PC vs URI Tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
zporiri
Steve Chubin

PC vs URI Tickets

Unread post by zporiri »

Currently, tickets for the PC vs URI game are going for $200-$350 on stubhub PER TICKET. This seems insanely expensive. Do you think people will actually pay this much for tickets to the game? I'm a young alumni season ticket holder and I put in for two extra tickets for my brother and his friend, but he ended up getting tickets through the URI track team for free (he's an alum of the team). Now I'm wishing I had put in for 4 tickets instead of just 2 haha. It's crazy to think that one ticket to this game could cost more than my entire season ticket ($170). Do you think the prices for the game will go down as the date gets closer?
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Re: PC vs URI Tickets

Unread post by ramster »

Yes, the prices will drop
and depends on how we do Thursday and Friday of this week
1 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

As long as we keep them out of the hands of those associated with that hideous, disgusting institution that occupies a former mental hospital, I don't care if they're going for two grand or two cents.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Prices will definitely drop but I'm not sure by how much. I buy a lot of my tickets through stubhub/craigslist and it seems like much fewer than usual for a URI-PC game.

I have several questions about the game/tickets:

-Do people think the tickets will get under $100? I don't think I can justify paying $100 for an out of conference game even if it is against PC.

-Will there be scalpers? I've bought most my URI-PC tickets at the Dunk this way but have never seen scalpers at the RC.

-Any recommendations for a good bar to watch the game? Only criteria I have is they must play the game with sound.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Very few scalpers at URI if any. I saw some 2 years ago for the PC game but with electronic tickets beware scalpers. Best to buy from Stub Hub or other.
I think what could keep the price could stay in $100 range from PC fans buying them - it’s not a long drive and a Saturday game to boot.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I would burn my tickets and my money rather than sell the tickets to a friar fan.....and never give them to them.....
4 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Ramulous wrote:I would burn my tickets and my money rather than sell the tickets to a friar fan.....and never give them to them.....

:lol: :lol: This is a MUST WIN GAME. I am so sick of Friartown.
2 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

I just went to GoRhody.com and it directs you to Vivid Ticket. Tickets are going for over $220+! https://www.vividseats.com/ncaab/rhode- ... 66478.html
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Leah Becki-Ryan Center GM

0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Do any fellow KB'ers know of any extra tickets for Saturday that I can buy? I am in need of at least one, potentially. If you have more available, let me know. A friend of mine who's also a Season Ticket Holder (not on KB) is looking for some, too. I will be very grateful to you as I do not want to miss this game.
0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

I made the mistake of buying 2 tix for 125 each, section 308 from vivid seats. I am trying to break even. I can even throw a couple games from my mini plan in. I live in Austin but may come back for Dayton. Text me 5126536116
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Roz wrote:I made the mistake of buying 2 tix for 125 each, section 308 from vivid seats. I am trying to break even. I can even throw a couple games from my mini plan in. I live in Austin but may come back for Dayton. Text me 5126536116

You did the mini plan without the PC game?
0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

i did the mini plan with the PC game after I had already bought the other tickets with the hope of selling the other tickets. I bought two tickets on vivid, but had a couple more people who showed interest in going to the game so saw the mini plans for less money and jumped on it.
0 x
Roz
ARD

Unread post by Roz »

tix are gone
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Okay I hadn’t heard back yet from the other person who needed one. Anyone else?
0 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

I will know if my two tickets are available by Monday evening. It looks like I may have to be away on the 2nd. If anyone is interested PM me with an offer.
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

PM’d you.
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Anybody know what time the gates open before the PC game and what time the Rhody pub inside then Ryan Center opens?
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

The maximum will be 1.5 hours before the game. You’re looking at 3:30 at the earliest.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CT Rhody wrote:Anybody know what time the gates open before the PC game and what time the Rhody pub inside then Ryan Center opens?
PC Game is always 1.5 hours. All other games are 1.0 hours prior to allowed entry.
You can shop in the Store for Merchandise/Apparel even before the 1.5 hours if you want to kill some time because you arrive earlier than the 1.5 hours - they will let you enter to do that, but you have to come back out and then enter with your ticket beginning at the official 3:30pm
Last edited by ramster 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
zporiri
Steve Chubin

Unread post by zporiri »

I'm still looking to sell my 2 tickets to the URI PC game. PM me if interested @TaylorSwift or anyone else
1 x
Andrew
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Andrew »

Have a ticket in 203 (young alumni section) that I will not be able to use, as I'm away this weekend. Anyone still looking for a ticket?
0 x
Go Rhody!
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Why are people selling their tickets? I wouldn't miss this game unless I died this week (hope I didn't jinx myself).
2 x
EliteRam89
Zach "1 and Done" Marbury

Unread post by EliteRam89 »

I’m still looking for two or one! Anybody have hem available??
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Billyboy78 wrote:Why are people selling their tickets? I wouldn't miss this game unless I died this week (hope I didn't jinx myself).
:lol: Same.
0 x
RandyBrooksTShirt
Jim Eitner

Unread post by RandyBrooksTShirt »

Seeking 2 tickets if anyone still has any available!

Go Rhody!
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Billyboy78 wrote:Why are people selling their tickets? I wouldn't miss this game unless I died this week (hope I didn't jinx myself).
If something unfortunate does happen in the next two days, where exactly do you leave your tickets :lol:
3 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Rhody83 wrote:
If something unfortunate does happen in the next two days, where exactly do you leave your tickets :lol:
Where I keep all of my valuables. Buried in the back yard.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

I love people making their first post on here an ask for tickets to this game. Don't worry guys, it's your home game next year, plenty of seats available then
5 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RandyBrooksTShirt
Jim Eitner

RhowdyRam02 wrote:I love people making their first post on here an ask for tickets to this game. Don't worry guys, it's your home game next year, plenty of seats available then

Sorry you don't approve, but you should pump the brakes on making such assumptions!

As for my situation, I lost the login info to my original account that had a Dawan Robinson inspired name, but I'm frequent reader, former season ticket holder and haven't missed a URI/PC game in 8 or 9 years.

Was at the opening game of the Ryan Center for their thriller of a win over a ranked USC team. (Dustin Helenga 4ever)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Always contact ME via the Contact US link at the bottom of every page if you have a log-in issue. I will PM you to see about recovering your lost account.
3 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

RandyBrooksTShirt wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:I love people making their first post on here an ask for tickets to this game. Don't worry guys, it's your home game next year, plenty of seats available then

Sorry you don't approve, but you should pump the brakes on making such assumptions!

As for my situation, I lost the login info to my original account that had a Dawan Robinson inspired name, but I'm frequent reader, former season ticket holder and haven't missed a URI/PC game in 8 or 9 years.

Was at the opening game of the Ryan Center for their thriller of a win over a ranked USC team. (Dustin Helenga 4ever)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You joined 17 hours ago. Nothing inspired you to talk URI hoops since you lost that screen name?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
RandyBrooksTShirt
Jim Eitner

Tbh I've been more of a lurker on this forum since I was introduced to it while a student, and it doesn't require an account to be logged-in to view the threads, hence why I haven't re-created one until now.

Generally, I have my Rhody bball conversations in other circles. Just my personal preference, which seems to have been a good call considering the roasting someone gets for posting a directly pertinent comment on a thread solely dedicated to the topic of discussion...
1 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

ATPTourFan wrote:Always contact ME via the Contact US link at the bottom of every page if you have a log-in issue. I will PM you to see about recovering your lost account.

I cannot tell you how many times I've changed and reset my password for the board. :lol: :lol: :D
1 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Taylor Swift wrote:
ATPTourFan wrote:Always contact ME via the Contact US link at the bottom of every page if you have a log-in issue. I will PM you to see about recovering your lost account.

I cannot tell you how many times I've changed and reset my password for the board. :lol: :lol: :D
I can not tell you how many times I have or worse, have had to have ATP fix it for me.
1 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Yet, with a packed house with a wild and crazy atmosphere, everything will change on Saturday with a win....at least for a few days.
1 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

RandyBrooksTShirt wrote:Tbh I've been more of a lurker on this forum since I was introduced to it while a student, and it doesn't require an account to be logged-in to view the threads, hence why I haven't re-created one until now.

Generally, I have my Rhody bball conversations in other circles. Just my personal preference, which seems to have been a good call considering the roasting someone gets for posting a directly pertinent comment on a thread solely dedicated to the topic of discussion...
RandyBrooksTShirt

Seriously good handle.

Welcome.
1 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I had four free tickets but I gave them to NorwegianGal
3 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
STC
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by STC »

Looking for 2 tix, PM me if you can help me out.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

I'd check craigslist for anyone still looking for tickets. I saw a few on there for $100, probably could offer $80 and get them.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

No self respecting URI fan in the 100 section should sell their tickets to a non URI fan!!
4 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Bee311
Abdul Fox

Unread post by Bee311 »

Last edited by Bee311 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Just spoke to my sister. She said someone she knew was unable to attend tonight and sold each of her tickets for $200+. They are a sought after commodity.
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

RF1 wrote:Just spoke to my sister. She said someone she knew was unable to attend tonight and sold each of her tickets for $200+. They are a sought after commodity.
Yeah, I'm guessing we'll see some scalpers outside today..." Who's selling tickets?"....as opposed to their old line..."Anybody need tickets?"....like they're fooling somebody.
0 x
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

Hi,

I have an extra ticket for a URI fan. PM me here. You must have posts on here that reflect that you are a URI fan. Not looking to make money off ticket, will sell for what I paid for it a month ago.

Enjoy the game all, GO RAMS!!
5 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

sandman012 wrote:Hi,

I have an extra ticket for a URI fan. PM me here. You must have posts on here that reflect that you are a URI fan. Not looking to make money off ticket, will sell for what I paid for it a month ago.

I sent you a PM, sandman
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

sandman012 wrote:Hi,

Class move. Good Keaney Blue family member!
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

Ticket is sold.

Happy to get a Rhody fan in.

I would have considered selling it to a PC fan for $500... I keeeed.
2 x