New Keaney Blue Banner

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
ramsman75
Jeff Kent

New Keaney Blue Banner

Unread post by ramsman75 »

Not sure if it's been discussed previously but when the time comes to change the banner I'm hoping to see the five seniors have the honors for this season. I think they will all be significant contributors.
3 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Re: New Keaney Blue Banner

Unread post by Rhody74 »

That's a great idea ....
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
Rhody15
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by Rhody15 »

In my opinion Berry doesn't deserve to be up. He hasn't done anything here, and those 5 up top now were all significant contributors before the banner was made.
0 x
Go Rhody
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I already created the new banner last week and ATP will be getting it up soon. Berry didn't make the cut unfortunately. Only so much room up there.
2 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

I'm gonna miss the current banner. It's awesome!
2 x
Billyboy78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by Billyboy78 »

If there's going to be 5 people, maybe coach should be one of them.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

theblueram wrote:I'm gonna miss the current banner. It's awesome!
Thanks! Trust me it sucked having to take Hassan and Kuran off of there!
3 x
"Our goals have not changed, we want to be the best program in the Atlantic 10, and even more than that we want to get to a Final Four someday." - Thorr Bjorn - March 22, 2018
ramsman75
Jeff Kent

Rhody15 wrote:In my opinion Berry doesn't deserve to be up. He hasn't done anything here, and those 5 up top now were all significant contributors before the banner was made.
adam914 wrote:I already created the new banner last week and ATP will be getting it up soon. Berry didn't make the cut unfortunately. Only so much room up there.
OK...so without making a major debate (and given that the banner is already created) I respectfully disagree with the decision to exclude Berry, presumably in favor of Cyril. I believe that this is one small way that we can recognize the tremendous effort that Andre appears to have made to get in better playing shape since his arrival in Kingston, effort that I believe will be rewarded this year when front court help will be at a premium.

Cyril has two more years to share the limelight of the highly respected and widely esteemed role of gracing the banner of Keaney Blue. This is Andre's last go-round.
1 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Rhody74 wrote:That's a great idea ....
Thanks captain obvious.
0 x
GO RAMS
Da_Process_Survivor
Cuttino Mobley

Unread post by Da_Process_Survivor »

ramsman75 wrote:
Rhody15 wrote:In my opinion Berry doesn't deserve to be up. He hasn't done anything here, and those 5 up top now were all significant contributors before the banner was made.
adam914 wrote:I already created the new banner last week and ATP will be getting it up soon. Berry didn't make the cut unfortunately. Only so much room up there.
OK...so without making a major debate (and given that the banner is already created) I respectfully disagree with the decision to exclude Berry, presumably in favor of Cyril. I believe that this is one small way that we can recognize the tremendous effort that Andre appears to have made to get in better playing shape since his arrival in Kingston, effort that I believe will be rewarded this year when front court help will be at a premium.

Cyril has two more years to share the limelight of the highly respected and widely esteemed role of gracing the banner of Keaney Blue. This is Andre's last go-round.
the banner shouldn't have any bigs on it, just go with the 5 headed monster known as our guards...

EC
Terrell
Garrett
Stan
Jefe
0 x
---
He was a snake oil salesman...just like the rest of em
---
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

I know it is already done. And I resisted posting this earlier.

BUT.

COuld be nice to just have the team picture at the A10 championship ceremony after they won it....
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
ramsman75
Jeff Kent

....and it's good to hear that ATP will be getting it up soon! Great news for Mrs ATP!
1 x
Iggy1979
Sly Williams

Unread post by Iggy1979 »

Thanks for the warning; I just saved the current one.
0 x
"Every season, college basketball has one or two teams that rise from dormancy to relevancy, squads that make long-awaited charges at the NCAA Tournament and become really fun storylines along the way."
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

I appreciate everyone's input on the banner, I had no idea it would be such a hotly debated topic! (kidding of course) As for Berry, while I love the kid and hope he is a huge contributor this year, I usually try to keep it focusing on just the starting five because I mentioned before there is only so much room up there and it's not going to look very good if you start trying to cram a bunch of guys on there. Not to even mention the fact that finding a useable photo of Berry is next to impossible (I looked) because he hasn't played all that much.

This year, I went with 6 guys because its still a little unclear exactly who may be starting and I think we have a pretty main core of 6 guys that everyone can agree will be like a starting 5 + 1, if you will.
0 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Seawrightspostgame wrote:I know it is already done. And I resisted posting this earlier.

BUT.

COuld be nice to just have the team picture at the A10 championship ceremony after they won it....
I did try this last year after the A10 tourney and the photos available didn't look great when I put it together. Either way though, at this point I think it makes sense to turn the page to next season and make the focus on the guys on this year's roster. The trophy and "2017 A-10 Champions" part will stay.
1 x
Ramulous
Carlton Owens

Unread post by Ramulous »

I may demand that the banner be taken down completely......
1 x
F*ck Alacki, DarthFriar, DirtyBeanFriar94, xCoachK, Boxworth, Friar Faithful, bicycleicycle, Matt_Keough, Patrick Norton, the Rosato brothers, and especially Benjamin Lord !
NYGFan_Section208
Frank Keaney

Unread post by NYGFan_Section208 »

Ramulous wrote:I may demand that the banner be taken down completely......
No argument here...not sure how much work it is to change...but, maybe throw up a recognizable highlight every week or so as warranted...otherwise....post the ranking.... Then again, I'm still new and know very little....
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Rhodymob05 wrote:
Rhody74 wrote:That's a great idea ....
Thanks captain obvious.
Actually, I agree with everything in this thread.
0 x
Slava Ukraini!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

It is done.

Adam made a version without the A10 Champs trophy, but I thought we can keep this up as long as Rhode Island is the reigning A10 champs.
4 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
theblueram
Frank Keaney

Unread post by theblueram »

Love the banner. Get it done boys!!!!! NCAA or Bust!!!!!
2 x
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Great job Adam!
1 x
adam914
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by adam914 »

Thanks ramster!
0 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

Nice Job!
1 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

like it....

Keep the trophy up all year please
0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

As long as we are reigning champions, indeed.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund