Week #2 - Games of Interest

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: Week #2 - Games of Interest

Unread post by TruePoint »

ramster wrote:
Obadiah wrote:In late night action on the West Coast, Nevada rolled over Santa Clara, 93-63. The Wolfpack had four players in double digits.
In Wednesday's action.
In the A-10:

Virginia Tech meets Saint Louis in the 2K Classic at Madison Square Garden. 7 PM. On ESPN2.
Binghamton at George Mason in a campus game of the Cancun Challenge. 7 PM.
South Alabama at La Salle in a campus game of the Hall of Fame Tip Off. 7 PM.
Dayton versus Hofstra in the Gildan Charleston Classic. 7:30 PM.

In games involving URI OOC opponents:
Harvard at Holy Cross. 7 PM.
Washington versus PC in the 2K Classic at MSG. 9 PM. On ESPN2.
Great Night for Basketball on TV:
7:30 pm - Hofstra (2-0) vs Dayton (1-0) Charleston SC with Dayton favored by 1.5. Rokas Gustys averaging 10ppg and 12.5 rpg. ESPNU I think Hofstra upsets Dayton
7:00pm - St Louis vs Virginia Tech Madison Square Garden with VaTech favored by 13.5. Great test for an up and coming St Louis team. I predict SLU pulls a big upset here ESPN2
9:30pm PC vs Washington Madison Square Garden with PC favored by 9. Please Washington, I'm picking you with the upset!!! :D :D :D ESPN2

I know it's not college BUT:
8:00pm Golden State @ Boston. Golden State 7 straight wins, Boston 13 straight wins. Golden State favored by 7.5 points. City of Boston will be glued to this one. Boston with the upset.
Everyone gets an upset!!!

2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TP,

that is very funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

St. Louis looking very good right now against the Vtech
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

The Cross all over Harvard at halftime, up 10. Also, I know the result was reported here last night, but did people notice Nevada tore Santa Clara apart last night? I don't know how good Santa Clara is this year but that's a decent program, and Nevada basically did it without Caleb Martin. That team is legit.
0 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

Looks like St Louis will upset VT
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

The Billikens are back!

Dayton in a tough spot with Hofstra down two with a minute left
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Mason, LaSalle and SLU all win. Dayton falls to Hofstra. We are through the looking glass.

Holy Cross hangs on against Harvard.
0 x
Stop! Rammer Time
Kenny Green

Unread post by Stop! Rammer Time »

Also, Holy Cross beat Harvard.

Is SLU going to be decent this year? or is Virgina Tech just not very good this year? Trying to discern that victory ....
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ramster's upset specials looking good so far
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Stop! Rammer Time wrote:Also, Holy Cross beat Harvard.

Is SLU going to be decent this year? or is Virgina Tech just not very good this year? Trying to discern that victory ....
SLU is going to be decent. I think VT will be pretty good as well.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Wow St Louis wins as a 14 point dog

I just covered with Washington +8 seemed like too many points PC wins by 7

I did take Nevada last night -5 what a gimme of a line
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

There are a lot of fraud major programs out there this year. Lots of mids taking down power 5 teams already.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

giovanni wrote:
ramster wrote:
Obadiah wrote:In late night action on the West Coast, Nevada rolled over Santa Clara, 93-63. The Wolfpack had four players in double digits.
In Wednesday's action.
In the A-10:

Virginia Tech meets Saint Louis in the 2K Classic at Madison Square Garden. 7 PM. On ESPN2.
Binghamton at George Mason in a campus game of the Cancun Challenge. 7 PM.
South Alabama at La Salle in a campus game of the Hall of Fame Tip Off. 7 PM.
Dayton versus Hofstra in the Gildan Charleston Classic. 7:30 PM.

Harvard at Holy Cross. 7 PM.
Washington versus PC in the 2K Classic at MSG. 9 PM. On ESPN2.
7:30 pm - Hofstra (2-0) vs Dayton (1-0) Charleston SC with Dayton favored by 1.5. Rokas Gustys averaging 10ppg and 12.5 rpg. ESPNU I think Hofstra upsets Dayton
7:00pm - St Louis vs Virginia Tech Madison Square Garden with VaTech favored by 13.5. Great test for an up and coming St Louis team. I predict SLU pulls a big upset here ESPN2
9:30pm PC vs Washington Madison Square Garden with PC favored by 9. Please Washington, I'm picking you with the upset!!! :D :D :D ESPN2

8:00pm Golden State @ Boston. Golden State 7 straight wins, Boston 13 straight wins. Golden State favored by 7.5 points. City of Boston will be glued to this one. Boston with the upset.

Ramster like your spunk, but I'll wager you VA Tech wins and easy in that game. Don't see Providence losing either. Hope your right in both cases, but don't see it at all.

Celts gonna be tough obviously, but I like that pick too. Maybe too much heart in that one for me though.
Well Reef, not only did VaTech not win easy, they did not win at all.
Travis Ford brought in some top recruits for 2017 and also some excellent transfers. I saw Hassan French play in AAU, he was rated 156 on 247 sports recruiting list for 2017 - a ferocious rebounder and defender. Jordan Goodwin was ranked 53rd in 247 Sports, the highest of any A10 signee for 2017. SLU also got a number of good transfers to join their program - now playing this season.
Ford already has 4 signed recruits for next season including the highest rated player of any A10 school again for 2018 - #45 ranked Carte'Are Gordon 6'8" 245 pounds.
Will be interesting to see how SLU plays against PC tonight in MSG. Would be a nice win for the A10 vs the BE.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Saint Louis now +9 points vs PC tonight in MSG

https://pcbb1917.com/2017/11/17/2k-clas ... s-betting/
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Mixed news for St Joe's:

Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

That sucks, and I don't have a lot of sentimentality for Joes, but hate to see a kid go thru that and it's also not great for the league.
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In Friday action.

In the A-10:

In a big intrastate rivalry game, Virginia visits VCU. 4 PM. On CBSSN.

Fordham versus Florida State. First round game in the Jamaica Classic at Montego Bay. 6 PM. On CBSSN.

Saint Louis versus PC in the championship game of the 2K Classic at Madison Square Garden. 7 PM. On ESPN2. Go Billikens!

Dayton versus Ohio in the Gildan Charleston Classic. 7:30 PM. On ESPNN.

Alabama A&M at Alabama. Campus game in the Barclays Center Classic. 7 PM. On SECN.

UNC Asheville at Vanderbilt. Campus game of the NIT Season Tip Off. 8 PM. On SECN.

Weber State versus Iona in the Islands of the Bahamas Showcase. 8 PM.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Lets fucking go SLU
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

I don't usually believe in these kinds of things...except for when I do...but, those FSU unis have got to be the most win-preventing thing to come along since McADoofs hair cut. Just because of the uniforms alone, Metro Rams have a chance tonight?
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I don't think so I took FSU -14
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

I'd be shocked if PC doesn't smack SLU tonight
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

bigappleram wrote:I'd be shocked if PC doesn't smack SLU tonight
I think this qualifies. Ouch.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

PC is good. And deep. And well coached.
SLU is young, lacks depth and Travis Ford is meh
1 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Not a good night for the A-10 as teams go 1-3 for the evening:

Virginia beats off VCU, 76-67. The Cavaliers were able to get the upper hand and fought off the havoc defense by taking care of the ball, committing only 5 turnovers while taking advantage of VCU miscues. On offense, Virginia put in 10 three pointers.

Florida State bashed Fordham, 67-43. The game was only close for 10 minutes when FSU bolted to a double digit lead which it maintained to the end.

PC smacked Saint Louis, 90-63.

Dayton secured the only win of the evening as the Flyers beat Ohio, 79-65..

Alabama routs Alabama A&M, 104-67.

Vanderbilt edges UNC Asheville, 79-76.

Iona beats Weber State, 8-72. Five Iona players have double digit scoring
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Great call by Big Apple Ram
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote:Not a good night for the A-10 as teams go 1-3 for the evening:

Virginia beats off VCU, 76-67. The Cavaliers were able to get the upper hand and fought off the havoc defense by taking care of the ball, committing only 5 turnovers while taking advantage of VCU miscues. On offense, Virginia put in 10 three pointers.

Florida State bashed Fordham, 67-43. The game was only close for 10 minutes when FSU bolted to a double digit lead which it maintained to the end.

PC smacked Saint Louis, 90-63.

Dayton secured the only win of the evening as the Flyers beat Ohio, 79-65..

Alabama routs Alabama A&M, 104-67.

Vanderbilt edges UNC Asheville, 79-76.

Iona beats Weber State, 8-72. Five Iona players have double digit scoring
I feel like VCU playing UVA competively and Vanderbilt squeaking by UNCA are good signs as we near Brooklyn. We handled UNCA relatively easily and we expect to be better than VCU this year. Guarantees nothing, but gives me a little comfort.
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Transitive property of sports right?
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

In the Dayton win over Ohio Josh Cunningham had 18 points and 19 rebounds in 31 minutes. Who is going to slow down this beast for URI?
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

ramster wrote:
giovanni wrote:
ramster wrote:

Ramster like your spunk, but I'll wager you VA Tech wins and easy in that game. Don't see Providence losing either. Hope your right in both cases, but don't see it at all.

Celts gonna be tough obviously, but I like that pick too. Maybe too much heart in that one for me though.
Well Reef, not only did VaTech not win easy, they did not win at all.
Travis Ford brought in some top recruits for 2017 and also some excellent transfers. I saw Hassan French play in AAU, he was rated 156 on 247 sports recruiting list for 2017 - a ferocious rebounder and defender. Jordan Goodwin was ranked 53rd in 247 Sports, the highest of any A10 signee for 2017. SLU also got a number of good transfers to join their program - now playing this season.
Ford already has 4 signed recruits for next season including the highest rated player of any A10 school again for 2018 - #45 ranked Carte'Are Gordon 6'8" 245 pounds.
Will be interesting to see how SLU plays against PC tonight in MSG. Would be a nice win for the A10 vs the BE.

Good call Ramster. Guess that's why I don't bet games anymore. I think both PC and VA Tech, especially played closer to potential last night, much more so than first night. Don't sleep on Buzz Williams and VA Tech. Let's put it this way, they play St Louis 9 more times they beat them all 9 and blow them out at least 5. But St Louis won when it counted, the actual day they played.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Saturday A-10 action:

Hampton at George Washington in a campus round game in the Las Vegas Invitational. 2 PM.

La Salle versus #20 Northwestern in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off at Mohegan Sun. 2:30 PM. On ESPN3.

Jackson State at St. Bonaventure in a campus round game in the Emerald Coast Classic. 4 PM.

CSU-Northridge at George Mason in a campus round game in the Cancun Challenge. 6 PM.

In Saint Joseph's home opener, the Hawks take on Princeton. 7 PM.

NJIT at #22 Seton Hall. 4 PM. On FS2.

Florida Gulf Coast at Bowling Green. Bill Frack Challenge game. 6 PM. On ESPN3.

Charleston at Charlotte. 7 PM.

Northern Kentucky versus Iona. Islands of the Bahamas Showcase. 8 PM.

Nevada at Pacific. 10 PM.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

First results of the day in the A-10, La Salle falls to #20 Northwestern, 82-74. The Explorers dug themselves into big first half hole and went into the break behind by 22 points. A furious second half rally got La Salle to within 7 with 8 minutes left, but a barrage of three pointers by Northwestern doused La Salle's comeback attempt.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Not a surprise there NW is solid coached by Doug Collins

St Joes nice win
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In Saturday A-10 action, the league went 4-1 on the day with the only loss being La Salle's to #20 Northwestern.

George Washington beat Hampton, 65-57. Leading by only six at the break, GW opened the second half with a 11-4 surge and on the strength of some key buckets pushed the lead to 18 with less than 7 minutes left to cinch the win.

In a game of runs, Matt Mobley put in 27 points as St. Bonaventure beat Jackson State, 72-58.

It took OT, but George Mason prevailed over CSU-Northridge, 78-73. GMU played catch-up for most of the game and was down by as much as eleven in the second half, but the Patriots rallied and tied the score with a layup with 14 seconds remaining and it was all GMU in the overtime.

Freshman Taylor Funk hit on five three pointers, scoring a high of 23 points, as Saint Joseph's won its home opener over Princeton. 71-58.

#22 Seton Hall routed NJIT, 82-53. The Pirates move their record to 4-0.

Florida Gulf Coast lost at Bowling Green, 83-80. FGCU led most of the first half and the game became nip and tuck throughout second half. FGCU was able to tie game at 80 with two free throws with six seconds left, but BG responded with the winning bucket, a three pointer, with one second left.

Charleston got a nice win at Charlotte, 81-72. On the strength of a first half surge, Charleston was in control most of game as guard Joey Chealey scored 29 points. Charleston was 10 of 22 on three point shots.

Northern Kentucky beats Iona, 85-72.

Nevada beats Pacific, 89-74. Josh Hall and Kendall combine for 12 of Nevada's record breaking 17 three pointers. Game was only close for first 10 minutes when Nevada pulled away to lead by double digits rest of way. Jordan Caroline had a double-double for the game. The Martin twins put in 15 and 13 points.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In addition to URI hosting Holy Cross at 1PM, other Sunday A-10 action:

Niagara at UMass. A campus round game in the Barclay's Center Classic. 12 PM.

La Salle versus Boston College at Mohegan Sun in the Hall of Fame Tip-Off. 3 PM. On ESPN3.

Old Dominion versus Dayton. Gildan Charleston Classic. 3:30 PM. On ESPN3.

Robert Morris at Duquesne. 5:30 PM.

Tulane versus Fordham. In the Jamaica Classic at Montego Bay. 7:30 PM. On CBSSN.

Monmouth at Virginia. Campus game in the NIT Season Tip-Off. 1 PM. On ACCNE.

Brown at St. Francis (BKN). 1 PM.

UNC Asheville at Austin Peay. 3 PM.

Coastal Carolina versus Iona. In the Islands of Bahamas Showcase. 5 PM.

#10 USC at Vanderbilt. 8 PM. On SECN.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Obadiah wrote: Charleston got a nice win at Charlotte, 81-72. On the strength of a first half surge, Charleston was in control most of game as guard Joey Chealey scored 29 points. Charleston was 10 of 22 on three point shots.
I can remember when Charlotte actually had a good basketball program. Realignment and the school's quest for low level FBS football has really hurt it. They did extremely well in the original CUSA which was very competitive with members such as Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis, and Marquette. Things have never been as good since since it was essentially forced out of CUSA as the league was reconfigured with all FBS football schools upon the exit of many original members. They and St. Louis then joined the A-10. While St Louis was able to find some success in the league, Charlotte never adapted. Its program declined a bit but was still able to make a few NIT Tournaments out of the A-10. Their fans never accepted the new league and always seemed to lament the old CUSA days with many thinking they were above the A-10. The school however had dreams of adding football and started a program from scratch. It had to find a new conference for all its sports and joined the new CUSA, an entirely different league than it once was.

Charlotte now regularly fields bad teams in both basketball and low level FBS football. Its once solid hoops program has not been to the NCAA since 2004-05 and NIT since 2012-13. It has not had a postseason appearance in the four years in its 2nd stint in CUSA after having had 3 NIT bids in eight years of the A-10 and 7 NCAA/1 NIT bids in ten years of its first run in CUSA. Its attendance has plummeted. It seems the new CUSA with members such as UAB, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, La Tech, Marshall, MTSU, N Texas, ODU, RIce, So Miss, UTEP, Texas-SA, and Western Kentucky has not exactly been good for Charlotte basketball (or football either which after spending some 50 million to start the program and build a stadium is yet to have a winning record and has gone 7-25 as a CUSA FBS member).

Charlotte 49'ers
Conference USA (Division I) (1995–2005) | RECORD | POSTSEASON
1995–1996 | 14 - 15 |
1996–1997 | 22 - 9 | NCAA Second round
1997–1998 | 20 - 11 | NCAA Second round
1998–1999 | 23 - 11 | NCAA Second round
1999–2000 | 17 - 16 | NIT
2000–2001 | 22 - 11 | NCAA Second round
2001–2002 | 18 - 12 | NCAA First round
2002–2003 | 13 - 16 |
2003–2004 | 21 - 9 | NCAA First round
2004–2005 | 21 - 8 | NCAA First round
CUSA RECORD | 191 - 118

Atlantic 10 Conference (Division I) (2005–2013) | RECORD | POSTSEASON
2005–2006 | 19 - 13 | NIT
2006–2007 | 14 - 16 |
2007–2008 | 20 - 14 | NIT
2008–2009 | 11 - 20 |
2009–2010 | 19 - 12 |
2010–2011 | 10 - 20 |
2011–2012 | 13 - 17 |
2012–2013 | 21 - 12 | NIT
A-10 RECORD | 127 - 124

Conference USA (Division I) (2013–present) | RECORD | POSTSEASON
2013–2014 | 17 - 14 |
2014–2015 | 14 - 18 |
2015–2016 | 14 - 19 |
2016–2017 | 13 - 17 |
CUSA RECORD | 58 - 68
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

RF1 wrote:
Obadiah wrote: Charleston got a nice win at Charlotte, 81-72. On the strength of a first half surge, Charleston was in control most of game as guard Joey Chealey scored 29 points. Charleston was 10 of 22 on three point shots.
I can remember when Charlotte actually had a good basketball program. Realignment and the school's quest for low level FBS football has really hurt it. They did extremely well in the original CUSA which was very competitive with members such as Louisville, Cincinnati, Memphis, and Marquette. Things have never been as good since since it was essentially forced out of CUSA as the league was reconfigured with all FBS football schools upon the exit of many original members. They and St. Louis then joined the A-10. While St Louis was able to find some success in the league, Charlotte never adapted. Its program declined a bit but was still able to make a few NIT Tournaments out of the A-10. Their fans never accepted the new league and always seemed to lament the old CUSA days with many thinking they were above the A-10. The school however had dreams of adding football and started a program from scratch. It had to find a new conference for all its sports and joined the new CUSA, an entirely different league than it once was.

Charlotte now regularly fields bad teams in both basketball and low level FBS football. Its once solid hoops program has not been to the NCAA since 2004-05 and NIT since 2012-13. It has not had a postseason appearance in the four years in its 2nd stint in CUSA after having had 3 NIT bids in eight years of the A-10 and 7 NCAA/1 NIT bids in ten years of its first run in CUSA. Its attendance has plummeted. It seems the new CUSA with members such as UAB, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, La Tech, Marshall, MTSU, N Texas, ODU, RIce, So Miss, UTEP, Texas-SA, and Western Kentucky has not exactly been good for Charlotte basketball (or football either).

Charlotte 49'ers
Conference USA (Division I) (1995–2005) | RECORD | POSTSEASON
1995–1996 | 14 - 15 |
1996–1997 | 22 - 9 | NCAA Second round
1997–1998 | 20 - 11 | NCAA Second round
1998–1999 | 23 - 11 | NCAA Second round
1999–2000 | 17 - 16 | NIT
2000–2001 | 22 - 11 | NCAA Second round
2001–2002 | 18 - 12 | NCAA First round
2002–2003 | 13 - 16 |
2003–2004 | 21 - 9 | NCAA First round
2004–2005 | 21 - 8 | NCAA First round
CUSA RECORD | 191 - 118

Atlantic 10 Conference (Division I) (2005–2013) | RECORD | POSTSEASON
2005–2006 | 19 - 13 | NIT
2006–2007 | 14 - 16 |
2007–2008 | 20 - 14 | NIT
2008–2009 | 11 - 20 |
2009–2010 | 19 - 12 |
2010–2011 | 10 - 20 |
2011–2012 | 13 - 17 |
2012–2013 | 21 - 12 | NIT
A-10 RECORD | 127 - 124

Conference USA (Division I) (2013–present) | RECORD | POSTSEASON
2013–2014 | 17 - 14 |
2014–2015 | 14 - 18 |
2015–2016 | 14 - 19 |
2016–2017 | 13 - 17 |
CUSA RECORD | 58 - 68
I remember Charlotte always having pretty good teams in the A-10 and they'd always just choke games away like mad in conference play.
Like us but worse.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Charlotte is awful now
0 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

Virginia looked tough against Monmouth. Handled them easily. Seton Hall had a much tougher time with them.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Not sure if this qualifies as a 'game of interest', but...New Hampshire is tied with #8 Florida at the half...which is at least interesting...
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Some Sunday results.

In the A-10:

UMass routed Niagara from the outset, putting in 15 3 pointers to win, 101-76. UMass under a new coach may be a surprise team in the A-10, but the word is not yet out because only 2,112 fans were in attendance.

Boston College easily defeated La Salle at Mohegan Sun, 82-61.

Old Dominion beats Dayton, 75-67. Other than the first nine minutes ODU led by good margins through most of this game. The Flyers lost two games in the Charleston tourney and have not looked anywhere the team expected.

Despite unimpressive shooting on all fronts, Robert Morris beats Duquesne, 66-59.

Virginia easily handled Monmouth, 73-53 on the strength of a 23 point performance by red-shirt freshman Deandre Hunter.

Brown falters in the late going as St. Francis (BKN) snapped an 18 game losing streak, 77-74.

UNC Asheville holds off Austin Peay in OT, 82-79.

Iona blows a late lead to fall to Coastal Carolina, 89-84. Iona had a 5 point margin with 1 + minutes left, but a critical three pointer by CC's Matt Lindsey turned the tide and gave the momentum and win to Coastal.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

As expected the A10 struggling this early season
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

reef wrote:As expected the A10 struggling this early season

There will be few opportunities for quality signature NCAA worthy wins in the A-10 this season. Most games will be potential landmines. Not looking at this time like the league will be sending three or more teams to the tournament as is its norm.
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Yeah will be surprised at 3 I am thinking 2 will go
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Fordham lost to Tulane 63-55 in Jamaica on Sunday.

The A-10 is now just 26-18 in D1 games. It is currently the 15th ranked conference in the early RPI. This is the worst start for the league in many years.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

In final results on Sunday:

Fordham could not sustain its halftime lead and lost to Tulane, 63-55. The league went 2-4 on the day with the only winners being URI and UMass.

#10 USC put in a three point shot with 28 seconds left in regulation to tie its game with Vanderbilt. It was all USC in the OT as the Trojans won 93-89.
0 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

Some of the conference's best players are hurt.....

Most of the other teams are very young.....in players and in new coaches....

Not gonna be a good year for the A10.....but the future will bring a better conference....
0 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !