PC vs URI Tickets

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Re: PC vs URI Tickets

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

I've already seen four of Them in the building.

Disgusting.

Anyone who sells, gives, trades or otherwise conveys his or her tickets to one of Them should have his or her Ryan Center privileges revoked for life.
4 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
twisted3829
Carlton Owens

Unread post by twisted3829 »

7959 people, where'd they put the extra 300 people?
0 x
NOT IN OUR HOUSE
urirx
ARD

Unread post by urirx »

twisted3829 wrote:7959 people, where'd they put the extra 300 people?
The lines for concession, pubs and men’s bathrooms...
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Concessions are inefficiently run. Takes forever to get served.
3 x
Slava Ukraini!
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

Not only concessions but the rhody pub was awful as well. Also the line getting into the RC was a mess. The north entrance line was out to the road when I walked up so I walked over to the south entrance where there was no one. If you're going to tell everyone to park in plains lot then you have to find a better way of getting people into the building.
2 x
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

Rhode_Island_Red wrote:I've already seen four of Them in the building.

Disgusting.

Anyone who sells, gives, trades or otherwise conveys his or her tickets to one of Them should have his or her Ryan Center privileges revoked for life.

4 absolute dickhead pc fans sat on the floor in my row...

For the SECOND STRAIGHT YEAR!!!

How the f do they get those tickets???

Jasper was over playing grab-ass with them.

I can't see it...and the whole row in front of the band too...

Cmon ticket office!!! I say rescind privileges!!!

PC fans did not build the RC, and they shouldn't be sitting there!
3 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Getting out of the place is a total cluster...but, aside from leaving a couple cold ones in your ride...what can ya do?
Live less than a mile and a half from the RC, but took 35 minutes from the time we got into the car to get home.
We knew it would (will) be like that...but I totally get how some might find that a bit of a deterrent.

Seems it could be worthwhile to put some thought into a new evac strategy.

==> Close 138 from Upper College to Plains.
Make everyone that wants to go right on 138 go out Plains (kill the Plains/138 light for an hour).
Send everyone that wants to go left on 138 through Upper College (shut the light off for an hour).

That way the traffic would just flow in both directions out of town....
The cluster in the lot...starts with the light at Plains/138....
4 x
Rhode_Island_Red
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Rhode_Island_Red »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Getting out of the place is a total cluster...but, aside from leaving a couple cold ones in your ride...what can ya do?
Live less than a mile and a half from the RC, but took 35 minutes from the time we got into the car to get home.
We knew it would (will) be like that...but I totally get how some might find that a bit of a deterrent.

Seems it could be worthwhile to put some thought into a new evac strategy.

==> Close 138 from Upper College to Plains.
Make everyone that wants to go right on 138 go out Plains (kill the Plains/138 light for an hour).
Send everyone that wants to go left on 138 through Upper College (shut the light off for an hour).

That way the traffic would just flow in both directions out of town....
The cluster in the lot...starts with the light at Plains/138....
Much easier and faster to get out from the Keaney lots. Just get there early because they re-striped the lots and took away a bunch of spaces.

And go to the Donut Hole and see how long it takes to get out of there.
1 x
Proudly supplying the Internet with online wisecracks, impertinent comments and loathing of all things mental hospital since 1996.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Need to take a look at that Keaney lot option....I really can't stand the get out mess. If attendance improves the way all want it to, and they don't do anything about the traffic flow...we can just get used to what it was like last night (bad).

Wouldn't drive to the Dunk for that game. There's a RIPTA stop about 100 yards up the street from the house....it is much easier.
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I don't mind lingering in the Ryan Center after games....it is a luxury because I don't really care when I get home....I'm about a 30 minute drive away.....I would rather sit in the Center than get agitated sitting in traffic in a cold car....it is a small price to pay for getting 6000+ for every game....

....as for the Dunk.....I haven't been to a basketball game there in years.....and I don't plan on going anytime soon.....even if we get into the NCAA's and get placed there I won't go to the game with a free ticket....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Ramulous wrote:I don't mind lingering in the Ryan Center after games....it is a luxury because I don't really care when I get home....I'm about a 30 minute drive away.....I would rather sit in the Center than get agitated sitting in traffic in a cold car....it is a small price to pay for getting 6000+ for every game....

....as for the Dunk.....I haven't been to a basketball game there in years.....and I don't plan on going anytime soon.....even if we get into the NCAA's and get placed there I won't go to the game with a free ticket....
I stick around in the RC too. While many are rushing out, only to sit in the lot, I watch the players interact with the Ruckus after the game. It's great. It's part of the joy after a great win.
Last edited by Billyboy78 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Nice gesture from the team to the waiting students. Special delivery from Dan, TJ, EC, Eric, and Will-

4 x
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Rhody74 wrote:Concessions are inefficiently run. Takes forever to get served.
Went to get something at the concession during a t.o. around the 10-11 min mark, and they were all closed.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

As someone who (perhaps stupidly) drives in and out of Boston every workday and is used to traffic as far as the eye can see, I didn't think getting out last night was all that bad. It's 20 minutes out of your life. You'll be fine. Turn on the postgame on the radio and chill.

I also agree with ramulous. Sticking around to soak it in after is a good move, especially if you don't like sitting in any traffic.
3 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Dont park in Plains and there wont be any traffic
0 x
Rhodyram
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyram »

I park in the Keaney lot across from Boss. Left a couple min after the final buzzer, hustled back to the car, was picking up 5 guys on rt 2 before 8:00. I’ve never parked on plains and I don’t intend to.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

What is everyone’s estimate of PC fans in the building? The school was give about 700 tickets. I believe one group in the lower section and student group in 300 corner. There were PC fans in our section behind us.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhody83 wrote:What is everyone’s estimate of PC fans in the building? The school was give about 700 tickets. I believe one group in the lower section and student group in 300 corner. There were PC fans in our section behind us.
I thought the proportion was less than two years ago. Or maybe they weren't as loud. I didn't see any in my section 305.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Definitely less. The single game tickets never went on sale this time.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
RAM67
Art Stephenson

Unread post by RAM67 »

Rhody74 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:What is everyone’s estimate of PC fans in the building? The school was give about 700 tickets. I believe one group in the lower section and student group in 300 corner. There were PC fans in our section behind us.
I thought the proportion was less than two years ago. Or maybe they weren't as loud. I didn't see any in my section 305.
I sit in 306 very close to 305, and there was a small group of PC fans in the very first row of 305. Also there were 2 groups next to us (about 9 total),
that had one loud and obnoxious fan who didn't shut up the whole game. When they got up to leave at around the 1:30 mark, I (politely) said good bye, asshole.
3 x
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Alabama

Unread post by eli#10 »

Just got beat by UCF. They'll be wanting to tale it out on us on Wednesday.
0 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

TruePoint wrote:As someone who (perhaps stupidly) drives in and out of Boston every workday and is used to traffic as far as the eye can see, I didn't think getting out last night was all that bad. It's 20 minutes out of your life. You'll be fine. Turn on the postgame on the radio and chill.

I also agree with ramulous. Sticking around to soak it in after is a good move, especially if you don't like sitting in any traffic.

Yep ditto. Goddamn the rest of you are hard to please... you guys want perfect attendance every game, free parking within farting distance of the RC, and to be instantaneously materialized back into your home after sold out games end.

WE WON, ENJOY YOURSELVES FOR ONCE YOU MISERABLE BASTARDS.
15 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Puck Frovidence wrote:
TruePoint wrote:As someone who (perhaps stupidly) drives in and out of Boston every workday and is used to traffic as far as the eye can see, I didn't think getting out last night was all that bad. It's 20 minutes out of your life. You'll be fine. Turn on the postgame on the radio and chill.

Yep ditto. Goddamn the rest of you are hard to please... you guys want perfect attendance every game, free parking within farting distance of the RC, and to be instantaneously materialized back into your home after sold out games end.

WE WON, ENJOY YOURSELVES FOR ONCE YOU MISERABLE BASTARDS.
That about sums it up. HAHAHAHA. You forgot wins and a perfect free throw pct.
2 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

We only get 15 games at the Ryan Center.......I want to stay in there as long as possible.....
2 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

I hope the few friar phoneys who managed to sneak in yesterday enjoyed our lovely on campus arena.

Truly, I do.
4 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
rhodyrudder
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodyrudder »

hrstrat57 wrote:I hope the few friar phoneys who managed to sneak in yesterday enjoyed our lovely on campus arena.

Truly, I do.

I heard their practice gym is gonna be nice. :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

There were a couple of Friar fans sitting directly behind me. I literally didn't know they were there until the game was over and I turned around to get my coat off the seat.

Good little Friar fans

/pats Friar fan on the head
2 x
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

I’d like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to the KeaneyBlue community, and especially to sandman012.

I didn’t think I was going to be able to go to the PC game, as my wife was due with our second child in the days shortly after the game. I didn’t buy tickets in advance and just figured I’d watch it on tv.

Day of the game comes, wife is feeling well and the baby hasn’t come yet, so I’m reading up here before settling in to watch the game. Kinda wishing I could go, and happen to see sandman post that he has an extra ticket to sell at face value to a URI fan. I ran it by my wife, responded to sandman, and two hours later I’m a part of the most electric Home game I’ve been to since the Ryan Center opened.

Sandman easily could’ve made $100 on the ticket without even thinking about it, but a total class move to enable me to get to see the game.

Baby was born this morning at 2:43am, mother and baby are healthy. It’s been a good weekend!
17 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

sf2010 wrote:I’d like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to the KeaneyBlue community, and especially to sandman012.

I didn’t think I was going to be able to go to the PC game, as my wife was due with our second child in the days shortly after the game. I didn’t buy tickets in advance and just figured I’d watch it on tv.

Day of the game comes, wife is feeling well and the baby hasn’t come yet, so I’m reading up here before settling in to watch the game. Kinda wishing I could go, and happen to see sandman post that he has an extra ticket to sell at face value to a URI fan. I ran it by my wife, responded to sandman, and two hours later I’m a part of the most electric Home game I’ve been to since the Ryan Center opened.

Sandman easily could’ve made $100 on the ticket without even thinking about it, but a total class move to enable me to get to see the game.

Baby was born this morning at 2:43am, mother and baby are healthy. It’s been a good weekend!
Congrats!
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Congrats sf2010!
1 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

sf2010 wrote:I’d like to take this opportunity to express my thanks to the KeaneyBlue community, and especially to sandman012.

Congrats! I presume you named the baby Fatts?
7 x
Slava Ukraini!
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

I am so happy you brought your child into a world where Rhody basketball wins big games and goes to the NCAA's.

2nd the suggestion that your child should be named Fatts, all in all congrats!
4 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Congrats!!

How big is Sandman?
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Fatts Sandman Jr......I like it!!!!!!
1 x
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

How bout Sandman Fatts. Sounds like a blues singer.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Congratulations! Great story!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Rhodyhooopz
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhodyhooopz »

Congrats!!! I think "F... PC" needs to be his middle name.
2 x
"If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day. That's a heck of a day. You do that seven days a week, you're going to have something special" - Jim Valvano
sf2010
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by sf2010 »

Haha thanks for the suggestions everybody, but Fatts isn’t the cutest name for a little baby girl...
3 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Wonderful story! Congratulations!
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

sf2010 wrote:Haha thanks for the suggestions everybody, but Fatts isn’t the cutest name for a little baby girl...
Fatima?
4 x
sandman012
Steve Chubin

Unread post by sandman012 »

Congratulations! Was fun sitting and chatting with you and I was beyond glad I was able to hook up a true fan of the team such as yourself.
4 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Congratulations to you and your wife,f2010!!!
Kudos to Sandman012!!!
3 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.