Boon Street Basketball

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramster
Frank Keaney

Boon Street Basketball

Unread post by ramster »

Nice article. Lot of history here.......

http://www.ricentral.com/narragansett_t ... e93b0.html
2 x
Rhody Guy
Art Stephenson

Re: Boon Street Basketball

Unread post by Rhody Guy »

Funny stuff, I played a season with Team Dewey and a Season on Rory's team.
0 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Nice piece. Never heard the Al story
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
Ramtastico
Lamar Odom

Unread post by Ramtastico »

Tommy T! Was at URI with him and played intramural ball with him. Good to see him still philosophizing!
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Nice article , I was more familiar with the North Providence summer league as I used to watch games there in the early 80s great league
0 x
PlayMikeMotenMore
Tom Garrick

Unread post by PlayMikeMotenMore »

Many of these same players used to play in the East Greenwich Summer League at Eldridge Courts. Both Fiore brothers, who I had to match up with, were physical players but generally good guys (well respected). Bobby Rietz played with them too. Kevin Barboza who played for the famed Washington Generals. Ex-PC player Jacek Duda played a little, Dave Cingiser who played at Bryant, and others (I believe Phil Kydd made some appearances) played in East Greenwich on Monday thru Thursday nights in the summer months of the late 80's and early 90's. You never knew who would stop by and have a game.

Those were good times and good games playing against them. Much tougher than playing indoors...hard fouls on the hard court, playing in the wind and setting sun, some days it was very hot.
0 x