No signs this season

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Re: No signs this season

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Just saw this on twitter. I think this is one of Jay's signs. I hope he's getting some royalties...

1 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

Email Thorr........he will usually reply, although it's mostly generic AD speak.

Hopefully a bunch of us will get in his ear during the inseason coach's shows....if they are even having them anymore.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

Steve mentioned doing the coaches show again this season on the season ticket holder appreciation night. From what I remember they were talking about making them a studio show last year, not sure if going to the tournament changed their thinking
1 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Isn't the show part of Hurley's contract?
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I believe he gets money for doing it but I don't believe where it's done is mandated in the contract
0 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

I think the better course of action would be to get in Dan's ear. He would likely listen and buy into all of our concerns about not generating a real home court advantage due to the environment stifling by the University. Dan has pull and could truly influence the chance if he felt strongly enough in agreement with us.
0 x
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

RhowdyRam02 wrote:Steve mentioned doing the coaches show again this season on the season ticket holder appreciation night. From what I remember they were talking about making them a studio show last year, not sure if going to the tournament changed their thinking
Personally, I think that the Coach's Shows at Mews, etc. is a great thing to look forward to on a Monday night in the middle of winter.
3 x
BleedBlue87
ARD

Unread post by BleedBlue87 »

Man this is a terrible thing that happen to you. I'll be shooting an email asking them for an explanation on this. It's not right.
2 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Taylor Swift wrote:
RhowdyRam02 wrote:Steve mentioned doing the coaches show again this season on the season ticket holder appreciation night. From what I remember they were talking about making them a studio show last year, not sure if going to the tournament changed their thinking
Personally, I think that the Coach's Shows at Mews, etc. is a great thing to look forward to on a Monday night in the middle of winter.
Completely agree, I hope they keep the format they had.
1 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

Wow this sucks.

I was badly injured last year and would have a difficult time getting up to my seat. Upon at last arriving at my seats seeing those signs about Kelloggs Hair, or Wil Wade in a NCSU hat always made me smile and forget the damn pain for a minute.

I find it amusing she worked at Syracuse. As someone who' works for a company that runs a major event at the convention center there. i can tell you i have never seen a more desperate city/university for money/business.

Heck, i remember being invited to the last Nova vs Cuse game at the Dome (during the BE era). They sold at least 4-5k tickets with NO SIGHTLINE AT ALL. Oddly enough it was pretty damn loud with lots of signs.. our host from SU willingly admitted they knowingly sell thousands of these seats at big games and expected that number to increase in the ACC.
2 x
Running Ram
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Running Ram »

There is a marketing discussion going on in the Holycross thread. I'd like to point out that not only are we severely lacking in the marketing department, but some of the short-sighted folks drawing a check from the university would look to shut down organic efforts like what Jay was doing for us all!!! It's actually a huge issue! the lack of appropriate marketing is making a joke of all the hard work that DH and others have been doing. It's a bit sad really.
0 x
Go Rhody!!!
Birthplace of 'Fastbreak Basketball'
UCH21377
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by UCH21377 »

I think I saw Rhody Jay courtside on TV
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Looked like Blue Man and lovely wife courtside across from Rhody bench. A Thanksgiving to remember for sure.
1 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

I've been off this board since last season so I'm late to this thread. Here are my thoughts:

ARE YOU EFFIN' KIDDING ME?!?! A passionate fan of many years who has given his heart, soul and money to his beloved alma mater gets kicked to the curb for passionately supporting his team by some neophyte administrator who is responsible for raising funds for said alma mater? The arrogance and wrongheadedness of this woman is beyond belief.

I'm sorry you had to go through this nonsense. Hope she gets the same treatment herself!
2 x
PeteRI
Sly Williams

Unread post by PeteRI »

PS:
What a YOOOOG win tonight! Hope you were sitting behind her with a bullhorn!! 8-)
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

RoadyJay, I beg you to bring the Cooley signs Saturday. They were the best. We need them Saturday after the comments he made yesterday about the RC.
3 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Taylor Swift
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Taylor Swift »

Rhody83 wrote:RoadyJay, I beg you to bring the Cooley signs Saturday. They were the best. We need them Saturday after the comments he made yesterday about the RC.

Cooley with his hot dogs and donuts.
1 x
RoadyJay
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by RoadyJay »

Rhody83 wrote:RoadyJay, I beg you to bring the Cooley signs Saturday. They were the best. We need them Saturday after the comments he made yesterday about the RC.
I’m happy to confirm that there will be a limited number of signs for the PC game.

I will not be holding up the signs but instead the Ruckus has agreed to do it.
13 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Great solution. Should do that going forward. Even if you don't want to make new ones, I'm sure you have a lot you can reuse.
2 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

RoadyJay wrote:
I’m happy to confirm that there will be a limited number of signs for the PC game.

I will not be holding up the signs but instead the Ruckus has agreed to do it.
Not that it's my call to make, but they might want to wait to unveil that for a key free throw, would be an excellent psyche out!

Might not want to click on the following video if you're in work!

0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Signs that poke Cooley will be very welcome.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

Can you please bring the Cooley hot dog sign today?.....just for this one game.....it would be greatly appreciated.
0 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

I hope the fans get on Cooley right away. The signs could help!

RoadyJay, thanks for bringing the signs today. Great idea with the Ruckus.
I will buy you a beer at the NCAA Tournament this year.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

I’m pumped for the signs today! I love it....go Rhody!
0 x