ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2170
Joined: 3 years ago
x 385

ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby PeterRamTime » 1 month ago

Named player of the week in the A-10.

Best player in the A-10?

Looks like it to me.

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.d ... 1511807433
4 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2742
Joined: 5 years ago
x 562

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby Rhody74 » 1 month ago

No argument from me.
1 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 13068
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1506

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby rodfromcranston » 1 month ago

Love Jared Terrell's game.
He is our best player, contrary to
what every TV announcer says.
Someone mentioned a "Cuttino Mobley senior season",
for Terrell.
That is well within his abilities.
The only negative I could see was Hurley
deferring to EC, as he always has, when he
comes back.
With his play on both sides of the ball, Terrell
has earned being lead dog on this team.
4 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

User avatar
Rhodymob05
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2384
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
x 524

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby Rhodymob05 » 1 month ago

Talent wise I still say a healthy EC is better, but Jared has found himself as the alpha in the A10.
1 x
RHODE ISLAND RAMS 2017 A10 CHAMPS

Rhody15
Tom Garrick
Posts: 1230
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Rhode Island
x 478

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby Rhody15 » 1 month ago

The big difference between Terrell and EC is Terrell so much more aggressive. He absolutely took over from the start against Seton Hall and was aggressive from the beginning. EC usually always lets the game come to him, and floats in and out of games until the second half.

I would love you see how many first half and second half points he has scored in his career.
1 x
Go Rhody

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 3977
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1265

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby bigappleram » 1 month ago

They are different players. EC is a pure scorer whereas JT is more multi-dimensional and can beat you in different ways. Not sure we really need to pit one against the other, it’s great to have 2 prolific scorers, makes us hard to guard when both are in there. I think JT has earned the shot to take the next last second attempt and I am guessing DH will feel that way too. I actually think EC would be more effective off the ball in those situations anyhow.
4 x

User avatar
Da_Process_Survivor
Art Stephenson
Posts: 823
Joined: 2 years ago
x 822

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby Da_Process_Survivor » 1 month ago

bigappleram wrote:They are different players. EC is a pure scorer whereas JT is more multi-dimensional and can beat you in different ways. Not sure we really need to pit one against the other, it’s great to have 2 prolific scorers, makes us hard to guard when both are in there. I think JT has earned the shot to take the next last second attempt and I am guessing DH will feel that way too. I actually think EC would be more effective off the ball in those situations anyhow.


Yup.

Terrell is like Westbrook. Attacks the game. Attacks the rim or takes jumpers
EC is like Durant. Prefers to play a jump shot game but can drive if needed
1 x
---
The ghosts have been exorcized! Praise be to Hurley
---

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3650
Joined: 5 years ago
x 592

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby reef » 1 month ago

It's important when EC comes back that him and Jared put the team first and not worry about individuality

We can be scary good if the ball moves and nobody worries about individual stats
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 7595
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1261

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby ramster » 1 month ago

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
bigappleram wrote:They are different players. EC is a pure scorer whereas JT is more multi-dimensional and can beat you in different ways. Not sure we really need to pit one against the other, it’s great to have 2 prolific scorers, makes us hard to guard when both are in there. I think JT has earned the shot to take the next last second attempt and I am guessing DH will feel that way too. I actually think EC would be more effective off the ball in those situations anyhow.


Yup.

Terrell is like Westbrook. Attacks the game. Attacks the rim or takes jumpers
EC is like Durant. Prefers to play a jump shot game but can drive if needed


Enjoy the fact that we have two potential 1st team A10 guards on the same team, both in their final years. Nice situation to have. I would not want one over the other, I want both on my team, and both healthy.
2 x

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 3977
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1265

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby bigappleram » 1 month ago

ramster wrote:
Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
bigappleram wrote:They are different players. EC is a pure scorer whereas JT is more multi-dimensional and can beat you in different ways. Not sure we really need to pit one against the other, it’s great to have 2 prolific scorers, makes us hard to guard when both are in there. I think JT has earned the shot to take the next last second attempt and I am guessing DH will feel that way too. I actually think EC would be more effective off the ball in those situations anyhow.


Yup.

Terrell is like Westbrook. Attacks the game. Attacks the rim or takes jumpers
EC is like Durant. Prefers to play a jump shot game but can drive if needed


Enjoy the fact that we have two potential 1st team A10 guards on the same team, both in their final years. Nice situation to have. I would not want one over the other, I want both on my team, and both healthy.


Cheers to that, and agreed.
0 x

RhodyRam86
Steve Chubin
Posts: 145
Joined: 10 months ago
x 100

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby RhodyRam86 » 1 month ago

JT is stronger with the ball. I'd feel more comfortable with him in a last second situation because he can hit the jumper (at home vs. PC 2 yrs ago to tie the game) and is strong enough with the ball to take it to the basket and draw contact. EC can do both as well of course. Just don't think he is as strong going to the basket and I think he needs a little cleaner look to make jumpers. I'd probably keep them both on the team...at least for the rest of this year. :)
1 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3650
Joined: 5 years ago
x 592

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby reef » 1 month ago

EC needs to finish better at the rim when he gets that done we will be really tough
1 x

rambone 78
Frank Keaney
Posts: 10497
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1192

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby rambone 78 » 1 month ago

In theory JT should be even better when EC is playing, due to opponents tendency to key more on EC.

However it usually doesn't end up that way....JT tends to defer and become less aggressive when both are in the game.
1 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5486
Joined: 5 years ago
x 931

Re: Fatts named to A10 honor roll

Postby ace » 1 month ago

For the second time this season,

1 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

Rhody83
ARD
Posts: 710
Joined: 2 years ago
x 271

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby Rhody83 » 1 month ago

EC was better as a Soph than he is now. He isn’t the same player since his knee injury.
3 x

User avatar
ace
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 5486
Joined: 5 years ago
x 931

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby ace » 1 month ago

Rhody83 wrote:EC was better as a Soph than he is now. He isn’t the same player since his knee injury.


His MVP play in the A10 tournament last season was better and more efficient than anything he did as a sophomore.
7 x
“... playing for one another. We’re like a brotherhood. Everybody has each other’s back. If somebody’s down, we pick them up. If someone gets beat off the dribble, we step in. If somebody’s hot, we feed them the ball.” - Jeff Dowtin, 1/16/18

PeterRamTime
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2170
Joined: 3 years ago
x 385

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby PeterRamTime » 1 month ago

We have an opportunity to be REALLY hard to guard with EC and Cyril back healthy.

The first half against Seton Hall was the best half of offense I've seen under Hurley. We have serious potential when we are healthy.
We have to continue to run the offense through JT though.
0 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3650
Joined: 5 years ago
x 592

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby reef » 1 month ago

True we scored 54 points in 1st half vs a ranked team well said
0 x

URIRecruitingInfo
Jeff Kent
Posts: 192
Joined: 11 months ago
x 70

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Postby URIRecruitingInfo » 1 month ago

Bossi's Best: Seniors who have proven to be the best values

As a senior: 16.8 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game

Recruitment: Terrell initially signed with Oklahoma State but opened things in the spring of his senior year. After opening back up, he selected Rhode Island over Boston College and Providence in a local recruiting battle.

Bossi’s take: Danny Hurley has built a strong program and Rhode Island and Terrell has been a centerpiece of that effort. A bruising scorer, he’s turned out to be a fabulous late pickup. He’s on pace to score 1,600 or so points and guys like that aren’t easy to find. Especially in mid-May of their senior year.

How he’ll be replaced: Sophomore Jeff Dowtin figures to make another big leap next season. Also, 2018 Rivals150 guard Brendan Adams was a huge get and three-star recruit Tyrese Martin could be a sleeper. The Rams look to be in good shape.


https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... est-values
1 x


Return to “NCAAs or Bust!”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], KMar970, ramster, Rhody83, TruePoint and 20 guests