ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Named player of the week in the A-10.

Best player in the A-10?

Looks like it to me.

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.d ... 1511807433
4 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: ALL HAIL JARED TERRELL

Unread post by Rhody74 »

No argument from me.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Love Jared Terrell's game.
He is our best player, contrary to
what every TV announcer says.
Someone mentioned a "Cuttino Mobley senior season",
for Terrell.
That is well within his abilities.
The only negative I could see was Hurley
deferring to EC, as he always has, when he
comes back.
With his play on both sides of the ball, Terrell
has earned being lead dog on this team.
4 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Talent wise I still say a healthy EC is better, but Jared has found himself as the alpha in the A10.
1 x
GO RAMS
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

The big difference between Terrell and EC is Terrell so much more aggressive. He absolutely took over from the start against Seton Hall and was aggressive from the beginning. EC usually always lets the game come to him, and floats in and out of games until the second half.

I would love you see how many first half and second half points he has scored in his career.
1 x
Go Rhody
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

They are different players. EC is a pure scorer whereas JT is more multi-dimensional and can beat you in different ways. Not sure we really need to pit one against the other, it’s great to have 2 prolific scorers, makes us hard to guard when both are in there. I think JT has earned the shot to take the next last second attempt and I am guessing DH will feel that way too. I actually think EC would be more effective off the ball in those situations anyhow.
4 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

bigappleram wrote:They are different players. EC is a pure scorer whereas JT is more multi-dimensional and can beat you in different ways. Not sure we really need to pit one against the other, it’s great to have 2 prolific scorers, makes us hard to guard when both are in there. I think JT has earned the shot to take the next last second attempt and I am guessing DH will feel that way too. I actually think EC would be more effective off the ball in those situations anyhow.
Yup.

Terrell is like Westbrook. Attacks the game. Attacks the rim or takes jumpers
EC is like Durant. Prefers to play a jump shot game but can drive if needed
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

It's important when EC comes back that him and Jared put the team first and not worry about individuality

We can be scary good if the ball moves and nobody worries about individual stats
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
bigappleram wrote:They are different players. EC is a pure scorer whereas JT is more multi-dimensional and can beat you in different ways. Not sure we really need to pit one against the other, it’s great to have 2 prolific scorers, makes us hard to guard when both are in there. I think JT has earned the shot to take the next last second attempt and I am guessing DH will feel that way too. I actually think EC would be more effective off the ball in those situations anyhow.
Yup.

Enjoy the fact that we have two potential 1st team A10 guards on the same team, both in their final years. Nice situation to have. I would not want one over the other, I want both on my team, and both healthy.
2 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

ramster wrote:
Da_Process_Survivor wrote:
Yup.

Enjoy the fact that we have two potential 1st team A10 guards on the same team, both in their final years. Nice situation to have. I would not want one over the other, I want both on my team, and both healthy.
Cheers to that, and agreed.
0 x
RhodyRam86
Tom Garrick

Unread post by RhodyRam86 »

JT is stronger with the ball. I'd feel more comfortable with him in a last second situation because he can hit the jumper (at home vs. PC 2 yrs ago to tie the game) and is strong enough with the ball to take it to the basket and draw contact. EC can do both as well of course. Just don't think he is as strong going to the basket and I think he needs a little cleaner look to make jumpers. I'd probably keep them both on the team...at least for the rest of this year. :)
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

EC needs to finish better at the rim when he gets that done we will be really tough
1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

In theory JT should be even better when EC is playing, due to opponents tendency to key more on EC.

However it usually doesn't end up that way....JT tends to defer and become less aggressive when both are in the game.
1 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Fatts named to A10 honor roll

Unread post by ace »

For the second time this season,

1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

EC was better as a Soph than he is now. He isn’t the same player since his knee injury.
3 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Rhody83 wrote:EC was better as a Soph than he is now. He isn’t the same player since his knee injury.
His MVP play in the A10 tournament last season was better and more efficient than anything he did as a sophomore.
7 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

We have an opportunity to be REALLY hard to guard with EC and Cyril back healthy.

The first half against Seton Hall was the best half of offense I've seen under Hurley. We have serious potential when we are healthy.
We have to continue to run the offense through JT though.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

True we scored 54 points in 1st half vs a ranked team well said
0 x
URIRecruitingInfo
ARD

Unread post by URIRecruitingInfo »

Bossi's Best: Seniors who have proven to be the best values

As a senior: 16.8 points, 2.6 rebounds and 2.8 assists per game

Recruitment: Terrell initially signed with Oklahoma State but opened things in the spring of his senior year. After opening back up, he selected Rhode Island over Boston College and Providence in a local recruiting battle.

Bossi’s take: Danny Hurley has built a strong program and Rhode Island and Terrell has been a centerpiece of that effort. A bruising scorer, he’s turned out to be a fabulous late pickup. He’s on pace to score 1,600 or so points and guys like that aren’t easy to find. Especially in mid-May of their senior year.

How he’ll be replaced: Sophomore Jeff Dowtin figures to make another big leap next season. Also, 2018 Rivals150 guard Brendan Adams was a huge get and three-star recruit Tyrese Martin could be a sleeper. The Rams look to be in good shape.
https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com ... est-values
1 x