Rams Trip to The Bahamas

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Re: Rams Trip to The Bahamas

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Would rather go someplace where there's less of a chance of being attacked/witnessing and event that could put them in a therapist office. Certainly help the players focus more and feel more comfortable. Plus it's paradise.
1 x
GO RAMS
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Unread post by TruePoint »

There is such an infinitesimal chance of being "attacked" it's almost not worth talking about. I wish the media would just stop covering it. More people die in freak accidents in their own homes or on their jobs every day than terrorists kill or even hurt in a year. I feel terribly for the people that have been victims of terror attacks, but they are unluckier than people who win powerball are lucky.
1 x
"If you build it, they will come." --Us, circa 2011
ramster
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ramster »

Go there and you will see everyone going to and from work, carrying on their normal lives. News media dramatizes to the extent that people want to cancel their travel plans to all of Europe. Life goes on everywhere. Media does just what the terrorists hope they will do.
It's tragic for sure, disgusting, barbaric, mean to take innocent people's lives of all ages.
But I hope the WBB team stays with their plans for Portugal and Barcelona.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Last year my wife and I had plans to go to Paris at the end of the summer, and in the weeks leading up to our trip there were attacks all over Europe - France, Germany, Spain, UK, Belgium. I never even considered not going. We had a blast and never thought about it once.
0 x
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

TruePoint wrote:Last year my wife and I had plans to go to Paris at the end of the summer, and in the weeks leading up to our trip there were attacks all over Europe - France, Germany, Spain, UK, Belgium. I never even considered not going. We had a blast and never thought about it once.
I agree with you. I think there's a difference, though, in making a decision for yourself and having to consider the feelings of the people you're ultimately responsible for and those of their families. Logically, it should be the same, but I imagine it is more complicated. Arizona State took the Barcelona/Rome trip this summer, and it was exhausting but fine.
0 x
TruePoint
Frank Keaney

Ace - I'm sympathetic to the line of thinking.
0 x
hrstrat57
Sly Williams

Unread post by hrstrat57 »

0 x
We're gonna run the picket fence at "em.....now boys don't get caught watchin' the paint dry!
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Damn these terrorist attacks they need to stop. Glad all the touring teams are ok
1 x
Hal Kopp
Art Stephenson

Unread post by Hal Kopp »

Rams were smart to avoid Europe.
0 x
Dre3000
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by Dre3000 »

Wanted to drop this here real quick because I hadn't seen it posted or reported anywhere. A couple days ago speaking with someone in the program about the trip I found out that Dave Cox coached both the games out there. Supposedly Hurley sat up in the stands the entire time. Not sure if there was any real reason behind it but thought it was pretty interesting nonetheless.
0 x
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Unread post by Rhody74 »

Dre3000 wrote:Wanted to drop this here real quick because I hadn't seen it posted or reported anywhere. A couple days ago speaking with someone in the program about the trip I found out that Dave Cox coached both the games out there. Supposedly Hurley sat up in the stands the entire time. Not sure if there was any real reason behind it but thought it was pretty interesting nonetheless.
I think I read this somewhere, maybe Koch. I don't think it means much other than Hurley wanted a different perspective.
1 x
Slava Ukraini!
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Dre3000 wrote:Wanted to drop this here real quick because I hadn't seen it posted or reported anywhere. A couple days ago speaking with someone in the program about the trip I found out that Dave Cox coached both the games out there. Supposedly Hurley sat up in the stands the entire time. Not sure if there was any real reason behind it but thought it was pretty interesting nonetheless.
It was in here, from the official game recap on gorhody.com

http://gorhody.com/sports/m-baskbl/2017 ... 0809w2queo

Associate head coach David Cox manned the sidelines for the Rams as head coach Dan Hurley observed from behind the bench. "It was great to have Dave and the coaching staff prepare the team and make the in-game adjustments, while I was able to observe aspects of the game from a different perspective," Hurley said. "That is one of the many benefits of playing a summer foreign tour - it allows you to experiment in a live-game setting. The experience is invaluable."
0 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

Smart move especially if DH ever gets the heave ho due to poor officiating
0 x