10/28 | Buffalo Bulls | 1pm (exhibition)

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

10/28 | Buffalo Bulls | 1pm (exhibition)

Unread post by TruePoint »

University of Buffalo at University of Rhode Island (Exhibition)
Thomas M. Ryan Center - Kingston, RI
Saturday, October 28, 2017
1:00PM

Media

TV: none

Radio: 90.3 WRIU

Previews:
http://www.providencejournal.com/sports ... st-buffalo

Opponent

Record:
0-0, 0-0 in MAC
0-0 on the road
17-15, 11-7 in MAC last season

Rankings:
RPI: 148 (final 2017)
BPI: 124 (final 2017)
KenPom: 151

Leaders (returning from 2016-17):
Points - CJ Massinburg, 14.5
Rebounds - Nick Perkins, 6.6
Assists - CJ Massinburg, 2.8

Preview

When Buffalo visits URI for a charity exhibition game to benefit hurricane relief efforts on Saturday, it will be the first time most URI fans will have the chance to get a glimpse of the team on the floor with the scoreboard turned on since last March. The last time we saw them, Rhody came up just short against Oregon with a trip to the Sweet 16 on the line - a tough end to a great run to end the season.

Despite the relative lack of a historic connection between Buffalo and URI (the teams have met just twice in 100 years, each winning once), there are quite a few connections between the programs in the recent past. Buffalo's recent success was kicked off when they hired Bobby Hurley off of Dan's staff at URI prior to the 2013-14 season. When Bobby went to Buffalo, he hired as part of his staff current UB head coach Nate Oates. Oates, of course, coached EC Matthews in high school at Romulus outside Detroit. Recently, Oates has brought in former consensus top-100 recruit Wes Clark via transfer from Missouri - Clark played for Oates and with EC at Romulus. Clark arrived at Buffalo in the spring and intends to be eligible to play in the second semester.

As far as scouting the Bulls, I'm not going to go overboard for an exhibition game, but Buffalo has seen a lot of turnover from last year's team that went 17-15 and 11-7 in the MAC. They are replacing seven players, three of whom were starters, including Blake Hamilton who was a second-team all-MAC wing and led the team in scoring and assists and was second in rebounding. The best returning players for the Bulls are CJ Massinburg, who was an honorable mention all-conference player, Nick Perkins, who led the team in rebounding in 16-17, and Deontay Caruthers, who was an all-defensive MAC player. Clark, when he becomes eligible, will be a sure starter and contributor - he averaged about 10 ppg over the last two years for Mizzou in the SEC.

Overall, this will be a good opportunity for fans to see the team and a good chance for the team to get some of the jitters out playing in front of a crowd and against decent competition as it gears up for its season opener against UNC-Asheville on November 10. In between now and then, the team will have another (and perhaps better) opportunity to get up to speed when it scrimmages Harvard in a "secret scrimmage," as it has done the last several years. This should be a good opportunity for younger players looking to carve out a role to get some run - Layssard, Tertsea and Fatts Russell especially. The main goal for Rhody on Saturday should be to escape without any health setbacks - anything else is gravy.
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Re: 10/28 -- Buffalo Bulls (Exhibition)

Normally I wouldn't do a game thread for an exhibition game, but wanted to do a dry run with the formatting and elicit feedback. So please let me know what you think of it and feel free to make suggestions, either here or by PM.

Note that the game threads for games this season are already under construction away from the main board, but I will not be writing the previews until we get closer to the games. That piece I am welcoming other posters to contribute if anyone wants to do that. Please PM if you're interested in doing the preview write-up for any specific game and we can discuss the logistics involved.
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Other than being superstitious and wanting the same person to keep making the game threads when we win, I really like the new format. One minor change I'd make in the title section is to add the day and time of the game. So it would look something like

Saturday 10/28 1pm vs. Buffalo

Doing that you have all of the most important information right in the title including whether the game is home or away.

Even though he won't be eligible we should see Wes Clark in this one, right?
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Excellent!
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

great job!
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Other than being superstitious and wanting the same person to keep making the game threads when we win, I really like the new format. One minor change I'd make in the title section is to add the day and time of the game. So it would look something like

Doing that you have all of the most important information right in the title including whether the game is home or away.

Not sure on Clark. Don't see a reason why he wouldn't. Be allowed to play in an exhibition, but this is the NCAA so who knows. I don't recall how Iverson was used in the preseason after his transfer, but maybe someone else here remembers - that would probably answer the question with respect to Clark.

As far as the thread title, I went back and forth on that. Ultimately I decided on trying to de-clutter the title since all of that information you suggested (and then some) is very prominent right up at the top of the main post. I'm certainly open to other ideas, but that is something I thought about and decided to go with a less-is-better approach. I wanted to use the least amount of essential info necessary to identify the game without any confusion, which I thought was just the date and the opponent.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

TruePoint wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:Other than being superstitious and wanting the same person to keep making the game threads when we win, I really like the new format. One minor change I'd make in the title section is to add the day and time of the game. So it would look something like

Not sure on Clark. Don't see a reason why he wouldn't. Be allowed to play in an exhibition, but this is the NCAA so who knows. I don't recall how Iverson was used in the preseason after his transfer, but maybe someone else here remembers - that would probably answer the question with respect to Clark.
Iverson was enrolled for the entire Spring semester and then eligible for the following season, so I don’t think the situations are comparable.

Dan and EC went to see Nate and his team play in the 2016 NCAA tournament in Providence, and Dan said he wouldn’t attend another tournament game until it was one he coached. I’m still really glad that was a short wait.

We know Bobby had only a short stay in Buffalo before moving up, but the AD who hired him and had ties to Duke also stayed only a few years, positioning himself to move to UCF. The coach that Bobby took over for at Buffalo, Reggie Witherspoon, is now coaching at Canisius following Baron’s retirement. The college sports world is a small one.
Last edited by ace 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
3 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Yup, my mistake on Iverson. I forgot he was allowed to play the full season, so definitely not applicable here.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Exhibition: Buffalo Bills, Saturday Oct 28 @ 1pm

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

I thought our game thread naming syntax worked pretty well last season, so I just changed this one to model that. Thoughts?
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ace
Ernie Calverley

Re: Exhibition: Buffalo Bills, Saturday Oct 28 @ 1pm

Unread post by ace »

ATPTourFan wrote:I thought our game thread naming syntax worked pretty well last season, so I just changed this one to model that. Thoughts?

Well, it currently says Bills, so that doesn’t seem right :)
3 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Re: Exhibition: Buffalo Bulls, Saturday Oct 28 @ 1pm

Excellent point as always... can i pass the blame downhill to TP? haha
 ! Message from: ATPTourFan
Just my old-man eyes playing tricks. TP had it as Bulls the whole time. Derp!
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I had it as Bulls, if you look up to the posts using the original title.

Sorry for repeating myself, but since you asked I did put some thought into the naming convention and my feeling is that we don't need to elongate the title with superfluous information and a simpler title is better. What is the utility of having the day of the week and the time of day in title? The date seems sufficient to identify the particular game, since all of that other information is available (and prominently displayed) in the top post in the thread. I am not against moving the tag ("Game 1" etc., or in this case "Exhibition") to the front if that makes people feel better. If people feel strongly about it then I'm not going to challenge them to a duel outside the Ryan over it, but I feel pretty strongly that the thread title doesn't need to have every last piece of information when it is otherwise available with one click. Seems like the message board equivalent of someone sending you an email with a paragraph-length message in the subject line, which causes the subject to not display properly on phones and is annoying.
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

DUEL! DUEL! DUEL! (inside of the Ry at halftime...either on court, or in one of the pubs) :lol:

I'm just glad someone is posting the info...
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Looking forward to the reports on this game
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Lookin' forward to seeing it!!!! :D
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

As I've said, I prefer closer to ATP's way. If we didn't have what game of the year it is or day of the week I certainly wouldn't mind. I do think time is important.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:DUEL! DUEL! DUEL! (inside of the Ry at halftime...either on court, or in one of the pubs) :lol:

I'm just glad someone is posting the info...
Pubs are a little too crowded, I think. Maybe there is no GOOD place for a duel, but a Rhody Pub might be pushing it.

I don't want to be overly defensive here, because at the end of the day my intention is to provide something to the posters on this board that adds to their experience of following Rhody hoops. If it is unanimous that everyone wants to cram all this information into a thread title, I'll choose another hill to die on. And if ATP feels super strongly about it, that's also fine with me but there are avenues for him to communicate that to me that would have perhaps been preferable.

If I do seem defensive, it's only because I put a lot of thought into the way I did it and to have it changed on me without any discussion seemed a little premature. To me, the purpose of a thread title is to signal to the reader what information is contained in the thread, not to dole out as much of that information as possible.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

RhowdyRam02 wrote:As I've said, I prefer closer to ATP's way. If we didn't have what game of the year it is or day of the week I certainly wouldn't mind. I do think time is important.
OK, but that information is not hidden. It is shown clearly right up top of the actual content of the thread. The thread title is just to convey what the thread is about, not to dispense information. What is the benefit of having the time of the game in the title? Is it just to save anyone who wants to know the "trouble" of clicking thru to the thread, which would cost them about two extra seconds?
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Honestly yes, you could say it's partially for the lazy, but I do think game time is vital. I can appreciate that you put a lot of thought into this though, and I won't boycott the board if the time isn't included. You can decide if that last part is good or not.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

This is obviously a subjective thing. There is no "correct" way to do it. Like I said, if people want it, I'll do it. I asked for the feedback and I gave my rationale, so if that isn't persuasive to people then I can accept that.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Truepoint and others, I made the change to get feedback on the two very different options -- not to declare one method the only possible outcome. I can understand both sides and for me, there's value in putting the critical info in the thread title (date, time, location, TV) so people don't even have to click to have that available. On the other hand, there's the thought that the title isn't the place to share that info. Truepoint has done a great job on the first post template and the critical info is right there in big bold text.

As this is just an exhibition game thread, it's a great place to hash this stuff out with feedback from keaneyblue members before the real games start. Perhaps there is a middle ground to be established between both options. My apologies to Truepoint who has taken it on himself to make this a better experience for everyone here at keaneyblue.

Maybe some options for consideration to de-clutter (I keep adding more ideas!):

Game 2: @ Nevada Wolf Pack, Nov 13
Game 2: @ Nevada Wolf Pack, 11/13
Game 2: @ Nevada Wolf Pack, 11/13 11:30p ESPNU
Game 2: @ Nevada Wolf Pack, Nov 13 11:30p
at Nevada, Nov 13 @ 11:30pm ESPNU
Providence - Dec 2 5pm - CBSSN
Game: Providence - Dec 2 @ 5pm - CBSSN

I agree that the day of the week is completely redundant and contributes the most to the title expansion. Game # may or may not have value. I'm open to dropping that in favor of keeping other mission critical info. The @ could easily be swapped with "at" depending on what people feel is better.
0 x
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

Name of opponent, date, time and TV channel.
0 x
Go Rhody
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Really no need to apologize. I said my piece about my thought process in doing the way I did it, and I really am open to doing it however people would prefer to see it. I shouldn't have been defensive about it. I'm not doing this for me, I am doing it for you guys so however everybody wants it is fine with me.
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

I'm convinced we need to put the title on a diet. Your points about readability, word-wrap on mobile are very valid and worth driving down the max # of characters.

I could be wrong, but looking at keaneyblue threads from February/March there is value to having them begin the same way. The "Game" at the start helped them stand out to me when I pull up the unread posts or scroll through 50 threads per page. Does anyone feel the same way? Take a look for yourself: http://keaneyblue.com/viewforum.php?f=6&start=240
0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

To me it didn't really help make them stand out. Perhaps a compromise to help them stand out and keep character limit down would be to make only the game threads all caps?
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Personally, I'd abandon the "Game" to avoid all CAPS.
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Over/under on "pages for this discussion" => 2.5
0 x
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Maybe just pin the next game thread then release it after? That way it stays at the top of the forum.
3 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Definitely get the TV channel on the subject line
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

ATPTourFan wrote:I'm convinced we need to put the title on a diet. Your points about readability, word-wrap on mobile are very valid and worth driving down the max # of characters.

I could be wrong, but looking at keaneyblue threads from February/March there is value to having them begin the same way. The "Game" at the start helped them stand out to me when I pull up the unread posts or scroll through 50 threads per page. Does anyone feel the same way? Take a look for yourself: http://keaneyblue.com/viewforum.php?f=6&start=240
Definitely agree on having them all begin the same way, that's why I included the date first. Obviously all games will have different dates, but I think looking at a page of threads, the ones that start with that date format would stick out. The reason why I included the date at all was partly for that reason and partly to differentiate between games against the same opponent. Beyond that, I didn't think there was a lot of reason to include the day, time, TV network, even home or away. All of that information will be included in the heading of the post inside the thread, so it seemed redundant to me.

I appreciate different posters have said different items from that list are important to them, I just wonder whether a lot of thought has gone into why they feel that way. To me, the thread title just needs to indicate what the thread is. Everyone will know (or will figure out after one time looking for it) that the other info people want to see is prominently displayed in the top post in the thread and can be found with one click.

My natural tendency is toward simplicity and clean, stripped down presentation. I get that is an aesthetic preference that maybe not everyone shares, but realistically there has to be a limit to what is included in the title and it's all going to be in the body of the post anyways, so why not just stick to what is essential?

Again, at the end of the day I want to make you guys happy and will go with what you say you want, but before we decide I want to advocate for my preference because I did put some thought into it.

Also, I like blueram's idea to sticky the current game thread to the top. Typically we wouldn't really need that because it gets a lot of action anyways, but can't hurt. I think it's a good idea.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

I think it's much ado about not much. We'll adjust.
2 x
Slava Ukraini!
eli#10
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by eli#10 »

Does anyone know if both the north and south entrances to the RC will be open on Saturday? Hopefully the box office will not be selling tix and you only have to make your cash donation at the door and all moves quickly.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

I didn't know where to put this, but I went to the PC-UConn exhibition game at Mohegan tonight.

UConn is in for a long season....they can't shoot a lick, and they look thin compared to the much more bulky PC.....

PC was draining 3's from everywhere in the 2nd half...Diallo looks like a player, and we know about Cartwright....

I left with a few minutes to go, PC was up by 25.....I know it's only an exhibition, but....

We will have our hands full with them on Dec. 2nd.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

ATPTourFan wrote:I'm convinced we need to put the title on a diet. Your points about readability, word-wrap on mobile are very valid and worth driving down the max # of characters.

Last Season I made many of the Game Threads, especially the later half of the season. ATP corrected some of my threads to make them standardized and that's what I did. I appreciated his desire to keep things standardized. Examples:
Game #29: @ St Joseph's Wednesday March 1, 7:00pm ASN
Game #30: Davidson Saturday March 4, 6:00PM SENIOR NIGHT ASN
Game #28: VCU Saturday Feb 25 2:00PM Ryan Center ESPN2
Game #27: @ La Salle Tuesday Feb 21, 6:00PM CBSSN
Game #26: @ George Mason, Saturday Feb 18, 4:00PM NBCSN
Game #24: Dayton Friday Feb 10, 7:00PM ESPN2 Ryan Center

This season I have also made several for Football:
Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Saturday Oct 28 ESPN3
Gm 7 Elon 12pm Sat Oct 21 Homecoming Family Day
Gm 6 @ Maine Sat Oct 14 3:30pm

I like the Game, but adopted some earlier game posts in football to just have Gm (to shorten)
I liked the game numbers last year because I wanted to post more than just one game. If a big game like Dayton or VCU or PC was coming up then I wanted a place that posters could post to that game, even if it was a game or two in the future. Otherwise the wrong game stuff gets posted on the only game thread posted or active.
I think the Day is good but could be shortened to simply Sat, Fri, Mon, Tue, Thu.........
Month can be shortened to Feb, Jan, Mar........
Many last year were interested in the television status - so I included that when applicable

Nobody every complained - I kept them standardized just as people before me had, and ATP advised

I like the pertinent info in the title. I prefer to not have to enter the thread so look for the basic info:
Ideally for me would be as an example:
Gm 8 @ Albany 1pm Sat Oct 28 ESPN3

I would NOT list the team's nickname like Friars, Bulls, etc. it's irrelevant Just have VCU, Dayton, Richmond, PC, FGSU,

my two cents, shorten what has worked in the past to 3 letter day (Fri) and 3 letter month (Dec) and no nicknames. Keep the TV too

Just keep the same as has been standard last year for Basketball and this year for Football
0 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

ramster wrote:

Last Season I made many of the Game Threads, especially the later half of the season. ATP corrected some of my threads to make them standardized and that's what I did. I appreciated his desire to keep things standardized. Examples:

I like the Game, but adopted some earlier game posts in football to just have Gm (to shorten)
I liked the game numbers last year because I wanted to post more than just one game. If a big game like Dayton or VCU or PC was coming up then I wanted a place that posters could post to that game, even if it was a game or two in the future. Otherwise the wrong game stuff gets posted on the only game thread posted or active.
I think the Day is good but could be shortened to simply Sat, Fri, Mon, Tue, Thu.........
Many last year were interested in the television status - so I included that when applicable

Nobody every complained - I kept them standardized just as people before me had, and ATP advised

I like the pertinent info in the title. I prefer to not have to enter the thread so look for the basic info:

I would NOT list the team's nickname like Friars, Bulls, etc. it's irrelevant Just have VCU, Dayton, Richmond, PC, FGSU,

my two cents, shorten what has worked in the past to 3 letter day (Fri) and 3 letter month (Dec) and no nicknames. Keep the TV too

Just keep the same as has been standard last year for Basketball and this year for Football
We still have a ways to go to get to the over (2.5 pages)...but posts like this really help... 8-)
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

We are spending way too much time talking about the freaking thread title. Honestly, I'm not very sympathetic to the argument that it's too difficult to click on the thread to get the information. The best analogy for me is calendar invites at work - at least at my job, the subject line just has the topic for the meeting. The details (day, time, location, dial-in, attendees, etc.) is contained in the body. Maybe I'm partial to that because it is familiar to me, but I think it makes the most sense. I asked for feedback on the game thread format and content, and I got a lot of feedback on the naming convention. I appreciate the input and I will take it under advisement. After I connect with ATP we will make a decision.

I almost hesitate to ask now, but if anyone has any thoughts on the information that will be in the actual post, please fire away. I'd really rather focus on that since it is what actually matters, not the title. One thing that I will probably add is the Vegas line. Another thing I was considering including is the opposing team roster with jersey numbers and positions, which I always find helpful to have during a game and might be good to have right in the thread.
0 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

I think we need MORE information than EVER in the title.
Idk, I just love information.
1 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

You're going to get MORE information than EVER in the thread. The title is just how you find the thread to get the information. It isn't where the information is provided.
1 x
PeterRamTime
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by PeterRamTime »

Thanks for the info
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Ok no thread title talk.

Top statistical trends would be a nice touch. If Cyril has double digit rebounds for a couple games. or things like that. URI has held their last 3 opponents under 55 points and 45% FG.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

TruePoint wrote:We are spending way too much time talking about the freaking thread title. Honestly, I'm not very sympathetic to the argument that it's too difficult to click on the thread to get the information. The best analogy for me is calendar invites at work - at least at my job, the subject line just has the topic for the meeting. The details (day, time, location, dial-in, attendees, etc.) is contained in the body. Maybe I'm partial to that because it is familiar to me, but I think it makes the most sense. I asked for feedback on the game thread format and content, and I got a lot of feedback on the naming convention. I appreciate the input and I will take it under advisement. After I connect with ATP we will make a decision.

I almost hesitate to ask now, but if anyone has any thoughts on the information that will be in the actual post, please fire away. I'd really rather focus on that since it is what actually matters, not the title. One thing that I will probably add is the Vegas line. Another thing I was considering including is the opposing team roster with jersey numbers and positions, which I always find helpful to have during a game and might be good to have right in the thread.
I wouldn't mind individual stats for both the opponent and our team. I don't know how hard that would be. I supposed it could be copied and pasted from another site somewhere. It wouldn't mean much early in the season with so little games played, but later on, especially during conference play, it would be interesting....to me anyway. I love stats...
0 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

By individual stats, I mean the ones that are in box score form, for every player, with all shooting stats, rebounds, assists, steals, etc.
0 x
Obadiah
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Obadiah »

Nice job, Truepoint. I would add a statistical look at the opponent's expected starting five. Also in the OOC portion, a look at any common opponents.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Obadiah wrote:Nice job, Truepoint. I would add a statistical look at the opponent's expected starting five. Also in the OOC portion, a look at any common opponents.
Thanks Obie. I mentioned above that I want to include the roster of the opposing team - may make sense to include some stats and denote starters there. Some of that info will also be covered in the preview/scouting report section and there is already a space to show the opponent's team leader in each statistical category, so it will be there in a couple of forms.

As far as the common opponents, I wonder if that is something that can be contributed to the thread in a subsequent post where relevant? I'm just a little cautious about biting off more than I can chew from a research perspective, and also want to make sure that the write-up isn't too lengthy. That info is something that we can also include in the write-up, too.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Billy/SPG - you'll get plenty of stats. I'm going to play with including a boxscore-style roster that has some of that info, and the relevant statistical info will also definitely be covered in the preview write-up.

Keep in mind that these threads will still be open-source overall. If there is any info that you want that I can't or don't include in the preview post, feel free to track it down and post it in the thread. If you're interested in it, then chances are that others are too. It just won't be possible for me to get to everything.
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

TruePoint wrote:You're going to get MORE information than EVER in the thread. The title is just how you find the thread to get the information. It isn't where the information is provided.

Exhibition: Buffalo Bulls, Saturday Oct 28 @ 1pm
Gm 1: Buffalo, 1pm Sat Oct 28

This is a suggestion. Abbreviate Gm, time first so don't need the @ sign, Abbreviate Day and Month to 3 letters. I'd also include TV coverage if applicable as this is often desired info for posters out of state
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

NYGFan_Section208 wrote:
ramster wrote:

We still have a ways to go to get to the over (2.5 pages)...but posts like this really help... 8-)
Just tried to help, especially since I did the majority of game threads last year, and standardized the format the same for basketball and football this year.

Feedback was asked for and I provided. I would not have brought the subject up for change anyway as to me nothing was broken, but my feedback was provided and you have to criticize the length of my thoughts. So Screw it. Nothing more from me.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I'd definitely recommend including a link to the URI game notes when available as well (in addition to the stuff you already have planned). Those will provide a ton of information, include statistical, that would probably satisfy a lot of what people are looking for and requires little time/effort on the thread creators part.
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Yup there is actually a space for that already, just no content for it for the Buffalo exhibition game (as far as I know at this point).
1 x
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Not criticizing the length of anyone's thoughts...I just find it humorous that there's all the kerfuffle about the title...and making an over/under prediction on number of pages it could take to thrash this out...

I just appreciate the fact that someone/anyone is willing to put this together
3 x