Langevine out today and questionable vs Seton Hall

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
reef
Frank Keaney

Re: Langevine out today and questionable vs Seton Hall

Unread post by reef »

DH said Cyril plays through a ton of pain including in The Oregon game last year with both ankles messed up. If it's up to Cyril I am sure he plays but I doubt it's his decision
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I agree we should go full on for the OOC. The way the A10 is looking this year, Langevine can take the conference off if we get it done out of conference.
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

theblueram wrote:I agree we should go full on for the OOC. The way the A10 is looking this year, Langevine can take the conference off if we get it done out of conference.
The way the A10 is looking this year our current lineup without EC and Cyril shouldn’t have trouble...
3 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

steveystuds06 wrote:I don't know how you can watch Ryan Preston play and not see his potential. He leads the team in rebounding while only playing 8 minutes a game! Preston was a recruiting steal.
I like Preston. I think he should play more. I think he has potential. My comment was IF DH doesn’t play him any more the rest of this year does that make Preston a recruiting mistake. If Rhody recruits JUCOs and transfers and only plays them one year, is that the right move?
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Blue Man wrote:
theblueram wrote:I agree we should go full on for the OOC. The way the A10 is looking this year, Langevine can take the conference off if we get it done out of conference.
The way the A10 is looking this year our current lineup without EC and Cyril shouldn’t have trouble...
Forreal....

The league is no match for our guards.
0 x
josephski
Tom Garrick

Unread post by josephski »

RF1 wrote:Even with Langevine, URI will be an underdog. It might actually be better to have him sit out and get healthy. URI will have the NCAA consideration fact that they played the game without two starters. Play him (and possibly slow his return to good health) and lose - you gain nothing. Must approach this single game with what is best for the long term goal.
Completely agree. Seton Hall is not make or break for us to get to the NCAA tournament. Even if Langevine misses both games in Brooklyn we still have PC and Alabama for solid OOC wins. I’d hate to see Langevine play injured, lose to Seton Hall and then have Langevine have to sit even more games because he aggravated his injury.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Preston will get his minutes DH is just bringing him along slowly. Preston got too much ability to be playing less than 10 minutes a night especially since we are thin up front
0 x
thatRamBand
Kenny Green

Unread post by thatRamBand »

Looks like Cyril is dressed for practice here. Maybe a sign of good news?

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I wouldn't look too much into this pic
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

On Cyril Langevine’s status: We had him do a little bit of conditioning [Monday] just to get a sense of the severity of the injury. So we’ll see how he responds to moving around a little bit and go from there. He’ll be questionable for the foreseeable future, and we’ll see how he heals. I think we’re just trying right now to get a grasp of the severity of what he’s dealing with exactly. We’re calling it a groin - could it be more than a groin? We’re just trying to wrap our mind around that with the team doctor and the medical people. We should have something in a couple of days.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Questionable for the foreseeable future don't like the sound of that
0 x
luke
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by luke »

Well, he didn't say he is out either.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

This s just like Hass after his injury in the PC game last year. Cyril has been dealing with this from before the Buffalo game.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”