Top 50 players

Talk about the men's team, upcoming opponents and news from around college hoop.
Rhody74
Sly Williams

Top 50 players

Unread post by Rhody74 »

0 x
Slava Ukraini!
SmartyBarrett
Sly Williams

Re: Top 50 players

Unread post by SmartyBarrett »

Saying The Big Lead is trash would be giving them too much credit.

(Not just about this post - in general.)
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

For sure he would be in 51-75 ???
0 x
Rhodymob05
Tyson Wheeler

Unread post by Rhodymob05 »

Thats nuts, and considering that he does get national attention.
0 x
GO RAMS
ATPTourFan
Frank Keaney

Unread post by ATPTourFan »

And other A10 players are in there.
0 x
Support Coach Miller & Rhody Basketball! Give to the Athletic Director's Fund
ace
Ernie Calverley

Unread post by ace »

Jack is smart. Jack knows basketball. Let's listen to Jack.

3 x
rodfromcranston
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rodfromcranston »

Personally, I think Terrell is a much better all around
player than EC.
Nobody ever takes Terrell out for defense.
3 x
< Arthur is my spirit animal.
wpbrown8267
Art Stephenson

Unread post by wpbrown8267 »

De'Monte Buckingham!!??

Jack Gibbs is spot on, this list is trash. EC should be between 40-50 IMHO
1 x
KevanBoyles
Carlton Owens

Unread post by KevanBoyles »

I like Terrell's game a lot. I hope he continues to mature, plays with less reckless abandon, and cuts down on his fouls.
1 x
reef
Frank Keaney

Unread post by reef »

I think EC is ready to take off this year one year after the ACL. If so he should crack the top 50
0 x
EGram
Jimmy Baron

Unread post by EGram »

I really hope E.C Improves his senior year. he clearly has lots of talent and guys often take two full years to recover fully from ACL injuries.

Right now i can't argue with not ranking him among the elite of college basketball. Mostly because of a few things he really needs to improve on.

He is totally one handed right to the point where opponents were sometimes shading him almost comically to his left. Despite essentially being offered a free lane to the basket on his right he rarely would take the opportunity offered

His effort level and mental issues can be really cripple him. We all saw how he could be totally invisible for very long stretches despite being on the court. Not to mention his wariness to make effort plays on scrambles for loose balls. Something that nearly cost us a game vs VCU down the stretch. I mention the mental part because I think it not only plays into what i mentioned above but also his tendency to be a super streaky shooter. When he is locked in and confident his shot mechanics look excellent. However, at times when his confidence is shaken he often rushes his jump shot, messing up his footplant/square up and even the shot motion itself looks hurried. When this happens he often has brutal cold streaks.

lastly, his defense is not up to par with Terrel, or Robinson. Once again the effort level really runs hot and cold.

I do feel he showed some improvement last year in terms of his tendency to dribble into the defense with a very vulnerable, high dribble and in general made better decisions. Hopefully, he can improve his other issues and become the elite player we know he is capable of being.
0 x
rambone 78
Frank Keaney

Unread post by rambone 78 »

If you saw him at the open practice, it looks like he has improved his right hand dribble and the overall dribble itself is closer to the floor.

He still and likely always will be better driving with his left hand, but there seems to be improvement overall....how he does at the end of close games will be very important as to determining just how successful the team will be this season.

I think him and Terrell will have really good seasons....they haven't been "on" at the same time very often in games, but if they can do that more often, they will be tough to beat.
1 x
Seawrightspostgame
Sly Williams

Unread post by Seawrightspostgame »

EC and Jared will benefit from playing together for a season and over a year. EC's injury threw a wrench into them developing a good on-court flow.

Ultimately they and we will benefit from EC's added year. All of these guys played in the backcourt last year and got such valuable experience. Now the whole offseason of hard work will pay off.

Very optimistic.
0 x
I want to change my name to BlockIslandFerry