Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Night

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
URIGONZO
ARD

Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Night

Unread post by URIGONZO »

Just got a nice email about the season ticket holder appreciation night at the Ryan Center on a Thursday in September. Should be a fun thing to do.

I tried to RSVP on the website, and I don't pretend to be a computer genius, but I am no idiot and could not complete the RSVP.

Any suggestions from the masses?
0 x
From the Standpoint of Sitting Down.
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Re: Season Ticket Holder Appreciation Night

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Thanks for the heads up...saw there was a phone-it-in option....did that...took about a minute and a half...
0 x
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

When is it? What tims
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

Hope to see everyone tonight!!!
0 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

Yeah, see you there!
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

Rhody Tickets‏ @RhodyTickets · 22m22 minutes ago
Doors open in just about an hour for the @RhodyMBB/@RhodyWBB Season Ticket Holder Appreciation event. We're looking forward to seeing you!

Looking forward to reports from those in attendance.
0 x
giovanni
Carlton Owens

Unread post by giovanni »

Dan is on with Steve McDonald right now from Ryan Center on WHJJ
3 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Any new info being shed? Anything on the last game being added?
1 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Still trying for that last game, because it would be well worth the effort to get it. However, Time is almost out.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

- Excellent, well orchestrated event
- Allowed to walk into Women's and Men's Locker Rooms - very nice
- Entered the new Media Room which is not 100% completed as yet but will be very nice - pictured displayed of the final look with the furniture
- Nice lounge/relaxing areas for the players with big screen TVs
- Players from both teams enjoyed themselves mingling with fans and with themselves
- Tom Moore introduced himself to many fans, he is impressive
- Formal program started about 8pm
- Introduction of each member of the Women's team by HC Dania La-Force who did an excellent job introducing each player and staff member. She talked excitedly about the team being completely recruited by herself now, and how excited she was about the level of talent on this year's team
- Dan Hurley introduced the men's team players and staff. He introduced the new additions to this year's staff which was excellent!! TJ :D :D
- Championship Rings were presented to all of last year's team members, plus AD, President, Academic Advisors, Coaches, Staff
- Video was awesome. Started with the low point of the season - the Fordham game February 15th game and then included highlights of each game after that - ending with the Oregon game. I'll never get tired of seeing the EC Mathews dunk in the Davidson game. Just fantastic highlight film.
- 2 Banners were unveiled
- Dan talked about how last year's success has helped with recruiting this year
- Dan said the goals for this year are the same as they were for last year
- He pushed for everyone to attend every game. Wants the arena filled every game. Also pushing for attendance to the women's games
- Proud to be a URI Ram Fan
Last edited by ramster 6 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
13 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

Good stuff ramster
0 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
Tom98
Tom Garrick

Unread post by Tom98 »

Great event.... I was very impressed with the way the whole night was coordinated. Solid turnout and everybody is pumped fir season to begin. It was nice to see some of the behind the scene rooms at the RC. Locker rooms and film room are all top notch!
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Great recap, thanks for the info. I hope they put that highlight video online at some point.
1 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
CTRamfan
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by CTRamfan »

We couldn't make it,.........but was Tom Moore there?

He still doesn't appear on the coaches roster on gorhody. I am guessing there may be some negotiation going on regarding his Quinnipiac contract.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Tom Moore was there as others have reported. I don't think there is an issue with his contract; I think there is an issue with how quickly we update our website.
1 x
CT Rhody
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by CT Rhody »

Was Boswell there? Any statement made regarding last weeks incident? Sounds like a fantastic event though!
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I don't believe Boswell was there, as he is on administrative leave.
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CTRamfan wrote:We couldn't make it,.........but was Tom Moore there?

He still doesn't appear on the coaches roster on gorhody. I am guessing there may be some negotiation going on regarding his Quinnipiac contract.
Regarding Tom Moore see my 6th bullet point in my highlights of the night. He was there and introducing himself to many in the crowd - very outgoing and impressive

Coach roster has not been updated. I'm sure all changes will be done at one time. Doesn't mean they haven't already taken place.
0 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

CT Rhody wrote:Was Boswell there? Any statement made regarding last weeks incident? Sounds like a fantastic event though!
No statements were made on the incident you mention and no statements on recruiting - it was not that kind of event. It was to mingle with the season ticket holders, thank them for their support, meet and greet the players on both teams, recognize the accomplishments of last year's men's team along with presenting them with their championship rings, etc.
1 x
bmat07
Abdul Fox

Unread post by bmat07 »

Looked and sounded like a great event. Ryan Center lighting looks awesome too.

Just curious in the pics I saw why the NCAA banner doesn't say Round of 32?
0 x
URIGONZO
ARD

I was VERY impressed with the turnout....place was packed!!! My only gripe was having to wait outside in a long line to get in...they should have emailed everyone tickets.

I had not been in the men's locker room in 10 years, and it has been completely updated, impressive.

The Ryan Center should be rocking this year.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Those rings are lookin good. Love it!
0 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Sounds like a great night!!!
Any pics of the banners? Or even the rings?
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

bmat07 wrote:Looked and sounded like a great event. Ryan Center lighting looks awesome too.

0 x
Rhodysk
ARD

Unread post by Rhodysk »

Looks amazing!!!!
Perfect!!!
Now to add more!!!
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

adam914 wrote:Those rings are lookin good. Love it!

0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Looks like a great night, I'll be a season guy soon enough, but I hope they still have a banner event on opening night!
3 x
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

I hope the banner will eventually make its way off that partition and up into the rafters as some point...
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

TruePoint wrote:I hope the banner will eventually make its way off that partition and up into the rafters as some point...
I was thinking the same thing, I kind of assumed they just put them there to unveil them last night and will be moving them for the season opener.
3 x
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Yes, of course. Banner raising ceremony on opening night. Be there.
3 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

A question on recruiting. It is known that top recruits will be making their official visits in Sept. Why didn't URI schedule this appreciation night for Friday? I would think it would've been a recruiting advantage if J Harris got to experience that night on his visit. Woukd that be allowed by NCAA during an official visit?
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Rhody83 wrote:A question on recruiting. It is known that top recruits will be making their official visits in Sept. Why didn't URI schedule this appreciation night for Friday? I would think it would've been a recruiting advantage if J Harris got to experience that night on his visit. Woukd that be allowed by NCAA during an official visit?
There's a WWE event at the Ryan Center tonight, so they wouldn't have been able to hold it there tonight. But the NCAA question is a good one, not sure if that would even be allowed to have a recruit at an event like that.
1 x
rhodylaw
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by rhodylaw »

adam914 wrote:
Rhody83 wrote:A question on recruiting. It is known that top recruits will be making their official visits in Sept. Why didn't URI schedule this appreciation night for Friday? I would think it would've been a recruiting advantage if J Harris got to experience that night on his visit. Woukd that be allowed by NCAA during an official visit?
There's a WWE event at the Ryan Center tonight, so they wouldn't have been able to hold it there tonight. But the NCAA question is a good one, not sure if that would even be allowed to have a recruit at an event like that.
I wouldn't risk the embarrassment of a poor turnout if I were the coaches either.
1 x
Rhody83
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhody83 »

rhodylaw wrote:
adam914 wrote:
I wouldn't risk the embarrassment of a poor turnout if I were the coaches either.
That is true. Coaches want to have control of everything that happens during the visit. No risk with the unknown or relying on other people.
1 x
“We will be good when we are good.”
Blue Man
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Blue Man »

Rhody83 wrote:
rhodylaw wrote:
adam914 wrote:
That is true. Coaches want to have control of everything that happens during the visit. No risk with the unknown or relying on other people.
I can't think of a worse selling point than bringing a recruit to meet a mainly 60+ segment of our fanbase
5 x
If you say you’re a Rhody fan, I know you are my brother. For you have suffered as I have suffered.

Give to the Athletic Director's Fund

Give to Rhody's NIL
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Agree. Having been at the Season Ticket Appreciation event, I would not think that this environment would be ideally suited for recruiting a player. Better to have the recruit spending focused time with the players and coaches in my opinion.
2 x
Puck Frovidence
ARD

Unread post by Puck Frovidence »

Anybody else get a little twinge of pride at how nice the locker rooms are? My place in the city is not cheap and their showers make mine look like a dump
1 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Puck Frovidence wrote:Anybody else get a little twinge of pride at how nice the locker rooms are? My place in the city is not cheap and their showers make mine look like a dump
I've been pushing the Practice Center as much as anyone here, to keep up with VCU, Dayton, PC, UMASS, UCONN, etc. but after seeing the locker rooms, lounge areas, Media Center, the quality of these areas, the nice touch of pictures on the walls everywhere, I was highly pleased.

Getting the more immediate necessities like Media Room is important short term. I like the strategy.

Now let's go top 3 on a regular basis in the A10, capitalize on the improved level of recruiting prowness as a result of our A10 and NCAA success last year (as Dan referred to in his talk Thursday night), and then push for the Practice Center later in makes sense.

URI Basketball is on a very good track.
2 x
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

bmat07 wrote:Looked and sounded like a great event. Ryan Center lighting looks awesome too.

to me because that is not something worthy of being celebrated specifically.

basically if you dont get to the 2nd weekend, you hang a generic banner. if you make the 16, 8, 4, etc...you mention that honor
1 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Unread post by RhowdyRam02 »

ATPTourFan wrote:Still trying for that last game, because it would be well worth the effort to get it. However, Time is almost out.
So you posted this four days ago, I said today it was confirmed they were looking to add another game as of the season ticket holder event, but now you're saying you don't expect another game to be added and were kind of dismissive of my comment in the schedule thread. What gives?
0 x
Take down the Robert Carothers banner and fix the concession stand lines
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Sorry about that. I misread your comment. As of the event last week there may have been an very outside chance. I can’t believe by now this additional game is in play.
1 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

Fair enough. Too bad the game didn't come to fruition.
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

The students get their night:

0 x
RhowdyRam02
Frank Keaney

I know it's mostly geared towards students, but they also distributed season tickets at Rhody Madness last year
0 x
RF1
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by RF1 »

0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

That looks awesome !!!