.
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:
section(105) wrote:
I'm assuming they pick up a bracelet or something this morning then they can rest/recuperate/re'hydrate' for the evening tip.
Yes, Ruckus members were given bracelets yesterday. Other students, this morning.
0 x
Rhodekill
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Rhodekill »

Out of the country and looking for a way to stream this game. HELP !
0 x
"What happens next is going to be big and it's going to be beautiful "
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

2 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Rhodekill wrote:Out of the country and looking for a way to stream this game. HELP !
There are usually a few sketchy sites that constantly stream CBS Sports Network. Use an updated browser like Chrome and ensure you have ad-blockers on. Be careful what you click. Don't install anything -- nothing required to stream video. I'm sure others will chime in.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Rhodekill wrote:Out of the country and looking for a way to stream this game. HELP !
You can stream on CBS sports website as long as you have cox or Verizon.

Otherwise there are sketchy sites that will pop up later.

Also I will hopefully upload a rip of the HD stream tomorrow at some point if everything works out
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Somebody on twitter said some kid is trying to sell bracelets for 125 dollars.
0 x
RhodyKyle
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyKyle »

ATPTourFan wrote:
There are usually a few sketchy sites that constantly stream CBS Sports Network. Use an updated browser like Chrome and ensure you have ad-blockers on. Be careful what you click. Don't install anything -- nothing required to stream video. I'm sure others will chime in.
And if you want to pay, you can purchase and use Foxy Proxy (it's something like $5 for a week) which will give you a US IP address so you can use US streaming services. Used it in Spain a few years ago and it was a life saver.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Billyboy78 wrote:Somebody on twitter said some kid is trying to sell bracelets for 125 dollars.
1. That kid is a dick.

2. If he isn't insane and that is the market, that's pretty cool.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

ATPTourFan wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:The PC Journal does it again. Huge picture on the front of the sports page with a picture of Jarvis taking a shot over Bullock in last year's game. The caption under the picture says it's Jared Terrell. What an embarrassment. Koch must be really proud to work at that rag.
Whatever. It's the copy editor's or photographer's fault.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody74 wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:
Whatever. It's the copy editor's or photographer's fault.
Still pretty embarrassing and shows the lack of respect that we get from that rag, if you ask me.
1 x
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

This game was the talk of campus yesterday. many students were looking for an extra bracelets and faculty/staff who rarely go to games were discussing how they got mini plans specifically to go to this game. They are opening up to rams den as an overflow for students who didn't get tickets to the RC.

Go Rhody! Beat PC!
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

ATPTourFan wrote:
section(105) wrote:
Depending on when they start/finish the distrib, could be a pretty quick turnaround to get in line again to get the best seats available?
Kudos to them, the school should feed those folks in line
0 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Skinnyfatts wrote:
Obadiah wrote:Never forget that everything associated with Providence College reeks of low class. And this applies to their entire community - the academic administration, the athletics administration, the students, the alumni and the subway alumni. Any witness to a capacity crowd at the Dunk versus the Ryan Center confirms their thuggish, low class. The Ryan atmosphere is so much more wholesome that what will you ever get at the Dunk. Besides PC is the perennial moocher. Remember the blowhard guy (so typical of PC fans) who came onto this board years ago to say that PC was going to build their own arena on the site of the Coca Cola plant and then got his panties in a bunch when he was called out on the claim. What happened to that plan?? just saying.

This is a pretty bold thing to say considering we just had a player and coach arrested
The number of players from that hideous, disgusting institution built on the site of a mental hospital who have gotten arrested (or should have but weren't) is a mile long.

Still waiting for the outcome of the investigation by that hideous, disgusting institution built on the site of a mental hospital into the attacking of Rhody in a Dunkin' Dump men's room.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

TruePoint wrote:
Billyboy78 wrote:Somebody on twitter said some kid is trying to sell bracelets for 125 dollars.
1. That kid is a dick.

2. If he isn't insane and that is the market, that's pretty cool.
It’s crazy, that pretty much is the what people are paying. Although he probably needs to sell it to another student so I’d assume his price is a little high for the average student.

I can only imagine what ticket prices will look like in coming years if both us and pc continuing doing well.
Last edited by josephski 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

Iggy1979 wrote:Pregame where?
Rhody Pub might be the best bet. Traffic and parking at the Ryan Center are going to be a bitch after 4:30 or so.
0 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

My understanding is that students have to show their ID and bracelet to get in tonight, so the market should be students only or someone getting hosed
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Rhody74 wrote:Chris DiSano is a must read.
......And a great listen......wish he had more time on radio broadcasts......
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
Rhody Pub might be the best bet. Traffic and parking at the Ryan Center are going to be a bitch after 4:30 or so.
Mews. High noon
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
kmillr
Abdul Fox

Unread post by kmillr »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:
Rhode_Island_Red wrote:
Mews. High noon

Willows 12:00
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

I'll be at Chop House. Mews post- if W.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

Just checked out the PC scout forum. Multiple threads on the game and Ram hatred in general. Fun stuff.

There’s even a thread copy / pasting selected posts from this thread.

It’s good they hate us back!

:)
3 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Smokinjimit
ARD

Unread post by Smokinjimit »

You wonder why Koch never breaks any stories? If you were part of the URI program would you feed him anything? I know I wouldn't.

Practice facility? Civic Center?

Al Skinner was beating the friars playing in Keaney Gym while working out or a Single wide.
3 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

ATPTourFan wrote:
Here you go (click on image to make larger:
Projo Error.png
2 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

As for Kreskin Koch, let me recall a game or two from the past.
It was the last URI-PC game at Keaney Gym.
A so-so Rhody team, lead by Steve Rowell,
beat the great Marvin-Ernie Friars.
A Jack Kraft team with five wins, beat a very good
PC team at the PCC.
We beat PC by 44 points in game one of Sly's last year,
and lost by 8 in the rematch.
So, history tells us, that anything can and does
happen in this series.
2 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

rodfromcranston wrote:As for Kreskin Koch, let me recall a game or two from the past.
It was the last URI-PC game at Keaney Gym.
A so-so Rhody team, lead by Steve Rowell,
beat the great Marvin-Ernie Friars.
A Jack Kraft team with five wins, beat a very good
PC team at the PCC.
We beat PC by 44 points in game one of Sly's last year,
and lost by 8 in the rematch.
So, history tells us, that anything can and does
happen in this series.
I'll never forget that 44 point win. One of my most enjoyable games I've ever seen.
0 x
neil
Art Stephenson

Unread post by neil »

PC had 9 points with 2 minutes left on the first half in that game.
0 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Sly had personally outscored PC. when he was
taken out of the game.
Idiots out in force.
Did you know a YUGE percentage URI students are really PC fans?
I'm sure there's a few, but surly not to the extent
that their board thinks.
Some wild comments on both sides. Ugh!
0 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.