The Fan, Frog and Reporter Podcast

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

The Fan, Frog and Reporter Podcast

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

I've started a podcast with Colby Cotter of the Narragansett Times and the illustrious Frog Man. We hope to do an episode a week. The first one is embedded below. We hope to include audio snippets of Hurley and players in the future, as well as interviews. We're working on getting onto Itunes as well. Let us know what you think!

Last edited by Iggy1979 6 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
6 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: New URI Podcast

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Cool. Iggy, Colby and the Frog. What a trio!
2 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Cool looking forward to this will listen later
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Thanks to all who listened to the first episode. We're back with another show, this time with audio clips from Hurley and Dowtin. Give it a listen.

1 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: New URI Podcast (with Hurley and Dowtin interviews)

Next edition will be available Friday. Topics include:

Sounds bites from Hurley and Fatts
PC game and attendance
Pre-gaming for PC
Vinnie Joyce vs. Dave's Barbershop Quartet
FT shooting
Andre Berry
Frogman's bromance with JT
Beer of the week: Shaidzon
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

3 x
RhodyRams12
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by RhodyRams12 »

Thanks Iggy. This makes my commute home slightly less miserable this afternoon.
1 x
Common sense is not common.
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: New URI Podcast (The Beat PC edition!)

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

To answer Brown home/away question. The sequence was disrupted last year because of the pre-season tournament which dictated we host Brown on a year we'd normally play in Providence. Next year, we'll be in Providence which means unless there is another change to the pattern, URI will play in Providence every other year rather than every year, since both Brown & PC will be either home games or away games in the same seasons.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: New URI Podcast (The Beat PC edition!)

ATPTourFan wrote:To answer Brown home/away question. The sequence was disrupted last year because of the pre-season tournament which dictated we host Brown on a year we'd normally play in Providence. Next year, we'll be in Providence which means unless there is another change to the pattern, URI will play in Providence every other year rather than every year, since both Brown & PC will be either home games or away games in the same seasons.
Thanks ATP
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

RFORTE wrote:Thanks Iggy. This makes my commute home slightly less miserable this afternoon.
Thanks for listening
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: New URI Podcast (Showing Ed Cooley No Love Edition)

We're back! We talk Alabama, PC, Charleston and Iona. Some funny anecdotes and plenty of quotes for Hurley and Cooley. I swear I will get this up on iTunes at some point in the foreseeable future.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Re: The Fan, Frog and Reporter Podcast Episode 4

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Good podcast. I was by those PC girls, absolutely brutal
2 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: The Fan, Frog and Reporter Podcast Episode 4

The crew discusses the wins over Iona and the College of Charleston, while looking ahead to the FGCU game. Iggy has a tribute to RodFromCranston, and Frogman wonders why he's being shut out from the video board this season.
2 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: The Fan, Frog and Reporter Podcast

Episode 6 is live. Please note, there's a audio snippet that's intro'd as an Andre Berry quote that is very obviously a Jared Terrell soundbite. Apologies for the mistake.
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

We have a great interview with David Jablonski of the Dayton Daily News on this week's show. Check that out, plus talk about URI winning out, the UMass win and much more.
2 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

Iggy1979 wrote:

We have a great interview with David Jablonski of the Dayton Daily News on this week's show. Check that out, plus talk about URI winning out, the UMass win and much more.
Iggy, I love your posts and podcast, but in my opinion, it's a bit too early to talk about running the table. We still have 2/3rds of the A10 schedule to go! That said, our last 2 A10 losses were back to back at home vs. Dayton followed by Fordham on 2/10 and 2/15 last year. Now we travel to Dayton, then Fordham. Is that another "milestone" to achieve?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Stevie: We only brought it up because people are talking about it. As I said in the podcast, I don't think they'll do it. thanks for listening!
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

The interview was good.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Now I gotta listen...Running the table is legit conversation. The question now is, which game is the trigger that gets people jacked up enough to book the Davidson trip to see 18-0 happen in person....?
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Now I gotta listen...Running the table is legit conversation. The question now is, which game is the trigger that gets people jacked up enough to book the Davidson trip to see 18-0 happen....?
Dayton at home.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ace wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Now I gotta listen...Running the table is legit conversation. The question now is, which game is the trigger that gets people jacked up enough to book the Davidson trip to see 18-0 happen....?
Dayton at home.
19 Jan 24 Wednesday Away Fordham
20 Jan 27 Saturday Home Duquesne
21 Jan 30 Tuesday Away UMASS
22 Feb 2 Friday Away VCU
23 Feb 9 Friday Home Davidson
24 Feb 13 Tuesday Home Richmond
25 Feb 16 Friday Away St Bonaventure
26 Feb 20 Tuesday Away LaSalle
27 Feb 23 Friday Home Dayton
28 Feb 27 Tuesday Home St Joseph's
29 Mar 2 Friday Away Davidson

Dayton at home February 23
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Now I gotta listen...Running the table is legit conversation. The question now is, which game is the trigger that gets people jacked up enough to book the Davidson trip to see 18-0 happen in person....?
The tough part about a trip to NC for the Davidson game Mar 2nd is the A10 Tournament in DC is Mar 9-11 and the NCAA Tournament trip is the following week. Would you rather see the Davidson game or Rhody in the A10 Championship game?
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Rhody83 wrote:
NYGFan_Section208 wrote:Now I gotta listen...Running the table is legit conversation. The question now is, which game is the trigger that gets people jacked up enough to book the Davidson trip to see 18-0 happen in person....?
The tough part about a trip to NC for the Davidson game Mar 2nd is the A10 Tournament in DC is Mar 9-11 and the NCAA Tournament trip is the following week. Would you rather see the Davidson game or Rhody in the A10 Championship game?
The answer is simple, you take the whole month of March off and follow Rhody around the country! :D
3 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Rhody83 wrote:
Not going to be able to do everything...if I can do two out of three, I'll take @Davidson for 18-0 + NCAAs. If they are perfect when the Davidson game comes up, winning the A10 tourney will be nice, but not going to carry as much weight for me as a chance to see 18-0 and the NCAAs.... but...that's just me.
0 x