Big News Forthcoming??? (Spoiler: It's the West Virgina Game @ Mohegan Sun)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Re: Big News Forthcoming???

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:OK...enough with the suspense.... the big news was going to be that Rhody football had secured trademark rights for "dumpster fire"...however, it appears that the NY Giants have beat them to the punch. Sorry Rhody Nation, but today's Jints game is making Rhody's 2nd half against JMU seem "competitive" by comparison....
25!
3 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Kingston
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Kingston »

There is bad news coming, but can tell you those in the know have no idea what this big news is on the 20th . you all have been had
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by bigappleram »

There is bad news coming?
0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Maybe Stan?
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

bigappleram wrote:There is bad news coming?
Nothing that hasn't been talked about before, it's pretty minor IMO.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Kingston wrote:There is bad news coming, but can tell you those in the know have no idea what this big news is on the 20th . you all have been had
No one has mentioned a date for the big news. You just made up the 20th. You probably made up the “bad news is coming”. In the last two years all of your post except 1 where on the Bosewell arrested thread. You went on and on there about high school students telling you what happened.

Birdman is credible and you are not.
0 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

FTP.PNG
FTP.PNG (85.87 KiB) Viewed 2019 times
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Kingston wrote:There is bad news coming, but can tell you those in the know have no idea what this big news is on the 20th . you all have been had
Kingston,
There is nothing to the specific date of November 20th. Earlier, on Page 1, TP listed November 20th as a joke.
TruePoint wrote:November 20 is a random day of no significance. I was trying to poke fun at the idea of asking when an unknown piece of information will come out. Sorry for the confusion.
The thread was started based on tweets regarding Big News Forthcoming - back on October 30th from BirdmanJrJr. No timeline was ever provided detailing when this "Big News" would be coming out. Only time will tell if "you all have been had" but of course no one knows when that "time" might be...........maybe this thread runs another 6 months, some good news comes out, and Birdman claims it as his original secret........... and NYGFan_Section208 is then up to 250 responses in the "Big News Forthcoming Thread" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whole thing reminds me of the old joke: How do you keep an A$$hole in suspense..................
0 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

I would assume this good news is related to what Neil has mentioned previously with the schedule. Our fans are getting excited about where this program is going, remember this is a GOOD thing. Love Birdman and his excitement! Now we need more of him!

Bring your friends and neighbors to games this year, let's grow our base even further!
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Unread post by steviep123 »

I"m still dying to find out what the game is Laprey referred to as well as the game Thorr was trying to line up for this winter. I don't know if we'll ever find out.
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Stan was charged this weekend
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Iggy1979 wrote:Stan was charged this weekend
Shit
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Actually it was Friday. I wonder if he played against Harvard. Will he play Friday?
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Iggy1979 wrote:Actually it was Friday. I wonder if he played against Harvard. Will he play Friday?
Given Boswell was suspended from all team activities after being charged, I would assume the same will be done with Robinson.

Robinson's actions were the catalyst for this entire episode (which then involved Boswell) and he is responsible for his fate. If he is charged with assaulting a police officer, I would expect serious action on the part of URI.
Last edited by RF1 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

Iggy1979 wrote:Stan was charged this weekend
I would have thought Koch would have tweeted this...is this in the news?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

”I'm not coming there to be in the top 3 of the Atlantic 10. I'm coming to win the damn thing!”
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

RF1 wrote:
Iggy1979 wrote:Actually it was Friday. I wonder if he played against Harvard. Will he play Friday?
Given Boswell was suspended from all team activities after being charged, I would assume the same will be done with Robinson.

Robinson's actions were the catalyst for this entire episode (which then involved Boswell) and he is responsible for his fate. If he is charged with assaulting a police officer, I would expect serious action on the part of URI.
Come on. You want the hammer to come down on someone because they're charged?
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Changing my prediction again ... 10-19 and 5-13.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
steviep123
Sly Williams

Speaking of, is Boswell back with the team?
0 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:
RF1 wrote:

Come on. You want the hammer to come down on someone because they're charged?

Boswell was suspended based on being charged. URI did not wait until after the case was resolved. Do you think Robinson, who by all accounts was the catalyst for the entire episode, should be treated differently?
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Deshawn Hand wasn't suspended for a DUI.

You could say Coaches are held to a higher standard, thus the suspension.

Then have internal discipline for Robinson.

I also interpreted your "serious action" as more than a brief suspension.

Again assaulting a police officer many times can be the cop's club striking you in the face. It almost never is the image conjured from reading "assault."
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:Deshawn Hand wasn't suspended for a DUI.

You could say Coaches are held to a higher standard, thus the suspension.

Then have internal discipline for Robinson.

I also interpreted your "serious action" as more than a brief suspension.

Again assaulting a police officer many times can be the cop's club striking you in the face. It almost never is the image conjured from reading "assault."

Hand played football for SEC member Alabama. He could probably have been charged with murder and the school would have taken no action claiming it was waiting for the legal process to play out.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

He was charged with several misdemeanors. I would think if he was charged with assault on a police officer it would be a felony.

Guessing he will be suspended.
0 x
Kingston
Steve Chubin

Unread post by Kingston »

hey rhody 83

there goes goes my credibility.

I only post on good information and the coaching staff has no clue what the big news is.
I think they would know
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

The charges: resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, simple assault. Typically, the charges will be filed. But URI has to do something.
0 x
rhodysurf
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodysurf »

Iggy1979 wrote:The charges: resisting arrest, disorderly conduct, simple assault. Typically, the charges will be filed. But URI has to do something.
That is.... not ideal
0 x
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

Iggy is right about Rhody having to do something, some kind of suspension is happening. I won't even start to guess or speculate the amount of games, but it has to be something

As far as the actual charges, all will result in fines and community service, this is all on how URI responds and handles things with Stan

I hope Stan isn't suspended through the Seton Hall and UVA/Vanderbilt games. He is huge as a rebounding guard and would really need him vs SHU

i guess we'll see how this plays out
0 x
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

The big news that is being referred to is schedule based and won't be able to be announced or leaked until something is signed and official -in terms of neutral site/home games. That's pretty standard so that leaked info doesn't actually screw up the scheduling. Everyone breathe.
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Blue Man wrote:The big news that is being referred to is schedule based and won't be able to be announced or leaked until something is signed and official -in terms of neutral site/home games. That's pretty standard so that leaked info doesn't actually screw up the scheduling. Everyone breathe.
Home and Home with the Zags for next two years. #zagsoftheeast
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

At least as far as I am aware, there is not anything with the Zags in the works. The Zags do not really travel much. But the series I do know about is with a good name brand opponent, good situation in terms of terms of the "home and home" details (IMO). People should be happy when it is finally public. But perhaps this thread is making too much of a deal about it.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

This hype is what started this whole thing - makes it sound like more than just a home and home series announcement in the works.
Shouldn't blame KeaneyBlue posters for falling for this. Fool me once..........Fool me twice
Joe95 wrote:I wonder what he is referring too?

0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote:At least as far as I am aware, there is not anything with the Zags in the works. The Zags do not really travel much. But the series I do know about is with a good name brand opponent, good situation in terms of terms of the "home and home" details (IMO). People should be happy when it is finally public. But perhaps this thread is making too much of a deal about it.
you might say
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Bird man just say it, who gives a flying F (pun intended) Happy Monday.
1 x
GO RAMS
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Hope Stan isn't suspended at all.
I say URI doesn't have to do anything.
Doesn't sound like a big issue to me, no felonies, just being a dumbass.
If we do suspend him, suspend him for the Holy Cross game and the Brown game :)
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:This hype is what started this whole thing - makes it sound like more than just a home and home series announcement in the works.
Shouldn't blame KeaneyBlue posters for falling for this. Fool me once..........Fool me twice
I don't talk to Birdman JrJrJrJr. He hasn't followed me back on twitter so I can't DM him. So, maybe there is news that isn't scheduling related that is in the pipeline - I don't have any way of knowing. But there is a bit of scheduling news that hasn't been announced and people seem to think that is what this is.
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

We clearly need Opening Night to get here fast !!!!
6 x
RIFan
Carlton Owens

Unread post by RIFan »

If Stan was or is about to be charged, I wish it had happened a while ago so the process would be completed or near completion, like it was for Boswell. No need for this to drag on so long.
0 x
Joe95
ARD

Unread post by Joe95 »

Screenshot_20171106-152012.png
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote:
ramster wrote:This hype is what started this whole thing - makes it sound like more than just a home and home series announcement in the works.
I don't talk to Birdman JrJrJrJr. He hasn't followed me back on twitter so I can't DM him. So, maybe there is news that isn't scheduling related that is in the pipeline - I don't have any way of knowing. But there is a bit of scheduling news that hasn't been announced and people seem to think that is what this is.
If it is about the scheduling, Neil had that well before Birdmanjrjr. He kept it on the KeaneyBlue Board, not shared to the twitterverse. I doubt it is the scheduling, sure had a bunch of posters super hyped up.
I'm more with those who say keep it to yourself if you are not going to share.
We know Birdmanjrjr said in his tweets he was at the URI Exhibition game, he made several comments about it, also his power went out in RI, so he goes to games, lives in the area, uses a lot of F-Bombs. Says he was told about comments on KeaneyBlue so he looked and made a number of related tweets about comments on our board. Says he is not a member of KeaneyBlue, maybe he should just sign up. As knowledgeable fans if URI Sports as there are right here at KB.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

Looks like Stan plays Friday
0 x
section(105)
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by section(105) »

......have to think that URI student athlete code of conduct, team rules etc. would result in type of disciplinary action......no?
0 x
Ram logo via Grist 1938
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

URI suspended Boswell pretty much immediately, before the charges were resolved. But with Stan, they say no further comments until the legal process runs its course. Interesting.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

By this action I think Dan is holding onto no suspension if he gets a ruling similar what Ty got. Or since Stan is a student, Dan is waiting to see what the University does first. My guess is Stan will have a hearing with the university disciplinary body.
0 x
steviep123
Sly Williams

I wonder why it took 53 days for an arrest to be made.
2 x
Bleed Keaney Blue!

TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:Says he was told about comments on KeaneyBlue so he looked and made a number of related tweets about comments on our board. Says he is not a member of KeaneyBlue.
As always, the moral of this thread is: do not believe everything you read on twitter.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote:
ramster wrote:Says he was told about comments on KeaneyBlue so he looked and made a number of related tweets about comments on our board. Says he is not a member of KeaneyBlue.
As always, the moral of this thread is: do not believe everything you read on twitter.
Absolutely. And especially the member / not member part
0 x
Section104
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Section104 »

Kingston wrote:hey rhody 83

I only post on good information and the coaching staff has no clue what the big news is.
I think they would know
there's more bad news coming that the coaching staff doesn't know about? Am I reading that right?
0 x
bigappleram
Ernie Calverley

I have to assume this was the bad news Kingston first mentioned.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Section104 wrote:
Kingston wrote:hey rhody 83

I think they would know
there's more bad news coming that the coaching staff doesn't know about? Am I reading that right?
Kingston was right on.

Funny how it seems some on KB tend to trust the Twitter people over our own members at times. Probably should trust the Rhody Family more
1 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

What is going on on the 20th?
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I would like to see Stan suspended for 2 games by DH. Need to lay down the law that this type of behavior is not tolerated by the players
1 x