TV/Internet Streaming

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
KevanBoyles
Jeff Kent
Posts: 175
Joined: 11 months ago
x 69

TV/Internet Streaming

Postby KevanBoyles » 3 months ago

Just went on A-10 website. Nothing about streaming any coverage for Rhody games. Time to panic?
0 x

User avatar
Rhodymob05
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2545
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Providence, Rhode Island
x 626

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Rhodymob05 » 3 months ago

There must be some way.
0 x
RHODE ISLAND’S TEAM

KevanBoyles
Jeff Kent
Posts: 175
Joined: 11 months ago
x 69

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby KevanBoyles » 3 months ago

Friday nights game against UNC Asheville will be streamed on the Atlantic 10 Website. I don’t see any other Rhody games listed as of yet. But this is good news.
1 x

josephski
Art Stephenson
Posts: 923
Joined: 3 years ago
x 325

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby josephski » 3 months ago

KevanBoyles wrote:Friday nights game against UNC Asheville will be streamed on the Atlantic 10 Website. I don’t see any other Rhody games listed as of yet. But this is good news.

My guess is that it will be the same as last year where they broadcast what’s displayed on the Ryan Center board which is a bummer. No replays and hopefully they take it easy with the baseline camera angle.
0 x

User avatar
wpbrown8267
Jeff Kent
Posts: 191
Joined: 10 months ago
x 126

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby wpbrown8267 » 3 months ago

i thought with streaming it on the A10 site that I had to pay $4.95 for their 24 hour block? Reading on GoRhody that it will be free - http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... 1107bs8t2k

I can spring for the $4.95 haha, but would be nice it was free
1 x

PeterRamTime
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2278
Joined: 3 years ago
x 457

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby PeterRamTime » 3 months ago

wpbrown8267 wrote:i thought with streaming it on the A10 site that I had to pay $4.95 for their 24 hour block? Reading on GoRhody that it will be free - http://www.gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/ ... 1107bs8t2k

I can spring for the $4.95 haha, but would be nice it was free


It was free every time Rhody was on it last year.
0 x

User avatar
wpbrown8267
Jeff Kent
Posts: 191
Joined: 10 months ago
x 126

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby wpbrown8267 » 3 months ago

ok, good to know, thanks PRT
1 x

KevanBoyles
Jeff Kent
Posts: 175
Joined: 11 months ago
x 69

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby KevanBoyles » 3 months ago

I paid for it for the last two years on the A10 network. Maybe I was missing something.
0 x

Shane D
Frenchy Tomlin
Posts: 19
Joined: 2 years ago
x 18

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Shane D » 3 months ago

In previous years, it was a pay stream. This year, with the limited number of home games not on national television, we will be able to make the streams free. Please understand the streams will not blow anybody away from a production standpoint, but we are providing a way for games to at least be seen.
5 x

KevanBoyles
Jeff Kent
Posts: 175
Joined: 11 months ago
x 69

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby KevanBoyles » 3 months ago

What about streaming of away games that are not on TV?
0 x

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 6119
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: San Diego, CA
x 1577

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby adam914 » 3 months ago

Shane D wrote:In previous years, it was a pay stream. This year, with the limited number of home games not on national television, we will be able to make the streams free. Please understand the streams will not blow anybody away from a production standpoint, but we are providing a way for games to at least be seen.


Hey Shane, first off, thanks for confirming this for us out of staters. It is greatly appreciated! My only request, is please please please try and get whoever produces the stream to stop using that under the basket camera angle from last year!! :)
2 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

User avatar
NYGFan_Section208
Sly Williams
Posts: 3543
Joined: 2 years ago
Location: West K
x 1007

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby NYGFan_Section208 » 3 months ago

I will be more than happy to hold a camera...for a while...from my great seat. Perhaps we could pass it around?
1 x

PeterRamTime
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2278
Joined: 3 years ago
x 457

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby PeterRamTime » 3 months ago

adam914 wrote:
Shane D wrote:In previous years, it was a pay stream. This year, with the limited number of home games not on national television, we will be able to make the streams free. Please understand the streams will not blow anybody away from a production standpoint, but we are providing a way for games to at least be seen.


Hey Shane, first off, thanks for confirming this for us out of staters. It is greatly appreciated! My only request, is please please please try and get whoever produces the stream to stop using that under the basket camera angle from last year!! :)


YES PLEASE
NO BEHIND THE BASKET CAMERA
0 x

Shane D
Frenchy Tomlin
Posts: 19
Joined: 2 years ago
x 18

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Shane D » 3 months ago

adam914 wrote:Hey Shane, first off, thanks for confirming this for us out of staters. It is greatly appreciated! My only request, is please please please try and get whoever produces the stream to stop using that under the basket camera angle from last year!! :)


This year we are just using the midcourt camera. The baseline vantage points were not effective last year.
5 x

Shane D
Frenchy Tomlin
Posts: 19
Joined: 2 years ago
x 18

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Shane D » 3 months ago

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:I will be more than happy to hold a camera...for a while...from my great seat. Perhaps we could pass it around?


Careful what you offer, NYG. If you are volunteering, you'll fit in the staffing budget :D
1 x

Shane D
Frenchy Tomlin
Posts: 19
Joined: 2 years ago
x 18

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Shane D » 3 months ago

KevanBoyles wrote:What about streaming of away games that are not on TV?


That will be up to the host schools. If they are streaming, the links will be added to our schedule.
1 x

KevanBoyles
Jeff Kent
Posts: 175
Joined: 11 months ago
x 69

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby KevanBoyles » 3 months ago

Free or will be paying the A10 website for them?
0 x

ramster
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 7939
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1503

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby ramster » 3 months ago

The Alabama Game will be Televised on the SEC Network. Could be picked up by more stations and I am sure it will be streamed.
2 x

User avatar
Running Ram
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1641
Joined: 5 years ago
x 245

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Running Ram » 3 months ago

Shane,
Thanks for the info! Also, thank you for noting our concerns about the baseline camera and looking into it's efficacy. Doing what you can, within budget, to improve the streaming experience is all anyone can ask. So on behalf of all the less mobile fans, out of state fans and fans with unconventional work schedules, thank you!

Now what can we do to help increase your budget directly? or do all funds funnel through the athletic department or communications? URI should have a streaming site with 24 hour programing as the crown jewel of what should become the best communications school in the north east. I've only been beating this drum for 5 years or so. Of course athletic programing should be paramount on the site. Lets go! Think Big!!!
1 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'

User avatar
adam914
Tyson Wheeler
Posts: 6119
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: San Diego, CA
x 1577

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby adam914 » 3 months ago

Shane D wrote:
adam914 wrote:Hey Shane, first off, thanks for confirming this for us out of staters. It is greatly appreciated! My only request, is please please please try and get whoever produces the stream to stop using that under the basket camera angle from last year!! :)


This year we are just using the midcourt camera. The baseline vantage points were not effective last year.


Awesome, thank you!!
0 x
"This is who we are now. Seniors will graduate and the next guys are going to step up." - Dan Hurley - March 12, 2017

User avatar
rhodysurf
Jimmy Baron
Posts: 487
Joined: 3 years ago
Location: Wakefield
x 319

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby rhodysurf » 3 months ago

Looks like Stadium streaming will be free on facebook

http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb14923661.htm
0 x

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 4376
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1397

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 3 months ago

rhodysurf wrote:Looks like Stadium streaming will be free on facebook

http://www.prweb.com/releases/prweb14923661.htm


So that covers our home game against Brown and our game at Fordham
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 4068
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1425

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby bigappleram » 3 months ago

From what I know Cox and Yurview and trying to find a way to provide local coverage for all the games not on TV.
0 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3946
Joined: 5 years ago
x 709

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby reef » 3 months ago

They all should be streamed , technology has spoken
1 x

User avatar
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1553
Joined: 4 years ago
x 586

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby RoadyJay » 3 months ago

Thought DiSano did a great job on Sunday. I respect that he does his research on the opposing team and doesn't mail it in like other homer broadcasters we get to listen to during Rams' road games.

Hope there are more opportunities for him this season.
7 x

Section104
Jimmy Baron
Posts: 360
Joined: 5 years ago
x 244

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Section104 » 3 months ago

RoadyJay wrote:Thought DiSano did a great job on Sunday. I respect that he does his research on the opposing team and doesn't mail it in like other homer broadcasters we get to listen to during Rams' road games.

Hope there are more opportunities for him this season.


Agreed. What does he do for a living? He's incredibly talented not to see more opportunity in this space.
2 x

Rhody83
Art Stephenson
Posts: 862
Joined: 3 years ago
x 385

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Rhody83 » 3 months ago

RoadyJay wrote:Thought DiSano did a great job on Sunday. I respect that he does his research on the opposing team and doesn't mail it in like other homer broadcasters we get to listen to during Rams' road games.

Hope there are more opportunities for him this season.


I wish he did every game on TV or radio.
1 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3946
Joined: 5 years ago
x 709

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby reef » 3 months ago

Yeah I enjoyed listening to Disano as well
0 x

Taylor Swift
ARD
Posts: 630
Joined: 4 years ago
Location: Watch Hill
x 98

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Taylor Swift » 3 months ago

Section104 wrote:
RoadyJay wrote:Thought DiSano did a great job on Sunday. I respect that he does his research on the opposing team and doesn't mail it in like other homer broadcasters we get to listen to during Rams' road games.

Hope there are more opportunities for him this season.


Agreed. What does he do for a living? He's incredibly talented not to see more opportunity in this space.



He's extremely knowledgeable and not pompous about it. That's what I appreciate about Chris. Very nice guy from all the times I've talked to him. He is a VP at an advertising firm/marketing agency in Providence.
1 x

User avatar
Rhody74
Carlton Owens
Posts: 2895
Joined: 5 years ago
x 696

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Rhody74 » 3 months ago

Taylor Swift wrote:
Section104 wrote:
RoadyJay wrote:Thought DiSano did a great job on Sunday. I respect that he does his research on the opposing team and doesn't mail it in like other homer broadcasters we get to listen to during Rams' road games.

Hope there are more opportunities for him this season.


Agreed. What does he do for a living? He's incredibly talented not to see more opportunity in this space.



He's extremely knowledgeable and not pompous about it. That's what I appreciate about Chris. Very nice guy from all the times I've talked to him. He is a VP at an advertising firm/marketing agency in Providence.

Gee, I know a great place that needs a marketing pro ...
2 x
“What comes next is going to be big, and it’s going to be beautiful.”

User avatar
bigappleram
Sly Williams
Posts: 4068
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1425

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby bigappleram » 3 months ago

Chris should be the voice of the Rams on TV or Radio. Knows the game, does his homework and gives a fair and balanced take.
3 x

User avatar
ATPTourFan
Ernie Calverley
Posts: 9948
Joined: 5 years ago
Location: Wakefield, RI
x 1527
Contact:

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby ATPTourFan » 3 months ago

Hopefully one day he gets a chance.
0 x

Rhodewarrior
Jim Eitner
Posts: 2
Joined: 4 years ago

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Rhodewarrior » 3 months ago

What is the URL for streaming home games this year?
0 x

reef
Sly Williams
Posts: 3946
Joined: 5 years ago
x 709

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby reef » 3 months ago

Yeah will the Brown game be streamed ??
0 x

User avatar
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1553
Joined: 4 years ago
x 586

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby RoadyJay » 2 months ago

reef wrote:Yeah will the Brown game be streamed ??


Yea, will it?
1 x

KevanBoyles
Jeff Kent
Posts: 175
Joined: 11 months ago
x 69

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby KevanBoyles » 2 months ago

It’s on Facebook.
0 x

User avatar
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1553
Joined: 4 years ago
x 586

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby RoadyJay » 2 months ago

KevanBoyles wrote:It’s on Facebook.


Thanks, KB. Can you let us know where you saw this? Link?
0 x

User avatar
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney
Posts: 13068
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1506

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby rodfromcranston » 2 months ago

Chris Disano is the ultimate pro.
He not only knows URI, but he's encyclopedic
on the entire A-10.
He clearly articulates this, but not in
an obnoxious Jay Billis way.
Plus, he's a great guy, and very likable.
2 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.

Rhody83
Art Stephenson
Posts: 862
Joined: 3 years ago
x 385

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby Rhody83 » 2 months ago

rodfromcranston wrote:Chris Disano is the ultimate pro.
He not only knows URI, but he's encyclopedic
on the entire A-10.
He clearly articulates this, but not in
an obnoxious Jay Billis way.
Plus, he's a great guy, and very likable.


Definitely. I wish he did more URI games. I wish he did the radio.
It is time for URI to update their radio anniuncers.
1 x

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 4376
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1397

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 2 months ago

I remember reading recently on this board that Chris has a job that would probably stop him from doing most road games assuming he would even want the radio job. Even if Chris wanted it and could do all home and close road games, who could you possibly get that would want to do all the distant road trips and only those games?
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

User avatar
RhowdyRam02
Sly Williams
Posts: 4376
Joined: 5 years ago
x 1397

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby RhowdyRam02 » 2 months ago

RoadyJay wrote:
KevanBoyles wrote:It’s on Facebook.


Thanks, KB. Can you let us know where you saw this? Link?


Right in this thread about a week ago
0 x
“We’re going to get better in the future. Coach Hurley’s history speaks for itself. I came here because I wanted to be part of his program, to help get things rolling, to help build a program," E.C. Matthews

User avatar
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley
Posts: 1553
Joined: 4 years ago
x 586

Re: TV/Internet Streaming

Postby RoadyJay » 2 months ago

Thank you RR.. I missed it.. See it now: https://www.facebook.com/StadiumCollegeBasketball/
2 x


Return to “NCAAs or Bust!”